Jeremy Lin is fast as hell

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Torres
Sixth Man
And1: 1,156

Re: Jeremy Lin is fast as hell 

Post#81 » by Torres » Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:18 am

Bully6789 wrote:Lin so fast yet he can't guard anyone in the NBA

Want to back up your statement? How can he not guard anyone?

Sure Lin is not an athletic-freak, but Lin is in no way a scrub defender.

Saw this on youtube:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hmh9Q4Mx73I[/youtube]

Not proof that he's not a bad defender, but shows that he CAN play defense despite popular belief.
Image Image
Bully6789
Senior
And1: 26

Post#82 » by Bully6789 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:20 am

Maybe you need to watch him against the top guards other than trying to say he can guard he is a bum on defense. If he is so good why is Houston trying to get rid of him.
NickAnderson
General Manager
And1: 2,922

Post#83 » by NickAnderson » Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:30 am

Don't be useless
TheChosen618
Analyst
And1: 636

Post#84 » by TheChosen618 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:34 am

Bully6789 wrote: If he is so good why is Houston trying to get rid of him.

They're not. Morey just stated that they have no plans to trade either Lin or Asik.

Go look at the ticker on RealGM above you. :lol:
"Never say never, because limits, like fears, are often just an illusion." - Michael Jordan
Bully6789
Senior

Post#85 » by Bully6789 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:37 am

Yea I read that but the reason he is saying that now is because nobody wants to take on that salary that both Lin and Asik have coming in 14-15 season. In fact Lin won't even be starting for them next season it will be Beverly at the point Lin will be coming off the wood
H20FAN
Bench Warmer
And1: 389

Post#86 » by H20FAN » Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:45 am

Lin has decent speed but he's not nearly athletic as the average nba point guard. But I'll still take him over felton
They call me hadoken because i'm down right fierce
DoubleLintendre
Assistant Coach
And1: 8,621

Post#87 » by DoubleLintendre » Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:01 am

Massimo wrote:
Lin Your Face wrote:He was finally starting to be properly rated, but then he played hurt during the playoffs and I'm expecting Beverly to prove he's legit next season and to show that he was underestimated and Lin around the 16th-20th best PG in the league (not that I have a list)

Let's see.

Bledsoe, Calderon, Conley, Curry, Chalmers, Dragic, Hill, Holiday, Jack, Irving, Lawson, Lillard, Andre Miller, Nash, Parker, Paul, Rondo, Rose, Rubio, Wall, Westbrook, Williams.

In my opinion, these players are way better than Lin.

There are also some players that are on the same level with Lin such as; Kemba Walker, Mo Williams, Vasquez, Jeff Teague, Stuckey, Nate Robinson, Prigioni, Nelson, Lowry, Reggie Jackson, Jennings, Harris, Felton etc etc. I can't say Lin is better these players as well. They are just equal. So I have no clue how people put Jeremy Lin within top 20 PGs.

Lol? How did you come up with this list?

Stuckey is not a point guard. Brandon Jennings is as good as Pablo Prigoni (a 3rd string point guard), who is on the same level as Jeremy Lin? Andre Miller is a top 20 point guard?

Was this kind of a "players who pass my eye test" type of thing?

Not that I love Jeremy Lin or anything, but he's at least good enough to start. He is not Pablo Prigoni caliber. And I really can't see how Jose Calderon or George Hill is way better than Jeremy Lin.
kdthunderup
Pro Prospect
And1: 535

Post#88 » by kdthunderup » Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:07 am

miltk wrote:that sport science program on espn already did some numbers on lin...like the quickness of his release, spin move etc etc... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dt4trJ5GGLs but for some reason he's kinda easy to tie up.

He doesnt have elite handles like Rose, Westbrook, Wall etc

Someone like Irving who isnt athletic as Lin but just because of his elite handles is better at getting into the lane
barborous
Sixth Man
And1: 269

Post#89 » by barborous » Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:10 am

Massimo wrote:Then tell me who is worse than Lin in my list?

I honestly can't believe you're not trolling. Like, it'd be one thing if you were obviously a homer of some specific team, or if you obviously preferred one specific style of PG/player, or were just underrating Lin, but some of the choices on that list are just inexplicable - as in, even if you were just trying to discredit Lin, you could have picked much better PGs to do so. Wow. I feel giving it a player-by-player response would be lending it too much dignity.
Winseb
Junior
And1: 101

Post#90 » by Winseb » Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:14 am

Bully6789 wrote:Maybe you need to watch him against the top guards other than trying to say he can guard he is a bum on defense. If he is so good why is Houston trying to get rid of him.

So because he can't lock down top PGs he's a bum on defense? Image
GreatWhiteStiff
RealGM
And1: 12,414

Post#91 » by GreatWhiteStiff » Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:14 am

Massimo wrote:Lin is just a bad player. Probably out of top 25 PG in the league. Except being Asian he is just overrated and a bad player.

good argument: "lin is bad, some people think he is good because he is azn,, but he's not." What grade are we in again?

Let's playin for 9th!

"OG puts the clamps on point guards like Trae Young." -DelAbbot
TheChosen618
Analyst
And1: 636

Post#92 » by TheChosen618 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:16 am

Bully6789 wrote:In fact Lin won't even be starting for them next season it will be Beverly at the point Lin will be coming off the wood

And this is based on what?

Lin will be the starting PG for the team and will be the PG that gets the majority of the minutes. At the worst, Lin will get the 6th man role, but he's clearly the better PG of the team and will clearly get the most playing time at the PG position.
"Never say never, because limits, like fears, are often just an illusion." - Michael Jordan
orange_juice32
Bench Warmer
And1: 290

Post#93 » by orange_juice32 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:35 am

This dude said Pablo Prigioni is on the same level as Jeremy Lin :lol:

Next he's probably going to bring up Prigioni's gold medal as evidence for why :lol: :lol:
AustinRiversGod
Senior
And1: 1,511

Post#94 » by AustinRiversGod » Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:52 am

Massimo wrote:
Lin Your Face wrote:He was finally starting to be properly rated, but then he played hurt during the playoffs and I'm expecting Beverly to prove he's legit next season and to show that he was underestimated and Lin around the 16th-20th best PG in the league (not that I have a list)

Let's see.

Bledsoe, Calderon, Conley, Curry, Chalmers, Dragic, Hill, Holiday, Jack, Irving, Lawson, Lillard, Andre Miller, Nash, Parker, Paul, Rondo, Rose, Rubio, Wall, Westbrook, Williams.

In my opinion, these players are way better than Lin.

There are also some players that are on the same level with Lin such as; Kemba Walker, Mo Williams, Vasquez, Jeff Teague, Stuckey, Nate Robinson, Prigioni, Nelson, Lowry, Reggie Jackson, Jennings, Harris, Felton etc etc. I can't say Lin is better these players as well. They are just equal. So I have no clue how people put Jeremy Lin within top 20 PGs.

What is this
GiannisIce
Sophomore
And1: 10

Post#95 » by GiannisIce » Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:02 am

I always thought that if somehow the Spurs had chosen to pick him up after he left the Warriors, he could develop into an incredible player next to Parker, learning from him, and finding ways to best implement his speed.
Right now i think that the situation he is in somewhat hinders his overall development.
Still, a nice player as 4th or 5th option on a good team.
Kupchak9
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,492

Post#96 » by Kupchak9 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:10 am

People's perception of Lin will change when the Rockets become a top tier team this season. Thats just the flow of media. When the Rockets are a top 5 team people are going to say Lin is definitely a top 15 point guard.
Bully6789
Senior

Post#97 » by Bully6789 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:02 pm

@H20fan
Over Felton I don't even care about that selection it appears that the Knicks would have did the same thing but Lin did what most NBA players would do he took the money and ran for Houston. I still say NY would have been his best place he could have easily made more money in NY off the court
kakaman
Banned User
And1: 665

Post#98 » by kakaman » Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:20 pm

Kupchak9 wrote:People's perception of Lin will change when the Rockets become a top tier team this season. Thats just the flow of media. When the Rockets are a top 5 team people are going to say Lin is definitely a top 15 point guard.

Not sure anyone thinks Chalmers is a top 15 PG (except maybe himself)
Durant Durant
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,094

Post#99 » by Durant Durant » Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:30 pm

he doesn't need to be Linsanity in the current Rockets lineup. If he passes the ball to Harden early enough so he can milk the clock before going 3-on-1, or make Dwight catch the ball on a PnR, he'll be worth it...
No no yes yes
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,354

Post#100 » by nate33 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:34 pm

PG's unquestionably better than Lin
Paul
Parker
Westbrook
Rose
Curry
Wall
Irving
Rondo
Lawson
Lillard
Conley
Holiday
D.Williams

PG's probably a bit better than Lin:
Lowry
Felton
Hill
Teague
Bledsoe

PG's in the same general tier as Lin
Nash
Dragic
Vasquez
Walker
Collison
Rubio
Hinrich
Jack

That puts Lin somewhere in the 18-28 range.

Return to The General Board