Lebron rejected special made $3,000 birthday cake

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

ItsSensei
Senior
And1: 22

Re: Lebron rejected special made $3,000 birthday cake 

Post#81 » by ItsSensei » Thu Jan 5, 2012 1:14 am

To be fair though, the cake does look really ugly and "QUEENISH" with the crown slanted like that must I add.
phx#7
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,316

Post#82 » by phx#7 » Thu Jan 5, 2012 1:34 am

Luv those Knicks wrote:

He's still financially responsible for his "people's" first agreeing and then backing out. If Lebron's a man, he'll accept responsibility for his underling's mistake, apologize to the woman and visit the cake shop. But, he's probably not a man, so that probably won't happen.

All his people did was hire a party planner and that is the person who worked out a deal with the baker. When they got to the party and saw the 2 cakes they chose the one they liked better.
Kobe8Forever
Bench Warmer
And1: 210

Post#83 » by Kobe8Forever » Thu Jan 5, 2012 1:36 am

Whether or not Lebron personally knew about what I'm now calling "cakegate" is irrelevant. The only question is whether Lebron is bound to honor the agreement made by his representatives.

Even if Lebron did not grant his representatives the right to enter into this contract, the legal doctrine of "apparent authority" refers to a situation where a reasonable person would understand that an agent (lebron's posse) had authority to act. This means a principal (Lebron) is bound by the agent's actions, even though the agent had no actual authority, whether express or implied. It raises an estoppel because the third party (said poor baker) is given an assurance, which she relies on and would be inequitable for the principal to deny the authority given.

Here, Lebron's posse promised the baker an endorsement in exchange for a cake. The woman, relying on the promise, spent $6,000 in materials, labor, and opportunity costs. Despite delivering on her promise, Lebron's posse of no good hoodlums failed to deliver on the promise of an endorsement.

The baker's remedy is the $6,000 for the costs incurred. Furthermore, while emotional distress cannot be measured in monetary terms, a $1,000,000 reward would not be unreasonable in light of the outrageous behavior of Lebron and said posse.
J~Rush
Head Coach
And1: 28

Post#84 » by J~Rush » Thu Jan 5, 2012 1:39 am

Kobe8Forever wrote:Furthermore, while emotional distress cannot be measured in monetary terms, a $1,000,000 reward would not be unreasonable in light of the outrageous behavior of Lebron and said posse.

:o
e
MikeM
General Manager
And1: 9,878

Post#85 » by MikeM » Thu Jan 5, 2012 1:39 am

lol @ the analysis going on in this thread over a cake.
Bskey
Veteran
And1: 144

Post#86 » by Bskey » Thu Jan 5, 2012 1:40 am

Why is everyone attacking her and the cake? Lebron's people are at fault here.

They should have told her what they wanted or looked at her other work BEFORE she made the cake. It may be ugly but she still had to work to make it.
Sofia
GOTB: Mean Girls
And1: 30,900

Post#87 » by Sofia » Thu Jan 5, 2012 1:44 am

Kobe8Forever wrote:Whether or not Lebron personally knew about what I'm now calling "cakegate" is irrelevant. The only question is whether Lebron is bound to honor the agreement made by his representatives.

Even if Lebron did not grant his representatives the right to enter into this contract, the legal doctrine of "apparent authority" refers to a situation where a reasonable person would understand that an agent (lebron's posse) had authority to act. This means a principal (Lebron) is bound by the agent's actions, even though the agent had no actual authority, whether express or implied. It raises an estoppel because the third party (said poor baker) is given an assurance, which she relies on and would be inequitable for the principal to deny the authority given.

Here, Lebron's posse promised the baker an endorsement in exchange for a cake. The woman, relying on the promise, spent $6,000 in materials, labor, and opportunity costs. Despite delivering on her promise, Lebron's posse of no good hoodlums failed to deliver on the promise of an endorsement.

The baker's remedy is the $6,000 for the costs incurred. Furthermore, while emotional distress cannot be measured in monetary terms, a $1,000,000 reward would not be unreasonable in light of the outrageous behavior of Lebron and said posse.
This post is the one. Remember it. This is the post that will make the general board realise how stupid the irrational lebron hate is and has been.
Founder - Wembanyama GOAT club - waitlist registrations being accepted

President of the Pharmcat Fanclub
President of the GreatWhiteStiff Fanclub
daniel3
Lead Assistant
And1: 481

Post#88 » by daniel3 » Thu Jan 5, 2012 1:44 am

I'll eat it if she's gonna throw it away.
TheOUTLAW
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,757

Post#89 » by TheOUTLAW » Thu Jan 5, 2012 1:52 am

Blkbrd671 wrote:Lebron needs to hire new PR. just when i thought he was turning the corner. What d* head, i understand that its his ppl doing this, but he needs to realize that ppl put work into this and pay for it. If he's the king, be a grown a* man and step in. She should have known when it comes to Lebron, the publicity she'll get is almost never positive.

Most publicity people will tell you that there is no such think as negative publicity. It's all about getting people talking about you.
UncleDrew wrote: I get Buckets!
FlashTheKilla
Lead Assistant
And1: 64

Post#90 » by FlashTheKilla » Thu Jan 5, 2012 1:54 am

The cake is a lie.
Den Masters
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#91 » by Den Masters » Thu Jan 5, 2012 1:54 am

The cake resembles Cavs color scheme lol.
TheOUTLAW
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#92 » by TheOUTLAW » Thu Jan 5, 2012 1:56 am

People refuse items all the time when they don't measure up to the agreement that was made.
heatwillbeback
RealGM
And1: 13,135

Post#93 » by heatwillbeback » Thu Jan 5, 2012 1:57 am

Kobe8Forever wrote:Whether or not Lebron personally knew about what I'm now calling "cakegate" is irrelevant. The only question is whether Lebron is bound to honor the agreement made by his representatives.

you do know contracts could be made where acceptance depends on taste. "Paint this to my liking" is an example

you throw legal jargon around (let me guess, first year law student just finished semester #1) without much knowledge.

I have no clue what exactly was entered into, nor do I really care.
TheOUTLAW
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#94 » by TheOUTLAW » Thu Jan 5, 2012 2:06 am

Den Masters wrote:The cake resembles Cavs color scheme lol.

I wish people would stop saying that

The cake to the right has a more burgundy color on it. Not to mention the gold.
Kobe8Forever
Bench Warmer

Post#95 » by Kobe8Forever » Thu Jan 5, 2012 2:06 am

heatwillbeback wrote:you do know contracts could be made where acceptance depends on taste. "Paint this to my liking" is an example

I have no clue what exactly was entered into

Alright then, thanks for playing Heat fan.
Lozar
Junior
And1: 0

Post#96 » by Lozar » Thu Jan 5, 2012 2:10 am

I'm amazed that people haven't ripped on the other cake it screams sweet 16 birthday party to me.

I mean the LJ at the top seems like it was created for a teenage girl.

Both cakes are really quite bad and are wayy over the top trying to draw your attention.

You know its bad when I could take the cake they used and make minor alterations and a teenage girl would think its quite cool.
USA
Banned User
And1: 455

Post#97 » by USA » Thu Jan 5, 2012 2:13 am

TheOUTLAW wrote:
Den Masters wrote:The cake resembles Cavs color scheme lol.

I wish people would stop saying that

The cake to the right has a more burgundy color on it. Not to mention the gold.

Come on man. It resembles their colors. Not perfect but close enough to be noticeable.

Lozar
Junior
And1: 0

Post#98 » by Lozar » Thu Jan 5, 2012 2:16 am

This cake looks far more like a cake that a man would want. If you enjoy super expensive extravagant cakes that is.
heatwillbeback
RealGM
And1: 13,135

Post#99 » by heatwillbeback » Thu Jan 5, 2012 2:17 am

Kobe8Forever wrote:
heatwillbeback wrote:you do know contracts could be made where acceptance depends on taste. "Paint this to my liking" is an example

selective quotes missing the whole point of the post. You know as little than me. The difference is the hater inside you forces you to enter into a hypothetical
Kobe8Forever
Bench Warmer

Post#100 » by Kobe8Forever » Thu Jan 5, 2012 2:24 am

heatwillbeback wrote:
Kobe8Forever wrote:

selective quotes missing the whole point of the post. You know as little than me. The difference is the hater inside you forces you to enter into a hypothetical

The only things I cut out was (1) your ad hominem attack on me by calling me a first year law student and (2) the fact that you do not care about what was entered into.

Neither of these things are relevant to the topic, but I suppose we could discuss these issues as well.

Return to The General Board