MJ will not pursue legal action for "Crying Jordan" Meme

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

johanliebert
General Manager
And1: 5,660

Re: MJ will not pursue legal action for "Crying Jordan" Meme 

Post#81 » by johanliebert » Fri Feb 5, 2016 11:45 pm

Shout out to boxden for the mj face
senel
Sophomore
And1: 105

Post#82 » by senel » Fri Feb 5, 2016 11:55 pm

The only thing that Curry can do better than MJ is shoot the ball..from the 3pt. Other than that nothing else..maybe FT's. Jordan was a great defender and Curry would not go off so easily. While Curry would be helpless against Jordan.
lambchop
General Manager
And1: 9,131

Post#83 » by lambchop » Sat Feb 6, 2016 12:06 am

senel wrote:The only thing that Curry can do better than MJ is shoot the ball..from the 3pt. Other than that nothing else..maybe FT's. Jordan was a great defender and Curry would not go off so easily. While Curry would be helpless against Jordan.

of course curry would have absolutely no chance of guarding mj. But as good as MJs defense was, don't forget that curry is unlike any player jordan played against in his time. Almost like when AI crossed jordan up, mj would probably need some time to adjust
So many people who attain the heights of power in this culture—celebrities, for instance—have to make a show of false humility and modesty, as if they got as far as they did by accident and not by ego or ambition.
sixerswillrule
RealGM
And1: 3,591

Re: RE: Re: MJ will not pursue legal action for "Crying Jordan" Meme 

Post#84 » by sixerswillrule » Sat Feb 6, 2016 1:00 am

senel wrote:The only thing that Curry can do better than MJ is shoot the ball..from the 3pt. Other than that nothing else..maybe FT's.

This is like saying the only thing that Shaq can do better than Duncan is score in the paint.

It's kind of true, and yet...the two are on a similar level overall.
Cuban_Linx
Rookie
And1: 1,372

Post#85 » by Cuban_Linx » Sat Feb 6, 2016 1:07 am

McKenna wrote:
Cuban_Linx wrote:Curry tho? He'd kill him on offense, but Curry would definitely outscore him.

Curry would be shut down by MJ. If I was to take anyone to guard him it might as well be MJ.

Curry as it stands has a bandwagon following but until he does what he is currently doing for the next decade he'll be remembered as a superstar who had a few superstar seasons and faded. Derrick Rose anyone?

He is incredible don't get me wrong, but that doesn't mean **** unless he has the durability to earn his place amongst the all time greats (who ALL did it at a high level for a long period of time).

Yeah, nah I'm not really getting into this debate if you start it with "Curry would be shut down". We all know MJ is the GOAT, but credit where it's due. Curry is having the GOAT scoring season right now. Just saying he would be shut down just shows incredible ignorance towards his skill imo.
"If I walk outside somebody might just hit me with their car, or say anything negative to me."
- KD on not going outside anymore.
sixerswillrule
RealGM

Re: RE: Re: MJ will not pursue legal action for "Crying Jordan" Meme 

Post#86 » by sixerswillrule » Sat Feb 6, 2016 1:14 am

McKenna wrote:
Cuban_Linx wrote:Curry tho? He'd kill him on offense, but Curry would definitely outscore him.

Curry would be shut down by MJ. If I was to take anyone to guard him it might as well be MJ.

Curry as it stands has a bandwagon following but until he does what he is currently doing for the next decade he'll be remembered as a superstar who had a few superstar seasons and faded. Derrick Rose anyone?

He is incredible don't get me wrong, but that doesn't mean **** unless he has the durability to earn his place amongst the all time greats (who ALL did it at a high level for a long period of time).

Derrick Rose?

2013/14 Curry = peak Rose
2014/15 Curry >> peak Rose
2015/16 Curry >>>> peak Rose

You're really underestimating what Curry has already accomplished.
Arp590
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,989

Post#87 » by Arp590 » Sat Feb 6, 2016 1:20 am

senel wrote:The only thing that Curry can do better than MJ is shoot the ball..from the 3pt. Other than that nothing else..maybe FT's. Jordan was a great defender and Curry would not go off so easily. While Curry would be helpless against Jordan.

Give me a break with this crap. You're telling me out of every player in the league right now Jordan is a better defender than ALL of them?
If nobody in the league can stop Curry right now, Jordan definitely can;t.
Curry needs a SPLIT SECOND and he is pulling the 3, there's literally no stopping him.
Arp590
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,989

Post#88 » by Arp590 » Sat Feb 6, 2016 1:22 am

McKenna wrote:

No Curry would not be shut down by MJ HAHA. He is having quite possibly the greatest scoring season of all time. If not a single player in the league can stop Curry right now, what makes you think Jordan can? Does Jordan have magical powers? There are comparable and even better defenders in the league right now that can't stop Curry.

Derrick Rose has a serious injury... and lost his confidence... not really the same.

Curry has a PER of 32.20 this season! Do you have any idea how good that is? Stop protecting Jordan just because someone is having an all-time great season.
IFeelsYaBrah
Junior
And1: 431

Post#89 » by IFeelsYaBrah » Sat Feb 6, 2016 1:34 am

lambchop wrote:
Hindenburg wrote:Image

does anyone here know how to make these? or which software i can use?

You can do these in Photoshop, it's not too hard to do. Just find a suitable gif, and insert the meme picture into it. After that you have to align the meme pic properly in each frame so that it is aligned and synced properly with the original gif.
MC3
RealGM
And1: 7,747

Re: RE: Re: MJ will not pursue legal action for 

Post#90 » by MC3 » Sat Feb 6, 2016 1:48 am

sixerswillrule wrote:
McKenna wrote:

Derrick Rose?

you, me and rest of the world never saw peak rose. rose was at age of 22 on road to be greatest pg nba ever seen, his prime was 4 years away from year he won MVP
Domejandro
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 26,674

Post#91 » by Domejandro » Sat Feb 6, 2016 2:37 am

MC3 wrote:
sixerswillrule wrote:
McKenna wrote:

Derrick Rose?

you, me and rest of the world never saw peak rose. rose was at age of 22 on road to be greatest pg nba ever seen, his prime was 4 years away from year he won MVP

We all saw Derrick Rose's peak. Unfortunately, the peak of his play came at the age of twenty-two due to injuries, but that counts as his peak, nonetheless.
sixerswillrule
RealGM

Post#92 » by sixerswillrule » Sat Feb 6, 2016 2:41 am

MC3 wrote:
sixerswillrule wrote:
McKenna wrote:

Derrick Rose?

A) What Domejandro said. Basically this.

B) Regardless of what you want to call 2010/11 Rose, my point stands. The poster I replied to compared what Rose accomplished pre-injury to what Curry has accomplished up until this point. There is no comparison. Of course Rose was much younger, but that goes along with my point.
Jables
Analyst
And1: 2,442

Post#93 » by Jables » Sat Feb 6, 2016 2:44 am

Journalist? Can't think of anything to write? Just ask a celebrity's lawyers whether they'll sue over a meme involving them. Yo Sean Bean, you mad about that "one does not simply" meme? "Nah." Great story, would read and complain about famous people again.
PizzaSteve
Veteran
And1: 1,837

Post#94 » by PizzaSteve » Sat Feb 6, 2016 2:58 am

Yeah, because global media has been so unkind to MJ. Wonder what percentage of his net worth is due to TV revenue, shoe endorsement revenue, etc, etc. All basically using global mass media to profit. He would probably be lucky to own a home without mass media, so....cry me a river.
McKenna
Rookie
And1: 1,117

Post#95 » by McKenna » Sat Feb 6, 2016 3:01 am

Arp590 wrote:There are comparable and even better defenders in the league right now that can't stop Curry.

Give me a few names at the guard position in the league right now who are better defenders than Michael Jordan.

As for offence - Check out raw Jordan, with the old defensive rules and the 3pt era yet to bear fruit in the 86-87, 87-88 seasons. That was long before his prime and his accomplishments in 88 alone were - MVP, DPOY, All-NBA First Offence, All-NBA First Defence, All Star, All Star MVP, Slam Dunk Champ, Scoring Champion, Steals leader. PER of 31.71. At seasons end, not mid-season.

He was the best player at both ends, not just one. Curry ain't touching that - ever, and that wasn't even the GOAT's prime. Then go check out his '91 season.. coming into his prime. PER 31.63.

Wilt averaged 50ppg in '62.

2012 Lebron PER of almost 31 at the end of the season - plus went on to win everything possible, MVP, gold medal, Finals MVP (which Curry lost to a bench player after being shook by 'scrub' Dellevadova).

2000 Shaq Diesel - 30ppg, 14rpg, 4apg, 3bpg.. at a 57% clip. NBA Champ. Finals MVP. MVP. All NBA First O. All Defence 2nd. All star. All Star MVP. Led league in scoring and FG%. PER of ~31.

Curry's MVP season PER of 27.98 is 60th all time. Good, but not GOAT. Not even close.

If Curry can keep his PER up over 30 for the season he will sneak into the top 20 somewhere. If he keeps it at 32 (unlikely looking at the numbers and SOS) he will take away top PER honours of all time and greatest season from distance. No question. But best offensive season of all time? You are kidding yourselves. The NBA wasn't born in 2005 like most Curry nut huggers.

I might have defended MJ, but he doesn't really need defending. He only needed defending in-game, because outside of the game everyone who lived it knows it.

Curry has everything left to prove. He also has the privilege of playing on a stacked team that needs defending - but no hand checking - and an up tempo coach who has rightfully given him the green light.

I get it though. He's on track and it's very special to watch. I don't want to piss on Curry's fans who are getting excited watching this kid play. But basketball survived on superstar players long before Curry was even born. Respect has to be shown to the past.

/rant
Apologies
sixerswillrule
RealGM

Post#96 » by sixerswillrule » Sat Feb 6, 2016 3:39 am

McKenna wrote:
Arp590 wrote:There are comparable and even better defenders in the league right now that can't stop Curry.

Give me a few names at the guard position in the league right now who are better defenders than Michael Jordan.

As for offence - Check out raw Jordan, with the old defensive rules and the 3pt era yet to bear fruit in the 86-87, 87-88 seasons. That was long before his prime and his accomplishments in 88 alone were - MVP, DPOY, All-NBA First Offence, All-NBA First Defence, All Star, All Star MVP, Slam Dunk Champ, Scoring Champion, Steals leader. PER of 31.71. At seasons end, not mid-season.

He was the best player at both ends, not just one. Curry ain't touching that - ever, and that wasn't even the GOAT's prime. Then go check out his '91 season.. coming into his prime. PER 31.63.

Wilt averaged 50ppg in '62.

2012 Lebron PER of almost 31 at the end of the season - plus went on to win everything possible, MVP, gold medal, Finals MVP (which Curry lost to a bench player after being shook by 'scrub' Dellevadova).

2000 Shaq Diesel - 30ppg, 14rpg, 4apg, 3bpg.. at a 57% clip. NBA Champ. Finals MVP. MVP. All NBA First O. All Defence 2nd. All star. All Star MVP. Led league in scoring and FG%. PER of ~31.

Curry's MVP season PER of 27.98 is 60th all time. Good, but not GOAT. Not even close.

If Curry can keep his PER up over 30 for the season he will sneak into the top 20 somewhere. If he keeps it at 32 (unlikely looking at the numbers and SOS) he will take away top PER honours of all time and greatest season from distance. No question. But best offensive season of all time? You are kidding yourselves. The NBA wasn't born in 2005 like most Curry nut huggers.

I might have defended MJ, but he doesn't really need defending. He only needed defending in-game, because outside of the game everyone who lived it knows it.

Curry has everything left to prove. He also has the privilege of playing on a stacked team that needs defending - but no hand checking - and an up tempo coach who has rightfully given him the green light.

I get it though. He's on track and it's very special to watch. I don't want to piss on Curry's fans who are getting excited watching this kid play. But basketball survived on superstar players long before Curry was even born. Respect has to be shown to the past.

/rant
Apologies

In addition to PER...

Highest TS% among 25+ PPG scorers (of all-time, not since 2005): 2015/16 Stephen Curry
Highest Offensive WS/48 (of all-time, not since 2005): 2015/16 Stephen Curry
Highest Offensive BPM (since 1973, not 2005): 2015/16 Stephen Curry

Yes, I know that he still needs to keep it up for the rest of the season.

No, I'm not saying that this definitively means that it would be the best offensive season of all-time.

What I am saying is given that so many different stats point to it being the best offensive season of all-time if he does keep it up, yet you could stilll say "You are kidding yourselves" to someone suggesting that it's the best offensive season of all-time...? The only one kidding themselves here is you. Not because you don't think it would be the best, but because you don't think it would even be close to the best.
Else_where
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,510

Post#97 » by Else_where » Sat Feb 6, 2016 4:08 am

I beg to differ wrote:
MisterHibachi wrote:Who is he gonna sue?

my most fav Gary Oldman moment too.
lambchop
General Manager
And1: 9,131

Post#98 » by lambchop » Sat Feb 6, 2016 1:06 pm

IFeelsYaBrah wrote:
lambchop wrote:
Hindenburg wrote:Image

does anyone here know how to make these? or which software i can use?

You can do these in Photoshop, it's not too hard to do. Just find a suitable gif, and insert the meme picture into it. After that you have to align the meme pic properly in each frame so that it is aligned and synced properly with the original gif.

thanks a lot! I'll give it a try
So many people who attain the heights of power in this culture—celebrities, for instance—have to make a show of false humility and modesty, as if they got as far as they did by accident and not by ego or ambition.
bigfnjoe96
General Manager
And1: 3,948

Post#99 » by bigfnjoe96 » Sat Feb 6, 2016 2:12 pm

FN Gold right here..... Stomach is still hurting

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
Hindenburg
Head Coach
And1: 13,854

Post#100 » by Hindenburg » Mon Feb 8, 2016 4:29 am