Warriors upset because KD was not pampered by OKC mgmt. For real?

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

michaelm
RealGM
And1: 4,795

Re: Warriors upset because KD was not pampered by OKC mgmt. For real? 

Post#141 » by michaelm » Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:27 am

Simmons25 wrote:
ShazamDaShiznt wrote:
London2Boston wrote:
You would think there was a lesson from the Election.. :lol:

what does election have to do with this? Yall coming up with some of these examples just to try to sound smart :lol: in election every vote has the same value, so if you are giving this example you are saying that for KD every teams fanbase matters the same :lol:

LOL wut. :lol: :lol: It's actually a damn good analogy...

I believe the point he is making is about the electoral college system which is the reason Donald Trump won the Presidency. It's there to stop California and New York which have the most population... from ruining the rest of the country by thinking they know better than everyone else and that their opinion matters more. Hence why we have an electoral college and not the "popular vote".

The throwing of the toys out of the pram by those in California and New York over Trump winning and them not getting what they want.... is pretty indicative of the sort of thing the Warriors are doing when they cry and complain over every little thing that doesn't go their way... like they have a sense of entitlement well and above what everyone else is allowed to have.

And to correct your other claim... of "every vote has the same value" well no it doesn't.... otherwise Killary Clinton would currently be President.

If you want to extend things to this degree, antipathy to GSW could on the other hand reflect a desire to find something external to blame for generalised dissatisfaction with life as seems to have been the case for many who voted for Trump given this was his main campaign message.
michaelm
RealGM

Post#142 » by michaelm » Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:28 am

Double
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,661

Post#143 » by Coxy » Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:41 am

michaelm wrote:
Simmons25 wrote:
ShazamDaShiznt wrote:
what does election have to do with this? Yall coming up with some of these examples just to try to sound smart :lol: in election every vote has the same value, so if you are giving this example you are saying that for KD every teams fanbase matters the same :lol:

I believe the point he is making is about the electoral college system which is the reason Donald Trump won the Presidency. It's there to stop California and New York which have the most population... from ruining the rest of the country by thinking they know better than everyone else and that their opinion matters more. Hence why we have an electoral college and not the "popular vote".

The throwing of the toys out of the pram by those in California and New York over Trump winning and them not getting what they want.... is pretty indicative of the sort of thing the Warriors are doing when they cry and complain over every little thing that doesn't go their way... like they have a sense of entitlement well and above what everyone else is allowed to have.

And to correct your other claim... of "every vote has the same value" well no it doesn't.... otherwise Killary Clinton would currently be President.

If you want to extend things to this degree, antipathy to GSW could on the other hand reflect a desire to find something external to blame for generalised dissatisfaction with life as seems to have been the case for many who voted for Trump given allocating similar blame to others was his main campaign message.

likashing
Head Coach
And1: 1,959

Post#144 » by likashing » Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:32 am

The OKC fans posting baits disappeared quickly.

Btw, you guys got baited by Haynes who quote imaginary friends to stir emotions out of you guys.

Kerr and Curry dismissed the reports. Maybe Haynes imaginary team official is the team accountant or chief janitor.
Mark Jackson wrote:Playoff preparation is overrated... I’m going to get my rest. I’m not going to grow old and be stressed out and get gray hair.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

Post#145 » by bondom34 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:36 am

likashing wrote:The OKC fans posting baits disappeared quickly.

Btw, you guys got baited by Haynes who quote imaginary friends to stir emotions out of you guys.

Kerr and Curry dismissed the reports. Maybe Haynes imaginary team official is the team accountant or chief janitor.

So Haynes bashing the Thunder fans is on who then? Because I don't know what his master plan is.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
Warriors07
Rookie
And1: 750

Post#146 » by Warriors07 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:00 am

Pathetic, glad the Warriors are getting so much hate and criticism by other "fans".

Because dubsnation doesnt need braindead people who allows random sports article to control their emotion, especially one written with **** intention, **** content, and **** of credibility all over it.

I'll be more happy if the Warriors continue to displease more "fans"- these fans are so easily angered and overreacting while they dont matter at all...
Simmons25
Analyst
And1: 2,235

Post#147 » by Simmons25 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:19 am

michaelm wrote:
Simmons25 wrote:
ShazamDaShiznt wrote:

If you want to extend things to this degree, antipathy to GSW could on the other hand reflect a desire to find something external to blame for generalised dissatisfaction with life as seems to have been the case for many who voted for Trump given this was his main campaign message.

haha I don't know about you.. but the Trump supporters I know are literally rolling around like pigs in ****... so happy are they with how everything is going under the Trump world. They can't stop smiling. Me on the other hand don't care too much as I didn't vote for anyone.
BackseatBoss
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,269

Post#148 » by BackseatBoss » Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:28 am

Warriors07 wrote:Pathetic, glad the Warriors are getting so much hate and criticism by other "fans".

Because dubsnation doesnt need braindead people who allows random sports article to control their emotion, especially one written with **** intention, **** content, and **** of credibility all over it.

I'll be more happy if the Warriors continue to displease more "fans"- these fans are so easily angered and overreacting while they dont matter at all...

Considering on how much talk there is about all the fake news and reports that come up with absolutely zero facts to back them up you'd think people would know better than to blindly trust whatever they read... But here we are, people once more not fact checking things as long as it pleases their opinion and the only people that care to look into it are the ones who don't agree with it... It shouldn't be like this.
michaelm
RealGM

Post#149 » by michaelm » Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:34 am

Simmons25 wrote:
michaelm wrote:
Simmons25 wrote:

haha I don't know about you.. but the Trump supporters I know are literally rolling around like pigs in ****... so happy are they with how everything is going under the Trump world. They can't stop smiling. Me on the other hand don't care too much as I didn't vote for anyone.

My point was that his main campaign message to his supporters seemed to be that if they were not satisfied with their lives it wasn't down to they themselves, but rather Muslims, Mexicans, cultural elites, nasty women, climate scientists, China, international trade conspiracies, etc, etc.
Mikey111690
Pro Prospect
And1: 847

Post#150 » by Mikey111690 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:18 am

Just a bunch of entitled bitches. It's the reason why KD went there because he fits that mold to a tee.
righterwriter
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,536

Post#151 » by righterwriter » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:25 am

I just posted a thread here on the GB about how ESPN cut a video to make it look like Draymond was saying that he knew Curry and WB would fight last night. It was totally out of context as Draymond was talking about how he knew he'd get a technical for being involved in any way.

If ESPN can go as far as cutting video to make fake news, why would anyone believe that their business culture wouldn't make up other stories using "unnamed sources" in order to bring people to their site?

Take all of these articles using unnamed sources with a grain of salt. This is a business and ESPN is doing anything it can to try to keep people clicking on their site.
Simmons25
Analyst

Post#152 » by Simmons25 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:18 am

michaelm wrote:My point was that his main campaign message to his supporters seemed to be that if they were not satisfied with their lives it wasn't down to they themselves, but rather Muslims, Mexicans, cultural elites, nasty women, climate scientists, China, international trade conspiracies, etc, etc.

Quite honestly... if that is the message you got out of Trump's campaign... it is no wonder the left are literally rocking in the foetal position. Sounds more like you got CNN'd than Trump'd.

This is the message I got and why Trump got voted in:

Muslin Ban - The LEFT see racism. The RIGHT see protection of the country from Terrorism. (Hey Obama did the identical thing... where was all the handwringing then?)

Mexicans - The LEFT see racism. The RIGHT see the protection of millions of American jobs that are lost to illegal immigrants who work illegally many for below wage... contributing to the high unemployment rate in the US.... not to mention a increase in gang related drugs and crime. (Hey Obama deported more people than any other President in history... hand wringing and protests on the street anyone?)

Climate Change- The LEFT like to hug trees and/or are religious science zealots who are out to get anyone that is a heretic. The RIGHT see a LOT of money being made by a lot of wealthy people from things like Carbon credits... pay to pollute and are skeptical of alot of the data. Just spend 5 minutes researching how much money Al Gore has made from this under Bill Clinton. That alone demands an investigation.

China- The LEFT see racism. The RIGHT see a country that has been manipulating their currency for minimum the last 40 years and virtually pricing out the US from being able to afford to manufacture goods within the US.

International Trade Conspiracies- The LEFT believe everything they are told and refuses to look at anything they consider a "conspiracy". The RIGHT say.... hang on a sec... the TTP was an absolute disaster for the country... and hang on a sec.. what the **** do you mean there are countries in the middle east donating millions of dollars personally to the Clinton Foundation... and in return receiving favourable arms deals.

Now you might see why the RIGHT see Trump as somewhat of an intelligent man who "gets it" is going to "Drain the Swamp". he doesn't particular care about your feelings... he cares about doing what is best for the country.

The LEFT though see EVERYTHING through feelings. They filter everything through "Racism, Sexism etc etc" first before they will even bother to start to look at the facts.... and be damned if anyone believes different to them then you are a racist, sexist bigot!

That's why they are being known as the "intolerant left". It's this elitist mentality that the left and only the left can possibly be correct and everyone else is either a moron, a bigot a racist for believing otherwise. It's why Hillary called anyone who supported Trump a "basket of deplorables" and it's exactly why she lost the election. Not accepting other people's views and then going as far as to refer to them as bigots, idiots and racists... just because they think factually and not emotionally... is going to be why Trump ends up getting another 4 year term. It is no surprise whatsoever that California and New York are extreme left states.
baldur
RealGM
And1: 12,369

Post#153 » by baldur » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:21 am

Simmons25 wrote:
michaelm wrote:My point was that his main campaign message to his supporters seemed to be that if they were not satisfied with their lives it wasn't down to they themselves, but rather Muslims, Mexicans, cultural elites, nasty women, climate scientists, China, international trade conspiracies, etc, etc.

Quite honestly... if that is the message you got out of Trump's campaign... it is no wonder the left are literally rocking in the foetal position. Sounds more like you got CNN'd than Trump'd.

Muslin Ban - The LEFT see racism. The RIGHT see protection of the country from Terrorism. (Hey Obama did the identical thing... where was all the handwringing then?)

Mexicans - The LEFT see racism. The RIGHT see the protection of millions of American jobs that are lost to illegal immigrants who work illegally many for below wage... contributing to the high unemployment rate in the US.... not to mention a increase in gang related drugs and crime. (Hey Obama deported more people than any other President in history... hand wringing and protests on the street anyone?)

Climate Change- The LEFT like to hug trees and/or are religious science zealots who are out to get anyone that is a heretic. The RIGHT see a LOT of money being made by a lot of wealthy people from things like Carbon credits... pay to pollute and are skeptical of alot of the data. Just spend 5 minutes researching how much money Al Gore has made from this under Bill Clinton. That alone demands an investigation.

China- The LEFT see racism. The RIGHT see a country that has been manipulating their currency for minimum the last 40 years and virtually pricing out the US from being able to afford to manufacture goods within the US.

International Trade Conspiracies- The LEFT believe everything they are told and refuses to look at anything they consider a "conspiracy". The RIGHT say.... hang on a sec... the TTP was an absolute disaster for the country... and hang on a sec.. what the **** do you mean there are countries in the middle east donating millions of dollars personally to the Clinton Foundation... and in return receiving favourable arms deals.

Now you might see why the RIGHT see Trump as somewhat of an intelligent man who "gets it" is going to "Drain the Swamp". he doesn't particular care about your feelings... he cares about doing what is best for the country.

The LEFT though see EVERYTHING through feelings. They filter everything through "Racism, Sexism etc etc" first before they will even bother to start to look at the facts.... and be damned if anyone believes different to them then you are a racist, sexist bigot!

That's why they are being known as the "intolerant left"... it's why Hillary called anyone who supported Trump a "basket of deplorables" and it's exactly why she lost the election. Not accepting other people's views and then going as far as to refer to them as bigots, idiots and racists... just because they think factually and not emotionally... is going to be why Trump ends up getting another 4 year term.

if i were an american, these views above would make me vote for Trump.
Simmons25
Analyst

Post#154 » by Simmons25 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:49 am

Hammer. Nail. Head. Colin nails it.... says what everyone is already thinking about the Warriors.

TheSpursFan
Ballboy
And1: 31

Post#155 » by TheSpursFan » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:57 am

All Steve Kerr and Curry did was confirm that THEY had no issue with the Thunder management.

I never assumed they did when the story was published.

But do I believe the guy who got his feelings hurt by Jordan because of a joke and went to the league office to get someone to stop picking on his player was angry about KD not being pampered?

Absolutely.
Impuniti
General Manager
And1: 7,234

Post#156 » by Impuniti » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:22 pm

BackseatBoss wrote:
Warriors07 wrote:Pathetic, glad the Warriors are getting so much hate and criticism by other "fans".

Considering on how much talk there is about all the fake news and reports that come up with absolutely zero facts to back them up you'd think people would know better than to blindly trust whatever they read... But here we are, people once more not fact checking things as long as it pleases their opinion and the only people that care to look into it are the ones who don't agree with it... It shouldn't be like this.

People will always believe what they want to believe.
michaelm
RealGM

Post#157 » by michaelm » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:40 pm

Impuniti wrote:
BackseatBoss wrote:

People will always believe what they want to believe.

So Colin Cowherd is a reputable sports journalist now.

I clearly need to re-evaluate Stephen A Smith and Skip Bayless.
michaelm
RealGM

Post#158 » by michaelm » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:46 pm

Simmons25 wrote:

That's why they are being known as the "intolerant left". It's this elitist mentality that the left and only the left can possibly be correct and everyone else is either a moron, a bigot a racist for believing otherwise. It's why Hillary called anyone who supported Trump a "basket of deplorables" and it's exactly why she lost the election. Not accepting other people's views and then going as far as to refer to them as bigots, idiots and racists... just because they think factually and not emotionally... is going to be why Trump ends up getting another 4 year term. It is no surprise whatsoever that California and New York are extreme left states.

Yes, you must be right because you are right, and only "liberals" are biased.

I am actually Australian as it happens, but was in the USA in the lead up to the election and watched considerable coverage of the forthcoming election in a fairly broad-based fashion, including the late night evangelists who, oddly for me anyway, supported Trump.
oken
Pro Prospect
And1: 429

Post#159 » by oken » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:47 pm

Simmons25 wrote:
michaelm wrote:

As a Muslim I just wanted to correct this #AlternateFact as others require much lenghtier discussions but "Obama doing the same for Muslims" is just plain made up by Trump and just like the Sweden thing there is no such thing as Obama ban on immigration.

Just read these and first get an informed opinion on the matter instead of relying on Trump's words then we can discuss:

Trump says Obama banned refugees too. He’s wrong.
http://www.vox.com/world/2017/1/31/14444862/obama-refugee-ban-2011

Sorry, Mr. President: The Obama Administration Did Nothing Similar to Your Immigration Ban
http://foreignpolicy.com/2017/01/30/sorry-mr-president-the-obama-administration-did-nothing-similar-to-your-immigration-ban/
CnG
Rookie
And1: 2,554

Post#160 » by CnG » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:51 pm

bondom34 wrote:
510TWSS wrote:
bondom34 wrote:I mean, considering this same writer trashed Westbrook in February and Young instantly tweeted out Presti's reply, going to go no here. But if it makes anyone feel better to trash Royce sure. He's a good writer.

After reading what he and his wife are doing personally I cannot hate the guy whatsoever.

He annoyed me before but nothing but love to him and his fam.

For anyone interested:
http://kdvr.com/2017/02/22/father-writes-heartbreaking-tribute-to-wife-who-is-carrying-baby-without-a-brain-to-term/

Read that when it did the rounds a few weeks ago, genuinely teared up at numerous points in that.

Royce has some basketball takes I think are atrocious and for a beat writer he's a homer on unparalleled levels but no doubt he's a good guy. Wish him and his family all the best, his wife is amazing.
Read on Twitter

Return to The General Board