Can Lakers make to the Playoffs this year?

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Can Lakers make to the playoffs in wild wild west?

Yes, Kobe + Dwight + Gasol + Nash are you kidding me?
24%
No, this team struggles so hard, it's hard for them to make to the playoffs this season
47%
Not sure, I have to wait and see, Steve isn't in the lineup yet.
14%
Don't care
15%

Total votes: 325

Catchall
RealGM
And1: 10,254

Re: Can Lakers make to the Playoffs this year? 

Post#81 » by Catchall » Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:01 pm

Jazz will be in the playoffs. They've had a road-heavy schedule to start and are working in new players.
Dallas will be better when Dirk returns.
Denver has had a tough road-heavy schedule too and has the talent to make the playoffs.
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
LGND2552
Bench Warmer
And1: 142

Post#82 » by LGND2552 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:18 pm

Pretty sure the whole GB was saying mike brown is the reason the lakers were sucking a few months ago.

But now that mike is gone, Nash isn't there. It's frustrating but you gotta wait it out
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,129

Post#83 » by moocow007 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:49 pm

Jaykoolzboy wrote:What if Nash gets injured again after 3 game? I think fans are pushing Nash out even tho he isn't close to 100 percent.

If Nash gets injured again after 3 games they'll be screwed IMO. Beyond just the rest of this season. But yes, it will be interesting to see if they try to push him out onto the floor before he's really ready. I'd have to imagine that they have no choice right now but to try to trade for a PG that can run what D'Antoni want's to do out there. Problem is unless they trade Gasol, they really don't have that many assets to get a starting caliber PG that can realistically be expected to impact the team.
GoldKnightRises
Senior
And1: 24

Post#84 » by GoldKnightRises » Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:56 pm

LGND2552 wrote:Pretty sure the whole GB was saying mike brown is the reason the lakers were sucking a few months ago.

But now that mike is gone, Nash isn't there. It's frustrating but you gotta wait it out

Pretty much this, people are saying they are tired of hearing the Steve Nash excuse, but in reality it's going to be there until he returns, and with reason.

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
JunkYardSubs
General Manager
And1: 149

Post#85 » by JunkYardSubs » Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:19 pm

NY2TheBay wrote:
osamu wrote:I'm starting to think this is a serious question.

Yeah me too. I still think they make it, but if they lose to NY tomorrow they'll be 5 games under .500 with 59 games to go. They'd have to play very well to make it in the West with this kind of a start - and they haven't shown that they can yet. Of course they still can.
AdonisDeMarion
Bench Warmer
And1: 121

Post#86 » by AdonisDeMarion » Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:28 pm

Can the Lakers regain control of the Pacific division, if so then the 3rd or 4th seed could be had.

SF:MWP/Ebanks
PF:Jamison/Clark
C:Howard/Hill
SG:Bryant/Meeks
PG:Duhon/Morris

this is how we look now, there is no telling what we can do with the team together, one can only hope

PF:Gasol/Jamison/Clark
SG:Bryant/Meeks/Johnson-Odom
PG:Nash/Blake/Duhon/Morris
GeneralNbaFan
Pro Prospect
And1: 34

Post#87 » by GeneralNbaFan » Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:30 pm

What? Lakers not making the playoffs?

Golden State 14 7
Utah 12 10
Lakers 9 13

this is the standing right now! And in the end of the season LA will finish at least above one of them!
Jaykoolzboy
Assistant Coach
And1: 96

Post#88 » by Jaykoolzboy » Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:12 pm

GeneralNbaFan wrote:What? Lakers not making the playoffs?

Golden State 14 7
Utah 12 10
Lakers 9 13

this is the standing right now! And in the end of the season LA will finish at least above one of them!

Surpass Utah, maybe , but with the way Golden State is playing right now (Lee, Curry, Thompson), it's hard for Lakers to catch em up

Final standing IMO

1.Thunders
2.Spurs
3.Clippers
4.Grizzles
5.Warriors
6.Mavericks
7. Nuggets
8. TWolves/Jazz/Lakers/Rockets/Blazers
pross
Veteran
And1: 174

Post#89 » by pross » Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:00 am

AdonisDeMarion wrote:Can the Lakers regain control of the Pacific division, if so then the 3rd or 4th seed could be had.

PF:Jamison/Clark
SG:Bryant/Meeks
PG:Duhon/Morris

this is how we look now, there is no telling what we can do with the team together, one can only hope

PF:Gasol/Jamison/Clark
SG:Bryant/Meeks/Johnson-Odom
PG:Nash/Blake/Duhon/Morris

Whaaaaaaaaaat?

Already 6.5 games behind the Clippers. It would take a monumental run for them or a massive collapse by the Clippers to take the Pacific. Remember, the Clippers still have Grant Hill & Billups to work back in. They're currently one of the deepest teams in the league.

I think they'll struggle to make the playoffs. With a road heavy schedule coming up, they could be even further behind the 8 ball. Laker fans keep saying oh but Gasol is it. Hey guess what, you guys were struggling even with Gasol. While I feel Nash will make a major difference, they will have to go on a big run at some stage to get back in favour of that 7th-8th spot. I'm talking a 9-1 stretch.

Plus a guy like Dwight is bound to miss some games with his back problems, Gasol/Nash are still injured and with one of the weakest 5-15 roster in the league, it's starting to look like a massive task just to make the 8.
Jaykoolzboy
Assistant Coach
And1: 96

Post#90 » by Jaykoolzboy » Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:25 am

Golden State 14 7
Utah 12 10
Lakers 9 13

Show me if Lakers can beat Miami in Miami
black bart
Rookie
And1: 40

Post#91 » by black bart » Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:30 am

Jaykoolzboy wrote:

Golden State 14 7
Utah 12 10
Lakers 9 13

Surpass Utah, maybe , but with the way Golden State is playing right now (Lee, Curry, Thompson), it's hard for Lakers to catch em up

Final standing IMO

1.Thunders
2.Spurs
3.Clippers
4.Grizzles
5.Warriors
6.Mavericks
7. Nuggets
8. TWolves/Jazz/Lakers/Rockets/Blazers

nuggets aren't makign the playoffs.
Sn0wman
Banned User
And1: 5,803

Post#92 » by Sn0wman » Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:35 am

SweetTouch wrote:[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sV4NvYVPIq8&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]
Cavs announcers are funny

looooool they straight clowned his a**
_BBIB_
Lead Assistant
And1: 15

Post#93 » by _BBIB_ » Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:56 am

Even if they do they are clearly not contenders. Kobe is stuck on 5 rings
Shaheen wrote:You wanna make a sig bet that Horford will not win this year? They will not even hit .500. Book it.
:lol:
_BBIB_
Lead Assistant

Post#94 » by _BBIB_ » Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:15 am

LOl at locked thread.

At the end of the day someone like Tim Duncan is on a team that has never lost less than 50 games

And you look at the other all-time greats in NBA history and they don't struggle to make a playoff run with the cast that Kobe has right now.

Kobe will never be in the discussion with Michael Jordan other than the media force feeding us that discussion
Shaheen wrote:You wanna make a sig bet that Horford will not win this year? They will not even hit .500. Book it.
Wonderllama
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,401

Post#95 » by Wonderllama » Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:30 am

Lakers/OKC will be the greatest 1st seed vs. 8th seed series of all time!
Young_Star11
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,767

Post#96 » by Young_Star11 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:35 am

Be interesting if they get it together at the end of the season and sneak into the 8th seed. One to avoid in post-season play if they do that.

Don't think they have it in them to be higher than about a 6-seed.
_BBIB_
Lead Assistant

Post#97 » by _BBIB_ » Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:06 am

Wonderllama wrote:Lakers/OKC will be the greatest 1st seed vs. 8th seed series of all time!

Thunder in 4 games.
HEAT33
Veteran
And1: 1,396

Post#98 » by HEAT33 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:27 am

I doubt they make the playoffs. They need to go on some sort of streak to keep themselves alive or they will fall behind.

I think if they dont turn it around by the end of this month, they will be done as there will be too much pressure on them.

I guess this puts a nail in the coffin about the Jordan vs Kobe debate. I mean there wasnt much of a debate before and this should put it to sleep once and for all as Jordan with the likes of Metta, Dwight, Pau wouldnt be doing this bad.
EscapoTHB wrote:I think the 92 dream team would get beat by a lot of the top international teams today.

SacTownKings4Life
Starter
And1: 118

Re: The Lakers Biggest Problem? 

Post#99 » by SacTownKings4Life » Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:46 am

Ettorefm wrote:I'm done with the Lakers, man. Kobe with 42 points on over 50% FG and Dwight with 19/20 and THEY LOSE?
There is no hope for them. Till Nash changes this team, I'm done watching the lakers. It's just absurd how they can have two guys scoring 60 points on great percentage, GRAB 11 MORE REBOUNDS THAN THE OTHER TEAM and lose to Cleveland.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
The bandwagoners are jumping ship!
Just
Image Image
B Cuz
FANOFNBA
Analyst
And1: 32

Post#100 » by FANOFNBA » Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:31 am

i kinda dont want them to make the playoffs because i feel like thats the only way jerry buss will get back involved with the team and not let his son make big moves. whens the last time the lakers where the worst sports team in L.A.

Return to The General Board