is splitter spurs starting c?

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Luigi
General Manager
And1: 3,590

Re: is splitter spurs starting c? 

Post#21 » by Luigi » Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:59 am

Rasho was a real center, but none of those other guys are more centery than Duncan has been. Duncan and Nesterovich played in the double center era for the Spurs. Since then it's been Duncan.

They're all smaller, lighter, shorter, play too few minutes, or play more away from the center of the floor on either end of the floor. Overall, Duncan is clearly more of a center than those other clowns. I mean, are we seriously going to believe that Matt Bonner (6' 8.5" barefoot, 240) is the Spurs center when Tim Duncan (6'11", 255) is on the floor dominating the middle/center of the court on both ends of the floor? Come on.
In '03-'04, Jerry Sloan coached the ESPN predicted "worst team of all time" to 42-40.
Donald Kaufman
General Manager
And1: 601

Post#22 » by Donald Kaufman » Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:28 am

While we're going slightly OT and rehashing the old "is TD a 4 or a 5" debate, let's morph this into the semi-annual Malone vs Duncan thread while we're at it.

My vote goes to TD.
GodDamnRobin
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#23 » by GodDamnRobin » Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:36 am

Oh look, the guy with Jerry Sloan in his avatar thinks Duncan isn't a PF! I am shocked. Never mind the reasons people gave, he's just not. "I just feel he wasn't".

Good luck with that.
Ballings7
RealGM
And1: 1,474

Post#24 » by Ballings7 » Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:59 pm

I agree with Robin... Rasho/Nazr/Elson all played more center. Sometimes Duncan did shift to the center role when he played Horry at the end of games, or always did when Matt Bonner/Blair on the floor.
The Playoffs don't care about your Analytics
grimballer
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#25 » by grimballer » Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:31 pm

its funny how "duncan is a c" ppl always have to highjack the thread n turn it into "duncan is a c n not pf" discussion.

im sure if the thread title was "is splitter spurs starting pf?" nobody would raise any question, even those who consider duncan as pf.

there are good arguments on both side: (duncan is a pf/duncan is a c), but thats another debate.

the question was about who gonna start for spurs next to duncan n since spurs still list duncan as f n im sure thats not gonna change this year, the other guy by default gonna be a c.
Luigi
General Manager
And1: 3,590

Post#26 » by Luigi » Sun Dec 18, 2011 2:25 am

GodDamnRobin wrote:Oh look, the guy with Jerry Sloan in his avatar thinks Duncan isn't a PF! I am shocked. Never mind the reasons people gave, he's just not. "I just feel he wasn't".

Good luck with that.

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/ad_hominem_argument
In '03-'04, Jerry Sloan coached the ESPN predicted "worst team of all time" to 42-40.
UGA Hayes
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,068

Post#27 » by UGA Hayes » Sun Dec 18, 2011 3:18 am

He is kind of a wierd fit with Duncan however he looks a lot more comfortable if preseason is an indication. His offensive repetoire is very awkward looking. Every shot he attempts looks like its going to miss badly but he is actually pretty efficient.

Return to The General Board