Woj: Stern puts 2 NBA officials in charge as Hornets GM

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

nykballa2k4
RealGM
And1: 5,834

Re: Woj: Stern puts 2 NBA officials in charge as Hornets GM 

Post#181 » by nykballa2k4 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:04 pm

I am still a proponent of a Paul for Rondo and Jeff Green trade. get a few 1st round picks out of it (C's can offer this seasons, 2014 protected and Clippers). Deal has no real downside for either club. Hornets actually get a chance to compete if they make an offer to someone like Nene.
Numbers don't lie, people who use them do
What do you think about @kporzee? Karl-Anthony Towns: PorzinGOD does not care or need my opinion for he is a higher life form then all of us.
droponov
Lead Assistant
And1: 9

Post#182 » by droponov » Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:23 pm

smokeylarue wrote:Let me see, he got Lamar Odom, KMartin, Luis Scola, THREE borderline All-Star players and for sure starters, all of which are good players and can be easily moved for younger talent and/or draft picks. And throw in some late picks and Dragic. That was a good trade and pretty much other league executives were impressed. Only at RealGM is that called the worst trade ever.

Can be moved for younger talent and draft picks?

Sure, Odom was moved for a late first round pick in a weak draft in a salary dump.

Martin was just traded for Carl Landry, a solid 6th man.

Scola would net something like that, a young bench player, a late pick.

You can buy late 1st rounders with $3 million - the price will probably be quite lower in the future, with the new CBA. Why the heck you take in $50 million AND trade Chris Paul to get a handful of late first and similar prospects?
dropbowsonem_25
Senior
And1: 0

Post#183 » by dropbowsonem_25 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:50 pm

Odom was not dumped for a pick. The mavs gave up a 9m dollar trade exception. The hornets can in no way be conpetitive with the clippers offer. They would not fill up that arena at all. At least with the lakers houston offer they receieved they could compete for a playoff spot. And correct me if I'm wrong.. How do you figure they would take on 50mil in salaries? Scola makes like 12 Martin around 12 odom 8 and ragic makes less than 2. Unless your looking at their total contracts, which would be wrong BC NO could flip those players before next season.. I don't understand the concept of if a team can't win a championship, they shouldn't aspire to be a playoff team.
chubby_1_kenobi wrote

"Like I said, Kobe has done a number to your soul...it is tainted black with hatred"
DBoys
Starter
And1: 220

Post#184 » by DBoys » Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:07 pm

dropbowsonem_25 wrote:Odom was not dumped for a pick. The mavs gave up a 9m dollar trade exception.

Trade Exception = what a team gets as a way to excite naive fans when they dump salary. And then it goes unused, because that would stick them with the salary they just got rid of.

But slice it up any way you like, put a cherry on top, and Odom still went for absolutely nothing. He was free to whoever would take him, and the Lakers had to go to their last choice before they could get rid of him. There was no one interested besides Dallas.
QBF
Junior
And1: 53

Post#185 » by QBF » Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:02 pm

LoveDaBoo wrote:
MGB8 wrote:Report away - you ducked arguments "why should I?". You repeated conclusory arguments "a claim based on nothing," etc. You didnt really respond to the FACT that an appeal to an authority IS a fallacy.

Sure, an appeal to authority is a fallacy. No doubt. It's a simple matter of expedience; if we were arguing weather, though, I'd appeal to meteorologists. Technically, if I couldn't support my case, you'd argue I have not point, but the fact that all weathermen disagreed with you would still make you look ridiculous. Whatever, you're not up to the challenge. That's fine.

Your entire post was not engagement or discussion, but quite literally consisted of "I know you are but what am I," "I am right, you are wrong", "I don't have to respond to your points!" and "I am going to tell on you!!".

That, of course, is blatantly false. Which is why you didn't quote me.

That meets the definition of trolling. Oh, and that Clipps deal seems more and more likely now, doesnt it.

Reported.

You are obviously very earnest in your opinion, but your method of argument leaves a lot to be desired. MGB8 has been on this board for a long time. Perhaps thinking about what he's saying rather than blasting away would be a good idea.
LApwnd
Banned User
And1: 1,146

Post#186 » by LApwnd » Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:07 pm

DBoys wrote:But slice it up any way you like, put a cherry on top, and Odom still went for absolutely nothing. He was free to whoever would take him, and the Lakers had to go to their last choice before they could get rid of him. There was no one interested besides Dallas.

I dont think so.......plenty of team would've wanted Odom but LA didn't want to take back long term salary of a lesser player that would be counter-productive. Dall did this not only for Odom servies but he still fits into their 2012 plan since his contract for next season is a team option and if Odom felt slighted by LA he's gona look even dumber if Dall doesn't pick up his option at the end of the season when they'll be trying to clear up as much space as possible for 2 max guys.

Return to The General Board