Official: Hamilton signs with Bulls

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

boogydown
Banned User
And1: 15

Re: Official: Hamilton signs with Bulls 

Post#81 » by boogydown » Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:52 pm

SolidSnake008 wrote:Rip isn't a bad choice but Crawford to me is a better Fit for now and in the playoffs...

Crawford can't defend Wade, Joe Johnson, Ray Allen etc. Crawford is a guy you bring off the bench, not start games.
boogydown
Banned User

Post#82 » by boogydown » Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:55 pm

panthermark wrote:Between Rip and Deng...the Bulls offense will be in perpetual motion. To bad there isn't much time to gel.

Exactly.

Defenses won't play man to man on Rose anymore but rather zone with less adding pressure on Rose giving him enough room to become efficient.
SolidSnake008
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#83 » by SolidSnake008 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:58 pm

boogydown wrote:
SolidSnake008 wrote:Rip isn't a bad choice but Crawford to me is a better Fit for now and in the playoffs...

Crawford can't defend Wade, Joe Johnson, Ray Allen etc. Crawford is a guy you bring off the bench, not start games.

everybody always says this but what they don't realize is NOBODY can stop those guys on a regular basis they are stars for a reason....That is why i much rather have an offensive SG instead of a Defensive one why? because it's all about making the Wade's, Joe Johnson's and Allen's of the NBA work on the Defensive end....Let me ask you who would be the tougher cover for those guys? Rip or Crawford? Don't get me wrong Rip is a tough cover with all those screens he'll be running around but Crawford can not only do what Rip can do he can take the defender off the dribble 1 on 1 on a regular basis...can't say that about Rip at this point in his career
DaeDae
Analyst
And1: 661

Post#84 » by DaeDae » Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:59 pm

I'm really tired of the whole "Rose needs to play off the ball" thing. No....no he doesn't. Rose needs to play off the ball about as much as steve nash or chris paul need to play off the ball. Rose needs someone who can convert a 4 on 3 with regularity, since he invariably creates that situation as soon as he crosses half court. He got that with Rip. Rip is not a spot up shooter. HE CAN put the ball on the floor. And he WILL make teams pay for bringing a double team on Rose. '

The bulls now have players who are above average passers at 4 of the 5 positions on the court (Sorry Luol, but playmaking just isn't your thing). All of them can move the ball, and all of them can move without it. Unlike last year, when Bogans basically was stuck in the corner, Rip being added will create an IMMENSE amount of pressure on a Defense when they double Rose at the top.
Red Larrivee wrote:The Bulls have too many untouchables for a team without a second option.
DaeDae
Analyst
And1: 661

Post#85 » by DaeDae » Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:03 pm

SolidSnake008 wrote:
boogydown wrote:

everybody always says this but what they don't realize is NOBODY can stop those guys on a regular basis they are stars for a reason....That is why i much rather have an offensive SG instead of a Defensive one why? because it's all about making the Wade's, Joe Johnson's and Allen's of the NBA work on the Defensive end....Let me ask you who would be the tougher cover for those guys? Rip or Crawford?

Is this a trick question? It's Rip by a mile.

Don't get me wrong Rip is a tough cover with all those screens he'll be running around but Crawford can not only do what Rip can do he can take the defender off the dribble 1 on 1 on a regular basis...can't say that about Rip at this point in his career

Crawford DOES NOT AND NEVER HAS been a guy who consistently runs around screens. And taking your man off the dribble is overrated if you have to dribble the ball 13 times in iso (Crawford overdribbles ALOT), making it EASIER for the opposing team to GUARD EVERYONE ELSE, as everyone just stands around and watches you, just to get a shot (which in crawford's case is more often than not, a long two or contested 3).

I'll pass.
Red Larrivee wrote:The Bulls have too many untouchables for a team without a second option.
CapeCrusader
General Manager
And1: 92

Official: Hamilton signs with Bulls 

Post#86 » by CapeCrusader » Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:05 pm

Very good move. Rip would of been very key to have in last years post season.
B*TCH ! You Weren't With Me Shooting At The Gym!
6_Rings
RealGM
And1: 2,891

Post#87 » by 6_Rings » Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:08 pm

his motion offense on the Bulls games gives me goosebumps.
El Turco wrote:Nothing wrong with men shaking their ass while other men in tights jump on top of each other.
Cliff Levingston
RealGM
And1: 1,094

Post#88 » by Cliff Levingston » Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:36 pm

SolidSnake008 wrote:If i had my way it would have to be Crawford because to me he just fits a lot better than Rip or J-Rich could....Those guys are primarily catch and shoot players while Crawford is a lot more dynamic...What i felt the Bulls needed was another competent ball handler to take pressure off of Rose so he could play more off the ball...Crawford has PG skills and i could imagine him dribbling the ball up and Rose playing off the ball and Rose utilizing his speed without the ball in his hands to get open and it would lead to a lot more easy buckets and alley oops imo....Rip isn't a bad choice but Crawford to me is a better Fit for now and in the playoffs...

Rip is the better all-around player, without a doubt. He's taller/longer, more experienced, has played primarily on a winning team, plays much better defense, moves so much better off the ball and is a better shooter. Crawford is quicker, a little bit younger and can handle the ball better, allowing him to play some minutes at the 1.

Rip is almost ideally suited for the starting lineup alongside Rose. He won't bring the ball up, but when he gets the ball off a double team, he can do plenty of things with it. So can Crawford granted, but you don't get the off-ball movement and defense.

Crawford simply is more ideally suited for the 6th man role, which is why he excelled at it a couple years back for Atlanta. He's a little undersized for the 2 and a little too limited from a play making standpoint to play full-time 1. He's got some skills but he likes to free lance, so it makes more sense to let him do his thing carrying a second unit's offense and hope he's hitting on his shots. Had the Bulls got him instead of Rip, Cliff Levingston would imagine that Brewer would be the new starter at the 2 and Crawford fills that 6th man position. Either would be an upgrade in a different way. What would be ideal would be to acquire both; start Rip and use Crawford at the 2 off the bench, moving Brewer to the 3.
BIGGIEsmalls 23
Banned User
And1: 810

Post#89 » by BIGGIEsmalls 23 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:07 pm

CapeCrusader wrote:Very good move. Rip would of been very key to have in last years post season.

My thinking exactly. Especially the fourth quarters of games 2 through 5 of the ECF.
tidho
General Manager
And1: 3,070

Post#90 » by tidho » Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:16 pm

This is a big deal.
Good scorer, good defender, good fit.

One more benfit I'm not sure was mentioned. This is going to allow Chicago to generate half court offense with Rose standing still. I don't think they had that option last year. Rose will be better at everything else he did.
boogydown
Banned User

Post#91 » by boogydown » Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:19 pm

Tim_Hardawayy wrote:
WookieOnRitalin wrote:
Your move Pat Riley.

You don't get to do that after the Heat won in 5 games in the playoffs.

A few baskets here and there and the Bulls would have won the series.
Tim_Hardawayy
RealGM
And1: 8,093

Post#92 » by Tim_Hardawayy » Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:21 pm

boogydown wrote:A few baskets here and there and the Bulls would have won the series.

Granted, do you think the signing of Rip Hamilton warrants a "Your move, Pat Riley?" If you do, fair enough.
nitric0
RealGM
And1: 1,352

Post#93 » by nitric0 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:21 pm

boogydown wrote:
Tim_Hardawayy wrote:
WookieOnRitalin wrote:
Your move Pat Riley.

People keep forgetting how close that series was.
“We were right there with them. We dominated for most of the game, but then Derrick Rose happened.” - Al Horford
Durant Durant
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,094

Post#94 » by Durant Durant » Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:21 pm

boogydown wrote:

Crawford needs the ball all the time to create his offense, while Rip will not. Who fits well with Drose then?

Rip signing is GOLD.

and then there's Deng, Boozer and Noah and the 'bench-mob' ditto with Asik becoming one of the better defensive centers out there.

the signing = CP3 Clipz trade = awesomeness
jman23
Junior
And1: 37

Post#95 » by jman23 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:29 pm

I'm not too big on this signing, Vince Carter or Jamal Crawford would have been a perfect fit with Rose.
jc23
RealGM
And1: 10,805

Post#96 » by jc23 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:50 pm

Tim_Hardawayy wrote:
boogydown wrote:A few baskets here and there and the Bulls would have won the series.

Granted, do you think the signing of Rip Hamilton warrants a "Your move, Pat Riley?" If you do, fair enough.

I take it as a joke kinda like Dane Cooks "your move, holy man".

I dont agree Chicago was ready to make it to the finals last year. miami had the better team at the time and there is no question about that. The series was closer than 4-1 but miami deserved to advance to the finals.

All i want to see is a situation where there are no excuses i.e. health.
Be curious, Not judgmental
ChiCitySPORTS#1
RealGM
And1: 5,454

Post#97 » by ChiCitySPORTS#1 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:06 pm

Tim_Hardawayy wrote:

Lol who cares man, let it go.
umfan83
RealGM
And1: 3,265

Post#98 » by umfan83 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:07 pm

nitric0 wrote:
boogydown wrote:
Tim_Hardawayy wrote:

People keep forgetting how close that series was.

It was close, but by the end of the series it was evident that Miami was the better team. They exposed the lack of a 2nd primary scorer on Chicago and clamped down on Rose in the 4th quarter of games. By the end of the series the Heat had complete confidence that they could shut the Bulls down at the end of games.

It still should have gone at least 6 games though. Rose had a chance to nail a game winner at the buzzer of game 4, and the Bulls blew a 11 point lead in the final 3 minutes of game 5.
RealGM Bulls Board veteran of the following failed epic battles:
-Kobe (2008)
-Amare (2009)
-Bosh (2010 trade deadline and FA)
-LeBron (2010)
-Wade (2010)
-Melo (2014)
Todd3
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,086

Post#99 » by Todd3 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:09 pm

ThreeYearPlan wrote:Bulls had such good chemistry too. Shame they went after a team destroyer like Hamilton

:lol:

He was 1/5th of a team many consider to have had the greatest "team" chemistry of all-time.

Roster changes, Kuester, and Curry destroyed the Pistons chemistry, not Rip.
Todd3
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,086

Post#100 » by Todd3 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:15 pm

I'm looking forward to the Rip-Boozer connection.

Pistons were considering Boozer in FA 2 years ago, and I think they would've made a great duo.

Boozer played in Sloan's system and I always thought Rip was a perfect fit for that system.

They can run a 2 man game similar to what DET ran with Rip and Sheed too.

Return to The General Board