Is Durant becoming flopper?

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

doctorfunk
Banned User
And1: 3

Re: Is Durant becoming flopper? 

Post#21 » by doctorfunk » Wed May 18, 2011 10:58 pm

1st play was clean, 2nd was a clear flop - how is this even debatable, I know you like KD and all that, but cmon
TDotRep
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#22 » by TDotRep » Wed May 18, 2011 10:59 pm

ohh loawrd first video has shades of kobe.
dream_catcher_9
Veteran
And1: 1

Post#23 » by dream_catcher_9 » Wed May 18, 2011 11:17 pm

He is slight, but I have a feeling that he sometimes uses that to his advantage and makes a bump look worse than it is.

he probably gets more free throws than he deserves, but I think that will come back to earth in the next few years when he adds more strength.
theokie
Assistant Coach
And1: 617

Post#24 » by theokie » Wed May 18, 2011 11:26 pm

doctorfunk wrote:1st play was clean, 2nd was a clear flop - how is this even debatable, I know you like KD and all that, but cmon

He falls down after the whistle. He just lost his balance. Why would he flop after he heard the whislte blew and already got the call.
spearsy23 wrote: Kevin Durant could save a dozen orphans from a fire and realgm would point out that Lebron would have just put the fire out.
LApwnd
Banned User
And1: 1,146

Post#25 » by LApwnd » Wed May 18, 2011 11:34 pm

Chris Paul makes ALL floppers in the league look like amateurs
vw2xb
Freshman

Post#26 » by vw2xb » Thu May 19, 2011 2:08 am

theokie wrote:Durant isnt a flopper. Neither of those two vids are flops. Just because he falls down once doesnt make him a flopper.

You can hate on durants "rip move" all you want. The fact is hes not the only one that does it, he just happens to be the best at it. Hes taking advantage of the rules, nothing wrong with that. Its no different than a player pump faking getting the defense to jump, and the offensive player jumping into them initiating contact and getting the foul.

Both of those vids are bad calls. As i predicted in the game thread, people were gonna make thread bitching about Terrys foul on Durant. Blatantly ignoring the other 30 terrible calls that happened in game 1.

Durants at that elite level now where people are gonna hate on him no matter what. Congrats KD

I don't think elite players do cheap shots like the "rip move." Those "rip moves" are probably one of the cheapest BS foul calls...imo almost worse than flopping. KD's a bitch cuz of that move. Him doing that is no different than someone jumping into someone.
slick_watts
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,067

Post#27 » by slick_watts » Thu May 19, 2011 2:13 am

vw2xb wrote:Those "rip moves" are probably one of the cheapest BS foul calls...imo almost worse than flopping. KD's a bitch cuz of that move. Him doing that is no different than someone jumping into someone.

The rip move has been around a lot longer than Durant, and many players use it.
8 Mile Ilic
Banned User

Post#28 » by 8 Mile Ilic » Thu May 19, 2011 2:16 am

I don't really have a problem with the rip move if the defender's arm is there on the rip through it's a foul plain and simple, nothing cheap about it.
LOUiS-D
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,900

Post#29 » by LOUiS-D » Thu May 19, 2011 2:33 am

8 Mile Ilic wrote:I don't really have a problem with the rip move if the defender's arm is there on the rip through it's a foul plain and simple, nothing cheap about it.

You and I know the rip well. That's Lopez bread and butter. Hell, it's what I tell my post team mates to do.
commadoor 64
Starter
And1: 26

Post#30 » by commadoor 64 » Thu May 19, 2011 3:22 am

Lawyer Ball

The art of playing the rules instead of playing a game. For example, trying to work out a walk in slow-pitch softball. Swing the bat, you puss!

Also applicable to weenies who demand free throws after the slightest contact in a pick-up basketball game and d-bags who take yardage penalties in backyard football games.

rip move, flopping for calls = lawyer ball
fallacy
RealGM
And1: 607

Post#31 » by fallacy » Thu May 19, 2011 3:34 am

neither of those are flops but I can understand why opposing team's fans would dislike going against him
**** Ron Artest
**** Marco Belinelli
Stephen Jackson aint bout dis lyfe
Patrick Beverly deserves to have his knee ripped to pieces
So Gutta
Pro Prospect
And1: 57

Post#32 » by So Gutta » Thu May 19, 2011 3:57 am

It's simply atrocious, over-officiating. As long as refs aren't held accountable for this BS, it will continue.
"Put five thousand bucks on the Lakers." --Krusty The Clown
inquisitive
RealGM
And1: 2,844

Post#33 » by inquisitive » Thu May 19, 2011 4:04 am

Until the league changes the rules, there is on 'flopping' in the NBA. Just hope that the lockout and new CBA will discuss some rule changes.
KARD "You n Me " Mnet Countdown
www.youtube.com/watch?v=77b3zg3OhgI
CKRT
Analyst
And1: 409

Post#34 » by CKRT » Thu May 19, 2011 4:05 am

is this where we ignore that Dirk got more calls then him in game 1? or are we just ignoring that for our agenda?
lilojmayo wrote:Juice is not a chucker, like say James Harden
Earl Sweatshirt
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#35 » by Earl Sweatshirt » Thu May 19, 2011 4:11 am

CKRT wrote:is this where we ignore that Dirk got more calls then him in game 1? or are we just ignoring that for our agenda?

People don't like Durant know because he's becoming one the leagues elite.
Imadogg
Banned User
And1: 250

Post#36 » by Imadogg » Thu May 19, 2011 4:15 am

CKRT wrote:is this where we ignore that Dirk got more calls then him in game 1? or are we just ignoring that for our agenda?

I was gonna make a vid of Dirk getting fouled if it seemed shady, but I went through the game and they were pretty legit fouls for the most part.

Btw the Mavs got 36 FTs, while Durant and Westbrook combined for 37.
CKRT
Analyst
And1: 409

Post#37 » by CKRT » Thu May 19, 2011 4:40 am

Imadogg wrote:

I was gonna make a vid of Dirk getting fouled if it seemed shady, but I went through the game and they were pretty legit fouls for the most part.

Btw the Mavs got 36 FTs, while Durant and Westbrook combined for 37.

They were also driving to the basket more often then not. Dirk got calls on jump shots or with his back to the basket. In Dirk's defense most of his jump shot fouls were ones where he got our guys to bite on his pump fakes and all he had to do was jump into contact.

Im not one to complain about free throws since most calls even out anyway and I just cant bring myself to talk about fouls the entire game thread like most people. I try to be as objective as possible while still rooting for my team and I think the sudden Thunder hate in the post season comes from people finally watching a Thunder game and seeing how good Durant is at getting to the line.
lilojmayo wrote:Juice is not a chucker, like say James Harden
Imadogg
Banned User
And1: 250

Post#38 » by Imadogg » Thu May 19, 2011 4:58 am

Well you gotta admit the "fouls" in the video are HORRIBLE calls.

Lol, those are my videos. If you guys see any fouls this bad for anyone lemme know and I'll put them online too
astrallite
Starter
And1: 13

Post#39 » by astrallite » Thu May 19, 2011 5:07 am

People have been saying Durant is the king of superstar calls since last year. Welcome to the party.
theokie
Assistant Coach
And1: 617

Post#40 » by theokie » Thu May 19, 2011 5:20 am

Imadogg wrote:Well you gotta admit the "fouls" in the video are HORRIBLE calls.

Lol, those are my videos. If you guys see any fouls this bad for anyone lemme know and I'll put them online too

Can you go to game 5 in the Memphis/OKC series. Maynors "offensive foul" on OJ Mayo. 3rd quarter I'm pretty sure.
spearsy23 wrote: Kevin Durant could save a dozen orphans from a fire and realgm would point out that Lebron would have just put the fire out.

Return to The General Board