Poll: Question for LAL Fans, Do You Include Gasol If..

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Laker Fans, Do You Do This Deal?

Yes
55%
No
45%

Total votes: 38

NickAnderson
General Manager
And1: 2,922

Re: POLL: IF It Was Down to These 3 Teams For Dwight 

Post#21 » by NickAnderson » Tue Dec 6, 2011 5:01 am

God all those picks are garbage.
Trader_Joe
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,948

Post#22 » by Trader_Joe » Tue Dec 6, 2011 5:07 am

NickAnderson wrote:God all those picks are garbage.

Any team that trades for Dwight will only get garbage picks back from that team (their own picks) so this argument is not new or insightful or even that meaningful. There are plenty of good teams in the league, and any team that pillages for Dwight will probably have a rough patch and chemistry/depth issues for a year or two.

But some teams have the picks of other teams.. like NJ and Chicago.
Other than the Minny #1 that the LAC own, all of them are protected.

So.. there's no point bitching about picks in other words.
Either make him accept a trade to LA so you get the Minny #1 or come up with a different complaint. The Houston and Charlotte picks are 2 of the better ones out there.
Mikhail Prokhorov wrote:My posse usually needs another vacation after a vacation with me.
Betta Bulleavit
Head Coach
And1: 2,622

Post#23 » by Betta Bulleavit » Tue Dec 6, 2011 5:13 am

Some people are making this harder than it really has to be. Given the deals mentioned above, I would have to say it's Chicago. Personal bias aside, I just think that a deal with Chicago is the one deal (besides OKC) that could potentially work out better for all parties involved.

The Magic could adequately fill two starting spots (Noah, Deng). They would get a great young defensive center (Asik) off the bench who is really just coming into his own. ORL could eventually start Asik at C and move Noah to PF. Add in the Cha pick and the ability to take Turk's contract off of their hands in the process....
DEEP3CL
RealGM
And1: 3,207

Post#24 » by DEEP3CL » Tue Dec 6, 2011 5:14 am

Why in hell would the Lakers take on Duhon ? Dude only averaged 2.5ppg.....that's worst than Fish.
VETERAN LAKERS FAN

SmartWentCrazy wrote:It's extremely unlikely that they end up in the top 3.They're probably better off trying to win and giving Philly the 8th pick than tanking and giving them the 4th.
Trader_Joe
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#25 » by Trader_Joe » Tue Dec 6, 2011 5:20 am

Betta Bulleavit wrote:Some people are making this harder than it really has to be. Given the deals mentioned above, I would have to say it's Chicago. Personal bias aside, I just think that a deal with Chicago is the one deal (besides OKC) that could potentially work out better for all parties involved.

The Magic could adequately fill two starting spots (Noah, Deng). They would get a great young defensive center (Asik) off the bench who is really just coming into his own. ORL could eventually start Asik at C and move Noah to PF. Add in the Cha pick and the ability to take Turk's contract off of their hands in the process....

I kind of agree.

I know that LAC and OKC (among others) could make better offers, but they probably won't/can't.

If that's the case, NJ is out and LA is looking like they have to raise their offer to beat out Chicago.
Mikhail Prokhorov wrote:My posse usually needs another vacation after a vacation with me.
Trader_Joe
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#26 » by Trader_Joe » Tue Dec 6, 2011 5:21 am

DEEP3CL wrote:Why in hell would the Lakers take on Duhon ? Dude only averaged 2.5ppg.....that's worst than Fish.

To make their offer more appealing than the Bulls.
Obviously.
arkknight1988
Assistant Coach
And1: 172

Post#27 » by arkknight1988 » Tue Dec 6, 2011 5:21 am

Lakers better hurry and trade bynum for dwight before he gets hurt on the season opener.
Trader_Joe
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#28 » by Trader_Joe » Tue Dec 6, 2011 5:22 am

arkknight1988 wrote:Lakers better hurry and trade bynum for dwight before he gets hurt on the season opener.

He can't get hurt. He's suspended. :D
ShabazzMuhammad
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#29 » by ShabazzMuhammad » Tue Dec 6, 2011 5:23 am

arkknight1988 wrote:Lakers better hurry and trade bynum for dwight before he gets hurt on the season opener.

Bynum will sit out the first 5 games due to suspension, this trade is fool-proof, with no potential for a Bynum related injury that could sour the deal.

nice try though.
arkknight1988
Assistant Coach
And1: 172

Post#30 » by arkknight1988 » Tue Dec 6, 2011 5:24 am

ShabazzMuhammad wrote:

Bynum will sit out the first 5 games due to suspension, this trade is fool-proof, with no potential for a Bynum related injury that could sour the deal.

nice try though.

ahhh yes for the cheap shot on barrea? that worked out perfectly for la
JackFinn
RealGM
And1: 1,605

Post#31 » by JackFinn » Tue Dec 6, 2011 5:32 am

tiderulz wrote:lotto protected picks in next years draft dont seem like such a big asset

It rolls over to the following year. And each proceeding year, the pick loses protection. And since Charlotte sucks, that pick could end up being extremely valuable.
Betta Bulleavit
Head Coach
And1: 2,622

Post#32 » by Betta Bulleavit » Tue Dec 6, 2011 5:35 am

Trader_Joe wrote:
Betta Bulleavit wrote:Some people are making this harder than it really has to be. Given the deals mentioned above, I would have to say it's Chicago. Personal bias aside, I just think that a deal with Chicago is the one deal (besides OKC) that could potentially work out better for all parties involved.

I kind of agree.

I know that LAC and OKC (among others) could make better offers, but they probably won't/can't.

If that's the case, NJ is out and LA is looking like they have to raise their offer to beat out Chicago.

Another thing to consider if you are Orlando is that Deng's deal is somewhat exagerated in terms of it's bad value. You basically have 2 years of his contract to deal with during which time he is likely to be very productive as long as he is healthy. The third year his contract becomes a trade asset as it will be expiring.

They will be able to amnesty Arenas. If they lose Turk's contract...Dwight wont be there. They wont be very good. But they wont be in cap hell either. And they will get their shots to rebuild.
Clangus
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#33 » by Clangus » Tue Dec 6, 2011 5:37 am

i voted too soon. I thought the question was going to be which team would I prefer to see Dwight go to. I chose Jersey. I actually think CHI offer is stronger though.
Mamba Venom
RealGM
And1: 580

Post#34 » by Mamba Venom » Tue Dec 6, 2011 5:52 am

smith2373 wrote:I'd go with Lakers. Even though it would never happen.

Will happen. Lakers will pull out the stops. Bynum + Gasol for Howard + Arenas.
Lakers are 22-3 in OT last 6 seasons:Kobe best OT closer!
Al Swearengen
Starter
And1: 729

Post#35 » by Al Swearengen » Tue Dec 6, 2011 6:24 am

Gonna be a homer and say the Bulls have the best of these 3. Especially when you consider Noah would probably help keep some fans in the seats from his days at Florida. Luol is slightly overpaid, but is one of the best two-way players in the league. Throw in Taj or Asik, and your frontcourt is set.

If Odom was 3-4 years younger, I'd probably go with the Lakers offer. But he's definitely on the down-slope of his career at this point.
te887848
Starter
And1: 644

Post#36 » by te887848 » Tue Dec 6, 2011 6:29 am

Easily the Bulls offer and it has nothing to do with their players. None of the players offered by any of these 3 teams have much value to Orlando, but the Bulls' rights to the Charlotte's pick does. I bet most people don't even know what the Charlotte pick means.

It is top 14 protected for 2012, top 12 protected in 2013, top 10 protected in 2014, top 8 protected in 2015, and completely unprotected in 2016.

Barring some miracle breakout years from current scrubs on the Bobcats (their best talent is Tyrus Thomas :lol:), that pick is going all the way until 2016 when it will be unprotected and the Bobcats will be one of the worst teams in the league.

You can basically pencil it in as what LAC's current unprotected 2012 Minnesota pick is, only this will be in 2016.
te887848
Starter
And1: 644

Post#37 » by te887848 » Tue Dec 6, 2011 6:34 am

And what good are the Lakers 2012 and 2014 picks when they'll both be like 30th picks?
Raps in 4
RealGM
And1: 54,481

Post#38 » by Raps in 4 » Tue Dec 6, 2011 6:40 am

Chicago easily. Noah alone has more value than any of the other players you listed.
Effigy
RealGM
And1: 11,942

Post#39 » by Effigy » Tue Dec 6, 2011 6:47 am

I love how all the Laker fans have already decided that the offer will be Odom and Bynum for Dwight. Orlando isn't touching that package guys. They don't want Odom. Gasol has value, they could spin him off and get young assets. If that is the best the Lakers can offer, they should give up on Dwight Howard. Odom and bynum could get you Chris Paul
DEEP3CL
RealGM
And1: 3,207

Post#40 » by DEEP3CL » Tue Dec 6, 2011 6:56 am

Effigy wrote:I love how all the Laker fans have already decided that the offer will be Odom and Bynum for Dwight. Orlando isn't touching that package guys. They don't want Odom. Gasol has value, they could spin him off and get young assets. If that is the best the Lakers can offer, they should give up on Dwight Howard. Odom and bynum could get you Chris Paul
All Laker fans have decided nothing. Laker fans aren't begging for Howard, myself personally can care less where he ends up.
VETERAN LAKERS FAN

SmartWentCrazy wrote:It's extremely unlikely that they end up in the top 3.They're probably better off trying to win and giving Philly the 8th pick than tanking and giving them the 4th.

Return to The General Board