More floppin'

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Greyhound
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,722

Re: More floppin' 

Post#21 » by Greyhound » Wed Feb 5, 2014 3:39 am

Those were two legit elbows hits to the head and face. The second of which appeared to be more forceful in other angles of the replay.

Was the contact reaction embellished a bit (?)... Perhaps.

The right play would have been to eat the elbows (I guess)..
Never mind that the perceived flop was called a foul (either that or Violet Palmer thought James' face fouled the other players elbow). That only gets in the way of the cheating narrative.

Hopefully James gets his flop game back in 2012 form. He has been eating a lot of contact this season. Funny enough, nobody makes video posts on his behalf for that.

-------

The entire evolution of flopping I find fascinating. In the good old days when the art form was pioneered by the likes of Vlade, Manu, Sabonis and other euros, it was viewed as a smart, crafty veteran move. When the foreign teams were defeating the US teams at the World and Olympic games (while flopping to the high heavens)... Not so much as a word from these "purists" who fain disgust at the thought of flopping.
Once the US born players incorporated it into their games, it becomes a public outcry. Only for certain players however. For the liked players (Durant) who constantly flail their arms around, it is called "selling". For the disliked players (James), selling an actual elbow to the face is not masked as "selling", it is labeled a flop.
Don't believe the hype...
Harmoo
Banned User
And1: 526

Post#22 » by Harmoo » Wed Feb 5, 2014 4:45 am

Zo-Zo Ma wrote:
AirP. wrote:
Zo-Zo Ma wrote:So Lebron displays "a complete lack of competitive integrity" because of a few flops? K

Sure it sucks their is so much flopping in todays NBA, but is Lebron to blame? Is he the lead culprit here because he's caught flopping once i awhile? Or is it just because his name is LEBRON JAMES?

I think it's because he does it a lot.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8rGCH_HRdQ[/youtube]

okay I get it. people make compilations of Lebron flopping. I'm saying you could do this with any player. It's just more fun to focus on LBJ since 50% of basketball fans hate him.

I'm not saying I enjoy watching flops. But Lebron gets the Shaq treatment. Smacked around every night but too strong for the refs to notice it half the time, so he 'exaggerates' contact sometimes to force a call. AGAIN, I wish it wasn't this way, but it makes sense

Why don't you drop the victim-complex ? Lebron is considered the best player in the game, and thus he is also the embodiment of what the NBA stands for.

How was Lebron "getting smacked" around in that .gif? He was trying to guard a player much bigger and stronger then himself, and was losing the contest. Lebron resorted to flopping(i.e. cheating) in order to gain the advantage. Pretending you were hit in the face in order to gain a favorable whistle, is cheating, James does it, and is a cheater.

And just for your information, it would be impossible for you to make a flop mixtape of Derrick Rose. Some players actually have integrity and self-respect.
Zo-Zo Ma
Pro Prospect
And1: 492

Post#23 » by Zo-Zo Ma » Wed Feb 5, 2014 5:19 am

Harmoo wrote:
Zo-Zo Ma wrote:
AirP. wrote:
I think it's because he does it a lot.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8rGCH_HRdQ[/youtube]

okay I get it. people make compilations of Lebron flopping. I'm saying you could do this with any player. It's just more fun to focus on LBJ since 50% of basketball fans hate him.

I'm not saying I enjoy watching flops. But Lebron gets the Shaq treatment. Smacked around every night but too strong for the refs to notice it half the time, so he 'exaggerates' contact sometimes to force a call. AGAIN, I wish it wasn't this way, but it makes sense

Why don't you drop the victim-complex ? Lebron is considered the best player in the game, and thus he is also the embodiment of what the NBA stands for.

How was Lebron "getting smacked" around in that .gif? He was trying to guard a player much bigger and stronger then himself, and was losing the contest. Lebron resorted to flopping(i.e. cheating) in order to gain the advantage. Pretending you were hit in the face in order to gain a favorable whistle, is cheating, James does it, and is a cheater.

And just for your information, it would be impossible for you to make a flop mixtape of Derrick Rose. Some players actually have integrity and self-respect.

"And just for your information, it would be impossible for you to make a flop mixtape of Derrick Rose" :roll:

that's because he's been in a suit for the last 2 years

here's 2 flops from your GOLDEN BOY the last time he played a "significant" NBA game

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suL1p30YVvE&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]
"pot tastes like dirt and worms"
Darkstar77
Pro Prospect
And1: 468

Post#24 » by Darkstar77 » Wed Feb 5, 2014 5:39 am

I think it's a testament to how good Lebron is that one of the only things people can criticize him about is his flopping.
Bubstubbler
Starter
And1: 755

Post#25 » by Bubstubbler » Wed Feb 5, 2014 5:43 am

LeBron's ok, but Marcus Smart is an innovator. Witness the next level of flopping, the Double Flop:

Gwynplaine
Banned User
And1: 903

Post#26 » by Gwynplaine » Wed Feb 5, 2014 7:56 am

Panty Raider wrote:Those were two legit elbows hits to the head and face. The second of which appeared to be more forceful in other angles of the replay.

Was the contact reaction embellished a bit (?)... Perhaps.

The right play would have been to eat the elbows (I guess)..
Never mind that the perceived flop was called a foul (either that or Violet Palmer thought James' face fouled the other players elbow). That only gets in the way of the cheating narrative.

Hopefully James gets his flop game back in 2012 form. He has been eating a lot of contact this season. Funny enough, nobody makes video posts on his behalf for that.

-------

The entire evolution of flopping I find fascinating. In the good old days when the art form was pioneered by the likes of Vlade, Manu, Sabonis and other euros, it was viewed as a smart, crafty veteran move. When the foreign teams were defeating the US teams at the World and Olympic games (while flopping to the high heavens)... Not so much as a word from these "purists" who fain disgust at the thought of flopping.
Once the US born players incorporated it into their games, it becomes a public outcry. Only for certain players however. For the liked players (Durant) who constantly flail their arms around, it is called "selling". For the disliked players (James), selling an actual elbow to the face is not masked as "selling", it is labeled a flop.

I can't believe this is a thread. It's alarmingly stupid.

Not only did the OP and other posters not realize that the foul was on Lebron, they have passed judgements without actually watching the game and looking at a slowed down GIF that makes it look nothing like real time.

If Greg Monroe's Elbow hits your head twice you jerk back in real time, with a good majority of us holding onto our face and probably sitting out the next 5 mintues. Of-course when its slowed down to focus on the reaction time, its funnier and easier to label it a flop and **** on LeBron for a couple of days.

PATHETIC
Gwynplaine
Banned User

Post#27 » by Gwynplaine » Wed Feb 5, 2014 7:58 am

Bubstubbler wrote:LeBron's ok, but Marcus Smart is an innovator. Witness the next level of flopping, the Double Flop:

I don't mean to criticize you here nor is this specifically directed at you.
but again.. The first snap is an embellishment, but he second the one is a FLOP??? In what world? The player is out of balance and a shoulder meets his face pretty clearly.

Slowed down GIFs do not represent real time situations.

Social Media is going to be the death of us all.
Sharcm1
Veteran
And1: 688

Post#28 » by Sharcm1 » Wed Feb 5, 2014 12:18 pm

So with the nba flopping rules, why hasn't lebron been fined yet for flopping. cause he flops in every game.
j-ragg
RealGM
And1: 11,652

Post#29 » by j-ragg » Wed Feb 5, 2014 12:48 pm

“It’s kind of the same as when people said I was overrated, I have the same response,” James said. “I don’t need to flop. I play an aggressive game but I don’t flop. I’ve never been one of those guys. I don’t need to flop. I don’t even know how to do it. So it doesn’t mean much to me.”

:lol:
BadMofoPimp wrote:Durant thinks Vooch is one of the Best Centers in the NBA. I will take his word over a couch-GM yelling at a TV.
RSCD3_
RealGM
And1: 7,278

Post#30 » by RSCD3_ » Wed Feb 5, 2014 12:49 pm

Getting whacked in the head by an arm in super slow motion looks like nothing, doesnt mean its invisible to feel

Sent from my SCH-I800 using RealGM Forums mobile app
I came here to do two things: get lost and slice **** up & I'm all out of directions.

Butler removing rearview mirror in his car as a symbol to never look back

Peja Stojakovic wrote:Jimmy butler, with no regard for human life
Gwynplaine
Banned User

Post#31 » by Gwynplaine » Wed Feb 5, 2014 1:48 pm

RSCD3_ wrote:Getting whacked in the head by an arm in super slow motion looks like nothing, doesnt mean its invisible to feel

Sent from my SCH-I800 using RealGM Forums mobile app

People are going to look at the thread title and incorrect statements in the OP's post and post stupid comments without reading through the rest of the thread (Eg. The 2 comments before yours). Nothings going to change that.
JrueHK
Senior
And1: 451

Post#32 » by JrueHK » Wed Feb 5, 2014 3:15 pm

1. There was contact.

2. They called a foul on Lebron.

3. Stop crying now.
choppermagic
Starter
And1: 846

Post#33 » by choppermagic » Wed Feb 5, 2014 4:45 pm

Darkstar77 wrote:I think it's a testament to how good Lebron is that one of the only things people can criticize him about is his flopping.

no, it's just the most embarrassing part of his game and becoming part of his legacy LOL
Harmoo
Banned User

Post#34 » by Harmoo » Wed Feb 5, 2014 7:22 pm

Zo-Zo Ma wrote:
"And just for your information, it would be impossible for you to make a flop mixtape of Derrick Rose" :roll:

here's 2 flops from your GOLDEN BOY the last time he played a "significant" NBA game

I get that you're being sarcastic but Rose has played nearly 300 NBA games in his career so far, if he was a flopper there would be more than 2" instances" on youtube.

Now, onto the video, how exactly are either of those flops? I get that you just furiously typed "derrick rose flop!" into youtube search bar and went with the first hit and only hit you could find.

The first play involves Rose barreling into traffic, getting hacked by Lebron with no call, and elevating and finishing while avoiding Joel Anthony's giant paw aiming at his face. How exactly is that a flop by any definition of the word? Heck, Rose didn't even cry to refs after the play begging for the first foul or the alleged "flop"

The second play involves Rose again being hacked by the opposing players with no call, and then Rose is baseline and on his heels, when suddenly Haslem does what just about every player would do in that situation; he bumps Rose in an effort to force him out of bounds.

If you don't like the call, that's fine, it's a soft foul but there is no way it's a flop.

Feel free to find an actual case of flopping from my GOLDEN BOY, as you put it.

JrueHK wrote:1. There was contact.

3. Stop crying now.

1. Damage Control

2. Damage Control

3. Damage Control

Lebron flopped in the .gif, this thread is about the egregious flopping in the league, acting as if it's okay that Lebron flops as long as there was minimal contact or that the refs called an offensive foul is missing the point.
Zo-Zo Ma
Pro Prospect

Post#35 » by Zo-Zo Ma » Wed Feb 5, 2014 7:41 pm

Harmoo wrote:
Zo-Zo Ma wrote:

I get that you're being sarcastic but Rose has played nearly 300 NBA games in his career so far, if he was a flopper there would be more than 2" instances" on youtube.

Now, onto the video, how exactly are either of those flops? I get that you just furiously typed "derrick rose flop!" into youtube search bar and went with the first hit and only hit you could find.

The first play involves Rose barreling into traffic, getting hacked by Lebron with no call, and elevating and finishing while avoiding Joel Anthony's giant paw aiming at his face. How exactly is that a flop by any definition of the word? Heck, Rose didn't even cry to refs after the play begging for the first foul or the alleged "flop"

The second play involves Rose again being hacked by the opposing players with no call, and then Rose is baseline and on his heels, when suddenly Haslem does what just about every player would do in that situation; he bumps Rose in an effort to force him out of bounds.

If you don't like the call, that's fine, it's a soft foul but there is no way it's a flop.

Feel free to find an actual case of flopping from my GOLDEN BOY, as you put it.

JrueHK wrote:1. There was contact.

3. Stop crying now.

1. Damage Control

2. Damage Control

3. Damage Control

Lebron flopped in the .gif, this thread is about the egregious flopping in the league, acting as if it's okay that Lebron flops as long as there was minimal contact or that the refs called an offensive foul is missing the point.

If you really think Rose got hacked on that play and in no way shape or form whipped his head back to exaggerate contact, and Lebron didn't catch an elbow to the jaw in that gif, that's your bias

So Rose's flop is a hack, and lebron gets hit in the jaw but it's a flop(even though the foul was on him)

see how this works? it's always the same

this is why I never get involved in these dumb threads, just people with a jealous bias trying to find ways to **** on the best player in the game for anything they can

pointless.
Harmoo
Banned User

Post#36 » by Harmoo » Wed Feb 5, 2014 8:02 pm

Zo-Zo Ma wrote:

If you really think Rose got hacked on that play and in no way shape or form whipped his head back to exaggerate contact, and Lebron didn't catch an elbow to the jaw in that gif, that's your bias

Why is it always either/or with people? Rose was hacked on that play, this is undeniable. Lebron was hit on that .gif, that is also undeniable.

The difference is, Rose was hacked, and played through the contact and finished (in spectacular fashion) and avoided Anthony's block attempt on his face by moving his head back quickly, he then returned to play defense without crying at the refs for the no-calls.

Lebron, on the other-hand pretended he was struck, snapped his head back in agony, and then once there was a modicum of contact he over-exaggerated it beyond all reasonability and held his mouth as if his tongue was cut off.

So Rose's flop is a hack, and lebron gets hit in the jaw but it's a flop(even though the foul was on him)

"I'm going to pretend that I didn't see Lebron pretend he was hit mere seconds before actually taking some contact"

Really? How intellectually dishonest can you be?

this is why I never get involved in these dumb threads, just people with a jealous bias trying to find ways to **** on the best player in the game for anything they can

pointless

You got me! I'm jealous of Lebron James and that's why I go out of my way to denigrate the wonderful man and I even go as far as to make fake .gifs of the Glorious One pretending he was struck, all in an effort to attempt to dissolve my intense envy for God-King James.

It's not because I enjoy watching basketball and I detest those that cheat and pervert the sport. No, it's purely personal.
Zo-Zo Ma
Pro Prospect

Post#37 » by Zo-Zo Ma » Wed Feb 5, 2014 8:07 pm

You got me! I'm jealous of Lebron James and that's why I go out of my way to denigrate the wonderful man and I even go as far as to make fake .gifs of the Glorious One pretending he was struck, all in an effort to attempt to dissolve my intense envy for God-King James.

It's not because I enjoy watching basketball and I detest those that cheat and pervert the sport. No, it's purely personal

BINGO!

it's obvious you're EXTREMELY bitter about this topic. seems personal

everything else just sounds like whining
Gwynplaine
Banned User

Post#38 » by Gwynplaine » Wed Feb 5, 2014 8:27 pm

Harmoo wrote:
Lebron, on the other-hand pretended he was struck, snapped his head back in agony, and then once there was a modicum of contact he over-exaggerated it beyond all reasonability and held his mouth as if his tongue was cut off.

You're wrong beyond doubt. If you watched the game you wouldn't have any doubt that he was very clearly hit on the head the first time and the Jaw the second time. Not only have you managed to embellish and inflate your arguments beyond comprehension, you also stick to it vehemently without trying to be objective whereas you have no problem in defending Derrick Rose like he is the saviour of mankind. Save these attempts to convince 8 year olds. Your agenda couldn't be more obvious.
Harmoo
Banned User

Post#39 » by Harmoo » Wed Feb 5, 2014 8:52 pm

Gwynplaine wrote:
Harmoo wrote:

You're wrong beyond doubt. If you watched the game you wouldn't have any doubt that he was very clearly hit on the head the first time and the Jaw the second time. Not only have you managed to embellish and inflate your arguments beyond comprehension, you also stick to it vehemently without trying to be objective whereas you have no problem in defending Derrick Rose like he is the saviour of mankind. Save these attempts to convince 8 year olds. Your agenda couldn't be more obvious.

What agenda? That somehow this is about my dislike of Lebron James? I like the player, he's incredibly talented and does an excellent job being the face of the NBA. There's a reason I don't waste my time calling out scrubs like Derek Fisher for flopping, he doesn't represent the game.

I suppose anyone that calls Lebron a flopper has an agenda, rather than they're just stating the obvious. Just about everyone in this thread is deluded and can't see what your 20/20 Anti-Agenda vision tells you, amirite?

I did watch the game and whilst it was on, saw the blatant flop. There was a bit of contact but nothing to result Lebron's reaction.

Here's the NBA's definition of a "flop"

"Flopping” is defined as any physical act that appears to have been intended to cause the referees to call a foul on another player. The primary factor in determining whether a player committed a flop is whether his physical reaction to contact with another player is inconsistent with what would reasonably be expected given the force or direction of the contact.

Are we really going to pretend that he didn't flop on this play? I mean, really?

If I was going to convince an "8 year old" I'd just make silly appeals of emotion and claim that anyone that disagrees just secretly hates Lebron. But of course, You're not an 8 year old and I'd be an idiot to try that.
The Real Dalic
RealGM
And1: 7,098

Post#40 » by The Real Dalic » Wed Feb 5, 2014 9:05 pm

LeBron is one of the biggest floppers out there, so people that keep saying you can make a video of someone flopping a lot is false and unfair to other players. LeBron flops at least once a game because he NEEDS fouls to be successful.
God. Family. Country. Basketball.

Return to The General Board