Clippers Twitter claims moral victory for last night -ticks off Grizz doing it

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

NW
Starter
And1: 347

Clippers Twitter claims moral victory for last night -ticks off Grizz doing it 

Post#1 » by NW » Thu Nov 5, 2015 9:58 pm

[tweet]https://twitter.com/LAClippers/status/662153062757171200[/tweet]

There is a bit of a history between the Los Angeles Clippers and the Memphis Grizzlies. They've exchanged series victories over one another in the playoffs. They've exchanged plenty of punches, pushes and other kerfuffle activities. Words have been thrown at each other constantly. Apparently, now the rivalry has gone to social media, even when the two teams don't play each other.

The Clippers blew a 10-point lead in the fourth quarter in Oakland Wednesday night as they lost to Golden State in an early season challenge. It wasn't a bad loss. They played the Warriors tighter than any team has this season and had plenty of chances to close it out. Instead, they suffered a four-point loss, which isn't nearly as bad as the 50-point drubbing the Warriors handed the Grizzlies earlier in the week. The Clippers' Twitter account wanted to remind you their loss wasn't as bad as the Memphis loss.

That did not sit well with the Grizzlies, who were asked about it Thursday at practice. Courtney Lee, Tony Allen, Zach Randolph and coach Dave Joerger all shared their thoughts on the barbed tweet. Lee called it "childish," Allen thought someone's job should be at stake, Randolph mentioned proving it on the court, and Joerger had another idea.

Via Commercial Appeal:

Courtney Lee: “It's childish. We took our L and we kept it moving, right? We lost by 50. We didn't cry over it, and went on to the next one. Apparently, they're holding on to it. That's what they got to do to overshadow their loss. Last time I heard, a loss is a loss. But that's what they do over there.”

Tony Allen: “You ever seen the movie 'White Men Can't Jump'? It's like those [brothers] would rather look good in a loss [than] look bad in a win. Whoever is in charge of their Twitter should be fired. I've never seen anybody broadcast losing. Who's proud of losing -- whether it's by one, two, three or 50? Enough said.”

Zach Randolph: “I take it with a grain of salt. I ain't with all that talking and Instagraming and tweeting and bluffing. You got to prove it on the court.”

Coach Dave Joerger: “I don't do Twitter.”

Joerger is probably playing it the safest here, but it was great of Allen to reference words of wisdom from Woody Harrelson to Wesley Snipes regarding the character and level of sportsmanship on display when teams win or lose.

In case you were wondering, the Grizzlies visit the Clippers Monday, November 9. The Clippers players didn't have anything to do with the tweet, but that doesn't mean the Grizzlies won't want to prove a point to the organization as a whole.
CnG
Rookie
And1: 2,554

Re: Clippers Twitter claims moral victory for last night -ticks off Grizz doing it 

Post#2 » by CnG » Thu Nov 5, 2015 10:03 pm

A day after Doc Rivers says the margin of wins doesn't matter, they're all the same in the standings :roll:
Read on Twitter
reapaman
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,220

Re: Clippers Twitter claims moral victory for last night -ticks off Grizz doing it 

Post#3 » by reapaman » Thu Nov 5, 2015 10:04 pm

I love it. The Grizz just need to use this as motivation and take it out on the Clipper on the 9th. No crying and being butt hurt by a competitive jab.
BRING JAMAAL FRANKLIN TO UTAH!!!!!
Bakuto
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,301

Post#4 » by Bakuto » Thu Nov 5, 2015 10:13 pm

I think it's hilarious that they're trying to take away from the fact that they lost by bringing another team into it.

Just more reason to hate that team.
Kobe System wrote:I won't touch Drummond's contract. I'd rather have Deng and Mozgov's contract tbh.

Collymore wrote:Jay Tatum is a better prospect than Lebron James was at his age.

:noway:
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#6 » by Mylie10 » Thu Nov 5, 2015 10:17 pm

The Clippers are poo poo faces!

Memphis has tons of class. Always have.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Lazy Faizy
Veteran
And1: 1,906

Post#7 » by Lazy Faizy » Thu Nov 5, 2015 10:20 pm

Typical Clippers franchise. Bunch of losers.
XtremeNite
Sophomore
And1: 1,395

Post#8 » by XtremeNite » Thu Nov 5, 2015 10:23 pm

This is why nobody likes the Clippers...
The-Power
General Manager
And1: 9,080

Post#9 » by The-Power » Thu Nov 5, 2015 10:24 pm

Someone's job should be at stake? Allen shot focus on hitting wide open shots at an at least not downright embarrassing percentage before addressing somebody else's job status. That guy is partly being paid for creating entertaining tweets, regardless of what you think of the entertainment value of this particular tweet.

As a professional it shouldn't bother you what some random social media guy publishes on twitter anyway, it's not like this is an official press release by the Clippers. If an NBA player had to fear the loss of his job whenever he says something stupid or has a poor performance then a lot of guys in the league would be in trouble. So stop being so sensitive about something completely irrelevant.
Threethrows
Pro Prospect
And1: 932

Post#10 » by Threethrows » Thu Nov 5, 2015 10:24 pm

Why does it seem like the Clippers are always acting childish whether it's the players/coach or media team? It's like they try and force rivalries.
NZB2323
RealGM
And1: 7,716

Post#11 » by NZB2323 » Thu Nov 5, 2015 10:28 pm

#didn'tloseby50 is an incredibly stupid hashtag.
duppyy
RealGM
And1: 13,125

Post#12 » by duppyy » Thu Nov 5, 2015 10:28 pm

Grizz need to be more mad at themselves for losing by 50pts then getting mad over a stupid tweet.
Zion Wembanyama
RealGM
And1: 3,304

Post#13 » by Zion Wembanyama » Thu Nov 5, 2015 10:30 pm

XtremeNite wrote:This is why nobody likes the Clippers...

It's funny how people just seem to hate LA pro bball teams. It USED to be LAL.. now they're irrelevant. But before the Clipps, I could've sworn there was another team everyone loved to hate...
NBA - Pelicans,Hornets
NFL - Panthers
MLB - Braves
NHL - Ducks, Hurricanes
NCAAB - Tarheels, Wolverines, CHA 49ers
NCAAF - Tarheels, Wolverines, CHA 49ers
Soccer - PSG, CLT FC, USMNT, FRA, SCO
Golf - Tiger Woods
Tennis - Rafael Nadal
NASCAR - Joey Lagano
mvpshaq32
Starter
And1: 2,265

Post#14 » by mvpshaq32 » Thu Nov 5, 2015 10:32 pm

Clippers need something to be proud of.
e.g.
crazytown
Veteran
And1: 757

Post#15 » by crazytown » Thu Nov 5, 2015 10:40 pm

You guys realize it was most likely an intern that tweeted this, right?

You guys acting like CP3 or Blake Griffin tweeted this :lol:
svart
Analyst
And1: 3,379

Post#16 » by svart » Thu Nov 5, 2015 10:50 pm

...or maybe that DeAndre kid mixed up his credentials logging into tweeter :P

He seems to be confused lately.
''You don't need to be serious to be focused"
Philosopher and basketball player JaVale McGee
RaptorsLife
RealGM
And1: 84,016

Post#17 » by RaptorsLife » Thu Nov 5, 2015 10:50 pm

Raptors will take care of warriors no moral victories
Raptors til death
Jadoogar
RealGM
And1: 14,666

Post#18 » by Jadoogar » Thu Nov 5, 2015 10:51 pm

LOL Clippers unlikeable from the coach to the players to the intern running the twitter account.

After stating the Warriors were lucky because they didn't have to play the clippers, they get happy that they didn't lose by 50
xxSnEaKyPxx
RealGM
And1: 15,277

Post#19 » by xxSnEaKyPxx » Thu Nov 5, 2015 10:57 pm

JR SMITH_5 wrote:
XtremeNite wrote:This is why nobody likes the Clippers...

It's funny how people just seem to hate LA pro bball teams. It USED to be LA.. now they're irrelevant. But before the Clipps, I could've sworn there was another team everyone loved to hate...

I personally tend to hate all big market teams. I have always rooted for the underdogs, but big market teams take it to a new level. Their fans are often times more bandwagony and they feel entitled. Stuff like that makes them easy to root against.
TKainZero
Head Coach
And1: 3,275

Post#20 » by TKainZero » Thu Nov 5, 2015 11:02 pm

When you are a world class loser organization...

It's not like the clippers have ever won anything... So, for them, losing close to a good team, is about the same as a team, like the lakers, winning a championship
USA Celtics in full effect. Amazing chemistry building experience right there for the main core of the team

Proceeds to finish 7th and shames the entire nation!

Return to The General Board