Best upcoming team. Twolves or Nuggets [Poll added]

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Who is the best upcoming team between these two?

Poll ended at Sat Mar 4, 2017 4:59 pm

Wolves
62%
Nuggets
38%

Total votes: 95

becausephilchow
Sixth Man
And1: 1,272

Re: Best upcoming team. Twolves or Nuggest 

Post#21 » by becausephilchow » Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:19 am

Wolves by a landslide.
Kupchak9
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,492

Post#22 » by Kupchak9 » Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:28 am

ShazamDaShiznt wrote:
Kupchak9 wrote:
heat4life wrote:Where do the Nuggest play?

In Denvre

is that in Corolado?

Its Coloraod bro.
Prez
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 41,755

Post#23 » by Prez » Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:31 am

Nuggets_Talk wrote:
meekrab wrote:Utah?

How does this answer the question twolves or nuggest?

Why do homers always feel the need to include their team in a discussion that doesn't require it?

Probably because the title said "best upcoming team". Implying that it's only between those two teams, which is entirely debatable. Mostly, if not entirely, on the Nuggets side of things.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,414

Post#24 » by 76ciology » Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:35 am

ShazamDaShiznt wrote:
Kupchak9 wrote:
heat4life wrote:Where do the Nuggest play?

In Denvre

is that in Corolado?

COLDroraldo
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,414

Post#25 » by 76ciology » Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:37 am

But doesn't advanced stats say Jokic > KAT?
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
Cappy_Smurf
Head Coach
And1: 9,623

Post#26 » by Cappy_Smurf » Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:56 am

Milbuck wrote:
Nuggets_Talk wrote:
meekrab wrote:Utah?

How does this answer the question twolves or nuggest?

Why do homers always feel the need to include their team in a discussion that doesn't require it?

Probably because the title said "best upcoming team". Implying that it's only between those two teams, which is entirely debatable. Mostly, if not entirely, on the Nuggets side of things.

Yeah, the nuggets probably come up 4th or 5th if the thread included all upcoming teams.

This way, the worst they can do is 2nd. Brilliant!
Dwayne "smells like" Bacon, A.K.A. The Policeman.

Dude needs to wear #50, that way when he's on the fast break, everybody can yell "Here comes five-oh!"
blazeyo
Sixth Man
And1: 1,864

Post#27 » by blazeyo » Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:57 am

76ciology wrote:
ShazamDaShiznt wrote:
Kupchak9 wrote:
In Denvre

is that in Corolado?

COLDroraldo

I'm pretty sure it's Cristiarolado.
Foreva21
Ballboy
And1: 30

Post#28 » by Foreva21 » Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:15 am

Wolves for sure....

Typical Nuggets team....Stacked with talent but no real balance.
TheDavinciCHODE
Sixth Man
And1: 1,860

Post#29 » by TheDavinciCHODE » Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:22 am

Let's see.....

One team has one up-and-coming All-NBA big that could easily be the best player in the league in 4 years plus a Wing who is probably going to be the best shooting guard in the league in his prime + an all-world coach

The other team has a few really solid players, but nobody that looks to be MVP-level and certainly nobody who looks to be a two way terror.

Both Wiggins and Towns have the talent to be major difference makers on both ends. Towns looks like a lock already, and Wiggins ain't looking too shabby either.

I'd take the Wolves and it wouldn't even be a discussion IMO

Edit: I'd also like to add that it's much easier to build a contender around 1-2 star/superstars than it is to build one out of 4-5 pretty good players. Eventually the Nuggs are going to have to consolidate talent or pay EVERYONE, and that's not going to happen. Thing is, consolidating talent rarely results in netting a superstar unless you A) fleece a team like Houston did or B) acquire said stay in the last year of his deal or the downside of his career with only 2-3 years of productivity left(at a high level). I doubt the Nuggs will be in quasi-contender status over the W's or Leonard/LMA Spurs in the next few years to the point where netting a star in a deal would catapult them into the discussion.

The Wolves won't have to acquire anyone to be contender status once their own superstars develop. They will only need complimentary pieces...something they could easily find.

Now the scary thing.....what if AD ups and outs of New Orleans when his deal is up and heads to Minny............MY GOD
TheDavinciCHODE
Sixth Man
And1: 1,860

Post#30 » by TheDavinciCHODE » Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:25 am

76ciology wrote:But doesn't advanced stats say Jokic > KAT?

No. KAT has a better PER and a slightly better VORP and a slightly better TS% plus raw numbers per game that almost equal Jokic's per 36 min stats.

Not to mention there is certainly an advantage for Jokic playing on a team that's better and one where he wasn't necessarily the focal point of the offense. His USG% is a healthy % below KAT's.
ballfan5
Junior
And1: 61

Post#31 » by ballfan5 » Wed Sep 28, 2016 2:37 pm

Wolves have a good shot at being a playoff team this year. Denver will be some time. Phiilly and Lakers becomes a contender before Denver
jayu70
RealGM
And1: 11,911

Post#32 » by jayu70 » Wed Sep 28, 2016 4:06 pm

Wolves
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,075

Post#33 » by moocow007 » Wed Sep 28, 2016 5:39 pm

So which players on each of these teams being mentioned is actually be considered "qualified" to be part of the "up and coming" part of the team. Seems to be a discrepancy or inconsistency from a lot of folks in this thread that, not surprisingly, favors their own team.
Nolan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,611

Post#34 » by Nolan » Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:05 pm

I love the mix of young talent that the Nuggets have but the Wolves have Towns and Towns alone has a brighter future than a lot of teams. Add in Wiggins, LaVine, and Dunn and it's kinda a no brainier.
@bruce_arthur "And finally, as a whore." RT @docfunk "Here is what LeBron looks like as a Knick, a Fireman, an Astronaut..."
RRFB
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,248

Post#35 » by RRFB » Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:23 pm

How is Utah a young, up and coming team? Their best players are 25+ and they have high expectations because they just signed a bunch of 30+ year olds. Utah isn't 2-3 years away from realizing their full potential like Minnesota/Denver, they're supposed to be good right now. They don't belong in this conversation.

I get why everyone is gonna choose Minnesota, the Nuggets don't have a prospect on Towns' level. But after that, I'd say it's pretty close.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,815

Post#36 » by Klomp » Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:33 pm

moocow007 wrote:So which players on each of these teams being mentioned is actually be considered "qualified" to be part of the "up and coming" part of the team. Seems to be a discrepancy or inconsistency from a lot of folks in this thread that, not surprisingly, favors their own team.

Key players 24 and younger:
Nuggets: Mudiay (20), Harris (22), Murray (19), Jokic (21), Nurkic (22)
Wolves: Dunn (22), Jones (20), LaVine (21), Wiggins (21), Muhammad (23), Towns (20)
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
rzzzzz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,692

Post#37 » by rzzzzz » Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:34 pm

KAT is a tremendous talent. and extremely consistent, which someone like Okafor has not shown so far.

BUT: Okafor does play well when he's motivated, keeping up with Cousins and Perzingis, and yes, has even outplayed KAT at least on one occasion when they went head to head. This does not make Okafor better than KAT by any stretch. But whereas Jah is capable of giving the best young centers a run for their money, he is currently getting tossed all over the gym by Embiid. if Embiid can stay on the court, he owns it.

no doubt Wiggins at one time was considered the next great player. and he is still very good. but he ain't the next LeBron. what about Simmons? he hasn't proven anything yet. but we do know what LeBron thinks of him. time will tell.

LaVine and Dunn and Rubio vs Okafor and Saric and Noel? i like all of them. but KAT and Wiggins vs Embiid and Simmons is where it's at. i'm expecting them to meet in the finals a couple of years down the road. it'll be a battle, but i like our chances.
Cappy_Smurf
Head Coach
And1: 9,623

Post#38 » by Cappy_Smurf » Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:43 pm

RRFB wrote:How is Utah a young, up and coming team? Their best players are 25+ and they have high expectations because they just signed a bunch of 30+ year olds. Utah isn't 2-3 years away from realizing their full potential like Minnesota/Denver, they're supposed to be good right now. They don't belong in this conversation.

I get why everyone is gonna choose Minnesota, the Nuggets don't have a prospect on Towns' level. But after that, I'd say it's pretty close.

This conversation didn't just pop up though, it's been ongoing for a while. I think once Utah makes the playoffs, then you can eliminate them and ask who will be the NEXT up and coming team.
Dwayne "smells like" Bacon, A.K.A. The Policeman.

Dude needs to wear #50, that way when he's on the fast break, everybody can yell "Here comes five-oh!"
lars_rosenberg
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,741

Post#39 » by lars_rosenberg » Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:45 pm

It's astonishing that even if they have Anthony Davis, nobody's mentioning the Pelicans.
This shows how bad NOP front office is.
LALifer49
Rookie
And1: 862

Post#40 » by LALifer49 » Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:50 pm

rzzzzz wrote:KAT is a tremendous talent. and extremely consistent, which someone like Okafor has not shown so far.

BUT: Okafor does play well when he's motivated, keeping up with Cousins and Perzingis, and yes, has even outplayed KAT at least on one occasion when they went head to head. This does not make Okafor better than KAT by any stretch. But whereas Jah is capable of giving the best young centers a run for their money, he is currently getting tossed all over the gym by Embiid. if Embiid can stay on the court, he owns it.

no doubt Wiggins at one time was considered the next great player. and he is still very good. but he ain't the next LeBron. what about Simmons? he hasn't proven anything yet. but we do know what LeBron thinks of him. time will tell.

LaVine and Dunn and Rubio vs Okafor and Saric and Noel? i like all of them. but KAT and Wiggins vs Embiid and Simmons is where it's at. i'm expecting them to meet in the finals a couple of years down the road. it'll be a battle, but i like our chances.

Are there reports of Embiid taking down okafor in the gym or is that speculation on your part?

Return to The General Board