Is Nikola Jokic a franchise level talent?

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,056

Re: Is Nikola Jokic a franchise level talent? 

Post#1021 » by NuggetsWY » Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:41 pm

Ballerhogger wrote:
NuggetsWY wrote:
Tiesto_Lakers wrote:Why does this thread have 1000 posts?

Because people commented on it 1000 times?
Is there a problem with people talking about someone that is not a Laker?

Yes their is :lol: :lol: :cry: :lol: :lol:

Yeah, like anyone is going to believe YOU on this one? :rockon:
Ballerhogger
RealGM
And1: 16,798

Post#1022 » by Ballerhogger » Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:44 pm

NuggetsWY wrote:
Ballerhogger wrote:
NuggetsWY wrote:Because people commented on it 1000 times?
Is there a problem with people talking about someone that is not a Laker?

Yes their is :lol: :lol: :cry: :lol: :lol:

Hey if one of our LA teams perferrble my team were to land Nokic . It wouldnt be bad. :D
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1023 » by NuggetsWY » Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:50 pm

Ballerhogger wrote:
NuggetsWY wrote:
Ballerhogger wrote:Yes their is :lol: :lol: :cry: :lol: :lol:

Hey if one of our LA teams perferrble my team were to land Nokic . It wouldnt be bad. :D

Yes, it would. We do NOT want the Lakers back to glory days. We prefer easy wins, especially against the Lakers. :lol: :clap: :starwars
Ballerhogger
RealGM
And1: 16,798

Post#1024 » by Ballerhogger » Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:51 pm

NuggetsWY wrote:
Ballerhogger wrote:
NuggetsWY wrote:Yeah, like anyone is going to believe YOU on this one? :rockon:

Yes, it would. We do NOT want the Lakers back to glory days. We prefer easy wins, especially against the Lakers. :lol: :clap: :starwars

The Empire will strike back!
ShotCreator
Analyst
And1: 2,332

Post#1025 » by ShotCreator » Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:42 pm

He absolutely is. Mike Malone needs to be fired, Jokic needs to work on his conditioning big time this off-season.
Swinging for the fences.
MEGAQUIB
Junior
And1: 194

Post#1026 » by MEGAQUIB » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:26 am

#2 player on a championship team. I just never see him winning it all as the go to option.
FinnTheHuman
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,716

Post#1027 » by FinnTheHuman » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:39 am

MEGAQUIB wrote:#2 player on a championship team. I just never see him winning it all as the go to option.

Then you're blind.
MEGAQUIB
Junior
And1: 194

Post#1028 » by MEGAQUIB » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:54 am

FinnTheHuman wrote:
MEGAQUIB wrote:#2 player on a championship team. I just never see him winning it all as the go to option.

Then you're blind.

No, you're just blindly riding the hype train. I agree he's a very good player but his hype train is getting out of control.
FinnTheHuman
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,716

Post#1029 » by FinnTheHuman » Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:55 am

MEGAQUIB wrote:
FinnTheHuman wrote:

Then you're blind.

No, you're just blindly riding the hype train. I agree he's a very good player but his hype train is getting out of control.

Dude, every relevant metric in the universe puts him among the superstars of the league. He does almost everything. And look at his body - he has more baby fat than almost any player in the nba. If he gets his body in a somewhat better shape, he'll probably become a plus defender as well, which is his only flaw.
GlenRiceARoni
Sixth Man
And1: 793

Re: RE: Re: Is Nikola Jokic a franchise level talent? 

Post#1030 » by GlenRiceARoni » Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:31 am

MEGAQUIB wrote:
FinnTheHuman wrote:

Then you're blind.

That's just insane to think he can't win a title as a #1 option. Clearly he can.

He's one of the most efficient players in the league on offense. And he generates a ton of offense from a position that typically has a low usage rate.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Excited about the Playoffs now that Durant has given other teams a fighting chance
SashaTheMachine
Sixth Man
And1: 1,376

Post#1031 » by SashaTheMachine » Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:33 am

Really like watching his highlights. Hopefully the Nuggets can get a star-quality player that they're looking for to pair with him.
510TWSS
General Manager
And1: 2,863

Post#1032 » by 510TWSS » Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:49 am

I could see Jokic being the primary scorer ala Dirk in 11'. He just needs a good team with a Center that can take on the brunt of the workload defensively. I like a lot of the Nugget's pieces, Gary Harris was awesome tonight and can be that complementary piece especially if Jamal Murray becomes the starting pg.

I think getting another starting SF that can defend bigger guys when they want to go small is the next step. Maybe they can find that guy through trade as they have a lot of interesting pieces.
KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,446

Post#1033 » by KF10 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:13 am

I believe Jokic is a franchise talent but he looked super unimpressive when I saw him live when the Nuggets were in town (Sacramento) a couple of weeks ago. I was very excited to go watch the Kings (young) players but I remember saying to myself that I need to keep an eye on Jokic because you know...hype. I did but he didn't impressed me tbh -- out of all the Nuggets players: Harris and Murray were phenomenal watching live in that night.
eathb_au
Analyst
And1: 1,115

Post#1034 » by eathb_au » Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:19 am

FinnTheHuman wrote:
MEGAQUIB wrote:
FinnTheHuman wrote:
Then you're blind.

Dude, every relevant metric in the universe puts him among the superstars of the league. He does almost everything. And look at his body - he has more baby fat than almost any player in the nba. If he gets his body in a somewhat better shape, he'll probably become a plus defender as well, which is his only flaw.

Yeah, ever since Jokic's insertion to the startling lineup Denver has had the best or second best offense in the league. The most impressive thing is that he's doing this with Gary Harris as his second best offensvie player. i.e. He is carrying a team of unknowns to an elite offense. I can't wait until the day Murray/Juancho/others develop and when we can surround Jokic with competent players. ATM Denver reminds me of the old LeBron-Cleveland days where LeBron was surrounded by garbage players. Jokic is in the same situation right now.
Pachinko_
RealGM
And1: 23,696

Post#1035 » by Pachinko_ » Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:30 am

eathb_au wrote:Yeah, ever since Jokic's insertion to the startling lineup Denver has had the best or second best offense in the league. The most impressive thing is that he's doing this with Gary Harris as his second best offensvie player. i.e. He is carrying a team of unknowns to an elite offense. I can't wait until the day Murray/Juancho/others develop and when we can surround Jokic with competent players. ATM Denver reminds me of the old LeBron-Cleveland days where LeBron was surrounded by garbage players. Jokic is in the same situation right now.

how about you play some D :D
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1036 » by NuggetsWY » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:16 am

Pachinko_ wrote:
eathb_au wrote:Yeah, ever since Jokic's insertion to the startling lineup Denver has had the best or second best offense in the league. The most impressive thing is that he's doing this with Gary Harris as his second best offensvie player. i.e. He is carrying a team of unknowns to an elite offense. I can't wait until the day Murray/Juancho/others develop and when we can surround Jokic with competent players. ATM Denver reminds me of the old LeBron-Cleveland days where LeBron was surrounded by garbage players. Jokic is in the same situation right now.

how about you play some D :D

:lol: :lol: :lol: Malone was introduced as a "defensive coach" - obviously there is zero truth to that one!
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1037 » by NuggetsWY » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:22 am

eathb_au wrote:
FinnTheHuman wrote:
MEGAQUIB wrote:No, you're just blindly riding the hype train. I agree he's a very good player but his hype train is getting out of control.

Yeah, ever since Jokic's insertion to the startling lineup Denver has had the best or second best offense in the league. The most impressive thing is that he's doing this with Gary Harris as his second best offensvie player. i.e. He is carrying a team of unknowns to an elite offense. I can't wait until the day Murray/Juancho/others develop and when we can surround Jokic with competent players. ATM Denver reminds me of the old LeBron-Cleveland days where LeBron was surrounded by garbage players. Jokic is in the same situation right now.

Hey guys, ignore MEGAQUIB. He obviously hasn't watched any Nuggets games or listened to any of the national broadcasts or Sportscenter or any of the other major sports shows where you hear things like "doing things we haven't seen a center do in 50 years". He's just trolling and baiting and you're falling for it. Call it for what it is (one person) and/or flag it and I'll call him on it. But don't buy into those kinds of posts. MEGAQUIB, consider this a very polite warning that on the Nuggets' board, we expect contributions not unfounded harshness against anybody, especially the Nuggets.
Hoopz Afrik
Veteran
And1: 2,064

Post#1038 » by Hoopz Afrik » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:15 pm

FinnTheHuman wrote:
MEGAQUIB wrote:
FinnTheHuman wrote:
Then you're blind.

As the saying goes "metrics don't win championships" (lol just made that up)....But naw, I like Jokic a lot and honestly think he could be a legit top-10 guy down the road but that last point about changing his body and becoming a good defender is a big if.
Super Eagles GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
Riko
Rookie
And1: 685

Post#1039 » by Riko » Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:21 pm

LeBron_da_Don wrote:But naw, I like Jokic a lot and honestly think he could be a legit top-10 guy down the road but that last point about changing his body and becoming a good defender is a big if.

For the umpteenth times he is a good defender and last year he proved.
Simply it is really hard to be the team's anchor both on defense and offense especially for a 22 years old. Just look at Leonard defensive stats in his first season like Spurs' go-to-guy, he is still one of the best defender in the league but he can't shut down the opponent best player and, at the same time, score 26ppg.
How many player today are capable of be the center of both offense and defense for an entire RS?
mbsnmisc
Starter
And1: 3,721

Post#1040 » by mbsnmisc » Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:34 pm

A stronger, fitter Jokic is a scary beast. Real Celtic fans have lusted after him since the middle of last season. He is so much fun to watch on offense. When the Nuggets mature and if they keep hitting homeruns in the draft they are going to be a great team. His body reminds me of a 45 year old guy who works in accounting, but damn he is a skilled player.

Return to The General Board