Woj: LA Orl Den Phi Talk For Dwight/Complete (update pg 64)

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Free Rider
Veteran
And1: 1,567

Re: Woj: LA Orl Den Phi Talk For Dwight/Complete (update pg 

Post#1041 » by Free Rider » Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:38 am

mr_sunshine wrote:
Free Rider wrote:Man, I love just love Mitch. Dude just pull $hit out of his ass time and time again. Easily the best GM in the league.

Yeah he was so great when he paid Luke Walton and completely screwed the pooch until Memphis bent over backward and donated Gasol.

Gasol, Nash, Howard. If the the trade off for all that is overpaying Luke Walton I gladly take it.
Jay10
RealGM
And1: 11,905

Post#1042 » by Jay10 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:38 am

JMAINE_PH wrote:David Stern anytime now...

he can't stop this transaction since the league doesn't control any teams involved.
eagles nut
Analyst
And1: 266

Post#1043 » by eagles nut » Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:39 am

Day in the Life wrote:Sixers fans who be even more estatic. Vujecic + Iggy for Bynum!

It's really about even for PHI in my opinion. It's not just Vujecic + Iggy. They're also giving up Harkless and a future 1st and they're taking on Jason Richardson's contract. Considering that it's not an absolute guarantee Bynum re-signs with them I could find some merit to it if a Philly fan(not me despite my user name) didn't like the trade.
Wolves21
Sixth Man
And1: 400

Post#1044 » by Wolves21 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:39 am

mattyBoi wrote:Beyond disgusted right now. This is the kind of trade that causes a life long fan to instantly hate a team.

Well you still have Big Baby and JJ.Sorry I know that's a low blow.But on the plus side Afflalo who's a really nice semi young SG.But your team will blow for a few season at least.But at least you will know who the true fans are now.As a Wolves fan we have been pretty **** sense the 03-04 season and just this past season are finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.Hopefully you Magic fans don't have to go threw that kind of pain.
luckynumber17
Sophomore
And1: 1

Re: Woj: LA Orl Den Phi 4 Way Talk For Dwight 

Post#1045 » by luckynumber17 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:39 am

bs_and_cs wrote:Can we move Orlando to Seattle now?

What a f*****g joke....seriously, don't get Pau or Bynum, don't get any high picks, don't get rid Hedo, and get a bunch of junk.

Seriously, just move the team to Seattle.

I don't even think Seattle would even want them XD
twomangame
Junior
And1: 33

Re: Woj: LA Orl Den Phi Talk For Dwight/Complet (update pg 6 

Post#1046 » by twomangame » Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:39 am

Hornetsfan4ever wrote:
I hate them both, but sadly...sadly..I must pull for L.A., if it's Heat v. Lakers finals.

LoL. If an LA/ Miami finals (almost inevitably) happen, I won't really know which team to cheer for.
Mamba Mentality
RealGM
And1: 19,536

Post#1047 » by Mamba Mentality » Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:40 am

I want to see Orlando's justification for this trade. I feel like the offers got progressively worse, and they just gave up so to speak. Mitch Kupchak is going to go down as a legend.
expired_meme
Sophomore
And1: 6

Post#1048 » by expired_meme » Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:40 am

FullCircle wrote:
kvash37 wrote:LA, Philly, and Denver come out great in the deal. The Magic get killed. I mean you rarely get equal value back when a player demands a trade but you're telling me there isn't a better package to swing Bynum for in a 3 way? With this crap the Magic should have just taken their chances on an extension with Bynum, assured him he was their franchise player and prayed.

I'll tell you what though. Affalo, Vucevic, Harrington, Harklin and three first round picks is a lot better than what the Lakers got for Shaq on 04.

That's just simply an incorrect statement. They the the 2nd and 3rd best players on an up and coming Miami team. LO and Tough Juice had INFINITELY more potential than the poo poo platter Orlando was just served. As in both LO and Tough Juice would've been the best players in this deal had they been going to Orlando.
FullCircle
Banned User

Re: Woj: LA Orl Den Phi Talk For Dwight/Complet (update pg 6 

Post#1049 » by FullCircle » Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:40 am

DowJones wrote:
The Infamous1 wrote:Mitch is FAR AND AWAY the GOAT GM

No he isn't. Not at all. Just stop. The zip code is all that matters. Cleveland could offer a MUCH better deal...but Dwight would never re-sign. Mitch is nothing special as a GM. He just sits back and waits for players to fall to him.

It is fairly surprising that you guys can't figure this thing out. Instead you run to this board like a bunch of fanboys and post 1st grade sayings like "Mitch is the goat".

Why you mad? GIve Mitch his props. Houston could have Dwight, were willing to trade for him without any assurance of re-signing. There were a number of teams wanting to do the same thing. Brooklyn tried like hell to get him, yet Mitch found a way to get him to LA. The odds were against him, and he got it done. Has nothing to with the zip code Cleveland. Just give the man his props and stop being mad.
sefant77
Banned User

Post#1050 » by sefant77 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:40 am

as usual, astupid franchgise doing a stupid star/superstar tradethe Lakers are on the receiving end ending up with the best player
thetrapman
Banned User
And1: 15

Post#1051 » by thetrapman » Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:40 am

As a Cavs fan.

:(

I really wanted Bynum...
Lakersmylife
Bench Warmer
And1: 11

Post#1052 » by Lakersmylife » Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:40 am

jayjamesson wrote:
Lakersmylife wrote:Bitch, cry, and complain all you want, you guys KNEW that the Lakers FO was the best in the league, and they just pulled off another phenomenal trade. Cannot WAIT for preseason, and I am DYING FOR IT TO BE OCTOBER 30th ALREADY.

Typical laker fan :lol:

:lol: I'm sorry, I'm just completely ecstatic right now. I didn't mean much when I posted that. I'm just glad this is all FINALLY over, and my team improved.
rockmanslim wrote:I want to have Vince Carter's babies
Day in the Life
Analyst
And1: 5

Post#1053 » by Day in the Life » Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:40 am

I'm sure other pieces were added. This is probably just the framework.
BballTechnique
Sophomore
And1: 7

Post#1054 » by BballTechnique » Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:41 am

ClubLakers KB8 wrote:Regardless of who you root for, you have to give Mitch props.

Best GM in a long, long time. My lord.

Gets Nash, Dwight, Jamison.

Trades a TPE, Bynum, spend a vet min.

I mean, really?

And to think that he pulled off a CP3 trade last year too.

the best thing about him is his patience. He sat on the Howard deal for a very long time and got exactly the deal he wanted.
Nowitness
General Manager
And1: 4,439

Post#1055 » by Nowitness » Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:41 am

Nowitnessing a legend
Wolves21
Sixth Man
And1: 400

Post#1056 » by Wolves21 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:41 am

Sorry to hit Magic fans below the belt but DAMN you two best players in team history in their primes in Shaq and Dwight both left for the Lakers.That's got to be a tough pill to take.
EArl
RealGM
And1: 13,230

Post#1057 » by EArl » Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:41 am

Still waiting on Jason Mclaed to throw the last chip down and make this **** official!
Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there wondering, fearing, Doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before;
JDRochholz
General Manager
And1: 1,187

Post#1058 » by JDRochholz » Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:41 am

The Miami Big 3 was ALL THE PLAYERS' doing, not Riley. This Laker team tonight was ALL KUPCHAK.
KrazySixersD
General Manager
And1: 1,008

Post#1059 » by KrazySixersD » Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:42 am

SIXERS ARE ROBBING EVERYONE IN THIS DEAL!!!!! THIS IS BETTER THAN CHRISTMAS!!!!!!

jrue, turner, bynum to build around all under 25 years old with tons of good role players around them!??!?!?!

2nd best in east easily behind miami... and in a few years could be the best

this is insane

magic are dumbest team in the league
fart
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,769

Post#1060 » by fart » Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:42 am

thetrapman wrote:As a Cavs fan.

:(

I really wanted Bynum...

Look on the bright side. Atleast we're not Orlando fans :lol:
SargentBargs101 wrote:
CB-Blazer wrote:what the heck is an Ebanks?

The remote delivery of new and traditional banking products and services through electronic delivery channels. There you go bud :D

Return to The General Board