First coaching casualty: Kings fire Paul Westphal

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

USA
Banned User
And1: 455

Re: First coaching casualty: Kings fire Paul Westphal 

Post#121 » by USA » Thu Jan 5, 2012 11:46 pm

tsherkin wrote:
USA wrote:Rambis will get a call.

*shudder*

Please, no... I can't take watching Rambis "coach" again.

LOL. He is horrible, isn't he? I remember when he coached the Lakers for part of the season and he looked lost. I shook my head in disbelief when he was mentioned as a possible successor to Phil Jackson.
tsherkin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,186

Post#122 » by tsherkin » Thu Jan 5, 2012 11:49 pm

Gauh.... blerrrggh... Rambis.... *vomit*
LeBron's Time
Pro Prospect
And1: 4

Post#123 » by LeBron's Time » Thu Jan 5, 2012 11:53 pm

SacKingZZZ wrote:LOL at everyone thinking this is about Cousins and nothing more. The ENTIRE team wanted this dude gone, his time was up and lasted probably a year longer than it should have. Seems like a nice guy, but he just can't handle the personalities of the NBA.

because those guys aren't kings fans, they don't watch every kings games, they don't know whats the kings real problem. better go to kings forum, every kings fans wants westphal to be fired since last year. good to know that some kings players (especially cousins) speak up this season in public about the damn westphal system.
irving2eyenga
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#124 » by irving2eyenga » Thu Jan 5, 2012 11:58 pm

what about sam mitchell?
cdt3
Rookie
And1: 0

Post#125 » by cdt3 » Fri Jan 6, 2012 12:00 am

Westphal should have been coaching the Lakers or some vet team.

He doesn't trust the Petrie's draftees.

Neither do the Maloofs.

All Petrie did was be the architect of 2 great offensive small market teams.

I am no longer a Kings fan. The Maloofs show no loyalty to Petrie or Reggie Theus or Westphal or Adelman.

So I pray that Petrie goes. Portland didn't win for over 20 years after him. The Kings didn't win for 20 years before him.

I could care less who the Maloofs hire. They will blame somebody else for failing and fire them within a year when they get impatient again.

People with egos the size of Jerry Jones or Daniel Snyder like the Maloofs only trust themselves no matter how smart you are.

I will likely be back when the MAGOOFS finally run their businesses in the ground. I will give them 2 years.

The Maloofs have nobody to blame but The Maloofs.
kombayn
Assistant Coach
And1: 746

Post#126 » by kombayn » Fri Jan 6, 2012 12:12 am

John Calipari, Kurt Rambis (Yes, I know... He sucks.), Brian Shaw, Sam Cassell, Mike Woodson & Sam Mitchell should all get looks from the Kings. I would personally like to see Larry Brown take the job, he's no non-sense and wouldn't put up with anyone's crap. That's the type of coach they need, someone who will not only challenge them as a team but as people too that can relate to them. I think Sam Cassell would be the perfect choice.
Basti
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,678

Post#127 » by Basti » Fri Jan 6, 2012 12:17 am

USA wrote:Rambis will get a call.

As much I don't want to have another potential WC rival to the upcoming Timberwolves because, you know, the Kings are loaded with talent, that wouldn't be fair to the Kings' players and fans.

But, if the Maloof brothers really want to get out of Sacramento hiring Rambis would be a mad genius move. The fans would stop showing up and the Kings would turn into a laughingstock. But, as I said, that would not be fair to anyone on the Kings' roster or to the fans.
Guy986
RealGM
And1: 647

Post#128 » by Guy986 » Fri Jan 6, 2012 12:42 am

SacKingZZZ wrote:
Guy986 wrote:Chuck Hayes would never throw any coaches under the bus. Never has, never will. He probably organized the meeting to try to stabilize things and try to get the younger guys in line. *cough*cousins*cough*

Don't want to damage Hayes' rep, but the last couple of games I think even Chuck was tanking on his coach.

Because that whole situation in Sacramento with no point guard, Evans and especially Cousins... its just poisonous. Chuck Hayes should've gone to Minnesota. Bad decision.
SacKingZZZ
RealGM
And1: 1,082

Post#129 » by SacKingZZZ » Fri Jan 6, 2012 1:13 am

Guy986 wrote:
SacKingZZZ wrote:
Guy986 wrote:Chuck Hayes would never throw any coaches under the bus. Never has, never will. He probably organized the meeting to try to stabilize things and try to get the younger guys in line. *cough*cousins*cough*

Don't want to damage Hayes' rep, but the last couple of games I think even Chuck was tanking on his coach.

Because that whole situation in Sacramento with no point guard, Evans and especially Cousins... its just poisonous. Chuck Hayes should've gone to Minnesota. Bad decision.

haha, yeah, whatever you say. :lol:

Hayes said he's never been treated by an organization as well as he was by the Kings during his health scare.

Return to The General Board