Ball Family & Big Baller Brand Megathread

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 91,132

Re: Ball Family & Big Baller Brand Megathread 

Post#1981 » by Capn'O » Tue Dec 5, 2017 1:10 am

BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 64,640

Re: Ball Family & Big Baller Brand Megathread 

Post#1982 » by Duke4life831 » Tue Dec 5, 2017 1:25 am

Oscirus wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:
Oscirus wrote:Chris Smith was on an nba roster for a minute, it could happen foor Liangelo, highly doubt it though.

Chris Smith was a 5 year college player who played for Louisville as a Junior and Senior. Gelo is nowhere near the player Chris Smith was coming out of Louisville. Again we are talking about a freshman that is not good enough to be on a power conference college team. He doesnt come close to comparing with guys that played 4-5 years of college ball.

No one would ever be saying guys like Christian Popoola, Sean Mobley, Chris Duarte, Jamir Moultrie and others would make a SL roster next year. For those who dont know those guys, those are guys that were ranked right around Gelo Ball in this past year's recruiting class (in the 200s).

Let's say Lonzo becomes the franchise PG of the Lakers dream, you don't think around contract time that Lonzo could finagle at least a summer league spot for his brother? Admittedly, that's a while down the line, but still.

Difference between the guys you posted and Liangelo is they don't have connections, he does. At this current moment or even the next year? Hell no. He likely won't even get a tryout but in the future it's a possibility me thinks. A long shot but a possibility.

I definitely think that's a possible scenario. Again this was all primarily on reply to a post saying he will be on a SL roster. There is 0 chance that he gets a SL roster spot next year, and my post above talking about no way those guys would ever get a SL spot next year, especially without playing a minute of college ball this year.

If Ball becomes a legit star say in 5 years and Gelo builds up say 5 solid years of over seas experience I can see it maybe. I still think it's going to be hard for Gelo to get many over seas opportunities in the next couple years. I also don't think Lonzo will be a big enough star to get LA to sign someone who isn't even an over seas level talent. Gelo really isn't that good of a player.

Return to The General Board