Best upcoming team. Twolves or Nuggets [Poll added]

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Who is the best upcoming team between these two?

Poll ended at Sat Mar 4, 2017 4:59 pm

Wolves
62%
Nuggets
38%

Total votes: 95

Sixersftw
RealGM
And1: 8,756

Re: Best upcoming team. Twolves or Nuggest 

Post#41 » by Sixersftw » Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:55 pm

LALifer49 wrote:Are there reports of Embiid taking down okafor in the gym or is that speculation on your part?

Dunno about Jah better there's definitely a photo of Embiid posterizing Nerlens.
They say an analytics man doesn't have a heart, but I ran the numbers and nothing can be further from the truth - Sam Hinkie probably
Snotbubbles
Sixth Man
And1: 1,451

Post#42 » by Snotbubbles » Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:04 pm

Klomp wrote:
moocow007 wrote:So which players on each of these teams being mentioned is actually be considered "qualified" to be part of the "up and coming" part of the team. Seems to be a discrepancy or inconsistency from a lot of folks in this thread that, not surprisingly, favors their own team.

Key players 24 and younger:
Nuggets: Mudiay (20), Harris (22), Murray (19), Jokic (21), Nurkic (22)
Wolves: Dunn (22), Jones (20), LaVine (21), Wiggins (21), Muhammad (23), Towns (20)

For the sake of argument:

Sixers: Saric (22), Embiid (22), Noel (22), Okafor (20), Simmons (20)
Dan Z
RealGM
And1: 7,240

Post#43 » by Dan Z » Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:11 pm

Catchall wrote:Jazz fans holding their breath to see how Exum and Lyles develop...

Even if those two don't develop the Jazz have Gobert, Favors and Heyward who are already good players.
Synciere
Head Coach
And1: 4,488

Post#44 » by Synciere » Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:20 pm

You can't use the 'Which team has the best young player?' question because that has failed more times than it hasn't. Look at Anthony Davis and the Pelicans. His first three years everyone would've said they have the best shot but these things are always a crap shoot. The old debate used to be the Blazers with Oden, Aldridge, and Roy vs. the Thunder with KD, Westbrook, and Ibaka. If you said the Thunder back then you were laughed off the forum! How did that work out?

If it is the Wolves, it'll be because Thibodeau coaxed a defensive winning mentality out of them, but I don't like him as a President/executive. S

Shouldn't the Jazz be exempt since most of their best players are already 90% into their second contracts? IJS...
rasta_marley
Starter
And1: 509

Post#45 » by rasta_marley » Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:23 pm

Nuggets_Talk wrote:
meekrab wrote:Utah?

How does this answer the question twolves or nuggest?

Why do homers always feel the need to include their team in a discussion that doesn't require it?

Come on now I knew before I set foot in this topic that some Utah fans would bring up the jazz, I am sure you did too. They are excited for this season because they have a better point guard. Let them live there dreams of being a top 4 team in the west next year for a little longer... They just can't help themselves lol and I don't totally hold it against em... too much lol.

Anyway I will go with wolves they are looking pretty good too me and that knew coach is really gonna ring everything out of them.
Heej wrote:And tbh I'm not entirely convinced MJ wasn't just the 90s version of KD.

:lol:
ryanpuge
Senior
And1: 619

Post#46 » by ryanpuge » Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:50 pm

I would suggets to change the Nuggest!!!
daoneandonly wrote:
it's not that I'm disrespecting Wade or saying he's not a solid NBA player,I'm saying he never was or never will be a superstar.When it comes right down to it,Wade is just not that good.
LALifer49
Rookie
And1: 862

Post#47 » by LALifer49 » Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:38 pm

Sixersftw wrote:
LALifer49 wrote:Are there reports of Embiid taking down okafor in the gym or is that speculation on your part?

Dunno about Jah better there's definitely a photo of Embiid posterizing Nerlens.

Meh. Can't put too much stock in a photo. I'd have thought Embiid fans would have learned that by now (Couldn't resist)
zeebneeb
RealGM
And1: 10,740

Post#48 » by zeebneeb » Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:44 pm

This is a very difficult question to answer (kinda shocks me a little that so many people are so sure) when if you expand this question to include all of the young teams with talent it becomes incredibly difficult to predict. People have a tendency to look at pieces and not teams and not really looking at how all the pieces fit the team

Let's take a look at the youngest teams starting with the two in question;

1.) Denver Nuggest-Average age 24.8 Win/loss 2015/2016-33-49 playoffs-NO ALL-STARS-NONE

2.) Minnesota Timberwolves-Average age 26.1 Win/loss 2015/2016-29-53 playoffs-NO ALL-STARS-NONE

The best player between both teams potentially (if we do a logical projection) is Karl Anthony Towns. That's taking nothing away from Denver roster or their players. I can't call this one right now, as it's based on potential. (If I had to, I would pick Denver just based on a more complete team structure right now. That could change just 20 games into the upcoming season)

Now expand the list to includ all of the youngest teams in the NBA 25 years average age and under and the picture gets a hell of alot more clear;(I included Utah and Minnesota in this for the sake of discussion even though both teams are above that cutoff)

3.)Philadelphia 76'rs-Average age-24.1 win/loss 2015/2016-10-72 playoffs-NO ALL-STARS-NONE

4.)Utah Jazz-Average age-26 win/loss 2015/2016-40-42 playoffs-NO ALL-STARS-NONE

5.)Portland Trailblazers-Average age-24.6 win/loss 2015/2016-44-38 Playoffs-YES ALL-STARS-NONE

6.)Boston Celtics-Average age-24.3 win/loss 2015/2016-48-34 playoffs-YES ALL-STARS-YES 1-Isaiah Thomas

7.)Phoenix Suns-Average age-23.9 win/loss 2015/2016-23-59 playoffs-NO ALL-STARS-NONE

8.)Toronto Raptors-Average age-24.6 win/loss 2015/2016-56-28 playoffs-YES ALL-STARS-YES 2-Kyle Lowry, DeMar DeRozan

9.)Chicago Bulls-Average age-25 win/loss 2015/2016-42-40 playoffs-NO ALL-STARS-YES 2-Jimmy Butler, Pau Gasol* *-not with team anymore

10.)Detroit Pistons-Average age-24.6 win/loss 2015/2016-44-38 playoffs YES ALL-STARS-YES 1-Andre Drummond

All other teams are above the average age of 25, with the Clippers being the oldest at 29.1.

I think with this guide it's easy to see of all the teams with an average age of 25 years or younger, the Celtics, Raptors, Blazers, and Pistons are the ones to watch. The ones listed in the original post have done nothing, and have no all-stars so it's a wait and see approach.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,948

Post#49 » by Klomp » Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:06 pm

zeebneeb wrote:2.) Minnesota Timberwolves-Average age 26.1 Win/loss 2015/2016-29-53 playoffs-NO ALL-STARS-NONE

The best player between both teams potentially (if we do a logical projection) is Karl Anthony Towns. That's taking nothing away from Denver roster or their players. I can't call this one right now, as it's based on potential. (If I had to, I would pick Denver just based on a more complete team structure right now. That could change just 20 games into the upcoming season)

Now expand the list to includ all of the youngest teams in the NBA 25 years average age and under and the picture gets a hell of alot more clear;(I included Utah and Minnesota in this for the sake of discussion even though both teams are above that cutoff)

How did you get the 26.1? I included the 14 players who have an actual deal (not just for training camp) and got 24.8, and that's even including Pekovic who'll be out for the year and maybe done forever.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Chris Porter's Hair
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 3,567

Post#50 » by Chris Porter's Hair » Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:17 pm

I would think clearly the Wolves, but I keep thinking that every year, and I haven't been right yet.

crzyyafrican makes the best sigs, quite frankly
zeebneeb
RealGM

Post#51 » by zeebneeb » Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:20 pm

Klomp wrote:
zeebneeb wrote:2.) Minnesota Timberwolves-Average age 26.1 Win/loss 2015/2016-29-53 playoffs-NO ALL-STARS-NONE

How did you get the 26.1? I included the 14 players who have an actual deal (not just for training camp) and got 24.8, and that's even including Pekovic who'll be out for the year and maybe done forever.
I used the current roster, as is. I hate making these types of posts before even the preseason starts as you can get these types of discrepancies.

They are listed on various websites (all rosters) with average age listed out. I used Fox Sports.
wablty
Sixth Man
And1: 1,048

Post#52 » by wablty » Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:36 pm

lars_rosenberg wrote:It's astonishing that even if they have Anthony Davis, nobody's mentioning the Pelicans.
This shows how bad NOP front office is.

I think part of that is also the injury history. He's yet to have a 70 game season.

Obviously, however, it's the lack of talent around him. AD's situation in New Orleans is starting to feel very early KG in Minnesotaish.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,948

Post#53 » by Klomp » Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:43 pm

wablty wrote:
lars_rosenberg wrote:It's astonishing that even if they have Anthony Davis, nobody's mentioning the Pelicans.

I think part of that is also the injury history. He's yet to have a 70 game season.

Obviously, however, it's the lack of talent around him. AD's situation in New Orleans is starting to feel very early KG in Minnesotaish.

They have basically $40 million tied up this year in Solomon Hill, Tyreke Evans, Omer Asik and E'Twaun Moore.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
zeebneeb
RealGM

Post#54 » by zeebneeb » Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:48 pm

Klomp wrote:
wablty wrote:

They have basically $40 million tied up this year in Solomon Hill, Tyreke Evans, Omer Asik and E'Twaun Moore.
I honestly wonder of Davis is going to stick around. He would fit so well with certain teams on the rise (imagine him next to Drummond. Good greif) I wonder if he's thinking about it.

Oh and 40 million tied up on those players, holy hell.
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,396

Post#55 » by dakomish23 » Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:55 pm

There are probably 4 young players on the MIN roster every GM is taking in the top 5 if you did a draft of these two teams.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#56 » by dakomish23 » Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:59 pm

zeebneeb wrote:
Klomp wrote:
wablty wrote:

I honestly wonder of Davis is going to stick around. He would fit so well with certain teams on the rise (imagine him next to Drummond. Good greif) I wonder if he's thinking about it.

Forget Drummond. Imagine him next to KAT. Those two together would be unstoppable. Plus MIN may end up having the pieces to trade for him if he tells NOP he wants out.

A lineup of

KAT
AD
Wiggins
LaVine
Dunn

Would be unstoppable.

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

#FreeJimmit
Prez
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 41,812

Post#57 » by Prez » Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:04 pm

dakomish23 wrote:
zeebneeb wrote:
Klomp wrote:They have basically $40 million tied up this year in Solomon Hill, Tyreke Evans, Omer Asik and E'Twaun Moore.

Forget Drummond. Imagine him next to KAT. Those two together would be unstoppable. Plus MIN may end up having the pieces to trade for him if he tells NOP he wants out.

A lineup of

KAT
AD
Wiggins
LaVine
Dunn

Would be unstoppable.

Not a chance Minny gets AD without throwing in some combination of Wiggins, Dunn, Lavine, even if Davis makes it known he wants out. Likely at least Wiggins and one of the other two.
zeebneeb
RealGM

Post#58 » by zeebneeb » Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:07 pm

dakomish23 wrote:
zeebneeb wrote:
Klomp wrote:They have basically $40 million tied up this year in Solomon Hill, Tyreke Evans, Omer Asik and E'Twaun Moore.

A lineup of

KAT
AD
Wiggins
LaVine
Dunn

Would be unstoppable.
Well, I'm going by an established all-star, and a team in the playoffs and is exceedingly young as well. (Youngest team in the playoffs) Minnesota has a lot of question marks. Dunn? We'll see. LaVine? Not so much.

If everyone pans out, sure. That would be sick.
meekrab
RealGM
And1: 8,929

Post#59 » by meekrab » Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:16 pm

Nuggets_Talk wrote:
meekrab wrote:Utah?

How does this answer the question twolves or nuggest?

Why do homers always feel the need to include their team in a discussion that doesn't require it?

:noway: I don't even like the Jazz, man. But they've been building up from young guys and picks for a couple years and they're very likely to finish ahead of either the wolves or the 'nuggest' so it was a little odd for the OP to leave them out.

Why do homers always feel the need to get upset when told their team is 3rd in a category? :wink:
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#60 » by dakomish23 » Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:25 pm

Milbuck wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:
zeebneeb wrote:I honestly wonder of Davis is going to stick around. He would fit so well with certain teams on the rise (imagine him next to Drummond. Good greif) I wonder if he's thinking about it.

A lineup of

KAT
AD
Wiggins
LaVine
Dunn

Would be unstoppable.

Not a chance Minny gets AD without throwing in some combination of Wiggins, Dunn, Lavine, even if Davis makes it known he wants out. Likely at least Wiggins and one of the other two.

They have other stuff they can flip to add to the treasure chest IMO.

Spoiler:

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

#FreeJimmit

Return to The General Board