New rule for TPE in CBA

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

DEEP3CL
RealGM
And1: 3,207

Re: New rule for TPE in CBA 

Post#21 » by DEEP3CL » Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:05 pm

dockingsched wrote:
DEEP3CL wrote:
Courtside wrote:That said, I think the OP is misunderstanding the TPE.

So the only way the Odom TPE can be used to absorb Hedo, for example, is if they make it a simultaneous, multi-team transaction between LA, Dallas and Orlando.
Which is exactly what will happen from the info I read through another source. The OP still had the gist of it right.

no he doesn't he's completely misunderstanding simultaneous vs. non simultaneous trades.
Well reading what I read I got a clear understanding on how this will go down, but I won't devolve the details here.
VETERAN LAKERS FAN

SmartWentCrazy wrote:It's extremely unlikely that they end up in the top 3.They're probably better off trying to win and giving Philly the 8th pick than tanking and giving them the 4th.
the_warden
Sixth Man
And1: 13

Post#22 » by the_warden » Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:06 pm

DEEP3CL wrote:Nice find man....irrefutable facts that guys here claimed couldn't happen, like they had all the answers without ever finding the facts. Nice work.

Fun to see someone say "irrefutable" then watch people refute it.
@RyanOutrich wrote:@chrisbosh seems just like yesterday u hatched ouuta ur shell and the ugliest dino of them all was born
eagles nut
Analyst
And1: 266

Post#23 » by eagles nut » Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:10 pm

[no he doesn't he's completely misunderstanding simultaneous vs. non simultaneous trades.[/quote]Well reading what I read I got a clear understanding on how this will go down, but I won't devolve the details here.[/quote]

Go ahead and devolve the details.
DEEP3CL
RealGM
And1: 3,207

Post#24 » by DEEP3CL » Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:24 pm

the_warden wrote:
DEEP3CL wrote:Nice find man....irrefutable facts that guys here claimed couldn't happen, like they had all the answers without ever finding the facts. Nice work.

Fun to see someone say "irrefutable" then watch people refute it.
Yeah whateva.....facepalm dude.
VETERAN LAKERS FAN

SmartWentCrazy wrote:It's extremely unlikely that they end up in the top 3.They're probably better off trying to win and giving Philly the 8th pick than tanking and giving them the 4th.
Courtside
RealGM
And1: 12,380

Post#25 » by Courtside » Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:27 pm

DEEP3CL wrote:
the_warden wrote:Fun to see someone say "irrefutable" then watch people refute it.

Yeah whateva.....facepalm dude.

He's right, you're wrong, and you're the one saying 'whateva'? LOL

How about you 'devolve' (sic) the way the trade might go down, then, to regain some cred?
SuperSant
Sixth Man
And1: 1,113

Post#26 » by SuperSant » Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:27 am

Okkay never mind then, i mis-interpreted the text. Guess it has to be a 3 team deal to get this thing done then
Props to TZ for the sig:
---Team Kobe---
Amish Mafioso
Banned User
And1: 1,004

Post#27 » by Amish Mafioso » Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:14 am

DEEP3CL wrote:Well reading what I read I got a clear understanding on how this will go down, but I won't devolve the details here.

I just finished extensive research on some double secret information that you're clearly full of ****, but I'm going to keep it to myself, as it's just too important to reveal here.
misterrunon
Senior
And1: 63

Post#28 » by misterrunon » Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:42 am

if the LO trade isn't yet official, there's still a chance it could be simultaneous... which means the lakers could absorb hedo's contract, right? i may be missing a detal, but a simultaneous trade could lead to:

lakers send LO + 2nd rounder to dallas for TPE (which can absorb 12.25M) + 1st rounder
lakers send bynum + TPE (up to $12.25M) + 2 first rounders to orlando
orlando sends dwight howard and hedo to the lakers
lakers amnesty hedo

in effect, the lakers would be allowing orlando to get andrew bynum, $34 in cap relief by getting rid of hedo (PLUS the 9 million (LO's $8.9M + $100,00) and 2 first rounders.
clockwork247
Sophomore
And1: 9

Post#29 » by clockwork247 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:57 am

misterrunon wrote:if the LO trade isn't yet official, there's still a chance it could be simultaneous... which means the lakers could absorb hedo's contract, right? i may be missing a detal, but a simultaneous trade could lead to:

lakers send LO + 2nd rounder to dallas for TPE (which can absorb 12.25M) + 1st rounder
lakers send bynum + TPE (up to $12.25M) + 2 first rounders to orlando
orlando sends dwight howard and hedo to the lakers
lakers amnesty hedo

in effect, the lakers would be allowing orlando to get andrew bynum, $34 in cap relief by getting rid of hedo (PLUS the 9 million (LO's $8.9M + $100,00) and 2 first rounders.

not sure if the number is correct, but from this thread, it seems like if it's a 3 team swing then the TPE can expand to 125%.... and from other sources, the odom deal is not done yet, so I think this is what they were thinking about too.
misterrunon
Senior
And1: 63

Post#30 » by misterrunon » Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:06 am

after doing some math, here is what orlando gains from the deal.

orlando gives up the following 2 years left in dwight's contract, which is $37,145,600.
orlando also throws away hedo's smelly contract, which is $34,200,000

in turn, they take in bynum's $31,630,669 over 2 years.
they also get fillers, like say 2 first rounders
they also get a TPE (im not sure how this works, do they get a TPE worth hedo's contract at the time of trade or LO's?) of either $8.9 million or $10.6 million.

that means they save AT LEAST $37 million (depends on whether they would have been over the cap), get andrew bynum, a TPE worth $8.9 million or $10.6M, and receive fillers (like 2 first rounders).

they would pretty much have a clean slate to start rebuilding with andrew bynum as their centerpiece. after gilbert's amnesty, that would put them at $42,219,582.00, which is well below the cap.

i may be a bias laker fan, but i do think this is a viable deal for the magic (well, decent in that dwight is demanding a trade, so he MUST be traded after all).
bimmer100
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#31 » by bimmer100 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:37 pm

The odom deal is not complete yet so this is what Mitch must be thinking. Both the lakers and mavs gain from Howard being traded to the lakers. Cuban wants Deron to sign with the nets during the summer and the only way that happens is if Howard does not get traded to the nets, since that will ensure that both players will sign extensions...
Triple M
General Manager
And1: 2,811

Post#32 » by Triple M » Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:33 pm

Orlando could hold onto Howard for awhile so I don't see them trading him yet.

Return to The General Board