Marcin Gortat "The polish hammer"

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

KrazyP
General Manager
And1: 5,458

Re: Marcin Gortat "The polish hammer" 

Post#21 » by KrazyP » Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:53 pm

6_Rings wrote:
ORLMagicGirl15 wrote:
6_Rings wrote:another overrated player getting PAID because of NASH

He got PAID because of what he did in the 2009 finals and Dallas offered him a deal and Orlando matched it. It had nothing to do with Nash.

let me re-quote then. Another overrated player who will GET PAID because of Nash. What is happy in Polish?

Yes, Nash is the reason why Gortat is a great rebounder/defender. :roll: Sometimes I wish realgm was a dictatorship so you could just ban idiots on the spot.
tranjSAIC
Banned User
And1: 527

Post#22 » by tranjSAIC » Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:03 pm

6_Rings wrote:
ORLMagicGirl15 wrote:
6_Rings wrote:another overrated player getting PAID because of NASH

He got PAID because of what he did in the 2009 finals and Dallas offered him a deal and Orlando matched it. It had nothing to do with Nash.

let me re-quote then. Another overrated player who will GET PAID because of Nash. What is happy in Polish?

What is your problem with him? or do you just love Nash that much? WHEN he actually got a chance to log heavy minutes in games for Orlando he always produced. The MAIN reason his numbers are so good now isn't because of Nash, it's because he is actually getting a chance to show his talent off.
Nolan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,611

Post#23 » by Nolan » Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:06 pm

He's everything you want in a center. He rebounds, plays defense, has that gritty edge and he doesn't need the ball to be effective. He's been great for the Suns so far.
@bruce_arthur "And finally, as a whore." RT @docfunk "Here is what LeBron looks like as a Knick, a Fireman, an Astronaut..."
Volcano
RealGM
And1: 7,780

Post#24 » by Volcano » Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:19 pm

man..I wanted this guy on the Raps

tranjSAIC wrote:
6_Rings wrote:let me re-quote then. Another overrated player who will GET PAID because of Nash. What is happy in Polish?

What is your problem with him? or do you just love Nash that much? WHEN he actually got a chance to log heavy minutes in games for Orlando he always produced. The MAIN reason his numbers are so good now isn't because of Nash, it's because he is actually getting a chance to show his talent off.

He probably thought Gortat was a big time scrub and now he's trying to justify his case since he doesn't want to admit to himself that he's a terrible analyst.
YFZblu
Assistant Coach
And1: 412

Post#25 » by YFZblu » Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:21 pm

Nolan wrote:He's everything you want in a center. He rebounds, plays defense, has that gritty edge and he doesn't need the ball to be effective. He's been great for the Suns so far.

He has completely solidified the defense, IMO the Suns are playing top 10 defense since the middle of January. The numbers support it.

Need to make a GOATat signature soon...
YFZblu
Assistant Coach
And1: 412

Post#26 » by YFZblu » Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:26 pm

Since there's a debate gong about what Nash does for Gortat, here's what Gortat has posted on his Twitter in that regard:

Huh.... One day i will tell my kids i played with Steve Nash. Its better than winning a ring!!!:) ( but i still want one)... :)

Steve Nash..... Best point guard in the league!!! He is a general of this army!!!

I have to say..... Steve nash is my hero!!!! If i will have to go for dinner with one person on the world???? ..... Its steve!!!!!

Best PG in the league!!! Guy is just not normal!! True leader and general of the suns army:)))

...not sure if he posted it on his Twitter, but Gortat later went on to say that Nash is responsible for "at least" 50% of his production. That's bromance if I've ever seen it.
Coach Smiley
Assistant Coach
And1: 980

Post#27 » by Coach Smiley » Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:00 pm

He needs to stop stealing nicknames, Ivan Putski FTW
Last Guardian
RealGM
And1: 4,012

Post#28 » by Last Guardian » Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:01 pm

He was a scrub for the Magic this season, but we knew from past seasons he would be great in starters minutes.
WeAreVenom
Head Coach
And1: 334

Post#29 » by WeAreVenom » Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:10 pm

Last Guardian wrote:He was a scrub for the Magic this season, but we knew from past seasons he would be great in starters minutes.

Yeah, it was clear that he was getting pissed about his limited minutes. A lot of times he was just out there not showing any effort, which is probably why some of us were bashing him.

I remember last summer on a Polish radio station, he expressed some joy that he thought he was going to be traded to Minny, because he thought it would give him a chance to start. That's how much he wanted to play.

Not that I'm mad, or that you can blame him or whatever, but it's clear.
MikeM
General Manager
And1: 9,878

Post#30 » by MikeM » Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:27 pm

1. Set screen for Nash
2. Roll to rim
3. Receive ball directly between numbers
4. Dunk
darth_federer
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 922

Post#31 » by darth_federer » Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:37 pm

Its the Raptors...

Profanity wrote:This is why I question a Canadian team in our league. it's a govt conspiracy trina to sell all our milk to Russia. They let the raptors participate to not let canadians demand crossing taxes. it will backfire one day.
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 8,102

Post#32 » by HMFFL » Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:38 pm

Choker wrote:To think he should have been in Dallas.

Cuban can only blame himself for rushing the situations like he did. He tends to do it often and poor choices are common with him. Gortat openly said he wanted to be a Mavericks, so rushed to sign him, and actually thought Otis Smith would just look past it. Orlando ended up not only matching the offer sheet, but also signing Brandon Bass, and leaving Dallas with nothing.
SUN
Lead Assistant
And1: 866

Post#33 » by SUN » Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:42 pm

He's doing great and he's always dunking the ball. He's fun to watch and he's been great ever since January. I couldn't be happier.
rsavaj
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,767

Post#34 » by rsavaj » Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:42 pm

I think dude is tied or ahead of Lamar Odom for most double doubles by a reserve
ORLMagicGirl15
RealGM
And1: 3,820

Post#35 » by ORLMagicGirl15 » Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:40 am

droponov wrote:Maybe. I know that when he was traded I had some discussions about Orlando fans who were bashing his value. You have the link to one of those threads right there but there were more.

Maybe some Orlando fans change their tune once they trade away a players or the privilege of wathcing them play doesn't do much for them.

Never trust a disgruntled fan who is trying to justify a move to make the acquisition(s) seem better for them in the long run by putting down the traded player(s).
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.-John 3:16

Go Magic, Go Dwight, Go Vuc, Go Paolo, Go Keegan :)

Return to The General Board