Is Isiash Thomas the best PG in the EAST? [Poll added]

Moderators: Dirk, CoreyGallagher, magnumt, ken6199, Yuri Vaultin, BombsquadSammy, Tarik Black, Mr. E, bwgood77, Rhettmatic, Duke4life831, KF10, GimmeDat, Knickstape1214, DayofMourning, Capn'O

Who is the best PG in the East?

Poll ended at Sat Mar 4, 2017 7:39 pm

Goran Dragic
2
3%
Kemba Walker
1
2%
Kyle Lowry
22
36%
Kyrie Irving
1
2%
Isaiah Thomas
20
33%
John Wall
15
25%
 
Total votes: 61

KHRICH
Pro Prospect
Posts: 766
And1: 612
Joined: May 01, 2014
         

Re: Is Isiash Thomas the best PG in the EAST? 

Post#181 » by KHRICH » Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:48 pm

Lowry, Wall, Kyrie, IT, Kemba I cannot move it up further than that just look at yesterday's game as an example same amount of points as Butler but one finishes -10 and the other +10 Thomas is great in the forth probably the best of the group in the 4th but I cannot ignore everything before that.
Boston34Bg
RealGM
Posts: 10,021
And1: 3,045
Joined: Feb 12, 2010
Location: Somewhere in Boston
     

Re: Is Isiash Thomas the best PG in the EAST? 

Post#182 » by Boston34Bg » Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:04 pm

KHRICH wrote:Lowry, Wall, Kyrie, IT, Kemba I cannot move it up further than that just look at yesterday's game as an example same amount of points as Butler but one finishes -10 and the other +10 Thomas is great in the forth probably the best of the group in the 4th but I cannot ignore everything before that.


Thomas has been playing with the flu for a few games now. He hasn't shot the ball too well in these games. It is what it is. I love how |Raptors fans are everywhere in this thread saying "Lowry is better". Makes me feel good, cause it means you're threatened. :lol:
The playoff push!
shukle
Freshman
Posts: 99
And1: 126
Joined: Jan 12, 2012

Re: Is Isiash Thomas the best PG in the EAST? 

Post#183 » by shukle » Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:07 pm

Sisqo wrote:
robbie84 wrote:
shukle wrote:We will see what happens in the playoffs...

Some of you have very short memories about Kyrie. Don't you guys remember him consistently outplaying the unanimous MVP last june? As well as every other PG's he faced en route to a championship winning shot?

It's pretty funny cuz the same guys bashing Kyrie for being overrated are bashing LBJ for needing a stacked team to win. Either Kyrie/Love are amazing and LBJ has a stacked team, or they're overrated and LBJ is still doing it mostly by himself. Can't have both.



Kyrie is great, but does he get out of the first round without Lebron?


Better question is does he get TO the first round without lebron.

Well, I guess we'll see in the playoffs who outplays who... Kyrie elevates his game in the playoffs. Lowry shrinks.
KHRICH
Pro Prospect
Posts: 766
And1: 612
Joined: May 01, 2014
         

Re: Is Isiash Thomas the best PG in the EAST? 

Post#184 » by KHRICH » Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:08 pm

Boston34Bg wrote:
KHRICH wrote:Lowry, Wall, Kyrie, IT, Kemba I cannot move it up further than that just look at yesterday's game as an example same amount of points as Butler but one finishes -10 and the other +10 Thomas is great in the forth probably the best of the group in the 4th but I cannot ignore everything before that.


Thomas has been playing with the flu for a few games now. He hasn't shot the ball too well in these games. It is what it is. I love how |Raptors fans are everywhere in this thread saying "Lowry is better". Makes me feel good, cause it means you're threatened. :lol:

Threatened :lol: nice excuse the flu haha, stick to your line of work as clearly you are some sort of therapist
KHRICH
Pro Prospect
Posts: 766
And1: 612
Joined: May 01, 2014
         

Re: Is Isiash Thomas the best PG in the EAST? 

Post#185 » by KHRICH » Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:11 pm

shukle wrote:
Sisqo wrote:
robbie84 wrote:

Kyrie is great, but does he get out of the first round without Lebron?


Better question is does he get TO the first round without lebron.

Well, I guess we'll see in the playoffs who outplays who... Kyrie elevates his game in the playoffs. Lowry shrinks.

Kyrie has the best player on the planet playing next to him not hard for the pressure to be off him as he is Robin. Kyrie has never sniffed the playoffs without LeBron even when LeBron sits out games during the sEason he can't win without him I'd assume he'd learn to lead from seeing LeBron do it but nope.
User avatar
BeatDaCavs420
RealGM
Posts: 18,942
And1: 11,548
Joined: Mar 11, 2012
       

Re: Is Isiash Thomas the best PG in the EAST? 

Post#186 » by BeatDaCavs420 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:11 pm

In the playoffs this guy will be exposed not just because of his size but because he really don't have a second player around him that can put up the numbers he can

Teams will do what they did with the bulls and prime Rose. When they just put Lebron on Rose, we all seen what happened..Same thing will happen here...Don't see the Celtics making much noise in playoffs unless they make some big trade
Image
Boston34Bg
RealGM
Posts: 10,021
And1: 3,045
Joined: Feb 12, 2010
Location: Somewhere in Boston
     

Re: Is Isiash Thomas the best PG in the EAST? 

Post#187 » by Boston34Bg » Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:15 pm

KHRICH wrote:
Boston34Bg wrote:
KHRICH wrote:Lowry, Wall, Kyrie, IT, Kemba I cannot move it up further than that just look at yesterday's game as an example same amount of points as Butler but one finishes -10 and the other +10 Thomas is great in the forth probably the best of the group in the 4th but I cannot ignore everything before that.


Thomas has been playing with the flu for a few games now. He hasn't shot the ball too well in these games. It is what it is. I love how |Raptors fans are everywhere in this thread saying "Lowry is better". Makes me feel good, cause it means you're threatened. :lol:

Threatened :lol: nice excuse the flu haha, stick to your line of work as clearly you are some sort of therapist


2 of our best players have missed about 50 games. All of our starting lineup has missed games this season. We still have better record than you and Thomas has led us to it. I will not argue with you. I'd say Thomas has had a better season than Lowry. Lowry has been good for a longer period of time.
The playoff push!
shukle
Freshman
Posts: 99
And1: 126
Joined: Jan 12, 2012

Re: Is Isiash Thomas the best PG in the EAST? 

Post#188 » by shukle » Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:16 pm

KHRICH wrote:
shukle wrote:
Sisqo wrote:
Better question is does he get TO the first round without lebron.

Well, I guess we'll see in the playoffs who outplays who... Kyrie elevates his game in the playoffs. Lowry shrinks.

Kyrie has the best player on the planet playing next to him not hard for the pressure to be off him as he is Robin. Kyrie has never sniffed the playoffs without LeBron even when LeBron sits out games during the sEason he can't win without him I'd assume he'd learn to lead from seeing LeBron do it but nope.

So what? Every player in the NBA has help, that's the point of a team game. And did you just not see Kyrie burying the wizards in OT with LBJ on the bench? Kyrie is the kind of player that doesn't need pressure taken off him. He is one of the greatest isolation scorers in the NBA. Wall, IT and Lowry are great point guards, but acting like they're obviously better than Kyrie is being a homer.
Once again, Kyrie outplayed Curry in a 7 games series, the unanimous 2 times MVP. And don't tell me Curry doesn't have anyone to take pressure off him.
ChiCityHoops34
Rookie
Posts: 1,076
And1: 1,223
Joined: Jan 20, 2016
     

Re: Is Isiash Thomas the best PG in the EAST? 

Post#189 » by ChiCityHoops34 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:18 pm

BeatDaCavs420 wrote:In the playoffs this guy will be exposed not just because of his size but because he really don't have a second player around him that can put up the numbers he can

Teams will do what they did with the bulls and prime Rose. When they just put Lebron on Rose, we all seen what happened..Same thing will happen here...Don't see the Celtics making much noise in playoffs unless they make some big trade


Been saying this exact thing on the forum all year. Celtics fans blind defending of IT is similar to how defensive us Bulls fans would get about rose. Rose was 5 inches taller, better, and still couldn't get around Lebron. There isn't a thing IT will be able to do when it comes to that the same way Rose couldn't as a bigger, faster, stronger guard. Lebron hits create a player in 2 k level on defense in crunch time.
KHRICH
Pro Prospect
Posts: 766
And1: 612
Joined: May 01, 2014
         

Re: Is Isiash Thomas the best PG in the EAST? 

Post#190 » by KHRICH » Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:35 pm

ChiCityHoops34 wrote:
BeatDaCavs420 wrote:In the playoffs this guy will be exposed not just because of his size but because he really don't have a second player around him that can put up the numbers he can

Teams will do what they did with the bulls and prime Rose. When they just put Lebron on Rose, we all seen what happened..Same thing will happen here...Don't see the Celtics making much noise in playoffs unless they make some big trade


Been saying this exact thing on the forum all year. Celtics fans blind defending of IT is similar to how defensive us Bulls fans would get about rose. Rose was 5 inches taller, better, and still couldn't get around Lebron. There isn't a thing IT will be able to do when it comes to that the same way Rose couldn't as a bigger, faster, stronger guard. Lebron hits create a player in 2 k level on defense in crunch time.

I just don't see this stage lebron having as much energy to do that for a series but shumpert can annoy IT
ChiCityHoops34
Rookie
Posts: 1,076
And1: 1,223
Joined: Jan 20, 2016
     

Re: Is Isiash Thomas the best PG in the EAST? 

Post#191 » by ChiCityHoops34 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:41 pm

KHRICH wrote:
ChiCityHoops34 wrote:
BeatDaCavs420 wrote:In the playoffs this guy will be exposed not just because of his size but because he really don't have a second player around him that can put up the numbers he can

Teams will do what they did with the bulls and prime Rose. When they just put Lebron on Rose, we all seen what happened..Same thing will happen here...Don't see the Celtics making much noise in playoffs unless they make some big trade


Been saying this exact thing on the forum all year. Celtics fans blind defending of IT is similar to how defensive us Bulls fans would get about rose. Rose was 5 inches taller, better, and still couldn't get around Lebron. There isn't a thing IT will be able to do when it comes to that the same way Rose couldn't as a bigger, faster, stronger guard. Lebron hits create a player in 2 k level on defense in crunch time.

I just don't see this stage lebron having as much energy to do that for a series but shumpert can annoy IT


If you don't think Lebron can stay in front of a 5 '8 non athletic dude the last 2 minutes of a playoff game you're crazy. Shump will guard him all game while Lebron sticks Crowder and coasts while tries to do whatever it is he tries to do, then switch onto IT. Not much offense on Boston outside of IT, I think the Wizards and maybe even the Raptors are a tougher match up for the Cavs.
User avatar
BeatDaCavs420
RealGM
Posts: 18,942
And1: 11,548
Joined: Mar 11, 2012
       

Re: Is Isiash Thomas the best PG in the EAST? 

Post#192 » by BeatDaCavs420 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:49 pm

KHRICH wrote:
ChiCityHoops34 wrote:
BeatDaCavs420 wrote:In the playoffs this guy will be exposed not just because of his size but because he really don't have a second player around him that can put up the numbers he can

Teams will do what they did with the bulls and prime Rose. When they just put Lebron on Rose, we all seen what happened..Same thing will happen here...Don't see the Celtics making much noise in playoffs unless they make some big trade


Been saying this exact thing on the forum all year. Celtics fans blind defending of IT is similar to how defensive us Bulls fans would get about rose. Rose was 5 inches taller, better, and still couldn't get around Lebron. There isn't a thing IT will be able to do when it comes to that the same way Rose couldn't as a bigger, faster, stronger guard. Lebron hits create a player in 2 k level on defense in crunch time.

I just don't see this stage lebron having as much energy to do that for a series but shumpert can annoy IT

You're in for a big surprise then my friend

I've learned time and time again NEVER to count out Lebron come playoff time.
Image
shukle
Freshman
Posts: 99
And1: 126
Joined: Jan 12, 2012

Re: Is Isiash Thomas the best PG in the EAST? 

Post#193 » by shukle » Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:50 pm

KHRICH wrote:
ChiCityHoops34 wrote:
BeatDaCavs420 wrote:In the playoffs this guy will be exposed not just because of his size but because he really don't have a second player around him that can put up the numbers he can

Teams will do what they did with the bulls and prime Rose. When they just put Lebron on Rose, we all seen what happened..Same thing will happen here...Don't see the Celtics making much noise in playoffs unless they make some big trade


Been saying this exact thing on the forum all year. Celtics fans blind defending of IT is similar to how defensive us Bulls fans would get about rose. Rose was 5 inches taller, better, and still couldn't get around Lebron. There isn't a thing IT will be able to do when it comes to that the same way Rose couldn't as a bigger, faster, stronger guard. Lebron hits create a player in 2 k level on defense in crunch time.

I just don't see this stage lebron having as much energy to do that for a series but shumpert can annoy IT

LBJ wont guard IT for 7 games, just the last 2-3 minutes of every game. I can"t wait until IT tries to blow by LBJ and gets stuffed at the rim over and over again.
User avatar
BeatDaCavs420
RealGM
Posts: 18,942
And1: 11,548
Joined: Mar 11, 2012
       

Re: Is Isiash Thomas the best PG in the EAST? 

Post#194 » by BeatDaCavs420 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:53 pm

And not just the Cavs I feel like any team they face will use that strategy with putting their best defender on him and let the rest of the Celtics try an beat them

If the Bulls face them I hope we do that with Jimmy...Not all game but enough to not make IT a huge factor
Image
User avatar
Birth of the Cool
Starter
Posts: 2,426
And1: 620
Joined: Dec 23, 2005

Re: Is Isiash Thomas the best PG in the EAST? 

Post#195 » by Birth of the Cool » Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:05 pm

I'd take John Wall over any other PG in the East.

Kyrie Irving has amazing handles, great shot & some clutch genes but he you have to respect what Thomas has done with his roster which I don't believe Kyrie would replicate if they switched teams.

Of course I love Kyle Lowry but he has a tendency to be a chucker and if that 3pt shot isn't falling he can be negated a lot. He also has gotten very lazy on defense using his arms way more than his legs this year and he's always had the potential to be a thorn to his Coach due to his temperament which also make him so feisty on the court so it's a double edged sword.

I'd go
Wall
Walker
Thomas
Irving / Lowry
in the long run (length of a new contract for example) but for this year I'd still go Wall, then Thomas...etc
User avatar
GreenBloodedC
General Manager
Posts: 9,589
And1: 8,065
Joined: May 08, 2012

Re: Is Isiash Thomas the best PG in the EAST? 

Post#196 » by GreenBloodedC » Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:07 pm

BeatDaCavs420 wrote:In the playoffs this guy will be exposed not just because of his size but because he really don't have a second player around him that can put up the numbers he can

Teams will do what they did with the bulls and prime Rose. When they just put Lebron on Rose, we all seen what happened..Same thing will happen here...Don't see the Celtics making much noise in playoffs unless they make some big trade

Then the team will be exposed, not him.
Image
London2Boston
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,614
And1: 6,338
Joined: Apr 14, 2014
     

Re: Is Isiash Thomas the best PG in the EAST? 

Post#197 » by London2Boston » Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:15 pm

He's up there with Wall, probably just below. Celtics have a worse record with any other East PG imo. I would take playoff Kyrie over any though.
User avatar
BeatDaCavs420
RealGM
Posts: 18,942
And1: 11,548
Joined: Mar 11, 2012
       

Re: Is Isiash Thomas the best PG in the EAST? 

Post#198 » by BeatDaCavs420 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:17 pm

GreenBloodedC wrote:
BeatDaCavs420 wrote:In the playoffs this guy will be exposed not just because of his size but because he really don't have a second player around him that can put up the numbers he can

Teams will do what they did with the bulls and prime Rose. When they just put Lebron on Rose, we all seen what happened..Same thing will happen here...Don't see the Celtics making much noise in playoffs unless they make some big trade

Then the team will be exposed, not him.

Well his weakness will be exposed which is his size
Image
User avatar
BeatDaCavs420
RealGM
Posts: 18,942
And1: 11,548
Joined: Mar 11, 2012
       

Re: Is Isiash Thomas the best PG in the EAST? 

Post#199 » by BeatDaCavs420 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:18 pm

Birth of the Cool wrote:I'd take John Wall over any other PG in the East.

Kyrie Irving has amazing handles, great shot & some clutch genes but he you have to respect what Thomas has done with his roster which I don't believe Kyrie would replicate if they switched teams.

Of course I love Kyle Lowry but he has a tendency to be a chucker and if that 3pt shot isn't falling he can be negated a lot. He also has gotten very lazy on defense using his arms way more than his legs this year and he's always had the potential to be a thorn to his Coach due to his temperament which also make him so feisty on the court so it's a double edged sword.

I'd go
Wall
Walker
Thomas
Irving / Lowry
in the long run (length of a new contract for example) but for this year I'd still go Wall, then Thomas...etc

You think Thomas is better than Irving?

Whaaaaat lol
Image
User avatar
NinjaBro
RealGM
Posts: 14,116
And1: 21,697
Joined: Aug 21, 2014
 

Re: Is Isiash Thomas the best PG in the EAST? 

Post#200 » by NinjaBro » Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:24 pm

Boston34Bg wrote:
KHRICH wrote:Lowry, Wall, Kyrie, IT, Kemba I cannot move it up further than that just look at yesterday's game as an example same amount of points as Butler but one finishes -10 and the other +10 Thomas is great in the forth probably the best of the group in the 4th but I cannot ignore everything before that.


Thomas has been playing with the flu for a few games now. He hasn't shot the ball too well in these games. It is what it is. I love how |Raptors fans are everywhere in this thread saying "Lowry is better". Makes me feel good, cause it means you're threatened. :lol:


It's the other way around. When Raptor or non raptor fans tell you Lowry is better, it's just the STONE COLD truth and has been backed up by every advance stat that matters. You're the one that feels "threatened" because you can't handle it and have to make yourself feel better by dismissing everyone else, coming up with cockamania excuses like the "flu" :rolleyes: when someone presents you an argument.

Return to The General Board