Perkins has beef with Chandler?

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

DavidSterned
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,154

Re: Perkins has beef with Chandler? 

Post#61 » by DavidSterned » Thu May 19, 2011 4:50 am

dream_catcher_9 wrote:
Have you ever seen Perkins play? he is one of the most physical defenders in the NBA.

I wouldn't say most physical, but he's in the upper echelon I guess. Which just goes to show how soft the league has become. The fact that a fake tough guy like Perkins who starts fake media fights and can't use his physicality enough to make a marked difference on the court is considered "tough" by today's standards is just laughable. Physical or not, I do think there are a number of guys who would kick the crap out of Perkins if he gave them sufficient reason.
wiff
Head Coach
And1: 21

Post#62 » by wiff » Thu May 19, 2011 5:17 am

I absolutely LOVE Perkins.

I have been a Sonic fan now a Thunder fan forever. He is the first center this franchise has had in about a decade who actually plays with a pair of balls and works hard on "D".

I could care less the guy can't hit a 4 foot jumper. I just want him to protect the paint knock people on their butts and keep a chip on his shoulder.

I hope he hates his opponents, I want him to be mean.
jourdy
Starter
And1: 959

Post#63 » by jourdy » Thu May 19, 2011 5:44 am

I remember a few years back when Perk was still a Celtic (2006?) and fouled Dirk hard on a regular season game. Dirk was not happy and gave Porkins an earful and he didn't even respond. It was Antoine Walker who talked back to Dirk.

Does anyone have a video of that? Context?
Soul Patch
RealGM
And1: 920

Post#64 » by Soul Patch » Thu May 19, 2011 5:49 am

I like Perkins. He knows his role and plays to his strengths. And I like players that can say I don't like so and so and he doesn't like me. I'm tired of hugs and ass squeezing all over the place.
Jugs wrote:Fark orf slet kent dome wuote ujquote exp
carbine23
Veteran
And1: 84

Post#65 » by carbine23 » Thu May 19, 2011 6:03 am

jourdy wrote:I remember a few years back when Perk was still a Celtic (2006?) and fouled Dirk hard on a regular season game. Dirk was not happy and gave Porkins an earful and he didn't even respond. It was Antoine Walker who talked back to Dirk.

that would be the early years with PP right?
Walker was still a Heat during the 06
jourdy
Starter
And1: 959

Post#66 » by jourdy » Thu May 19, 2011 6:18 am

carbine23 wrote:
jourdy wrote:I remember a few years back when Perk was still a Celtic (2006?) and fouled Dirk hard on a regular season game. Dirk was not happy and gave Porkins an earful and he didn't even respond. It was Antoine Walker who talked back to Dirk.

that would be the early years with PP right?
Walker was still a Heat during the 06

Then it must be 2005, because Antoine Walker was a Mav in 2004.

Return to The General Board