the magic have the lakers were they want them

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

bimmer100
Banned User
And1: 0

Re: the magic have the lakers were they want them 

Post#121 » by bimmer100 » Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:22 pm

Vincent 666 wrote:
bimmer100 wrote:
So why do people complain that the assests that the lakers are giving away are pure garbage if they according to you are the reason for the championships? You cant have it both ways...

Exactly.

Bynum is a perfect example.

Every Kobe/Laker hater brings up Bynum when talking about the stacked teams Kobe supposedly needs to win titles.

Funny how quickly Bynum went from being one of the players that made Kobes team so stacked to being inconsistent and injured on this board. :lol:

Well said, So basically people need to admit that either the laker assets are great or Kobe took a soft spaniard, injured garbage center, a emotionally soft 6th man, and washed up overpaid old role players to back to back titles..More credit to Kobe right or do people speak on stuff to favor their AGENDAS...
Grumpy Heat Fan
General Manager
And1: 8,360

Post#122 » by Grumpy Heat Fan » Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:23 pm

Vincent 666 wrote:
StrengthNHonor wrote:
ORlando would be depending on Bynum to actually contribute on the floor for 82 games a season.

He did it last year.

Bynums injuries have been caused by bad luck then some chronic problem.

Last year, Bynum started a total of 47 games. He played in 54 games. Ok?

He's an injury nightmare.
"As for me personally, I don't truly care how much I make these days, my main focus is on playing for a winner." - Dirk Nowitzki, July 2016
Nolimit1211
Assistant Coach
And1: 17

Post#123 » by Nolimit1211 » Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:23 pm

Brian Schmitz
@MagicInsider
Magic envision new post-Howard starting lineup of Chris Paul, Andrew Bynum, Jason Richardson, Jameer Nelson and Big Baby Davis.

8-)
Vince Carter vs. Brandon Roy: A healthy guy who likes to pretend he's injured against an injured guy pretending to be healthy. - John Hollinger
RoyalWun
Lead Assistant
And1: 471

Post#124 » by RoyalWun » Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:23 pm

Gasol is old. Bynum is always injured + in trouble.

So exactly why does Orlando want them over Lopez+cap space+picks?

I think they should do whatever to either land Dwight in NO or land Paul in Orlando.
Dammit...:

I've got Nurkic fever now.
clockwork247
Sophomore
And1: 9

Post#125 » by clockwork247 » Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:23 pm

misterrunon wrote:some people are oblivious, especially to what a PTE is.

this is the deal:

lakers can offer bynum, 8.9 million PTE, 2 first rounders, and 1 second rounder for dwight howard and hedo turkoglu's $10 million.

the magic would be getting bynum, 2 first rounders, second rounder, and even some filler, PLUS shed about 19 million off their payroll.. $19M, bynum, and and draft picks.

what the nets can offer: brooke lopez, 2 first rounders, filler. lopez only makes 3 million, so you couldn't even trade him straight up for dwight howard much less take hedo in return.

net is under the cap, they can do it without matching salaries.
Leto
RealGM
And1: 468

Post#126 » by Leto » Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:25 pm

eagles nut wrote:The Lakers are hardly screwed. ORL gets too greedy and you simply keep Gasol and Bynum and use your Odom TE, Vujacic TE and mini-MLE to add other pieces.

:lol:

Stern has shown owners the way to deal with the Lakers or any other strong armed player-driven trade demands. Veto.
Grumpy Heat Fan
General Manager
And1: 8,360

Post#127 » by Grumpy Heat Fan » Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:25 pm

RoyalWun wrote:Gasol is old. Bynum is always injured + in trouble.

I think they should do whatever to either land Dwight in NO or land Paul in Orlando.

Exactly.
"As for me personally, I don't truly care how much I make these days, my main focus is on playing for a winner." - Dirk Nowitzki, July 2016
Vincent 666
Lead Assistant
And1: 44

Post#128 » by Vincent 666 » Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:26 pm

bimmer100 wrote:
Well said, So basically people need to admit that either the laker assets are great or Kobe took a soft spaniard, injured garbage center, a emotionally soft 6th man, and washed up overpaid old role players to back to back titles..More credit to Kobe right or do people speak on stuff to favor their AGENDAS...

Bingo.

Of course that isnt going to be happening.

These same Lakers players that are inconsistent soft and injured now are going to go back to forming Kobes great stacked teams a few months from now.
Vincent 666
Lead Assistant
And1: 44

Post#129 » by Vincent 666 » Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:27 pm

StrengthNHonor wrote:

Exactly.

So then why have you stated in other threads about how Kobe needs stacked team to win?
Leto
RealGM
And1: 468

Post#130 » by Leto » Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:27 pm

bimmer100 wrote:
Vincent 666 wrote:
bimmer100 wrote:
So why do people complain that the assests that the lakers are giving away are pure garbage if they according to you are the reason for the championships? You cant have it both ways...

Exactly.

Every Kobe/Laker hater brings up Bynum when talking about the stacked teams Kobe supposedly needs to win titles.

Funny how quickly Bynum went from being one of the players that made Kobes team so stacked to being inconsistent and injured on this board. :lol:

everyone has an agenda--including the Lakers and their fans. The point is moot. What is relelvant is trade value and injury history is ALWAYS a consideration in determining trade value.
clockwork247
Sophomore
And1: 9

Post#131 » by clockwork247 » Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:29 pm

Frank Mulely wrote:
blocks wrote:
Frank Mulely wrote:
Yes this is my prediction, only Houston has to add more young assets or somehow a better pick than NYK / DAL picks have to be added. LAL want Howard (and vice versa), HOU want Gasol, ORL wants to rebuild.

I just have a feeling that the Lakers find a way to get Chris Paul with Gasol and the assets picked up by the Odom, thereby keeping Bynum, before they settle on the fact they gave up Bynum/Gasol/Odom for Howard/Scola...This is realgm so I'm prepared to be bashed for "overrating" a frontcourt that made 3 finals in the past four years. I mean, Kobe is washed up now pretty much, right?

Lakers do Odom Bynum Gasol for Howard Scola. They do it. Howard is that once every 12-15 year center - like Shaq. Gasol is great but getting older and soft, Odom is irrelevant and Bynum can't stay healthy. You're not thinking like a Laker.

Of course Lakesr would love nothing more than to team Howard with CP3 and Kobe, that would be insane, but I don't see how they can do it unless CP3 agrees to eat 30 million. If they can more power to em.

if Howard is like Shaq in a sense that he can't make FT, then yes...

do you know who Shaq is? that dude was a freak of nature. D12 is good, but he's no Shaq.
JustCame
Assistant Coach
And1: 505

Post#132 » by JustCame » Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:36 pm

It's so funny how so many Lakers fans have disappeared. :)
stephGRAHAMbury
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#133 » by stephGRAHAMbury » Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:59 pm

Orlando is clueless they think they have the pieces to win now and / or acquire Chris Paul post Dwight trade :rofl:
Trader_Joe
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,948

Post#134 » by Trader_Joe » Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:12 pm

bimmer100 wrote:
Vincent 666 wrote:
bimmer100 wrote:

Exactly.

Phil Jackson deserves the most credit actually. Meanwhile Odom has proven he is mentally weak off the court and I don't think gasol as a player has been questioned here... It's the fact he's over 30 making $20m.
Mikhail Prokhorov wrote:My posse usually needs another vacation after a vacation with me.
the_warden
Sixth Man
And1: 13

Post#135 » by the_warden » Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:51 pm

this is the deal:

lakers can offer bynum, 8.9 million PTE, 2 first rounders, and 1 second rounder for dwight howard and hedo turkoglu's $10 million.

They can offer it, and Orlando can even accept it, but the league won't take the trade because TPEs do not work like this.

From cbafaq.com, #75:

Here is something that is not allowed: A team has a $5 million player and a $1 million Traded Player exception from a previous trade, and wants to add the Traded Player exception to the 125% plus $100,000 margin from their $5 million player ($6,350,000), in order to trade for a player making $7,000,000. This cannot be done.

That is what you would be doing: adding Bynum to the exception to take back Howard + Hedo. You can't do that. The exception can only be used to take on a player who makes less than or equal to the value of the exception.
@RyanOutrich wrote:@chrisbosh seems just like yesterday u hatched ouuta ur shell and the ugliest dino of them all was born
crosko42
Starter
And1: 681

Post#136 » by crosko42 » Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:28 pm

the_warden wrote:

this is the deal:

They can offer it, and Orlando can even accept it, but the league won't take the trade because TPEs do not work like this.

From cbafaq.com, #75:

Here is something that is not allowed: A team has a $5 million player and a $1 million Traded Player exception from a previous trade, and wants to add the Traded Player exception to the 125% plus $100,000 margin from their $5 million player ($6,350,000), in order to trade for a player making $7,000,000. This cannot be done.

That is what you would be doing: adding Bynum to the exception to take back Howard + Hedo. You can't do that. The exception can only be used to take on a player who makes less than or equal to the value of the exception.

Finally someone who understands the cba.

Return to The General Board