Is Nikola Jokic a franchise level talent?

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

nikster
RealGM
And1: 11,858

Re: Is Nikola Jokic a franchise level talent? 

Post#1281 » by nikster » Tue Jun 20, 2023 2:03 am

The Rebel wrote:It if funny that every time Jokic comes up people cannot wait to bring up their favorite young big and say Jokic is not as good as that guy. What that tells me is that people either have no clue how good Jokic is, or they are insecure knowing that what Jokic has shown is very rare and if he and the Nuggets can capitalize on it he has the chance to revolutionize the game, a center that passes better than many starting PGs in the league, that can go in the low block, that has 3 point range, and can run the offense from the high post is very very rare.

When a bold prediction goes right. Really impressive considering we havent really seen that much from Jokic in Dec 2016
xBulletproof
Analyst
And1: 4,381

Post#1282 » by xBulletproof » Tue Jun 20, 2023 2:06 am

xBulletproof wrote:I would have said meh, no before last week. I don't watch Denver often so I just didn't say anything.

After watching him against the Pacers, I have to say it's certainly possible. It just looked so easy for him. He wasn't forcing anything. More than the gaudy numbers it was the feel of it. How easy it happened.

I'd have to see more to be sure it feels that way more often but I believe it's possible after seeing that.

This guy is a genius. Give him awards. Saw 1 game. :lol:
nikster
RealGM
And1: 11,858

Post#1283 » by nikster » Tue Jun 20, 2023 2:18 am

Ryoga Hibiki wrote:The truth is that after the first month since he got that starter job it was pretty clear there was at least an all star there, even if he overperformed even the most optimist expectations. Both personal stats, team numbers and eye test were really too much to be ignored. When there are LEGIT argument about a guy being the best passing center ever at 21 it's obvious you have a keeper there.
I think this thread says more about the naysayers than about people seeing it.

What's really interesting is that Jokic had fantastic advanced numbers during his rookie season (I remember people suggesting he should have been considered for RotY) and his game was showing most of what we're seeing now.
The truth is that he was so improbable that we could not believe what the numbers and our eyes were telling us.

___
Sent from my Nokia 3210 using RealGM mobile app

Same thing happened with Curry, many not realizing how valuable his offense was until after he won a title.

Still think its a good prediction. He had half a season of around all star level impact and perceived lack of ceiling due to conditioning/athleticism issues. Even if he was among the best passing centres, predicting hes franchise talent or that he could revolutionize the game is bold. It was A year and half before he made an all star team, 2.5 years before he made the playoffs. He still had naysayer before these playoffs as a 2 x MVP :lol:
sfernald
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,269

Post#1284 » by sfernald » Tue Jun 20, 2023 7:35 pm

_Joker wrote:
sfernald wrote:He's okay, but he will really need to be repeat as finals MVP to make a name for himself.

"He's ok?" Just farqing LOL.

And no he won't.

I hope you saw the gigantic green flashing font on my post!
_Joker
Senior
And1: 715

Post#1285 » by _Joker » Wed Jun 21, 2023 2:03 pm

sfernald wrote:
_Joker wrote:
sfernald wrote:He's okay, but he will really need to be repeat as finals MVP to make a name for himself.

And no he won't.

Nah, I didn't see any green flashing font. I still don't. I presume that is just because I'm reading this on my phone, and I assume that means it was sarcasm. If so, I apologise!
The Servant
Senior
And1: 687

Post#1286 » by The Servant » Wed Jun 21, 2023 2:46 pm

sixerhp3 wrote:
eathb_au wrote:I'm am annoyed that Malone almost ruined his development this year and if anything killed his chances for an All Star spot.

Jokic in December: 16.2/9.2/4.4 on .692 from the field and .455 from 3.

Want to know what makes it more impressive?

He's doing this IN 25 MINUTES A NIGHT.

He's good, but he's no Embiid

Funny how prophetic this post was.
sfernald
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,269

Post#1287 » by sfernald » Wed Jun 21, 2023 4:00 pm

_Joker wrote:
sfernald wrote:
_Joker wrote:

And no he won't.

Nah, I didn't see any green flashing font. I still don't. I presume that is just because I'm reading this on my phone, and I assume that means it was sarcasm. If so, I apologise!

Come on, you shouldn't need green font to understand it was a funny reply to this ridiculous thread lol.
GeorgeSears
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,354

Post#1288 » by GeorgeSears » Wed Jun 21, 2023 4:32 pm

Once Jokic was installed as the permanent starter during his sophomore season, you could tell he was going to be great.
Mickey8
Head Coach
And1: 5,190

Post#1289 » by Mickey8 » Wed Jun 21, 2023 4:36 pm

You could see he was the great talent while playing with Mega in the Adriatic league. In the rookie season he was productive every time he stepped on the court.
Lalouie
RealGM
And1: 10,078

Post#1290 » by Lalouie » Wed Jun 21, 2023 5:41 pm

laploutocratie wrote:How many bigs can do this:

Used to think Nurkic was the better player, but nope.

that's a great magic type pass
jokic is a rare find. a great passing big ranks at the top in my skillset list

but it was not a no-look. jokic caught him and passed to where he would be
Riko
Rookie
And1: 688

Post#1291 » by Riko » Wed Jun 21, 2023 6:09 pm

CoachD wrote:
Riko wrote:I don't know if he can be a first option (right now I don't think) but his high post is impressive, the best comparison for him is still Draymond Green.

:lol:

One year later I see you post and :lol: to you who quoted a 6 year old post
Jokic at that time, had less post move, he was lighter and his best moves where at high post.
Than in january 2017 he start to mix more, and attacking the rim and his pg stats skyrocketed.

By the way, 1 year and two months in jokic's career I compared him to an HoF who just had his best year.
_Joker
Senior
And1: 715

Post#1292 » by _Joker » Thu Jun 22, 2023 9:42 am

sfernald wrote:
_Joker wrote:
sfernald wrote:

Come on, you shouldn't need green font to understand it was a funny reply to this ridiculous thread lol.

There are so many dumb takes in here it's (clearly) hard to differentiate between satire and straight-up stupidity.
Darthlukey
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 3,156

Post#1293 » by Darthlukey » Thu Jun 22, 2023 10:48 am

sixerhp3 wrote:
eathb_au wrote:I'm am annoyed that Malone almost ruined his development this year and if anything killed his chances for an All Star spot.

Jokic in December: 16.2/9.2/4.4 on .692 from the field and .455 from 3.

Want to know what makes it more impressive?

He's doing this IN 25 MINUTES A NIGHT.

He's good, but he's no Embiid

It's been a strange few years
Sharkboy242
Veteran
And1: 3,831

Post#1294 » by Sharkboy242 » Thu Jun 22, 2023 11:32 am

Love this thread. I remember reading it back in January 2017. Jokic was on a tear around this time and that’s when I knew he’d be the greatest Nugget ever

Is there an easy way to see of you’ve posted in a thread? Don’t remember if i did or not and too many pages to sniff through
Ryoga Hibiki
RealGM
And1: 6,601

Post#1295 » by Ryoga Hibiki » Thu Jun 22, 2023 12:22 pm

Sharkboy242 wrote:Love this thread. I remember reading it back in January 2017. Jokic was on a tear around this time and that’s when I knew he’d be the greatest Nugget ever

Is there an easy way to see of you’ve posted in a thread? Don’t remember if i did or not and too many pages to sniff through

in the advanced search
Слава Украине!

Return to The General Board