Dwight/Kobe feuding"we have to play like we like each other"

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

Grits n Gravy
General Manager
And1: 1,800

Re: ESPN : Dwight "we have to play like we like each other" 

Post#41 » by Grits n Gravy » Mon Jan 7, 2013 12:09 pm

Bskey wrote:
1UPZ wrote:Nash should request trade.
Gasol too...

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=be2de7m

Do it Mitch.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Grumpy Heat Fan
General Manager
And1: 8,302

Re: Dwight/Kobe feuding"we have to play like we like each ot 

Post#42 » by Grumpy Heat Fan » Mon Jan 7, 2013 12:15 pm

ShowTimeERA wrote:Ramona Shelburne @ramonashelburne

Two Lakers sources have adamantly shot down the reported Dwight/Kobe incident. One said, "it's simply not true."

So, two people from the Lakers shot it down. Duh. Of course they would. They want to keep up appearances.

Doesn't mean it didn't happen, as it has been reported it did. And it would explain Dwight's comments about the team not liking each other ...makes sense.
"As for me personally, I don't truly care how much I make these days, my main focus is on playing for a winner." - Dirk Nowitzki, July 2016
TDevilsG
Rookie
And1: 188

Post#43 » by TDevilsG » Mon Jan 7, 2013 12:16 pm

Winning hides issues with egos.

Would not be surprised if this is true. I would imagine dantoni would have issues balancing the egos on this team during periods of loss.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
ShowTimeERA
Assistant Coach
And1: 208

Post#44 » by ShowTimeERA » Mon Jan 7, 2013 12:27 pm

StrengthNHonor wrote:

Two Lakers sources have adamantly shot down the reported Dwight/Kobe incident. One said, "it's simply not true."

So, two people from the Lakers shot it down. Duh. Of course they would. They want to keep up appearances.

Doesn't mean it didn't happen, as it has been reported it did. And it would explain Dwight's comments about the team not liking each other ...makes sense.

Well you apparently for whatever reason decided to brush aside what Dwight's mouth piece said...But hey, as long as your consistent...

Jarrod N Rudolph @JRudolphSports

For those wondering, I was told on Thursday that the rumor of a Dwight-Kobe altercation was nothing more than talk. http://sulia.com/my_thoughts/c012084c-4 ... ce=twitter

@bomani_jones: Don't believe the hype. They may end up at each other's throats, but it hasn't happened yet.

@Real_Ajay_Virk @kobebryant @DwightHoward: I was told emphatically that it didn't happen on Thursday. Others were told the same.
WeAreVenom
Head Coach
And1: 325

Post#45 » by WeAreVenom » Mon Jan 7, 2013 12:29 pm

Apathy wrote:Howard to ATL is gonna gain a lot of traction. Makes a lot of sense.

He's not going anywhere.....
SweetTouch
RealGM
And1: 2,956

Post#46 » by SweetTouch » Mon Jan 7, 2013 12:51 pm

The nuggets play like they like each other off the court

HOWARD has no other young player to go to clubs with
Stop being so disrespectful.
dangermouse
Lead Assistant
And1: 814

Post#47 » by dangermouse » Mon Jan 7, 2013 1:09 pm

^ Ah, that must be it.

I bet the Lakers are kicking themselves that they traded Luke Walton now. He could have shown Dwight where all the happenin' spots are.
long suffrin' boulez fan wrote:
NatP4 wrote:but why would the pacers want Mahinmi's contract

Well, in fairness, we took Mike Pence off their hands. Taking back Mahinmi is the least they can do.
Zasterror
RealGM
And1: 10,019

Post#48 » by Zasterror » Mon Jan 7, 2013 1:16 pm

...and the band keeps playing
va-mos
Banned User
And1: 16

Post#49 » by va-mos » Mon Jan 7, 2013 1:25 pm

AntwanBoldin wrote:The lakers never should've rushed him back from the back injury.

They aren't winning with him anyway, and now that he's feeling no love he could seriously consider bolting

Seriously consider? That was months ago. There is no doubt he's bolting. There is nothing good about the Lakers. Not one positive.
Apathy
Banned User
And1: 39

Post#50 » by Apathy » Mon Jan 7, 2013 1:34 pm

ShowTimeERA wrote:
StrengthNHonor wrote:

Well you apparently for whatever reason decided to brush aside what Dwight's mouth piece said...But hey, as long as your consistent...

For those wondering, I was told on Thursday that the rumor of a Dwight-Kobe altercation was nothing more than talk. http://sulia.com/my_thoughts/c012084c-4 ... ce=twitter

@bomani_jones: Don't believe the hype. They may end up at each other's throats, but it hasn't happened yet.

@Real_Ajay_Virk @kobebryant @DwightHoward: I was told emphatically that it didn't happen on Thursday. Others were told the same.

Where there's smoke, there's fire.

Kobe has been needling his teammates all year long. Career-long. Do you think grown men, who have been alpha dogs their whole life, appreciate that? Do you think they enjoy his lack of accountability? This is very believable.

Obviously we don't know the truth, but we do know history. Pattern-recognition. When things are not going well, people balk. When the spotlight is on and things aren't going well? People buck. D12 is obviously sensitive and image-conscious, and he has sacrificed quite a bit for the team to little recognition. He has power, too, and he is choosing to exert it.
TwentyOne920
Lead Assistant
And1: 129

Post#51 » by TwentyOne920 » Mon Jan 7, 2013 1:37 pm

Geez, the way they fight you'd think they already had a three-peat under their belt.
bertrob wrote:Any casual fan saying anything about Tim Duncan is usually wrong

bobly wrote:Kobe locked up his All Defensive Team this year after he blocked Lebron in the all-star game.
sunskerr
General Manager
And1: 5,296

Post#52 » by sunskerr » Mon Jan 7, 2013 1:42 pm

MaceCase
General Manager
And1: 2,483

Post#53 » by MaceCase » Mon Jan 7, 2013 1:48 pm

Atlanta is just the type of low-key environment for Dwight to go rehab after the high pressure of LA.
*WLONC*
We Like Our New Core
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,021

Re: ESPN : Dwight 

Post#54 » by moocow007 » Mon Jan 7, 2013 2:08 pm

Fixed

EscapoTHB wrote:I feel bad for Nash. He only went to the lakers to ring chase. He should have just gone to the Knicks. Probably would have been a better way to end his career.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,021

Re: Dwight, Kobe go at it 

Post#55 » by moocow007 » Mon Jan 7, 2013 2:11 pm

Ronito wrote:More turmoil for the Lakers.

Source: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baske ... z2HH5n2sC8

A league source told the Daily News that the Lakers stars got into a heated exchange following a New Year’s Day loss to the 76ers, and Bryant went for a low blow – referencing and agreeing with Shaquille O’Neal’s criticisms of Howard being soft.

Howard was restrained from going at his teammate, according to the source, and there have been rumblings from the center’s camp that he’s been unhappy with Bryant since earlier in the season

Pretty much the Irresistible Force Paradox (i.e. "What happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object?") that eventually will build to a head.

The only one right now that might still have a chance to solve this paradox is this man.

This classic gif pretty much says it all as far as what should be (shoudl have been) done.

branny
Assistant Coach
And1: 28

Post#56 » by branny » Mon Jan 7, 2013 2:13 pm

Bskey wrote:
1UPZ wrote:Nash should request trade.
Gasol too...

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=be2de7m

Do it Mitch.

:lol:
TwentyOne920
Lead Assistant
And1: 129

Re: Dwight, Kobe go at it 

Post#57 » by TwentyOne920 » Mon Jan 7, 2013 2:18 pm

moocow007 wrote:
Ronito wrote:More turmoil for the Lakers.

Source: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baske ... z2HH5n2sC8

A league source told the Daily News that the Lakers stars got into a heated exchange following a New Year’s Day loss to the 76ers, and Bryant went for a low blow – referencing and agreeing with Shaquille O’Neal’s criticisms of Howard being soft.

Howard was restrained from going at his teammate, according to the source, and there have been rumblings from the center’s camp that he’s been unhappy with Bryant since earlier in the season

Pretty much the Irresistible Force Paradox (i.e. "What happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object?") that eventually will build to a head.

The only one right now that might still have a chance to solve this paradox is this man.

This classic gif pretty much says it all as far as what should be (shoudl have been) done.

Phil is focusing on giving Jeanie and not any team a ring, let alone the Lakers.
bertrob wrote:Any casual fan saying anything about Tim Duncan is usually wrong

bobly wrote:Kobe locked up his All Defensive Team this year after he blocked Lebron in the all-star game.
Respect My Mind
Pro Prospect
And1: 16

Post#58 » by Respect My Mind » Mon Jan 7, 2013 2:19 pm

Kobe is a cancer. He's lucky he got someone as submissive as Pau to help him win titles. You see Pau cry like a battered housewife after the finals?
DwayneSchintzus
Rookie
And1: 1,455

Post#59 » by DwayneSchintzus » Mon Jan 7, 2013 2:22 pm

I don't get it...what's the problem...he only said he didn't want to go to the Lakers oh, about SIX MILLION FREAKING TIMES.

Then they traded for him anyway lol.
These are the opinions of one lifelong Spurs fan, nothing more
Apathy
Banned User
And1: 39

Post#60 » by Apathy » Mon Jan 7, 2013 2:22 pm

Yup. Clearly the LAL mojo is imploding, management included. How could you not throw the moon at Phil? I like D'Antoni but I am tired of defending him. He's a good coach, but come on, we're taumbout Phil Jackson.

Return to The General Board