Clippers Twitter claims moral victory for last night -ticks off Grizz doing it

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

shangrila
RealGM
And1: 6,067

Re: Clippers Twitter claims moral victory for last night -ticks off Grizz doing it 

Post#61 » by shangrila » Fri Nov 6, 2015 8:43 am

Meh, it's nothing bad so who cares?

Sadly though I wouldn't be surprised if the guy actually lost his job over this, like that one from Dallas.
ken6199
Forum Mod - Rockets
Forum Mod - Rockets
And1: 18,558

Re: Clippers Twitter claims moral victory for last night -ticks off Grizz doing it 

Post#62 » by ken6199 » Fri Nov 6, 2015 8:47 am

shangrila wrote:Meh, it's nothing bad so who cares?

Sadly though I wouldn't be surprised if the guy actually lost his job over this, like that one from Dallas.

You mean the guy from Houston.
http://www.businessinsider.com/houston-rockets-social-media-manager-horse-emoji-tweet-2015-4
RealGM loves you, Melissa.
Manute Lol
Sixth Man
And1: 2,252

Post#63 » by Manute Lol » Fri Nov 6, 2015 9:32 am

Twitter outrage is just sad.

I honestly wonder if the playing the heel isn't an intentional part of Clippers culture at this point. The players are pretty obviously just being themselves (Pierce is the only one of the bunch who seems to revel in being a villain, and he is new), but Doc...I dunno. I sometimes think Doc's outbursts are calculated to keep the focus off of the players; he wouldn't be the first coach to run that game. Ballmer is quite experienced at being the bad guy, as well.
antistrat wrote:What Golden State isn't realizing is that their offense has been neutralized. It isn't coming back. Cleveland is too long, too athletic, too fast, too gritty and too smart as a team.
IggyStardust
Senior
And1: 753

Post#64 » by IggyStardust » Fri Nov 6, 2015 10:53 am

CnG wrote:A day after Doc Rivers says the margin of wins doesn't matter, they're all the same in the standings :roll:

i don't think doc's responsibilities as coach or head of basketball include running the twitter account.
IggyStardust
Senior
And1: 753

Post#65 » by IggyStardust » Fri Nov 6, 2015 11:05 am

MartinToVaught wrote:
crazytown wrote:You guys realize it was most likely an intern that tweeted this, right?

You guys acting like CP3 or Blake Griffin tweeted this :lol:

People just see the word "Clippers" and start seething with impotent rage. At this point, it is what it is.

i definitely think it's humorous that the clippers intern thought the benefit of calling out the grizzlies was worth the embarrassment of highlighting a loss to their biggest rival and underscoring that a win for the organization is not getting absolutely eviscerated.

its the little victories that the clippers relish i guess. hang a banner "LA Clippers-- didn't get btfo more recently than a non-contending team"
stuporman
RealGM
And1: 16,050

Post#66 » by stuporman » Fri Nov 6, 2015 2:46 pm

So which RealGM poster is the Clipper's intern who tweeted that?
If you'd rather see your team fail so you can be right
...you are a fan of your opinion not the team.
Image?
Knowledge is just information stuffed into a mental bag
Wisdom is knowing what to pull out of the bag to do the job
snoopdogg88
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,111

Post#67 » by snoopdogg88 » Fri Nov 6, 2015 2:51 pm

crazytown wrote:You guys realize it was most likely an intern that tweeted this, right?

:lol: seriously. People in this thread acting like Doc tweeted this.

It was the 21 year old stupid intern.

With that said, and I've mentioned this countless times now - pro sports teams twitters are some of the most cringeworthy things I've ever seen. There is no self awareness and it's always some obnoxious and unnecessary tweet.

The social media guy in charge of the Clippers account should be fired for being so stupid and not learning from the mistakes of the Rockets guy and the other idiots who couldn't handle their "one job"
durden_tyler
RealGM
And1: 6,687

Post#68 » by durden_tyler » Fri Nov 6, 2015 4:18 pm

i thought the tweet was funny. They should promote their social media manager.
If there is no basketball in heaven, i am not going.
Lazy Faizy
Veteran
And1: 1,906

Post#69 » by Lazy Faizy » Fri Nov 6, 2015 4:29 pm

A lot of teams/players in the NBA dislike the Clippers franchise, and they haven't won a thing. It's one thing for other teams to dislike you for your success, but when you've never had much success and teams still hate you? That's a problem.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#70 » by Mylie10 » Fri Nov 6, 2015 4:54 pm

MartinToVaught wrote:
Mylie10 wrote:
JR SMITH_5 wrote:
It's funny how people just seem to hate LA pro bball teams. It USED to be LAL.. now they're irrelevant. But before the Clipps, I could've sworn there was another team everyone loved to hate...

The Clippers have earned every bit of the treatment they get. Mounds of evidence.

Not really. A lot of the criticism has been earned: inability to get it done in the playoffs, CP3's flopping, Doc's arrogance and constant whining to refs - and I'd say all but the biggest Clipper homers would say that criticism is reasonable.

Threads like this, though? They're just toxic circlejerks with people racing to see who can dump on the Clippers the hardest. There's no basketball discussion to be had here, just pointless signaling and everyone beating up on their favorite punching bag. If this was any other team in the league, nobody would care. Other teams have posted far worse tweets in the past - the time the Lakers tweeted out a picture of Kobe with a "#NeverForget" hashtag on 9/11 comes to mind - with less criticism. Some intern tweeting something dumb and getting fired doesn't reflect the entire organization and its fans.

I agree with you whole heartedly about the bolded in red.

I also agree there is a piling on effect going on in this thread. I may be viewed as piling on, but really all I'm saying is there are so many references we can dig up and go back to across the league that this coach and these players have brought upon themselves....through their own actions.

The Tweet is no big deal....I agree...who cares.

You have some extremely talented players, who don't need to go to the lengths they have in the past. Griffin has toned it down, but people and players around the league don't forget.

I understand the feeling that many Clips fans have when these things come up. Kings fans have gone through similar stuff in regards to ownership and coaching issues. The Warriors had to overcome years and years of ineptitude. It is what it is as they say.

But I stand by what I said, because you can't erase the past. There's a reason that players and teams around the league don't like the Clippers. They have earned the reputation with many instances, and their coaches constant whining. Hell he even whines when he gets a call sometimes.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
nickhx2
RealGM
And1: 6,293

Post#71 » by nickhx2 » Fri Nov 6, 2015 5:23 pm

please stop ruining the hate narrative.

doc clearly ordered deandre jordan to tweet this out while cp3 and blake practiced simultaneous flopping in the background

NEED I REPEAT MYSELF?? #VILLAINZ4EVA
Edrees
RealGM
And1: 11,143

Post#72 » by Edrees » Fri Nov 6, 2015 8:25 pm

Lol at people who think its a new phenomenon to hate blake griffin because of what the clippers twitter guy said. At least they both are actually part of the same organization. There are thousands of NBA fans who hate lebron or kobe because of what their fans say, who have zero affliation with the organization at all. This is nothing compared to that.
nickhx2
RealGM

Post#73 » by nickhx2 » Fri Nov 6, 2015 8:48 pm

i think that is rational analysis on the intricacies of player vs organization vs fan hate

also, i think F*** KOBE even more after that post.
lilswift01
Rookie
And1: 927

Post#74 » by lilswift01 » Fri Nov 6, 2015 8:49 pm

Memphis is so butt hurt for no reason. If anything, things like this should be music to their ears. Get the competitive juices flowing. They need that badly anyways.
nickhx2
RealGM

Post#75 » by nickhx2 » Fri Nov 6, 2015 8:52 pm

lilswift01 wrote:Memphis is so butt hurt for no reason. If anything, things like this should be music to their ears. Get the competitive juices flowing. They need that badly anyways.

my guess is that there is more collective butthurt among the posters/haters in this thread than there is among the grizzlies
DwayneSchintzus
Rookie
And1: 1,482

Post#76 » by DwayneSchintzus » Fri Nov 6, 2015 9:59 pm

That tweet is the most "Clippers" thing ever.
These are the opinions of one lifelong Spurs fan, nothing more
gts1
Starter
And1: 1,232

Post#77 » by gts1 » Fri Nov 6, 2015 10:56 pm

Funny thing of it all is the tweet was deleted... So somebody high up in the Clippers had something to say about it
Wife: "you haven't heard a single thing I said"
Me: that's a funny way to start a conversation...
norcocredo
Rookie
And1: 1,437

Post#78 » by norcocredo » Fri Nov 6, 2015 11:06 pm

Of course an intern posted this but it is the perfect reflection of the Clippers players And organization as a whole over the last 20+ years. Douchebags.
nickhx2
RealGM

Post#79 » by nickhx2 » Fri Nov 6, 2015 11:12 pm

norcocredo wrote:

Of course an intern posted this but it is the perfect reflection of the Clippers players And organization as a whole over the last 20+ years. Douchebags.

exactly. i actually have it on pretty good authority that the clippers owner, donald sterling, tweeted this thing out himself.

#VILLAINZ5EVA
Threethrows
Pro Prospect
And1: 932

Post#80 » by Threethrows » Fri Nov 6, 2015 11:18 pm

nickhx2 wrote:
lilswift01 wrote:Memphis is so butt hurt for no reason. If anything, things like this should be music to their ears. Get the competitive juices flowing. They need that badly anyways.

my guess is that there is more collective butthurt among the posters/haters in this thread than there is among the grizzlies

The idea the people are "butthurt" or don't understand that it's not a player/coach tweeting is besides the point, as false as it is. People act like this is the only thing the Clippers have done recently. The last few years have been lots of whining, flopping, dumb remarks, Deandre-gate and underwhelming play.

People don't hate the Clippers because of this tweet, and I doubt anyone thinks it was Doc tweeting. The point is, that from the players to the coach to the former owner and apparently the twitter account, Clippers are HARD to like if you aren't a fan of the team.

No one is hurt over this, they are just calling out the idiocy of the tweet, which compounded with everything else we've gotten from the Clips the last few seasons is just another straw on the poor camel's back. Whether it was a foolish intern or not, the Franchise isn't exactly viewed as classy lately.

Return to The General Board