Draft Prospect Stats, Future Draft Pick Details, Capulator, Trade Checker

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets
And1: 6,513

Re: Playoff Player Stats, Draft Prospect, Rookie and Regular Season Stats, Trade Checker, Future Draft Pick Details, etc 

Post#61 » by THE J0KER » Thu Aug 2, 2018 2:44 pm

I made one research on Denver Nuggets subforum, and I guess results can be interesting for many others here.
2017-18 regular season standings based only on h2h results between TOP9 teams from both conferences.
These standings are in general very similar to real 2017-18 regular season standings, but two teams, Washington and Denver, performed very well against good teams, but obviously have too many unnecessary losses vs non-playoff opponents which very damaged their rankings in real standings. On the other hand, teams which struggle against the best teams last season, but was in the same time very successful and ruthless vs underdogs, are San Antonio, Portland, and Milwaukee.
magnumt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 15,046
Location: Gott'a Stick To My Girls Like Glue, Ain't No No. 2 Here...Sean Paul Style, Baby Gyrl!!!

Re: Playoff Player Stats, Draft Prospect, Rookie and Regular Season Stats, Trade Checker, Future Draft Pick Details, etc 

Post#62 » by magnumt » Thu Aug 2, 2018 8:16 pm

THE J0KER wrote:I made one research on Denver Nuggets subforum, and I guess results can be interesting for many others here.
2017-18 regular season standings based only on h2h results between TOP9 teams from both conferences.
These standings are in general very similar to real 2017-18 regular season standings, but two teams, Washington and Denver, performed very well against good teams, but obviously have too many unnecessary losses vs non-playoff opponents which very damaged their rankings in real standings. On the other hand, teams which struggle against the best teams last season, but was in the same time very successful and ruthless vs underdogs, are San Antonio, Portland, and Milwaukee.

Great work! :clap:

-Mags :beer:
BAF 1.0 - Wizards: Year 2
PG: Kemba Walker (32) / Rivers (16) / Felton
SG: Evan Fournier (28) / Evans (20) / Dotson
SF: Gordon Hayward (36)/ Delly (12) / Dudley
PF: Kevin Love (36) / Frye (12) / Ellenson
C: Pau Gasol (32) / Noah (16) / Felicio

magnumt6
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,992

Re: Rookie & Draft Prospect Stats, Trae Young 1st in pts and assists, Bagley 2nd in pts and rbs 

Post#63 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:39 am

bwgood77 wrote:
PhilBlackson wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
Maybe semi-expected. I think eventual all star is expected, but to be among top 20-25 players in the entire NBA within 5 years is quite an accomplishment, even for a #1 pick.

That being said, Young is pretty unlikely to go #1. Probably more like 4-7. Orlando or Phoenix could maybe take him 2 or 3 if Doncic's gone...or I guess there is a chance one could take him ahead of Doncic.

If I'm your team (PHX), I'm praying to get Trae Young n try to recreate a similar dynamic of Steph/Klay with Booker/Trae. It won't be exact of course but two absolutely deadly shooters/scorers putting pressure on the defense would be incredible potential long term. Booker is a little more skilled ballhandler n playmaker than Klay imo so that could help make up for perhaps Steph/Klay still being maybe a little bit better shooters because if Dev and Trae can help pull the defense away from each other they can just be raining 3s but then you have start surrounding them with more defensive minded players. In a dream world more 3+D players but really those 2 would be a great start.

Doncic would obviously work for a lot of the same reasons, he's a great shooter as well (maybe not quite as good, more specifically as quick of a release as Trae) with a huge bball IQ. As long you guys come out with one of the two, I'd be pretty ecstatic if I were the Suns.

Yeah, I am high on both of them, particularly Doncic. It's interesting though after our trade for Elfrid Payton it appears many fans on the Young bandwagon and maybe some on the Doncic one have shifted to Ayton. I don't think Payton should impact a draft position but he has played well. I still have Doncic 1 and then kind of a tier for 2-5 or so as far as the Suns are concerned.

You said this back in February of 2018. As of 15 games into the 2018-2019, I'd say YOU KNOW YOUR S__ __ T!

Doncic is for real.

I'd say the surprise/steal of the draft is the Knicks' Mitchell Robinson.
Bye bye Beal.
EthanHarris
Ballboy
And1: 6

Re: Rookie & Draft Prospect Stats, Trae Young 1st in pts and assists, Bagley 2nd in pts and rbs 

Post#64 » by EthanHarris » Wed Nov 21, 2018 3:41 pm

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
PhilBlackson wrote:
If I'm your team (PHX), I'm praying to get Trae Young n try to recreate a similar dynamic of Steph/Klay with Booker/Trae. It won't be exact of course but two absolutely deadly shooters/scorers putting pressure on the defense would be incredible potential long term. Booker is a little more skilled ballhandler n playmaker than Klay imo so that could help make up for perhaps Steph/Klay still being maybe a little bit better shooters because if Dev and Trae can help pull the defense away from each other they can just be raining 3s but then you have start surrounding them with more defensive minded players. In a dream world more 3+D players but really those 2 would be a great start.

Doncic would obviously work for a lot of the same reasons, he's a great shooter as well (maybe not quite as good, more specifically as quick of a release as Trae) with a huge bball IQ. As long you guys come out with one of the two, I'd be pretty ecstatic if I were the Suns.

Yeah, I am high on both of them, particularly Doncic. It's interesting though after our trade for Elfrid Payton it appears many fans on the Young bandwagon and maybe some on the Doncic one have shifted to Ayton. I don't think Payton should impact a draft position but he has played well. I still have Doncic 1 and then kind of a tier for 2-5 or so as far as the Suns are concerned.

You said this back in February of 2018. As of 15 games into the 2018-2019, I'd say YOU KNOW YOUR S__ __ T!

Doncic is for real.

I'd say the surprise/steal of the draft is the Knicks' Mitchell Robinson.

Doncic is the next best thing in the NBA. He is only 19 years old!!
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets

Re: Rookie Stats, All Player stats, Future Draft Pick Details, Capulator, Trade Checker, etc 

Post#65 » by THE J0KER » Mon Dec 3, 2018 11:44 pm

NBA projections (CBS and 538.com)

Projections (daily!) become popular lately in sports media, CBS even put projections columns on their official CBS NBA standings page, and site FiveThirtyEight.com is well known for their deep analytics in the sport. I created tools last year for myself which use data from this two sources, and periodically I publish it on Denver forum, with focus on Denver and Western Conference playoff race. But, if enough posters interested here on General Board, I can put it there. Summarized CBS and 538 projections which include current NBA standings, current projections for each team in terms of final Win-Loss record in regular seasons and projected percentage of reaching the playoff. And there is also one joint mixed column which for every team calculates final W-L record as the average value of CBS and 538 predictions (the same for % probability for the playoff). As useful information, you can see also (in spoiler) upcoming schedule for every team in the next two weeks (next 7 games), where every opponent is colored depending on their *power-ranking* (and the same team is more dangerous at home than on the road).

UPCOMING SCHEDULE (next 7 games):
Spoiler:
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets

Re: Rookie Stats, All Player stats, Future Draft Pick Details, Capulator, Trade Checker, etc 

Post#66 » by THE J0KER » Tue Dec 4, 2018 3:53 am

UPDATED STANDINGS

Spoiler:

SCHEDULE (next 7):
Spoiler:
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets

Post#67 » by THE J0KER » Thu Dec 6, 2018 4:00 am

CURRENT STANDINGS AND PROJECTIONS (without last LAL-SAS game of the day)
Spoiler:

UPCOMING SCHEDULE (each team next 7 games)
Spoiler:
durden-tyler
Junior
And1: 287

Post#68 » by durden-tyler » Thu Dec 6, 2018 5:31 pm

Don't know if it's the right place to ask this, but why are BBREF defensive and offensive ratings different from NBA.COM ?

https://on.nba.com/2gThIEG
http://bkref.com/tiny/Zyay2
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets

Post#69 » by THE J0KER » Sat Dec 8, 2018 5:39 am

CURRENT STANDINGS AND PROJECTIONS
For some reason, CBS and 538.com already gave up from San Antonio, Sacramento, and Dallas chances to reach playoff (around 2% each). They didn't learn a lesson from last season Utah miracle when their chances were also under 5% around Christmas.
Spoiler:

Upcoming schedule (next 7 games for every team)
Spoiler:
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets

Post#70 » by THE J0KER » Sun Dec 9, 2018 6:54 am

Few shocking upsets on West little changed current standings but also affected overall projections too. Mavericks 10 win in the past 13 games is still not enough to impress CBS or 538.
Spoiler:

UPCOMING SCHEDULE (all teams)
Spoiler:
BlueSan
Sixth Man
And1: 828

Post#71 » by BlueSan » Sun Dec 9, 2018 8:52 am

Very interesting WEST projection indeed not just Dallas.
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets

Post#72 » by THE J0KER » Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:39 am

(Conference H2H is added)
Spoiler:

UPCOMING SCHEDULE (next 7)
Spoiler:
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets

Post#73 » by THE J0KER » Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:34 am

Spoiler:

NEXT 7 GAMES
Spoiler:
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets

Post#74 » by THE J0KER » Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:23 am

Spoiler:

NEXT 7 GAMES
Spoiler:
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets

Post#75 » by THE J0KER » Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:26 am

STANDINGS & PROJECTIONS
Spoiler:

NEXT 7 GAMES
Spoiler:
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets

Post#76 » by THE J0KER » Mon Dec 17, 2018 4:52 am

STANDINGS & PROJECTIONS
Spoiler:

NEXT 7 GAMES
Spoiler:
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets

Post#77 » by THE J0KER » Wed Dec 19, 2018 5:27 am

STANDINGS, PROJECTIONS & UPCOMING SCHEDULE
Spoiler:

NEXT 7 GAMES
Spoiler:
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets

Post#78 » by THE J0KER » Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:13 am

Spoiler:

NEXT 7 GAMES
Spoiler:
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets

Post#79 » by THE J0KER » Sun Dec 23, 2018 5:24 am

NEXT 7 GAMES
Spoiler:
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,377

Post#80 » by bwgood77 » Sun Dec 23, 2018 5:43 am

THE J0KER wrote:STANDINGS, PROJECTIONS & UPCOMING SCHEDULE

NEXT 7 GAMES
Spoiler:

538 also has ELO projections which might be more accurate. Those are based on play to date, schedule, etc. The CARMELO projections are based on how good their system ranks the players on teams. I always look at both to see how they differ...which is quite a bit in some places.

Return to The General Board