Bargani booed every time he enters game

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

bigbadstevenson
Banned User
And1: 365

Re: Bargani booed every time he enters game 

Post#21 » by bigbadstevenson » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:01 am

Illuminati_ wrote:This notion of rebounding is ridiculous as well as the fabricated lies about his defense.

Numbers will always be major influences on some fans. Bargnani doesn't fight his teammates for free rebounds, which doesn't help him in the minds of these fans, and he's rarely in position to offensive rebound because of his offensive role and probably the team's defensive transition policies. There are definitely ways a player can contribute to rebounding without grabbing the ball himself. A better measure would be the percentage of rebounds a team gets when a certain player is on the floor. With all of these qualifiers, I still don't think that Bargnani is a good rebounder, but it's certainly not strictly linked to his averages. He doesn't always make an effort and when he does, it's just not very effectual. He rarely succeeds in grabbing a rebound in traffic.

Defensively, he's actually good in the post and isn't a problem when he's engaged. The problem is that he takes plays off all the time in any kind of help situation. I guess people should take this with a grain of salt because I'm not prepared with video evidence, but I'm not sure what you mean about the fabrications about his defense.
Bravenewworld
Lead Assistant
And1: 934

Post#22 » by Bravenewworld » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:01 am

Its about time people realized Bargs is crap. Ive been preaching for the Craptors to ditch him for years. Every time you suggested this to a Craptors fan though, they got defensive and/or suggested that his trade value was insanely high..
"Duhh.... we wont take anything less then Danny Granger for Bargs"..... ya, sure, because everyone is clamoring for a 7 foot SF who plays zero defense and gets out rebounded by almost every point guard in the NBA.
Inevitable
RealGM
And1: 134,630

Post#23 » by Inevitable » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:04 am

Bravenewworld wrote:Its about time people realized Bargs is crap. Ive been preaching for the Craptors to ditch him for years. Every time you suggested this to a Craptors fan though, they got defensive and/or suggested that his trade value was insanely high..
"Duhh.... we wont take anything less then Danny Granger for Bargs"..... ya, sure, because everyone is clamoring for a 7 foot SF who plays zero defense and gets out rebounded by almost every point guard in the NBA.

You didn't need to write a whole paragraph to say the Raptors and Bargnani are bad.
sca
Head Coach
And1: 9,172

Post#24 » by sca » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:04 am

Our fans are (Please Use More Appropriate Word). This is the textbook example of how the media is controlling the public. Bargnani has been exactly the same player since he broke up in January 2009. Now that they no longer need him, they've somehow decided it's OK to alienate him. Now it's cool to boo him, hate him or whatever amongst casual fans.

The thing is, he'll never become a good help defender or rebounder. Those are some fundamental aspects of basketball, you don't suddenly get better at them when you're 28. Blaming Bargnani for them is like blaming John Lucas for being undersized. Meanwhile, his man defense has been excellent this year and he's still a legitimate threat to score from up to 25 feet anytime. He's actually in a great situation in this new team structure. He can come off the bench when Gay, DeRozan and Lowry are resting & have some plays run for him without having the burden of being the number one option. Here's the thing: even our second unit is running no plays for him right now. He just stands behind the three point line while Lucas and Anderson chuck shot after shot. He needs to get the ball in the post, but that's another story. That's on the coach right now.

I by no means am a Bargnani apologist but suddenly turning on him just because we don't depend on him anymore is just plain stupid.
RaptorsLife on Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:45 pm wrote:
nabbs wrote:
RaptorsLife wrote:Nurse can’t be our head coach

Why not? Who is your choice?

Def Messina

RaptorsLife on Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:31 pm wrote:Messina sucks
panthermark
RealGM
And1: 3,512

Post#25 » by panthermark » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:05 am

Bravenewworld wrote:Its about time people realized Bargs is crap. Ive been preaching for the Craptors to ditch him for years. Every time you suggested this to a Craptors fan though, they got defensive and/or suggested that his trade value was insanely high..

:noway:
Maybe it is the "Craptors" comments?
Jealousy is a sickness.......get well soon....
Sony17
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#26 » by Sony17 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:07 am

LeBronNextMJ wrote:He is what Blatche was to the Wizards.

Bargnani vs. Blatche :D
CoachPop
Junior
And1: 126

Post#27 » by CoachPop » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:09 am

momo124 wrote:Correction we are so much better when he isn't forced to be the first option. What we were doing before his injury is akin to throwing the ball to bonner at the arc, clearing out one side and telling him to 'create' every other play. We treated him like Nowitzki but he isn't and the fans don't understand that.

Oh my god, my heart goes out to you guys then. Seriously, no ****, that's like about the worst thing I could imagine as a basketball fan. I now know how the 'other half' lives. :cry:

COY0607 wrote:
Owned.. ignorant spurs fans

:lol: In the real world being ignorant of the Rap is a sign of intelligence.
Bravenewworld
Lead Assistant
And1: 934

Post#28 » by Bravenewworld » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:15 am

panthermark wrote:

The team pisses me off. And its not that i have anything against them as an NBA team, i just cannot respect the franchise. They take talented players and freaking waste them for the first 2-8 years of their career with no hope of improving the roster in an attempt to actually make the play-offs. Imagine what Calderon could be doing right now had they traded him years ago, or if they had team trainers who actually showed DeRozan how to make a 3 point shot.
Now granted, they did bring in Gay which was a good move and maybe they can learn from this whole Bargs thing.... personally i learned from Bargs before he was drafted and could not understand why they took him and jerked him off for so long but whatever.
I dunno, if the organization improves then more power to them. But for now, as i see it, they are worse then a DLeague team for the simple fact that these players cannot be called up to a respectable team and actually do something with their NBA careers.
DatBoiCapspace
Sixth Man
And1: 160

Post#29 » by DatBoiCapspace » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:52 am

Bravenewworld wrote:
panthermark wrote:

The team pisses me off. And its not that i have anything against them as an NBA team, i just cannot respect the franchise. They take talented players and freaking waste them for the first 2-8 years of their career with no hope of improving the roster in an attempt to actually make the play-offs. Imagine what Calderon could be doing right now had they traded him years ago, or if they had team trainers who actually showed DeRozan how to make a 3 point shot.
Now granted, they did bring in Gay which was a good move and maybe they can learn from this whole Bargs thing.... personally i learned from Bargs before he was drafted and could not understand why they took him and jerked him off for so long but whatever.
I dunno, if the organization improves then more power to them. But for now, as i see it, they are worse then a DLeague team for the simple fact that these players cannot be called up to a respectable team and actually do something with their NBA careers.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/2013 ... o_raptors/

You mad bro?
"I've never seen a sports market appreciate cap space more than Toronto. Cap space is like a human being to us" - Sid Seixeiro

"Cap space can't rebound, it can't make shots"- Paul Jones

Preach.
RTran85
Senior
And1: 557

Post#30 » by RTran85 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:56 am

Green Backpack wrote:It's probably messing with his game right now, and the deadline has passed so he's here for the rest of the season. I wish the fans wouldn't boo him, even though I know he's been frustrating for fans. Basically agree with what Jack Armstrong (raps commentator) was saying.

Don't boo him? You know Toronto fans are passionate and if you suck which he does then he deserves the scrutiny from the fans and media. You need to have a strong mind to play in this market. Bargnani is soft and deserves every boo that's coming to him.
RTran85
Senior
And1: 557

Post#31 » by RTran85 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:59 am

bigbadstevenson wrote:
Green Backpack wrote:It's probably messing with his game right now, and the deadline has passed so he's here for the rest of the season. I wish the fans wouldn't boo him, even though I know he's been frustrating for fans. Basically agree with what Jack Armstrong (raps commentator) was saying.

If you have to explain to people who Jack Armstrong is, you can bet that they don't know what he said tonight. What did he say? I tend to tune him out. All I heard from him tonight was that he used to gang-beat fans who ran onto the field when he was a security guard some place. But it was in the 80s so it was fine.

Jack Armstrong is an idiot too. I can't stand his commentating. Basically he's telling the fans of Toronto to stop booing which is killing his confidence as you can see in his body language. The booing will continue as long as Bargnani is on this team.
sp6r=underrated
RealGM
And1: 8,534

Post#32 » by sp6r=underrated » Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:03 am

All great men, whether a Jesus or a Mussolini, have to live through moments when they are abandon by the masses they seek to lead so Bargnani has to know on some level that he is not the first nor will he be the last to endure this. At the very least he can take solace in the fact that he faces neither crucifixion or this:

sca
Head Coach

Post#33 » by sca » Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:07 am

RTran85 wrote:

Don't boo him? You know Toronto fans are passionate and if you suck which he does then he deserves the scrutiny from the fans and media. You need to have a strong mind to play in this market. Bargnani is soft and deserves every boo that's coming to him.

I didn't even understand how did you jump to this conclusion.
nabbs wrote:

Def Messina

sca
Head Coach

Post#34 » by sca » Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:10 am

RTran85 wrote:
bigbadstevenson wrote:

If you have to explain to people who Jack Armstrong is, you can bet that they don't know what he said tonight. What did he say? I tend to tune him out. All I heard from him tonight was that he used to gang-beat fans who ran onto the field when he was a security guard some place. But it was in the 80s so it was fine.

Jack Armstrong is an idiot too. I can't stand his commentating. Basically he's telling the fans of Toronto to stop booing which is killing his confidence as you can see in his body language. The booing will continue as long as Bargnani is on this team.

There's no rational argument behind booing. What the hell do you gain by booing your own player? This is stupid.
nabbs wrote:

Def Messina

Swift924
Sixth Man
And1: 14

Post#35 » by Swift924 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:13 am

Raps booing Bargs similar to how Yank fans once turned on Jeter spoiled fans dont know how good they have it

:wink:
Ice Trae
RealGM
And1: 10,923

Post#36 » by Ice Trae » Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:13 am

isn't that taking it too far? He does suck but its not his fault he got drafted where he did. Has to be depressing when your own fans are booing you
Chalk1
Rookie
And1: 398

Post#37 » by Chalk1 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:15 am

How dumb, booing your own team.

Karma's a bitch.
durden_tyler
RealGM
And1: 6,509

Post#38 » by durden_tyler » Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:17 am

That's why Raps fans are the greatest.
If there is no basketball in heaven, i am not going.
Swift924
Sixth Man
And1: 14

Post#39 » by Swift924 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:19 am

Chalk1 wrote:How dumb, booing your own team.

Karma's a bitch.

That is a little absurd. You have the right as a fan to criticize a player on your team or boo. You pay good money to see these athletes you have every right to boo.
Sn0wman
Banned User
And1: 5,803

Post#40 » by Sn0wman » Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:20 am

I can see why Raps fans booed his a**, up until now dude has been a complete bust, playing very poorly, missing so many shots, he used to hit those open 3's now he can't even do that. I think most fans are just sick and tired of this guy, it's simple play better and you won't get booed. I just hope this guy taps into Godnani mode, comes off the bench and actually plays good basketball. He should take all the boo's as motivation imo

Return to The General Board