Best upcoming team. Twolves or Nuggets [Poll added]

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

Who is the best upcoming team between these two?

Poll ended at Sat Mar 4, 2017 4:59 pm

Wolves
62%
Nuggets
38%

Total votes: 95

Nuggets_Talk
Head Coach
And1: 2,296

Re: Best upcoming team. Twolves or Nuggest 

Post#201 » by Nuggets_Talk » Fri Oct 7, 2016 6:58 pm

Nowak008 wrote:
wablty wrote:
lars_rosenberg wrote:It's astonishing that even if they have Anthony Davis, nobody's mentioning the Pelicans.
This shows how bad NOP front office is.

I think part of that is also the injury history. He's yet to have a 70 game season.

Obviously, however, it's the lack of talent around him. AD's situation in New Orleans is starting to feel very early KG in Minnesotaish.

Nuggets could make an offer the Pels couldn't refuse - Nurkic, Farried, Jamal Murray + any number of other assets or young players. Pels are never dealing AD, but Denver could give the Pels a war chest of assets.

Davis + Holiday for Mudi + Murray + Farried +Nurkic + Beasley+ Garry Harris, + multiple firsts

Holiday
Barton
Gallo
AD
Jokic

Never going to happen but would be super fun. Just wish AD had a good team.

Geez. Would we have to give up all those guys?
YourBuddy
Bench Warmer
And1: 656

Re: Best upcoming team. Twolves or Nuggets 

Post#202 » by YourBuddy » Fri Oct 7, 2016 7:11 pm

Nuggets_Talk wrote:
YourBuddy wrote:
Nuggets_Talk wrote:
You forgot but you did. Or you don't know what "understand" means.

Or you can read my mind.

What number am I thinking of?

Your point was simple to understand.

But you got it wrong.
It's ok though.

(Btw the number was 51)

Your point was simple to understand. It just didn't make any sense in the context of what you tried to argue. I tried to understand why you were using that point. Then you wanted to start the personal attacks, while at the same time saying I'm the one starting the argument, just because you couldn't admit that your point was irrelevant in the first place.

I don't know what your obsession with me is, but the number you are thinking of doesn't matter to me.

Oh wait thats right, responding to you with counterpoints is the same as trying to argue... Yet you are the one who started the personal attacks, have a clear agenda against me, and your admitted main goal was for me to not respond to you.
Nowak008
RealGM
And1: 4,303

Post#203 » by Nowak008 » Fri Oct 7, 2016 7:31 pm

Nuggets_Talk wrote:
Nowak008 wrote:
wablty wrote:
I think part of that is also the injury history. He's yet to have a 70 game season.

Obviously, however, it's the lack of talent around him. AD's situation in New Orleans is starting to feel very early KG in Minnesotaish.

Nuggets could make an offer the Pels couldn't refuse - Nurkic, Farried, Jamal Murray + any number of other assets or young players. Pels are never dealing AD, but Denver could give the Pels a war chest of assets.

Davis + Holiday for Mudi + Murray + Farried +Nurkic + Beasley+ Garry Harris, + multiple firsts

Holiday
Barton
Gallo
AD
Jokic

To get a top 8 player in the league, who is signed on a long contract, and is under 25? Yea, you would have to give up a king's ransom of assets to get AD.
John Hammond apologists:
emunney wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote: 9 YEARS!? like any of that matters

THAT LITERALLY IS HIS TENURE.
Edrees
RealGM
And1: 11,115

Post#204 » by Edrees » Fri Oct 7, 2016 11:13 pm

This year it will be close but I think the wolves will be a way better team over the course of the next 5 years since the wolves will have a superstar.
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,309

Post#205 » by dakomish23 » Fri Oct 7, 2016 11:29 pm

Where's PHX on everyone's list? They have a lot of young guys with varying upsides and guys just entering their prime.

Bledsoe - 26 (will be 27)
Knight - 24 (will be 25)
Booker - 19 (will be 20)
Warren - 23
Len - 23
Chriss - 19
Bender - 18 (will be 19)

I'm sure I'm missing some. But that's a pretty decent core that could be competitive this year and a playoff staple down the line.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
Nuggets_Talk
Head Coach

Post#206 » by Nuggets_Talk » Sat Oct 8, 2016 3:01 am

YourBuddy wrote:
Nuggets_Talk wrote:
YourBuddy wrote:

But you got it wrong.
It's ok though.

(Btw the number was 51)

it definitely was. I agree. :nod:
Nuggets_Talk
Head Coach

Post#207 » by Nuggets_Talk » Sat Oct 8, 2016 3:01 am

Nowak008 wrote:
Nuggets_Talk wrote:
Nowak008 wrote:

Holiday
Barton
Gallo
AD
Jokic

To get a top 8 player in the league, who is signed on a long contract, and is under 25? Yea, you would have to give up a king's ransom of assets to get AD.

would our new team with AD under that hypothetical be any better than the pelicans now?
Nuggets_Talk
Head Coach

Post#208 » by Nuggets_Talk » Sat Oct 8, 2016 3:02 am

dakomish23 wrote:Where's PHX on everyone's list? They have a lot of young guys with varying upsides and guys just entering their prime.

Bledsoe - 26 (will be 27)
Knight - 24 (will be 25)
Booker - 19 (will be 20)
Warren - 23
Len - 23
Chriss - 19
Bender - 18 (will be 19)

I'm sure I'm missing some. But that's a pretty decent core that could be competitive this year and a playoff staple down the line.

in a minnesota vs denver debate, phoenix isnt going to make many lists.
YourBuddy
Bench Warmer
And1: 656

Post#209 » by YourBuddy » Sat Oct 8, 2016 4:05 am

Nuggets_Talk wrote:
YourBuddy wrote:
Nuggets_Talk wrote:
But you got it wrong.
It's ok though.

(Btw the number was 51)

Your point was simple to understand. It just didn't make any sense in the context of what you tried to argue. I tried to understand why you were using that point. Then you wanted to start the personal attacks, while at the same time saying I'm the one starting the argument, just because you couldn't admit that your point was irrelevant in the first place.

I don't know what your obsession with me is, but the number you are thinking of doesn't matter to me.

Oh wait thats right, responding to you with counterpoints is the same as trying to argue... Yet you are the one who started the personal attacks, have a clear agenda against me, and your admitted main goal was for me to not respond to you.

it definitely was. I agree. :nod:

Nice :wink:
Nowak008
RealGM
And1: 4,303

Post#210 » by Nowak008 » Sat Oct 8, 2016 7:43 am

Nuggets_Talk wrote:
Nowak008 wrote:
Nuggets_Talk wrote:

would our new team with AD under that hypothetical be any better than the pelicans now?

Oh yea, way better. Gallo/AD/Jokic front court would be devastating. Plus Barton/Holiday back court would be very solid. Pels have a bunch of poop around AD for the most part.
John Hammond apologists:
emunney wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote: 9 YEARS!? like any of that matters

THAT LITERALLY IS HIS TENURE.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,583

Post#211 » by Klomp » Mon Oct 10, 2016 12:16 am

Most post players are rendered useless if pushed too far off the block. Not Karl.

Read on Twitter

Also.....

Read on Twitter
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
NBAfan3024
RealGM
And1: 7,035

Post#212 » by NBAfan3024 » Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:20 am

Klomp wrote:Most post players are rendered useless if pushed too far off the block. Not Karl.

Read on Twitter

Also.....

Read on Twitter

His range kind of makes him impossible to defend.
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,056

Post#213 » by NuggetsWY » Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:25 am

Fascinating read - I just read this from the OP to current.
Ignoring all of the comments regarding other teams without meaning disrespect, but the OP was Twolves or Nuggets, here are my thoughts, feel free to ignore them. I'm a Nuggets fan and we are often ignored and disrespected.

Except for a very few serious fans, most of the posts demonstrate little or no knowledge of the Nuggets. Some actually admit it openly (but still comment anyway). It's OK, we had ZERO nationally televised games last year. Sitting in Wyoming, I see every Nuggets regular season game on TV, as well as about 50% of the Jazz, 25% of the Twolves and scattered games of other teams plus the nationally broadcast games. Obviously I am going to know the Nuggets better. I get that. What's hilarious is the posters who don't understand how little they know about other teams.

Somebody claimed the Twolves were deeper than the Nuggets - hardly. Feel free to argue the Twolves have better starters, but unless you watch the Nuggets closely you might not realize that even Nuggets fans (and staff) do not agree on who should be the starting center or the starting PF. Most agree on our starting SF but they also agree is backup is almost as good. SG goes three or four deep, with the backup having been in consideration for 6th man of the year award for part of last season. The Nuggets' second string might play the Nuggets' starters to some pretty close games. That is clearly not true of the Twolves.

Comparing Towns to Jokic is rather entertaining. Towns seems to be a center who plays a lot like a PF. He looks to have a tremendous upside, but like all young players, there's a risk he never reaches that projected upside (not betting against him though LOL). Jokic is being played a little at PF but there's not too much debate that he's better at center. It's comparing two guys with different styles - the better one is the one that fits your team's needs (or the one the homers already have).

Denver is considered by some to not be a desirable destination - and we've seen that from FAs but that is probably more to do with expectations and desire to contend for a ring. Denver and the area is a highly desired destination for people of wealth from all over the world. The ski slopes alone draw vast numbers of people. Colorado can boast of fantastic white water rafting, hunting, and the list goes on - hang gliding and similar sports have some fantastic opportunities. The list goes on.

The OP was "Best upcoming team. Twolves or Nuggets" - some forecasts say neither will make the playoffs this year. Probably most say the Twolves will make the playoffs this year. A few say the Nuggets will. Very few say both teams will make the playoffs.

But which is the "Best upcoming team"? Are we actually talking about 2016-17? Or are we talking for the next 3 years or the next 5 years? I suspect many of the posters were looking at this question with different viewpoints.

I'd say the Twolves have the best player, for this year. But we all know that one great player can get you into the playoffs but just barely. I'd bet on the Twolves making the playoffs this year, but I would not bet on them winning even one game in the playoffs.

If we are talking about 3 years from now, I will agree with some others that Denver needs an all-star or two. Developed in-house or FA or trade, and they will have a great team around those all-stars. That's the big "IF" for Denver. I will agree with some others that Minnesota needs a more balanced team in terms of quality role players and maybe one more all-star. That's the big "IF" for Minnesota.

"Best upcoming team" between these two - no idea, but I'll enjoy watching both!
RoyceDa59
RealGM
And1: 8,731

Post#214 » by RoyceDa59 » Mon Oct 10, 2016 7:15 am

I'm not sure there's a player in the NBA I'd choose ahead of Towns to start a franchise. He reminds me so much of a young Tim Duncan. Wolves are best up and comer.
Go Raps!!
SF_Warriors
General Manager
And1: 3,794

Post#215 » by SF_Warriors » Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:19 am

Got to catch the lakers nugs game tonight, this thread made me intrigued by their young players:

Nurkic is a straight up beast, he was dominating everybody that was on him. Legit. Great touch around the rim and better athleticism than i thought.
Gallinari looked really good, getting to the line and hitting open threes. Got a nice tan too.
Mudiay gets into the lane at will and has really solid vision.
The one guy that surprised the most was hernangomez, he looked really good despite getting blown by a few times.
Whoever is denvers euro scout is doing one hell of a job
RLPH
Sophomore
And1: 74

Post#216 » by RLPH » Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:28 am

It's early but I got to say, I was too harsh on the Nuggets. They look promising. The Wolves on the other hand still have work to do. Thought it would be the other way around.
TheFire
Senior
And1: 909

Post#217 » by TheFire » Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:43 pm

I'm pretty surprised Nuggets have had the better record 1/3 of the way through the season. They have looked good as of late and may soon surpass Portland for the #8 seed.
HeartBreakKid
RealGM
And1: 18,813

Post#218 » by HeartBreakKid » Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:14 pm

Shouldn't be a surprise, people really getting hyped about a 2nd year rookie in KAT

Not only does Denver have good young talent, their vets are also really good. Chandler and Galo are legit perimeter players who have been injured so long people forgot how good they were. Not a surprise they'd be better than a young minny. Barton is solid and faried is a decent role player also.

Nuggets should trade Nurkic for a quality starter

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,056

Post#219 » by NuggetsWY » Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:34 pm

Not surprised that people are just starting to realize the Nuggets are better than projected. With ZERO nationally televised games last year, it's not like most fans saw much of them. Not sure if they will make the playoffs or not. I projected them at 9th with a shot at 8th (in my dreams). Their future appears brighter than their odds on this year and yeah, there are some trades they need to make this year.

As for the Timberwolves; did not expect them to struggle this much but it seemed unlikely they would have the enormous jump in wins that so many were predicting. A new coach means a new system and young players have a harder time adjusting to that than the veterans do. They still have a bright future as well but as others have said, their roster just doesn't seem to be balanced or something. Somebody smarter than me is going to have to figure out what they need besides those three young studs and a couple of other pretty good role players.
Rubio9Guy
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,290

Post#220 » by Rubio9Guy » Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:44 pm

People that thought the Nuggets would struggle more than the Wolves were really fooled on the hype.

Obviously long-term favors the Wolves be quite a bit, but the Nuggets have many more established pieces and have on year in Mike Malone's system (a guy I wanted the Wolves to hire after he was fired by Sac).

The Nuggets have a lot of good pieces and may need to look at trading for a disgruntled star at some point. Boogie? He loved Malone.

Return to The General Board