Kyrie Irving Will Be the Next Best Thing in the NBA

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

noobcake
Banned User
And1: 442

Re: Kyrie Irving Will Be the Next Best Thing in the NBA 

Post#41 » by noobcake » Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:24 pm

AnSweR07 wrote:Irving is going to be great...book it. Ppl knock on him for not having freakish athleticsim like Rose or Wall, but I tell you what he's more skilled than both...he can shoot, pass, better handles, and has way better feel for the game than both of them. He is Chris Paul at 6'3. Cleveland got themselves in the superstar in the making.

Yeah Irving is essentially a Chris Paul, with better size and development at the start of their career. That is not to say that he'll be better than Paul, but Irving is a Chris Paul type point guard.

People still are knocking on his athleticism. Yes, he is not a freak like Wall or Rose, but he is more than athletic enough to play at the NBA level.
schematics
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#42 » by schematics » Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:42 pm

KING CB4 wrote:People shouldn't sleep on this kid. He isn't as atheltic as Wall or Rose, but aside from drving to the rim, he is better at everything else than them. He will be the best shooting PG in the league not named Steve Nash. I think he breaks into the top 10 easily for point guards this season and top 3 by his 3rd season.

Please! He is not that good so please stop it :lol:
MBDTF
Junior
And1: 0

Post#43 » by MBDTF » Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:43 pm

Rose>>>>>>>>>>>IRVING,CP3,DWILL,WALL,RONDO,INSERT YOUR FAV PG IN THE NBA RIGHT NOW ______
sfernald
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,259

Post#44 » by sfernald » Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:09 pm

MBDTF wrote:Rose>>>>>>>>>>>IRVING,CP3,DWILL,WALL,RONDO,INSERT YOUR FAV PG IN THE NBA RIGHT NOW ______

Actually more like:

Rose>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>KOBE,WADE,TYREKE,KMART,IVERSON,INSERT YOUR FAV SELFISH SHOOTING GUARD IN THE NBA.
madvillian
RealGM
And1: 8,711

Post#45 » by madvillian » Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:25 pm

Whoever just compared Kyrie Irving to the arguably the best PG of all time -- Chris Paul -- award yourself no points, do not pass go, and stop posting for at least a few days so people forget what a silly thing you said.
dumbell78 wrote:Random comment....Mikal Bridges stroke is dripping right now in summer league. Carry on.

I'll go ahead and make a sig bet that Mikal is better by RPM this year than Zach.
erudite23
Lead Assistant
And1: 659

Post#46 » by erudite23 » Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:27 pm

I think Kyrie can be better than Deron, CP, D Rose or any of the best PGs in the league. He is much bigger than people realize, and can get to the hoop AND shoot. But more than anything, he's just smooth and makes the right play almost every time. I think he has a chance to be a super star, honestly.

Which is not to say that he WILL, but he can. And not in an if-every-single-star-aligns type of way. He's a great talent.
Chosen01
RealGM
And1: 534

Post#47 » by Chosen01 » Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:35 pm

madvillian wrote:Whoever just compared Kyrie Irving to the arguably the best PG of all time -- Chris Paul -- award yourself no points, do not pass go, and stop posting for at least a few days so people forget what a silly thing you said.

Arguably?

Bubstubbler
Starter
And1: 755

Post#48 » by Bubstubbler » Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:21 pm

KING CB4 wrote:People shouldn't sleep on this kid. He isn't as atheltic as Wall or Rose, but aside from drving to the rim, he is better at everything else than them. He will be the best shooting PG in the league not named Steve Nash. I think he breaks into the top 10 easily for point guards this season and top 3 by his 3rd season.

Just imagine if the Clippers had kept the Irving pick instead of using it to dump Baron Davis. The Clips would have just finished trading for Howard instead of Paul. Maybe something like this:

Kaman/Jordan/Aminu/Bledsoe/Minny 1st/LAC 1st for Howard/Turk

Irving/Mo
Gordon/Mo
Butler/Turk
Griffin/Turk
Howard

That would've been some epic badassness right there.
DEEP3CL
RealGM
And1: 3,207

Post#49 » by DEEP3CL » Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:23 pm

Hold up son it was only one game
VETERAN LAKERS FAN

SmartWentCrazy wrote:It's extremely unlikely that they end up in the top 3.They're probably better off trying to win and giving Philly the 8th pick than tanking and giving them the 4th.
madvillian
RealGM
And1: 8,711

Post#50 » by madvillian » Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:44 pm

Chosen01 wrote:
madvillian wrote:Whoever just compared Kyrie Irving to the arguably the best PG of all time -- Chris Paul -- award yourself no points, do not pass go, and stop posting for at least a few days so people forget what a silly thing you said.

Arguably?

Personally I think Magic is better, but an argument can be made for Paul. His efficiency before his knee problems was off the charts, and his teammates were scrubs, unlike Magic's.
dumbell78 wrote:Random comment....Mikal Bridges stroke is dripping right now in summer league. Carry on.

I'll go ahead and make a sig bet that Mikal is better by RPM this year than Zach.
moss_is_1
RealGM
And1: 2,013

Post#51 » by moss_is_1 » Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:57 pm

^ There's no argument. CP3 has 0 rings.
ZCM93
Rookie
And1: 491

Post#52 » by ZCM93 » Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:43 pm

Irving should put up around 20-25 PPG this season and be a lock for ROY... nobody else but Jamison who will be gone by the trade deadline avgs over 10 PPG.

Cavs suck.. :(
fart
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,769

Post#53 » by fart » Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:24 am

if irving goes on to be a superstar in the next 5 years, I will bump this thread back up for the lols
SargentBargs101 wrote:
CB-Blazer wrote:what the heck is an Ebanks?

The remote delivery of new and traditional banking products and services through electronic delivery channels. There you go bud :D
maoriboy
Pro Prospect
And1: 168

Post#54 » by maoriboy » Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:48 am

ZCM93 wrote:Irving should put up around 20-25 PPG this season and be a lock for ROY... nobody else but Jamison who will be gone by the trade deadline avgs over 10 PPG.

Cavs suck.. :(

Bro calm down, it's been one preseason game
JamesNaismith
Banned User
And1: 5

Post#55 » by JamesNaismith » Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:18 am

erudite23 wrote:I think Kyrie can be better than Deron, CP, D Rose or any of the best PGs in the league.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30T9mU-ou3I[/youtube]
jman23
Junior
And1: 37

Post#56 » by jman23 » Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:23 am

I was wrong about Kyrie Irving, he'll be a top 5 pg someday but he won't be better than: Derrick Rose, and John Wall. I just don't see it.
Darius Miles Davis
Veteran
And1: 452

Kyrie Irving Will Be the Next Best Thing in the NBA 

Post#57 » by Darius Miles Davis » Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:30 am

"Uh...we've always like ET. ET has big hands. His mother has big hands."

Return to The General Board