Berger: Billups Claim Could Pave Way For Paul

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

CablexDeadpool
Head Coach
And1: 1,686

Re: Berger: Billups Claim Could Pave Way For Paul 

Post#21 » by CablexDeadpool » Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:19 am

BodieB wrote:No way the Clippers will include Gordon with all those pieces. Are they that dumb?

Sterling may be a penny pinching racist...but he isn't an idiot.
ken6199 wrote:A Rocket's loss really brought out the best of people. It makes me realize this forum is filled with jobless scumbags with their only intention to come hate the team they hate and realize their anger from their life/job/wife/kids or whatever.

:lol:
JackFinn
RealGM
And1: 1,605

Post#22 » by JackFinn » Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:19 am

nvm
inkyonroad
Senior
And1: 0

Post#23 » by inkyonroad » Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:20 am

I don't think Mr. Stern will let the deal happen without that pick and Gordon, but it seems that Clippers is playing it well enough to not let it happen. I just don't see it happen without both in the deal. Maybe it is his way to just veto all way until the team is sold to someone to avoid the public relation mess he created rather than tell everybody that CP3 is untouchable. I'm Lakers hardcore fan and I'm extremely pissed off about the first veto, but it dragged on long enough that I just want to see CP3 traded for his sake. He suffered enough, really.
CablexDeadpool
Head Coach

Post#24 » by CablexDeadpool » Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:20 am

mrlancers wrote:
MaceCase wrote:The deal get's better because Bledsoe is now expendable. Gordon being included has been refuted a dozen times so it was Kaman, Aminu and the Wolves' pick, now with Billups in tow it should be Kaman, Aminu, Bledsoe and the Wolves' pick.

The article makes me think that Gordon was in the deal all along, but Bledsoe was the piece that wasn't. And by claiming Billups, they could now move the final piece of the puzzle.

But then the article makes it sound like the NBA came crawling back to LA to re-negotiate. So now I'm confused on why the Clippers would be giving up MORE in that scenario. Unless the original deal didn't include Gordon AND Bledsoe and it was just the 1st rounder, Aminu and Kaman.

I believe the Clippers backed out because Hornets wanted both 1st rounder and Eric Gordon, Clippers said no.
ken6199 wrote:A Rocket's loss really brought out the best of people. It makes me realize this forum is filled with jobless scumbags with their only intention to come hate the team they hate and realize their anger from their life/job/wife/kids or whatever.

MaceCase
General Manager
And1: 2,483

Post#25 » by MaceCase » Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:23 am

CablexDeadpool wrote:
MaceCase wrote:The deal get's better because Bledsoe is now expendable. Gordon being included has been refuted a dozen times so it was Kaman, Aminu and the Wolves' pick, now with Billups in tow it should be Kaman, Aminu, Bledsoe and the Wolves' pick.

I believe this is the deal

if Eric Gordon is included... :lol:

And I'm telling you that Gordon's inclusion has been refuted. Even the wiretap mentions Gordon OR the Wolves' pick, not both. The Clippers already seem content especially now with Billups so there is zero reason for them to go above an offer of Kaman, Aminu, Bledsoe, then add Gordon and the Wolves pick.....

It's clear that it's a buyers market now for Paul so there's zero reason for the Clippers to bid against themselves especially when they were the ones that called off negotiations in the first place.

Edit: It seems I read your post wrong, you're actually supporting my statement.... but yea Kaman, Aminu, Wolves pick and now Bledsoe. Has to be the final offer by the Clippers or they walk again.
*WLONC*
We Like Our New Core
robinsoncano
Banned User

Post#26 » by robinsoncano » Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:24 am

aurareturn1 wrote:Rebuild with Aminu, Bledsoe, Minni's pick which might end up at #15? Kaman's expiring? Even if they have plenty of capspace, they can't sign anyone to play for them.

we don't know if Gordon is in the deal or not for sure. He COULD be.

Aminu, Bledsoe and Minny pick (probably end up around #4 or #5...not #15) is a lot better than the Lakers/Rocket garbage. What does NO gain from hovering 35 wins for tons of years with Odom/Scola?
mrlancers
Sixth Man
And1: 1,160

Post#27 » by mrlancers » Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:28 am

With or without Gordon, it's still a great deal for the Hornets no matter what.

Young prospects? Check.

Cap flexibility? Check.

Potential lottery pick in deep draft? Check.

If I have to trade a superstar player, I'm blowing up the damn team and try to get some pieces to start rebuilding immediately. This is a positive step.
CablexDeadpool
Head Coach

Post#28 » by CablexDeadpool » Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:28 am

MaceCase wrote:
CablexDeadpool wrote:

I believe this is the deal

if Eric Gordon is included... :lol:

And I'm telling you that Gordon's inclusion has been refuted. Even the wiretap mentions Gordon OR the Wolves' pick, not both. The Clippers already seem content especially now with Billups so there is zero reason for them to go above an offer of Kaman, Aminu, Bledsoe, then add Gordon and the Wolves pick.....

It's clear that it's a buyers market now for Paul so there's zero reason for the Clippers to bid against themselves especially when they were the ones that called off negotiations in the first place.

Edit: It seems I read your post wrong, you're actually supporting my statement.... but yea Kaman, Aminu, Wolves pick and now Bledsoe. Has to be the final offer by the Clippers or they walk again.

Yeah, Clippers gonna be sick team this year with Gordon and Paul.

daniel3
Lead Assistant
And1: 481

Post#29 » by daniel3 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:30 am

kombayn wrote:My final offer would be Bledsoe, Aminu, Kaman & 2012 MIN 1st Round Pick for CP3. You're not getting anything else out of me, there is no reason to include Eric Gordon, it'll just hurt our team.

So two backups at best, a guy you want to get rid of anyway and the minnesota pick for CP3? That's way better than the Lakers deal, sigh.
CablexDeadpool
Head Coach

Post#30 » by CablexDeadpool » Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:36 am

daniel3 wrote:
kombayn wrote:My final offer would be Bledsoe, Aminu, Kaman & 2012 MIN 1st Round Pick for CP3. You're not getting anything else out of me, there is no reason to include Eric Gordon, it'll just hurt our team.

So two backups at best, a guy you want to get rid of anyway and the minnesota pick for CP3? That's way better than the Lakers deal, sigh.

Lakers deal was way better...If eric gordon wasn't included Stern screwed himself.

Aminu is nothing but a role player. Eric Bledsoe is will probably be just an above average point guard, not an all star or anything.

and that pick could potentially be all the way to the 20th pick.

Stern just trying to sell the team, he doesn't care if it's good.

daniel3
Lead Assistant
And1: 481

Post#31 » by daniel3 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:48 am

G-Jack, Bledsoe
G-Gordon
F-Ariza, Aminu
F-Kaman
C-Okafor

They're probably gonna have to do like some 20 for 1 deals on tickets.
Mattsanity
Pro Prospect
And1: 23

Post#32 » by Mattsanity » Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:52 am

Billups won't be a Clipper by the end of the season.
Effigy
RealGM
And1: 11,942

Post#33 » by Effigy » Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:52 am

I would think Mo might get shopped hard. I mean they'd have a 3 PG rotation of Paul, Billups and Mo. Billups can't be traded, so that leaves Mo. There's only so many SG minutes behing Gordon (though he does get hurt a lot)

Too bad the Clips can't send Mo instead of Kaman...
carrottop12
RealGM
And1: 30

Post#34 » by carrottop12 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:54 am

Mattsanity wrote:Billups won't be a Clipper by the end of the season.

Since he can't be traded, are they going to waive him or do you think he retires, those would be the only two possibilities.

Which do you think is more realistic?
Effigy
RealGM
And1: 11,942

Post#35 » by Effigy » Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:54 am

He will. He can't be traded for a year. LA would be idiots to cut CHauncy when they're only paying him a pro rated $2 million. Not going to find a better bargain than that in the whole L at any position. (ok, maybe some 2nd rounder who blows up...)
Mattsanity
Pro Prospect
And1: 23

Post#36 » by Mattsanity » Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:59 am

Bat wrote:

Since he can't be traded, are they going to waive him or do you think he retires, those would be the only two possibilities.

Which do you think is more realistic?

he'll be inactive for the remainder of the season but I guess he'll still be a clipper. why would he finish the season on team that picked him up like a tool in slavery. he's going to tank the season, book it.
GodDamnRobin
Banned User

Post#37 » by GodDamnRobin » Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:03 am

Eat it Billups.

Seriously though, he can play some 2-guard and be the 6th man. If he's good, he'll be traded later, maybe to Orlando as part of a Dwight package.
biscuitsNgrady
Junior
And1: 10

Post#38 » by biscuitsNgrady » Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:07 am

GodDamnRobin wrote:Eat it Billups.

Seriously though, he can play some 2-guard and be the 6th man. If he's good, he'll be traded later, maybe to Orlando as part of a Dwight package.

cant be traded
RutgersBJJ
General Manager
And1: 125

Post#39 » by RutgersBJJ » Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:20 am

Why does everyone thinks there's even a small chance the T'Wolves pick won't be top 5? Only chance that is happening is if 2 teams move up in the lottery because the T'Wolves are finishing with the 4th worst record after the Hornets, Toronto, and Charlotte. Chances for 2 top 5 picks in a stacked draft is a much better acquisition for the Hornets than having the 10th pick and have to pay a bunch of role players 8+ million each. And don't tell me how bad it is for the New Orleans fans because that team is moving in 2 years anyway. 85% attendance with a superstar on your team? Goodbye team.

Aminu does suck though, he's an Al Thorton clone, Clippers suck at drafting SF's in recent times.
RIP Jared Jeffries. Gone but never forgotten...2006-2012
kombayn
Assistant Coach
And1: 746

Post#40 » by kombayn » Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:20 am

Billups probably wouldn't mind playing with Chris Paul and the Clippers. It could be a solid playoff match-up nightmare. The next Memphis Grizzlies.

Return to The General Board