Poll: Question for LAL Fans, Do You Include Gasol If..

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Laker Fans, Do You Do This Deal?

Yes
55%
No
45%

Total votes: 38

Shaheen
Banned User
And1: 0

Re: RE-VOTE: IF It Was Down to These 2 Teams For Dwight 

Post#61 » by Shaheen » Tue Dec 6, 2011 5:13 pm

The problem with Chicago is that neither the Bulls nor Dwight have expressed any interest in making that trade. Leading me to believe that Dwight does not wanna go there and Chicago does not wanna bring him in. Personally, I value Chicago's depth over adding another superstar.

I think the Nets offer has more value that the Lakers only because of the ability to take back contracts. Also, the Nets would be willing to do it without an extension. He would really have no alternatives this summer.
ropjhk
RealGM
And1: 10,542

Post#62 » by ropjhk » Tue Dec 6, 2011 5:21 pm

JordansBulls wrote:If you are Orlando you don't send him to the Lakers no matter the package. You don't want a habit drafting an alltime great center just to have them eventually go to the Lakers. This would be the 2nd time it happened.

I don't buy that argument. Unless there's a large grassroots campaign from the fanbase demanding anywhere but LA then the Magic will choose whatever offer they think is the best for their franchise, even if it comes from the Lakers.
Trader_Joe
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,948

Post#63 » by Trader_Joe » Tue Dec 6, 2011 5:24 pm

ropjhk wrote:
JordansBulls wrote:If you are Orlando you don't send him to the Lakers no matter the package. You don't want a habit drafting an alltime great center just to have them eventually go to the Lakers. This would be the 2nd time it happened.

I don't buy that argument. Unless there's a large grassroots campaign from the fanbase demanding anywhere but LA then the Magic will choose whatever offer they think is the best for their franchise, even if it comes from the Lakers.

If the offers are close enough, then the Lakers are at a disadvantage for this very reason. Losing Shaq, then Dwight, and maybe Bynum in 18 months when he is an urestricted FA is not a good pattern.
Mikhail Prokhorov wrote:My posse usually needs another vacation after a vacation with me.
DaeDae
Analyst
And1: 661

Post#64 » by DaeDae » Tue Dec 6, 2011 5:47 pm

New Jersey. Bynum is injured too much, and Odom is trending downward.
Red Larrivee wrote:The Bulls have too many untouchables for a team without a second option.
Trader_Joe
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#65 » by Trader_Joe » Tue Dec 6, 2011 6:17 pm

Close poll.

Is LA willing to go any higher (include Gasol instead of Odom) to sway this more in their favor?
Mikhail Prokhorov wrote:My posse usually needs another vacation after a vacation with me.
DanTown8587
RealGM
And1: 9,332

Re: POLL: IF It Was Down to These 3 Teams For Dwight 

Post#66 » by DanTown8587 » Tue Dec 6, 2011 6:19 pm

Trader_Joe wrote:
DanTown8587 wrote:
It's about money. I don't think it's about "what Dwight wants". The question with Paul and Howard is: will they sacrifice millions of dollars? Because they stand to lose that if they try and leave via free agency.

It's about both. That's why Orlando met with him.

Meanwhile there will be many teams with cap space next year like NYK (13.5 max), LAC (max most likely) along with others, so there is the threat of losing him for nothing if Orlando says you are bluffing and holds on to him.

There is a significantly different deal to sign as a FA in LA versus sign an extended deal else where. I don't see why, if he was in say Chicago or Boston, why he wouldn't re-up there and get his money.
Effigy
RealGM
And1: 11,942

Post#67 » by Effigy » Tue Dec 6, 2011 6:25 pm

Trader_Joe wrote:Close poll.

Is LA willing to go any higher (include Gasol instead of Odom) to sway this more in their favor?

The fans don't want to, but yeah, realistically to get Howard, it will take both Bynum and Gasol. Lakers wont' have any interest in Odom, but they could trade Gasol to a third team for value. I still personally dont' think they'd even do this trade though, becaues Bynum can walk in one year.
boogydown
Banned User
And1: 15

Post#68 » by boogydown » Tue Dec 6, 2011 7:40 pm

Dwight has the better future with the Bulls, I think that much is clear. His interest in the Bulls is still not fully public. I thought he liked Rose and Boozer though?
SEBAS-07
Sixth Man
And1: 12

Post#69 » by SEBAS-07 » Tue Dec 6, 2011 7:49 pm

f Howard only wants to be traded to the Lakers, I know LA does not have the capspace but I don`t want an unmotivated Howard playing.

Orlando Trades: Gilbert Arenas and Dwight Howard

Orlando Receives: Andrew Bynum, Brook Lopez, + Fillers

LA Trades: Bynum, Gasol, Metta World Peace + filers

Receives: Howard, Arenas, Johan Petro

Nets trade: Lopez, Farmar, Petro

Receive: Gasol, Metta World Peace

The fillers would be composed of picks and some young players going to Orlando but, the premise is getting Bynum and Lopez

Deron said he wants to win and play with Howard but, if Howards wants to play in LA. Deron would only resign if the Nets have a good team. The Nets have capspace and I know someone is going to post just sign Caron Butler and Nene and keep Lopez. Would the Nets trade Lopez? would the Nets need more?

The trade is just a draft.
Smart / Micic / D. Wright
Wiggins / Exum / J. Adams
Parker / K. Anderson / Mcdermott
Randle / Vonleh / Stokes
Embiid / Nurkic/ Tavares
Trader_Joe
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#70 » by Trader_Joe » Tue Dec 6, 2011 8:40 pm

SEBAS-07 wrote:f Howard only wants to be traded to the Lakers, I know LA does not have the capspace but I don`t want an unmotivated Howard playing.

Orlando Trades: Gilbert Arenas and Dwight Howard

Orlando Receives: Andrew Bynum, Brook Lopez, + Fillers

LA Trades: Bynum, Gasol, Metta World Peace + filers

Receives: Howard, Arenas, Johan Petro

Nets trade: Lopez, Farmar, Petro

Receive: Gasol, Metta World Peace

The fillers would be composed of picks and some young players going to Orlando but, the premise is getting Bynum and Lopez

Deron said he wants to win and play with Howard but, if Howards wants to play in LA. Deron would only resign if the Nets have a good team. The Nets have capspace and I know someone is going to post just sign Caron Butler and Nene and keep Lopez. Would the Nets trade Lopez? would the Nets need more?

The trade is just a draft.

And it should stay that way.
Trader_Joe
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Re: RE-RE-VOTE: IF It Was Down to NJ/LAL For Dwight 

Post#71 » by Trader_Joe » Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:48 am

UPDATED
kodo
RealGM
And1: 13,269

Post#72 » by kodo » Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:57 am

I think the Gasol + Bynum package is unquestionably better...but i'd be surprised if LA actually gives ORL both guys.

Does a team win a championship with a 32 year old Turkoglu as their 3rd best player?
richboy
RealGM
And1: 2,486

Post#73 » by richboy » Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:59 am

If I was Dwight I rather play in LA than Brooklyn. Although I would rather play with Deron Williams than Kobe.
"Talent is God-given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful." John Wooden
bl2k
Veteran
And1: 13

RE-RE-VOTE: IF It Was Down to NJ/LAL For Dwight 

Post#74 » by bl2k » Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:00 am

Foh@ giving them Gasol and drew
richboy wrote:

I could never say that about KG. Even though he is a great player. In some way even in his prime he is Joakim Noah with a jump shot and a little better post game. Outside of that they have the exact same skill set.
Heaven101
Junior

Post#75 » by Heaven101 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:01 am

With LA's reluctance to part with both Gasol and Bynum, Dwight's unwillingness to follow's Shaq's path, now adding the fact that CP3 is no longer an option for LA, I think NJ's chance is much higher barring any tampering issues.
BKurt
Banned User

Post#76 » by BKurt » Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:07 am

Only dellusional Orlando fans think they can actually land both Bynum and Pau for Dwight. I don't know why I keep seeing so many posts including both Bynum and Pau. The package offered was always centered around Bynum, and picks. Which Orlando has admitted they liked better than Brook Lopez and package. Orlando's lucky that they are even getting offered that much for him. They should be thanking their lucky stars that they are receiving these quality type of players. They could end up like the Cavs and panzy Dan Gilbert and be left with nothing.

BTW, A front court of Pau and D12 will be the best front court in history. Beast mode. Dwight's explosiveness and his consistent knack of getting low positioning will compliment paus style perfectly.
bostonfan34
Bench Warmer
And1: 12

Post#77 » by bostonfan34 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:08 am

BKurt wrote:Only dellusional Orlando fans think they can actually land both Bynum and Pau for Dwight. I don't know why I keep seeing so many posts including both Bynum and Pau. The package offered was always centered around Bynum, and picks. Which Orlando has admitted they liked better than Brook Lopez and package. Orlando's lucky that they are even getting offered that much for him. They should be thanking their lucky stars that they are receiving these quality type of players. They could end up like the Cavs and panzy Dan Gilbert and be left with nothing.

BTW, A front court of Pau and D12 will be the best front court in history. Beast mode. Dwight's explosiveness and his consistent knack of getting low positioning will compliment paus style perfectly.

Great first two posts... let me guess, Laker fan?
Heaven101
Junior

Post#78 » by Heaven101 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:13 am

BKurt wrote:Only dellusional Orlando fans think they can actually land both Bynum and Pau for Dwight. I don't know why I keep seeing so many posts including both Bynum and Pau. The package offered was always centered around Bynum, and picks. Which Orlando has admitted they liked better than Brook Lopez and package. Orlando's lucky that they are even getting offered that much for him. They should be thanking their lucky stars that they are receiving these quality type of players. They could end up like the Cavs and panzy Dan Gilbert and be left with nothing.

Best front court in league history is going a bit too far, the D.Robinson+Duncan front court easily trumps that.
ADoaN17
Lead Assistant
And1: 312

Post#79 » by ADoaN17 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:15 am

I thought one reason Howard wanted to go to NJ was because of Morrow.
clockwork247
Sophomore
And1: 9

Post#80 » by clockwork247 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:18 am

Heaven101 wrote:With LA's reluctance to part with both Gasol and Bynum, Dwight's unwillingness to follow's Shaq's path, now adding the fact that CP3 is no longer an option for LA, I think NJ's chance is much higher barring any tampering issues.

reluctant to go to better weather city, bigger market, more endorsement?

these guys can careless about something like "follow shaq's path", all they care is how much money they're getting THEN follow with how they etch their name in the sport's history.

Crazy fans are making up new excuse/rules everyday to suit their mood.

Laker is offering bynum + extra only, there's no pau gasol involve in this trade. Bynum + gasol and take back a horrible contract? lol, that combo can probably last about 2 more years, why bother selling your whole team out when your time is still there (as oppose to D12's time in Orlando).

Don't factor in anything D12 is saying he wants NJ or LA, that's it. whoever get the better package will get him. That is all. There's no other reason for Orlando's GM to take the lesser package, he's not going to pay for all the extra stuff that's gonna be missing out of his own pocket.

Return to The General Board