Yes or No: Should the Lakers consider Allen Iverson ?

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

Iplaytolose
Sixth Man
And1: 227

Re: Yes or No: Should the Lakers consider Allen Iverson ? 

Post#21 » by Iplaytolose » Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:31 pm

Mamba Venom wrote:
steelmanron wrote:....I want opinions. I know Ivy is older and didn't play in the league last year. But he still is one of the fastest players in the league with the ball, and can score offensively. And with Kobe up their in years and games played as well. I mean really, what could it hurt ? I mean when Kobe goes out for rest, what other back court offensive options do they have ? If it's a 1 Yr minimum deal, it won't affect their Cap.

Why not ?

Yes

He can start on the Lakers and no where else (because Fisher is that old)

If LO had to go, why didnt we trade him for a PG (Hinrich!!!!)

Yeah, Hinrich would be the perfect fit for the Lakers. A guy who can play good defense, and he can hit shots. Kobe wouldn't have to guard PGs as much as he used to do. Even if we could have gotten Hinrich, we are still 1-2 good bench players away from being in the Finals again.
Knicker23
General Manager
And1: 139

Post#22 » by Knicker23 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:31 pm

what a circus show they would be.
JustOneFix
Analyst
And1: 408

Post#23 » by JustOneFix » Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:35 pm

This whole AI's headache is complete nonsense. You just have to treat a guy with respect. Just like absolutely every star and big name in this league.

Did he have any troubles in Philly with Larry Brown, off course he did, but it was a healthy relationship, cause both guys wanted to win badly. Did he have any troubles with George Karl? Off course he didn't cause treated him like the player he is.

Troubles came when a certain idiot in Detroit decided that he should be a not only a backup to Rodney Stuckey, but a third string backup to Will frikking Bynum as well. Nonsense off course continued in Memphis when another fool thought that he should be a backup to some guy named Mike Conley, who at that point has done absolutely nothing in this league.

There's no star in this league that would accept this calmly and with no revolt.
Blame Rasho
On Leave
And1: 8,466

Post#24 » by Blame Rasho » Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:40 pm

TheGreatSatan wrote:This whole AI's headache is complete nonsense. You just have to treat a guy with respect. Just like absolutely every star and big name in this league.

Did he have any troubles in Philly with Larry Brown, off course he did, but it was a healthy relationship, cause both guys wanted to win badly. Did he have any troubles with George Karl? Off course he didn't cause treated him like the player he is.

Troubles came when a certain idiot in Detroit decided that he should be a not only a backup to Rodney Stuckey, but a third string backup to Will frikking Bynum as well. Nonsense off course continued in Memphis when another fool thought that he should be a backup to some guy named Mike Conley, who at that point has done absolutely nothing in this league.

There's no star in this league that would accept this calmly and with no revolt.

He isn't a positive difference maker anymore.
Sedale Threatt
RealGM
And1: 40,830

Post#25 » by Sedale Threatt » Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:42 pm

Even if he could play anymore, I think I would rather lose without AI than win with him.
JustOneFix
Analyst
And1: 408

Post#26 » by JustOneFix » Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:44 pm

Blame Rasho wrote:
He isn't a positive difference maker anymore.

Not the impression i got when i watched some of his last games in Philly. Guy was still scoring at will, with ease. There were at least several occasions when i watched that he scored 10-12pts in the first Q alone, just to get benched cause hey, Philly had to develop some of their young talents.

You get this guy in shape and give him some motivation, he'd be lethal on a team like the Knicks or the Heat.
Free Rider
Veteran
And1: 1,565

Post#27 » by Free Rider » Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:44 pm

No, just no... :noway:
PDXKnight
RealGM
And1: 2,671

Post#28 » by PDXKnight » Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:49 pm

If Iverson is going to work anywhere he'd have to accept a VERY reduced role. Personally I don't think its the greatest move for LA but its a risk they could probably afford to take for a non-guaranteed contract.
LApwnd
Banned User
And1: 1,146

Post#29 » by LApwnd » Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:52 pm

we dont need AI, Jamal Tinsley is playing for our Dleague team, we'll just complete the Indy trio Mcbob/Murphy/Tinsley :)
nykballa2k4
RealGM
And1: 5,834

Post#30 » by nykballa2k4 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:11 pm

Knicks should pick him up. AI and Mike have the same opinion on Practice
Numbers don't lie, people who use them do
What do you think about @kporzee? Karl-Anthony Towns: PorzinGOD does not care or need my opinion for he is a higher life form then all of us.
koko
Pro Prospect
And1: 89

Post#31 » by koko » Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:20 pm

Iverson is done. Plus Lakers don't need him.
Jeremy Lin 7
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,133

Post#32 » by Jeremy Lin 7 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:22 pm

Why not? Its not like they have anyone better at point guard.
steelmanron
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#33 » by steelmanron » Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:25 pm

Jeremy Lin 7 wrote:Why not? Its not like they have anyone better at point guard.

Exactly! I mean only a complete IDIOT would dare say that a 37 year old Fisher is anywhere NEAR as good as a 36 year old Iverson who in 2009/10 averaged over 16 Pts a game in part time play. Also, what harm could it cause to offer him a camp invite on a non guaranteed deal just to see what he has ?
doozyj
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,842

Post#34 » by doozyj » Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:28 pm

meh. I'll pass on "Ivy".

Return to The General Board