Indiana Media on Paul George (UPDATE: Pg 4)

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Trippinskarlo
Rookie
And1: 1,326

Re: Indiana Media on Paul George 

Post#61 » by Trippinskarlo » Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:14 am

KnightofHyrule wrote:Joseph, Carroll, Sullinger, Bebe + pick to Indiana for George and Seraphin.

Starters:
PG Lowry
SG DeRozan
SF George
PF Ibaka
C Valanciunas

Bench:
PG Wright
SG VanVleet
SF Powell
PF Patterson/Poeltl
C Seraphin

The chip?

That offer gets trumped by 10 other teams but for the sake of conversation I think that team gets by the cavs and gives the warriors a series. Butler probably more probable but would need multiple unprotected picks.
leoshes
Veteran
And1: 5,437

Post#62 » by leoshes » Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:39 am

PG is one of my fav players, & i consider him to be more, or less the 2nd best player in the east. But i dont like that he wont play PF at times for the betterment of the team. If he really wants to win he will have to bite the bullet every once in a while.
Totem
Analyst
And1: 3,161

Post#63 » by Totem » Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:08 am

Trippinskarlo wrote:
KnightofHyrule wrote:Joseph, Carroll, Sullinger, Bebe + pick to Indiana for George and Seraphin.

Starters:
PG Lowry
SG DeRozan
SF George
PF Ibaka
C Valanciunas

Bench:
PG Wright
SG VanVleet
SF Powell
PF Patterson/Poeltl
C Seraphin

The chip?

That offer gets trumped by 10 other teams but for the sake of conversation I think that team gets by the cavs and gives the warriors a series. Butler probably more probable but would need multiple unprotected picks.

We need y'all to trade for one so we could get the other. You guys are holding us up.
Product of TZ
Pinkyring
RealGM
And1: 6,327

Post#64 » by Pinkyring » Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:32 am

He should definitely get moved, he's wavering about re signing, you're not winning, he doesn't put butts in seats, and they aren't a free agent destination, no upside to keeping him and letting him test the market. If im boston i trade the Brooklyn pick for him and dont look back, maybe brooklyn pick zeller and bradley, i know for the mavs if we get a top 5 pick this summer I'd offer it up asap. Matthews barnes george make a solid trio
Hindenburg
Head Coach
And1: 13,854

Post#65 » by Hindenburg » Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:42 am

How would he even work in Chicago with Butler? Don't they essentially play the same position? Raptors would probably be the best fit in the East, Clippers in the West. Celtics are the most realistic scenario as they have the most assets
NewEra21
Pro Prospect
And1: 414

Post#66 » by NewEra21 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:46 am

Hindenburg wrote:How would he even work in Chicago with Butler? Don't they essentially play the same position? Raptors would probably be the best fit in the East, Clippers in the West. Celtics are the most realistic scenario as they have the most assets

Both are interchangeable at the 2 or 3. Plus George like to hang around the perimeter more and shoot threes while Jimmy prefers to get to the rack and draw fouls. They'd actually work very well together.
xxSnEaKyPxx
RealGM
And1: 15,323

Post#67 » by xxSnEaKyPxx » Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:02 am

Kevistics wrote:Demar derozan and Jonas Valancuinas for Paul george and Myles Turner.

You should be banned from posting trades.
PierceFan4ever
RealGM
And1: 38,436

Post#68 » by PierceFan4ever » Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:02 am

This Paul George news about not ready to commit and this is bad news for the Pacers. Honestly they should start looking to trade him before he bolts, too many stars now adays are leaving to join contending teams. Can't be making the same mistake like the Lakers did with Howard, Hawks with Horford, and so forth. Kind of reminds me of Lebron and Durant when they didn't sound too committed to their team.'
xxSnEaKyPxx
RealGM
And1: 15,323

Post#69 » by xxSnEaKyPxx » Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:05 am

Paul George has had one foot out the door all season. All the warning signs are there. Larry Bird is going to ruin Myles Turner future by putting all his eggs in a broken Paul George basket. When George leaves, the Pacers are going to have Myles Turner and.....well, nothing at all.
OptionZero
Starter
And1: 1,828

Post#70 » by OptionZero » Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:30 am

I'm sure this is TOTALLY unrelated . . .

ESPN's Chris Haynes (very well connected around the league) now reporting that IND is willing to deal its first-round pick for immediate help around George:

In an attempt to secure help for All-Star forward Paul George, the Indiana Pacers have made their 2017 first-round pick available in a trade, league sources said.

In what is considered to be a deep draft, the Pacers are hoping that such an asset would translate to the addition of either an established wing or established frontline player, according to sources.

There is hesitancy within the organization to relinquish the precious pick, but the Pacers (29-28) have lost six in a row (only the nine-win Nets currently have a longer losing streak, at 14 games) and are only two games from dropping into the eighth and final playoff spot in the East.

I don't see any obvious trades for IND. They could use an upgrade at starting 2-guard as well as better overall front court depth. I'm sure a backup PF/C could be head in this buyer's market for bigs if they're putting a mid 1st out there, but i don't see a wing that can help them.

Salary matching could be rough as well, they don't have any expirings beyond Aaron brooks.
Westbreezy
Pro Prospect
And1: 951

Post#71 » by Westbreezy » Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:36 am

OptionZero wrote:I'm sure this is TOTALLY unrelated . . .

ESPN's Chris Haynes (very well connected around the league) now reporting that IND is willing to deal its first-round pick for immediate help around George:

In an attempt to secure help for All-Star forward Paul George, the Indiana Pacers have made their 2017 first-round pick available in a trade, league sources said.

In what is considered to be a deep draft, the Pacers are hoping that such an asset would translate to the addition of either an established wing or established frontline player, according to sources.

There is hesitancy within the organization to relinquish the precious pick, but the Pacers (29-28) have lost six in a row (only the nine-win Nets currently have a longer losing streak, at 14 games) and are only two games from dropping into the eighth and final playoff spot in the East.

I don't see any obvious trades for IND. They could use an upgrade at starting 2-guard as well as better overall front court depth. I'm sure a backup PF/C could be head in this buyer's market for bigs if they're putting a mid 1st out there, but i don't see a wing that can help them.

Salary matching could be rough as well, they don't have any expirings beyond Aaron brooks.

6. Man. Like. Lou. Will.
dub81 wrote:Byron had to do one of two things this year: Either win games or develop the youth. Swung and missed wildly on both.

Lakers 2015-16 Season in a Nutshell
-TheDocOfDenial
Lead Assistant
And1: 9,179

Post#72 » by -TheDocOfDenial » Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:47 am

Westbreezy wrote:

6. Man. Like. Lou. Will.

If a GM trades a first rounder for lou will he should be fired immediately.
Westbreezy
Pro Prospect
And1: 951

Post#73 » by Westbreezy » Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:56 am

-TheDocOfDenial wrote:
Westbreezy wrote:

6. Man. Like. Lou. Will.

Oh but its fine for a 36 year old Kyle Korver :lol:? Assuming the pick is lottery protected, I can't think of a better player they'll get for that pick at that level of protection.
dub81 wrote:Byron had to do one of two things this year: Either win games or develop the youth. Swung and missed wildly on both.

Lakers 2015-16 Season in a Nutshell
-TheDocOfDenial
Lead Assistant
And1: 9,179

Post#74 » by -TheDocOfDenial » Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:08 am

Westbreezy wrote:
-TheDocOfDenial wrote:
Westbreezy wrote:
6. Man. Like. Lou. Will.

Oh but its fine for a 36 year old Kyle Korver :lol:? Assuming the pick is lottery protected, I can't think of a better player they'll get for that pick at that level of protection.

i would rather have korver than lou will (also its the cavs, the most extreme example). Lou will is not going to help the pacers beat the cavs or even get to the ECF, why trade a first rounder in a super deep draft for a guy who is going to get u 15 a game but give up 20 and kill all ball movement. Rather use that first to grab darren collison or a wilson chandler.
nbafan341
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,148

Post#75 » by nbafan341 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:46 am

xxSnEaKyPxx wrote:
Kevistics wrote:Demar derozan and Jonas Valancuinas for Paul george and Myles Turner.

You should be banned from posting trades.

LAst i check, demar is averaging 28/5/4 on a winnig team much better than george at this stage of his career. You should be banned for being so sensitive
RaptorsLife
RealGM
And1: 84,016

Re: Indiana Media on Paul George (UPDATE: Pg 4) 

Post#76 » by RaptorsLife » Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:33 am

Didn't the Pacers trade there first round pick for Thad young last year. Can't trade a first round pick back to back years
Raptors til death
Saul Goodman
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,367

Post#77 » by Saul Goodman » Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:37 am

Starters:
PG Lowry
SG DeRozan
SF George
PF Ibaka
C Valanciunas

Bench:
PG Wright
SG VanVleet
SF Powell
PF Patterson/Poeltl
C Seraphin

The chip?

your'e looking at at least this

Poetl
Siakam
Wright
Carroll
Sully
2017 1st
2019 unprotected 1st

for

PG
Monta
2016 GMAT Blazers

Howard/Nene/
Griffin/M.Leonard/T.Jones
Porter/Marc.Morris/J.Johnson
McCollum/Stauskas/Thompson/Seldon
Lillard/Bayless/DeColo
whocurrz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,454

Post#78 » by whocurrz » Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:01 am

ZaborgZaloog wrote:
whocurrz wrote:
Illmatic12 wrote:PG was joking around with Wall and Beal during our last game. We would have to clear a lot of capspace in 2018 but would love to see PG13 teaming up with a real point guard

Wizards should try to get a package around Porter, and picks. Probably have to include Gortat because of salary and he's still a positive asset but if Mahinmi regains form and they have a core with a nice future that could give the Cavs a nice run for their money. Doubt it works but Porter's value is at its highest.

This is a MASSIVE overpay for PG and there's no way Washington should do that. We can't afford to gut our only consistent big

MASSIVE overpay for Paul George? You must be joking. Porter is good and worth keeping but gonna get PAID probably more than George and although Gortat is good if you can get George you take that and run.
Jarret Jack: “I brought one of my best suits. But looking down at this jersey, it’s just a sense of pride I don’t think I’ve ever felt as a professional. … Nothing in my closet is better than what I have on now."
lambchop
General Manager
And1: 9,217

Post#79 » by lambchop » Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:07 am

I can understand george. If he sticks with indy, he basically has to wait until bron retires or hope that Turner makes huge strides. Both will take years.
I think PG will join the warriors.
So many people who attain the heights of power in this culture—celebrities, for instance—have to make a show of false humility and modesty, as if they got as far as they did by accident and not by ego or ambition.
bigpimpatl
Veteran
And1: 1,263

Post#80 » by bigpimpatl » Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:27 am

RaptorsLife wrote:Didn't the Pacers trade there first round pick for Thad young last year. Can't trade a first round pick back to back years

that's the Stepien Rule for future drafts. Indy doesn't owe any team any future 1st round picks.

Return to The General Board