how bad did Orlando Magic mess up?

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

GaNGsTaRr93
Starter
And1: 2

Re: how bad did Orlando Magic mess up? 

Post#21 » by GaNGsTaRr93 » Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:40 pm

BSM wrote:By not trading for Bynum while they had a chance. Realistically now, even if Dwight was to agree to an extension with Lakers, I don't think it's a fair trade given the market value of each player. With Bynum having the year he's having, and the fact that he's willing to go wherever he can be "the man", (dude has 2 rings), while there's limited destinations for Dwight, I'd say Magic simply can't even do the trade right now and probably wasn't able to during the trade deadline.

Their threat to trade to Lakers? ha, please, maybe if they also gave up someone like Anderson while taking on Metta's horrible contract. Bynum is still #2 center in the league, but it's CLOSE.

Lopez? Lmao. Can't believe Nets fans were trying to make a case for that.

He has 2 rings from doing nothing? So I guess Bynum > Ewing
SubyWill
Analyst
And1: 3

Re: Re: how bad did Orlando Magic mess up? 

Post#22 » by SubyWill » Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:03 pm

BSM wrote:
Their threat to trade to Lakers? ha, please, maybe if they also gave up someone like Anderson while taking on Metta's horrible contract. Bynum is still #2 center in the league, but it's CLOSE.

Are you on some sort of heavy drug?
World Peace
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#23 » by World Peace » Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:11 pm

Anther moronic decision by Otis Smith.
Trader_Joe
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,948

Post#24 » by Trader_Joe » Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:33 pm

World Peace wrote:Anther moronic decision by Otis Smith.

No, smith wanted to trade him early in the season. Ownership said no.
Mikhail Prokhorov wrote:My posse usually needs another vacation after a vacation with me.
NYK_89
Assistant Coach
And1: 72

Post#25 » by NYK_89 » Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:33 pm

BSM wrote:
Still Desi wrote:
alb_mod wrote:Good move by Howard. Now he cant hit the FA market this summer and his injury will be exposed all the next season. Who will offer him a max 5 yr contract?

Every team in the league.

Well, not every team can offer him cause of the cap.

No literally EVERY team that could trade their players in place etc would jump on howard for a max contract
inquisitive
RealGM
And1: 2,844

Post#26 » by inquisitive » Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:55 pm

dwight is not a FA this summer. i think both dwight and bynum will wait till free agency after 12-13' season to sign extensions or not, but dwight will definitely be traded this coming offseason(summer).
KARD "You n Me " Mnet Countdown
www.youtube.com/watch?v=77b3zg3OhgI
kodo
RealGM
And1: 13,294

Post#27 » by kodo » Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:38 pm

Bynum is an expiring contract next season.

1 year of Dwight Howard is better than 1 year of Bynum.
83SixersRocked
Head Coach
And1: 609

Post#28 » by 83SixersRocked » Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:47 pm

I have to wonder if this is why Dwight re-upped for his option year.
chubby_1_kenobi
Starter
And1: 20

Post#29 » by chubby_1_kenobi » Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:13 pm

kodo wrote:Bynum is an expiring contract next season.

1 year of Dwight Howard is better than 1 year of Bynum.

Brook Lopez's contract is not much different. If they want to retain him, they'll still have to try to resign him instead of offering the QO.

The Magic's option is limited now and largely due to their own ineptitude. This is what they get for not trading Howard a year sooner.
twinthunder3
Veteran
And1: 93

Post#30 » by twinthunder3 » Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:19 pm

they gambled...
Sofa King
RealGM
And1: 3,034

Post#31 » by Sofa King » Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:32 pm

NoMoreThrees wrote:magics couldnt find nothing wrong but hr go to some secret la doc and now he a cripple lol ya right
maybe that fool team and dwight the biggest fool of all deserve each other

I located the doctor.

eraman2008
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#32 » by eraman2008 » Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:34 pm

They rolled the dice...
I'm in Pluto im at Mars at the SAME DAMN TIME
-Future
DEEP3CL
RealGM
And1: 3,207

Post#33 » by DEEP3CL » Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:35 pm

BSM wrote:By not trading for Bynum while they had a chance. Realistically now, even if Dwight was to agree to an extension with Lakers, I don't think it's a fair trade given the market value of each player. With Bynum having the year he's having, and the fact that he's willing to go wherever he can be "the man", (dude has 2 rings), while there's limited destinations for Dwight, I'd say Magic simply can't even do the trade right now and probably wasn't able to during the trade deadline.

Dude it's over...the Lakers are off that, not thinking about that. Plus the fact that the whole damn world knows Dwight really didn't want to be here it's not going to be revisited, Dr.Buss is no fool. I said it then and I'll say it again....Dwight is Orlando's problem. The Lakers have moved on.
VETERAN LAKERS FAN

SmartWentCrazy wrote:It's extremely unlikely that they end up in the top 3.They're probably better off trying to win and giving Philly the 8th pick than tanking and giving them the 4th.
inquisitive
RealGM
And1: 2,844

Post#34 » by inquisitive » Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:19 pm

DEEP3CL wrote:

Dude it's over...the Lakers are off that, not thinking about that. Plus the fact that the whole damn world knows Dwight really didn't want to be here it's not going to be revisited, Dr.Buss is no fool. I said it then and I'll say it again....Dwight is Orlando's problem. The Lakers have moved on.

i think so too. they're done with dwight. lakers will have to only worry about signing bynum to an extension next season.
KARD "You n Me " Mnet Countdown
www.youtube.com/watch?v=77b3zg3OhgI

Return to The General Board