Who are the top 5 worst coaches in the league

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

LeMasta
Veteran
And1: 2,194

Re: Who are the top 5 worst coaches in the league 

Post#101 » by LeMasta » Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:54 pm

Tinseltown wrote:
LeMasta wrote:
Tinseltown wrote:It's amazing how you can win a title with a bottom 5 coach in the league as long as they're black. A white coach who won a title would never, ever be on these lists.

I mean, as long as you have LeBron on your team you might sneak in a championship with a mediocre coach

Lue isn't the only black championship winning coach on these lists.

Which ones are you talking about? I'm just looking at OP's list

edit: Just remembered Doc on the Celtics.
wizfactor94
Rookie
And1: 384

Post#102 » by wizfactor94 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:53 pm

Tinseltown wrote:
LeMasta wrote:
Tinseltown wrote:It's amazing how you can win a title with a bottom 5 coach in the league as long as they're black. A white coach who won a title would never, ever be on these lists.

I mean, as long as you have LeBron on your team you might sneak in a championship with a mediocre coach

Lue isn't the only black championship winning coach on these lists.

Who else?

Doc Rivers ? With a top 3 PF of all time? and 3 sure HOF lol?

not to mention the brains of the team ,,,,, Thibs ? lol
JudBuchler
Rookie
And1: 787

Post#103 » by JudBuchler » Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:06 am

I got killed for not having Kidd and hoiberg on my list, these guys look like Red Auerbach in the playoffs....and people had the audacity to question my list . And not having them

All my coaches on my list and honorable suck and they keep proving it
JudBuchler
Rookie

Post#104 » by JudBuchler » Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:09 am

Now that I sit back and look at it

Yeah black coaches do suck bad . Since it was brought up my list was all black .. Not my fault all those coaches are buffoons
GFreak34
Bench Warmer
And1: 203

Post#105 » by GFreak34 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:09 am

Alvin Gentry
Earl Watson
Kenny Atkinson
Tom Thibodeau
Dwane Casey
Nate505
RealGM
And1: 11,726

Post#106 » by Nate505 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:11 am

sp6r=underrated wrote:Doc the GM kills Doc the coach. He is above average as a coach.

I guess. Snyder just took him to school yesterday though.
DRK
RealGM
And1: 3,590

Post#107 » by DRK » Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:26 am

Green89 wrote:
DarkHawk wrote:Watson being on this list means you don't watch or follow the Suns at all. To say they aren't progressing solidifies that. Looking at the standings isn't a good way to judge who is a good coach and who is not.

His postgame comments where he basically challenged everyone to fight him over the Booker stat padding game says enough.

Somebody is bitter.
Hes a coach standing up for his player. Good for him. He loves his players and the players love him. Most importantly hes got the respect of the entire locker room.
He has managed to get a team of teenagers to bond together and give 110% every night, and the development of our players is evident in their obvious improvement throughout the season.
MrMiyagi wrote:Lob to DA for the win
mtron929
Head Coach
And1: 5,269

Post#108 » by mtron929 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:10 am

LeMasta wrote:Just noticed they're all black LMAO
come to think of it, is there any good black coaches?

I think what is clear from this analysis is that being a good player has really little correlation on being a good coach. In the past, people have pointed out that there is some injustice given that the proportion of African American coaches in the NBA is far lower than the proportion of African American players in the league. Now, we realize that it is not the proportion of African American coaches that is an anomaly but 100% it is the proportion of African American players.

In other words, African Americans are better than most at playing basketball. However, in terms of coaching, there is no intrinsic advantage to any one race. Accordingly, it should be the case that there are more white coaches compared to African American coaches given that whites are majority in this country. So there is no injustice here. If there were, then you would see most African American coaches being the best (akin to most African American players being the best). And there is too much data to suggest that this is indeed not the case.
The_Hater
GHOAT (Greatest Hater Of All Time)
And1: 40,048

Post#109 » by The_Hater » Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:01 am

XtremeDunkz wrote:
LeMasta wrote:Just noticed they're all black LMAO
come to think of it, is there any good black coaches?

Dwayne Casey even though he gets a lot of flack.

Nat McMillan. IMO

Fizdale looks like he's pretty good. Ty Lue gets a lot of flak despite winning the crown in his on,y season.
AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
Side beard
Analyst
And1: 2,298

Post#110 » by Side beard » Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:06 am

Lue and Gentry has to be top2.
flow
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,347

Post#111 » by flow » Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:35 pm

Overall - Alvin Gentry
This year - Stan Van Gundy

TheNewEra
RealGM
And1: 10,409

Post#112 » by TheNewEra » Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:42 pm

Nate505 wrote:
sp6r=underrated wrote:Doc the GM kills Doc the coach. He is above average as a coach.

I guess. Snyder just took him to school yesterday though.

Doc is a con man overrated coach. With that said this crap with Casey getting hate is crazy.
JudBuchler
Rookie

Post#113 » by JudBuchler » Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:23 am

Looks at this thread

i was lambasted for not including Jason Kidd, and Fred Hoiberg.

Look at these coaches working now though

you guys need to take your glasses off

these black coaches are terrible

(it has nothing to do with there race, but the 5 coaches in my opinion that are the worst are all black)

these guys prove it every game, especially Doc
Impuniti
General Manager
And1: 7,234

Post#114 » by Impuniti » Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:55 am

Time to start revising those lists with Stevens in it
reload141
RealGM
And1: 22,412

Post#115 » by reload141 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:01 am

Impuniti wrote:Time to start revising those lists with Stevens in it

:lol:
Impuniti
General Manager
And1: 7,234

Post#116 » by Impuniti » Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:03 am

reload141 wrote:
Impuniti wrote:Time to start revising those lists with Stevens in it

:lol:

Actually I thought I was in the top 5 best coaches thread. Just woke up from a quick nap. 8-)
warriorschamps
Senior
And1: 593

Post#117 » by warriorschamps » Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:08 am

Talk about an obvious racist thread, lol. OP didn't even make an attempt to hide his obvious agenda. People said the same thing about Erik Spoelstra when he was winning championships. Like there has ever been a coach to win a championship without great players.

I don't ever recall any non white coaches ever getting praised on here as great coaches or having a great basketball mind. It's like the "black QB" thing in the NFL. Some folks want so badly to believe white folks are more intelligent than non white folks. Talk about being insecure. It's not a good look. You guys should stop. You're only making yourself look bad.

But threads like this are good in the sense that it let everyone see how many racist folks are out there. And for the record I'm not saying those five coaches are the best of all time or anything like that. But again the OP made no attempt to hide his obvious agenda so I'm calling him out on it.
Frank Dux
Head Coach
And1: 9,265

Post#118 » by Frank Dux » Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:27 am

black coaches are usually mediocre because they are former players without the experience of career coaches like Brad Stevens or Pop. A lot of former players step in thinking they are going to command respect and win tons of games but get destroyed by the guys who spend years doing the homework.

You should be able to question a coaches ability without being labeled a racist.
JudBuchler
Rookie

Post#119 » by JudBuchler » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:58 am

Jason Kidd one of the more scrutinized coaches in this thread by the majority of the posters, that i refused to include in my top 5 worst coaches, because i didnt beleive he was a bad coach but i got riduculed for not having him on there

Jason Kidd The God looks like one of the best coaches ever out there in these playoffs with a young roster.

the other guy people clowned me for not having on there Fred"The Mayor" Hoiberg is up 2-0 on the number 1 seed in the east

so tell me how you guys who had these two guys as a top 5 bad coaches ?

but im the bad guy/ the racist because i have 5 Horrific coaches who prove time and time again they are terrible
JudBuchler
Rookie

Post#120 » by JudBuchler » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:01 am

warriorschamps wrote:Talk about an obvious racist thread, lol. OP didn't even make an attempt to hide his obvious agenda. People said the same thing about Erik Spoelstra when he was winning championships. Like there has ever been a coach to win a championship without great players.

I don't ever recall any non white coaches ever getting praised on here as great coaches or having a great basketball mind. It's like the "black QB" thing in the NFL. Some folks want so badly to believe white folks are more intelligent than non white folks. Talk about being insecure. It's not a good look. You guys should stop. You're only making yourself look bad.

But threads like this are good in the sense that it let everyone see how many racist folks are out there. And for the record I'm not saying those five coaches are the best of all time or anything like that. But again the OP made no attempt to hide his obvious agenda so I'm calling him out on it.

how is it a racist thread, simply because i got 5 black coaches?, they are all fukin terrible coaches and they keep on proving it

I didnt include Jason kidd who alot of posters on here told me should be there, i think hes a terrific coach and look what hes doing right now by the way, another guy fred hoiberg wasnt on my top 5 worst coaches and look what hes doing

so whos wrong?

all coaches i said suck ...suck go figure, hasnt nothing to do with them being black , until it was brought up on here, is it my fault all those coaches(who happened to be black) are horrible coaches, who prove to be terrible even though they have superstar players? while other coaches manage with mediocre talent?

Return to The General Board