Are we witnessing Rondo's prime?

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

tsherkin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,144

Re: Are we witnessing Rondo's prime? 

Post#121 » by tsherkin » Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:40 pm

j_angel wrote:I know its only been ten games but his 3pt % is up 10 this season :P

Yeah, all on the basis of two games. He had a 2/2 night and a 2/3 night. He's 5/15, that's not an illustrative percentage.
Golabki
General Manager
And1: 1,058

Post#122 » by Golabki » Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:45 pm

og15 wrote:
Pimpwerx wrote:Jason Kidd eventually learned to shoot the ball, and I feel like Rondo has a lot better mechanics on his shot. I don't think Boston fans are making excuses when they say it's all mental for him. He is such a smart cat, that I wouldn't put it past him to figure it out a lot earlier than Kidd did. Maybe once he gets older and calms down a bit. He's still a really emotional player, so maybe mellowing out will calm the yips or whatever he has that's causing him to clank shots. Once he becomes even an average shooter, he'll be frightening to face. PEACE.

Has Rondo gotten a shooting coach that stays on his hip? That's basically what Kidd did with Bob Thate, and that's what Blake is doing so far with the same guy that has helped him improve his shot as seen so far this season.

The Kidd comparisons bother me. As a college freshman Kidd was a better pure shooter than Rondo is today. It took a while for Kidd to figure out how to refine it and to use his shot in an NBA game, but they guy could always shoot. Rondo is a bad shooter like Kendrick Perkins is a bad shooter.
NashtyNas
RealGM
And1: 1,887

Post#123 » by NashtyNas » Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:27 pm

Tsherkin, I'm not sure what you've got against me but it's getting kind of sad.. nonetheless, you can have your opinion on Rondo, but it's quite evident he's a great floor general and a key to the Celtic's success, especially in the Playoffs. From what you're saying, it sounds like you could plug JET at starting PG and they wouldn't lose a beat, after all, all they do is make 'crsip, open passes' and defense isn't that important, right? Jet is as good of a shooter as Curry is, if not better. They should just trade Rondo and start Terry, it would make them a better team!

Not....

The underappreciated greats:

Some seek fame cause they need validation, some say hating is confused admiration - Nasty, nasty Nas

Return to The General Board