Kobe and JOrdan Identical Plays Part 2

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Tee212
Lead Assistant
And1: 423

Re: Kobe and JOrdan Identical Plays Part 2 

Post#21 » by Tee212 » Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:32 pm

amazing that kobe does the same and more with a weaker/slower body WITH smaller HANDS. by more i mean he does the pump fake reverse pivot fade away shot that mj never had....remarkable.
rizkid92
Senior
And1: 253

Post#22 » by rizkid92 » Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:41 pm

Optms wrote:Kyrie Irving (offensively) gives me hope that at least some young guys coming up are intelligent enough to understand the game isn't just all handles and jump shots.

Did you just say that and cite a guard with one of the best jumpshot/handles combination in the NBA? :-?
druggas
Head Coach
And1: 5,145

Post#23 » by druggas » Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:59 pm

Amazing! Both are treasures that we will miss when they're both gone from the NBA.
mitrandil20
Bench Warmer
And1: 524

Post#24 » by mitrandil20 » Sat Aug 10, 2013 3:15 pm

Tee212 wrote:amazing that kobe does the same and more with a weaker/slower body WITH smaller HANDS. by more i mean he does the pump fake reverse pivot fade away shot that mj never had....remarkable.

If I comprehend correctly the move, I swear I saw Jordan do that move more than once.
can you please provide a video of the move?

if i saw it i saw it in one of these
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfSftZvpHJg[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-VcA2QZEFU[/youtube]
dundundun
Bench Warmer
And1: 86

Post#25 » by dundundun » Sat Aug 10, 2013 3:22 pm

Oh man Kobe is such a loser. What kind of kid mirrors their game after the best/most popular player in the NBA?
JellosJigglin
RealGM
And1: 9,400

Post#26 » by JellosJigglin » Sat Aug 10, 2013 3:54 pm

This will come as a shock to many of you, but those moves were around before MJ. Watching these two play basketball has been a privilege. They're like poetry in motion.
RIP BASKETBALL REASONS (DEC 8TH 2011 - OCT 11TH 2020)
ShowTimeERA
Assistant Coach
And1: 208

Post#27 » by ShowTimeERA » Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:24 pm

JellosJigglin wrote:This will come as a shock to many of you, but those moves were around before MJ. Watching these two play basketball has been a privilege. They're like poetry in motion.

What's funny is that this is post-prime Kobe, when his lift had severely declined and his fingers/hands were mangled...07-08 Kobe from a standpoint of "basketball poetry" was a privilege to watch...
Lamak
Assistant Coach
And1: 704

Post#28 » by Lamak » Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:22 pm

Their moves are pretty similar, but we all know Kobe most likely watched hundreds of hours watching Jordan film.
Brooklyn Nets
alebaba
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,366

Post#29 » by alebaba » Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:17 pm

Tee212 wrote:amazing that kobe does the same and more with a weaker/slower body WITH smaller HANDS. by more i mean he does the pump fake reverse pivot fade away shot that mj never had....remarkable.

Is this a joke? go watch Jordan when he was in his wizard days
Shem
RealGM
And1: 3,324

Post#30 » by Shem » Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:27 pm

What I think is funny (and I wished I had a link to it from a couple of years ago) that Kobe claims he hasn't watched film on Jordan since '99.
April 4, 2014:
HotrodBeaubois wrote:I never said Dallas was good as Portland

Earlier on December 8, 2013:
HotrodBeaubois wrote:That's the Whole Point Portland is No better than Dallas
mvpshaq32
Starter
And1: 2,265

Post#31 » by mvpshaq32 » Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:15 pm

Lamak wrote:Their moves are pretty similar, but we all know Kobe most likely watched hundreds of hours watching Jordan film.

Sounds like he recorded and watched himself watching Jordan footage. :lol:

Not surprised if he does!
Ettorefm
Head Coach
And1: 5,260

Post#32 » by Ettorefm » Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:53 pm

Kobe is the better shooter and post player, not a single question about that. But that's it
bagsboy wrote:For two hundred years Democrats stole the productive output of slaves and now they seek to enrich themselves with the productive output from the 'rich'. First, Republicans needed to end slavery and next they need to fix taxation with a flat fair tax.
LLJ
RealGM
And1: 17,216

Post#33 » by LLJ » Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:42 pm

These videos always make me LOL. Kobe is such a good mimic.
Tee212
Lead Assistant
And1: 423

Post#34 » by Tee212 » Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:46 pm

mitrandil20 wrote:

If I comprehend correctly the move, I swear I saw Jordan do that move more than once.

[YouTube]dgmSsjixXk8[/YouTube]

he used this move many many times and mostly importantly in the ny game scored 60 i think. he also added the dirk one legged fall away which i never seen mj do. those pump fakes revserse pivot allows and opens him up for throw against the backboard for the follow up dunks or layup.

I tried watching your mj clips but i got bored after 10 swing left fade away shot right..thats seeming his bread and butter move. also his hook shots are almost non existent.

alebaba wrote:

Is this a joke? go watch Jordan when he was in his wizard days

show us
SpeedyG
RealGM
And1: 1,310

Post#35 » by SpeedyG » Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:52 pm

Optms wrote:Players are too dumb to play like Jordan. Jordan's game was poetry in motion. A testament to hard and innovative work, particularly his later years.

Kyrie Irving (offensively) gives me hope that at least some young guys coming up are intelligent enough to understand the game isn't just all handles and jump shots.

I understand what you're trying to say...but that example is bad because when you think of Kyrie...you think of two things: sick handles and sweet jump shots :lol:
Bless the man if his heart and his land are one ~ FrancisM, R.I.P. 3/6/09
mitrandil20
Bench Warmer
And1: 524

Post#36 » by mitrandil20 » Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:36 am

Tee212 wrote:
Spoiler:
mitrandil20 wrote:

[YouTube]dgmSsjixXk8[/YouTube]

he used this move many many times and mostly importantly in the ny game scored 60 i think. he also added the dirk one legged fall away which i never seen mj do. those pump fakes revserse pivot allows and opens him up for throw against the backboard for the follow up dunks or layup.

I tried watching your mj clips but i got bored after 10 swing left fade away shot right..thats seeming his bread and butter move. also his hook shots are almost non existent.

First video.
0:56-57, not as polished, but that's the move.
5:11, that's the move.
13:51
i didnt want to re-watch the 2nd video.

Also, the video shows how great was MJ with his pivot foot, with pump fakes, dream shakes, reading opponents in a millisecond. He was like he reached the ultimate comprehension and practice of Dao of basketball played in the post.
Jordan was a master of pump fakes and creating space with them.
Also, I dont think he needed a hook shot, otherwise he would have learnt it; he just had goat body control and goat ball control with his hand in air.
I saw Kobe do the Dirk-one leg jumpshot only once, but this might be me missing other videos...
TheBathinApe
Rookie
And1: 170

Post#37 » by TheBathinApe » Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:32 am

Is this a joke?

They both have thousands of hours of game time and play the same position. There is a finite number of moves they can make, they obviously are going to share many similarities, how does this video prove anything?

Most of the video is them taking fadeaways and pull up jump shots, two common moves in basketball.
theFRANCHISE
Sixth Man
And1: 354

Post#38 » by theFRANCHISE » Sun Aug 11, 2013 6:12 am

Kobe has learned a lot from studying Michael’s tricks, and we often used him as our secret weapon on defense when we needed to turn the direction of a game. In general, Kobe tends to rely more heavily on his flexibility and craftiness, but he takes a lot of gambles on defense and sometimes pays the price.”

“Michael was more likely to break through his attackers with power and strength, while Kobe often tries to finesse his way through mass pileups,” Jackson wrote. “Michael was stronger, with bigger shoulders and a sturdier frame. He also had large hands that allowed him to control the ball better and make subtle fakes.

“Jordan was also more naturally inclined to let the game come to him and not overplay his hand, whereas Kobe tends to force the action, especially when the game isn’t going his way. When his shot is off, Kobe will pound away relentlessly until his luck turns. Michael, on the other hand, would shift his attention to defense or passing or setting screens to help the team win the game.”

excerpt from Phil Jackson's recent book.
"You could call it with braille!" - Chick Hearn
ClayDavis
Head Coach
And1: 104

Post#39 » by ClayDavis » Sun Aug 11, 2013 6:19 am

Rasho_libre wrote:
ClayDavis wrote:kobe missed the biggest thing to copy. his health

What? Kobe's health been amazing, few nicks here and there. The Achilles was truly his first real injury. The knees was up and down but for the most part he faced a little better luck on that knee department compared to other super athletic guards. Of course alot of is due to his work ethic.

huh? he's had a shoulder problem, dislolcated fingers, fractured fingers, torn ligament in his wrist, knuckle tendinitis, played on one leg in the threepeat attempt. just cause he plays doesnt mean he was anything close to healthy
Rasho_libre
Analyst
And1: 1,252

Post#40 » by Rasho_libre » Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:06 am

theFRANCHISE wrote:
Kobe has learned a lot from studying Michael’s tricks, and we often used him as our secret weapon on defense when we needed to turn the direction of a game. In general, Kobe tends to rely more heavily on his flexibility and craftiness, but he takes a lot of gambles on defense and sometimes pays the price.”

“Michael was more likely to break through his attackers with power and strength, while Kobe often tries to finesse his way through mass pileups,” Jackson wrote. “Michael was stronger, with bigger shoulders and a sturdier frame. He also had large hands that allowed him to control the ball better and make subtle fakes.

“Jordan was also more naturally inclined to let the game come to him and not overplay his hand, whereas Kobe tends to force the action, especially when the game isn’t going his way. When his shot is off, Kobe will pound away relentlessly until his luck turns. Michael, on the other hand, would shift his attention to defense or passing or setting screens to help the team win the game.”

excerpt from Phil Jackson's recent book.

Hmmm. Kinda sounds like the difference between Lebron and Kobe, maybe Kobe took this whole being MJ thing a bit too far.

Return to The General Board