ECQF: P1 | (1) Boston Celtics vs Chicago Bulls (8) | CHI 2-0

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Series Prediction

Celtics in 4
4%
Celtics in 5
13%
Celtics in 6
22%
Celtics in 7
11%
Bulls in 4
11%
Bulls in 5
4%
Bulls in 6
22%
Bulls in 7
13%

Total votes: 628

Ramed Nazored
Assistant Coach
And1: 9,450

Re: ECQF | (1) Boston Celtics vs Chicago Bulls (8) | CHI 2-0 

Post#1881 » by Ramed Nazored » Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:07 am

LoveTheNBA23 wrote:
diebieber wrote:
Read on Twitter

Only 3 teams in NBA history have come back from a 2-0 deficit when losing the first two games at home in a 7 game series.

Interesting. Which three teams and when?
hype_2004
RealGM
And1: 4,658

Post#1882 » by hype_2004 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:41 am

Stevens is a good coach but coaching can only get you so far in the NBA, you need stars and playmakers to execute the gameplan. The Bulls have more playmakers than the Celtics, In the NBA you win games on personnel not on tactics and strategies, I mean how else did Doc Rivers win an NBA title :lol:
VinBaker6
RealGM
And1: 61,808

Post#1883 » by VinBaker6 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:41 am

Can someone tell me what objectively makes Stevens a good coach? Not saying he's bad, but he's constantly hailed as the second coming of Pop.

S/O to TZ!
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,347

Post#1884 » by dakomish23 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:49 am

BOS is a solid team. I don't understand the vitriol towards their players & management.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
BeatDaCavs420
RealGM
And1: 22,479

Post#1885 » by BeatDaCavs420 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:10 am

dakomish23 wrote:BOS is a solid team. I don't understand the vitriol towards their players & management.

IT got really cocky this season IMO just wouldn't shut up about how teams didn't believe in him and look at me now blah blah. I mean we get it ...That's what annoyed me about him plus his flopping. Also same goes with Marcus Smart flopping

Kelly is a dirty player

Crowder always crying about something in fact the whole team always crying about not getting respect like what have they really done to earn that?

I can see why this team rubs outside fans the wrong way
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,364

Post#1886 » by bwgood77 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:12 am

Ramed Nazored wrote:
LoveTheNBA23 wrote:
diebieber wrote:
Read on Twitter

Only 3 teams in NBA history have come back from a 2-0 deficit when losing the first two games at home in a 7 game series.

Interesting. Which three teams and when?

I know Houston did it to Phoenix in 94.
BeatDaCavs420
RealGM

Post#1887 » by BeatDaCavs420 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:13 am

Center matchup through 2 games:

Lopez - 32 points, 18 rebounds (12 offensive)
Horford - 26 points, 18 rebounds (4 offensive)

ROLO been huge for us this season and even better with the contract we have him at. Straight steal. I called it the day we traded Rose for him
miman15
Senior
And1: 439

Post#1888 » by miman15 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:18 am

BeatDaCavs420 wrote:Center matchup through 2 games:

ROLO been huge for us this season and even better with the contract we have him at. Straight steal. I called it the day we traded Rose for him

I always thought hes the more effective player than his brother in the long run...
BeatDaCavs420
RealGM

Post#1889 » by BeatDaCavs420 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:20 am

miman15 wrote:

I always thought hes the more effective player than his brother in the long run...

The defensive side of the ball is one thing he is clearly better at than Brook.
KHRICH
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,523

Post#1890 » by KHRICH » Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:28 am

Rebound difference doesnt show enough how much hes outplayed horford guy grabs alot of no effort rebounds the ones that take work he bails on
BR0D1E86
RealGM
And1: 2,292

Post#1891 » by BR0D1E86 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:27 am

RedBulls83 wrote:
Prokorov wrote:So much knee jerk in here it is crazy.... Celtics are down but this whole "stevens is overated" "celtics worst 1 seed of all time" stuff is just comical.

Lets see if rondo keeps playing like an MVP. lets see if wade and RoLo keep shooting lights out. Lets see if bradley and Thomas keep throwing up clankers.

if boston blows out the bulls in game 3 and all of a sudden its 2-1 people will change their tune and start pointing to those things as a reason.

not saying celtics come all the way back, but right now we are looking at a small sample with alot of things going against the numbers

Wade shot the ball well in game 2, but struggled in game 1. Also, IT (IT had a great 1st game) and Bradley (he did from 3 at least) shot the ball well in game 1.

Bulls are outplaying the Celtics, plain and simple. We will see what happens for the rest of the series, but I think people should stop looking or excuses for why the Bulls have dominated so far.

Wade is shooting 46% in the playoffs. He's hit most of his 3's, but he's only hit 4, so the sample size is pretty small. Thomas is shooting slightly above his season average. Bradley is below, but he's in line with his playoff career averages which are significantly below his regular season averages.
robbie84
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,374

Post#1892 » by robbie84 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:32 am

VinBaker6 wrote:Can someone tell me what objectively makes Stevens a good coach? Not saying he's bad, but he's constantly hailed as the second coming of Pop.

think about it this way. Where would Boston's roster be with Casey instead of Stevens? Would they even get 40 wins? Maybe with IT playing this well.
One day Marcus Smart will be defensive player of the year, mark my words.
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 21,232

Post#1893 » by RedBulls23 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:33 am

BR0D1E86 wrote:
RedBulls83 wrote:
Prokorov wrote:So much knee jerk in here it is crazy.... Celtics are down but this whole "stevens is overated" "celtics worst 1 seed of all time" stuff is just comical.

Lets see if rondo keeps playing like an MVP. lets see if wade and RoLo keep shooting lights out. Lets see if bradley and Thomas keep throwing up clankers.

if boston blows out the bulls in game 3 and all of a sudden its 2-1 people will change their tune and start pointing to those things as a reason.

not saying celtics come all the way back, but right now we are looking at a small sample with alot of things going against the numbers

Wade shot the ball well in game 2, but struggled in game 1. Also, IT (IT had a great 1st game) and Bradley (he did from 3 at least) shot the ball well in game 1.

Bulls are outplaying the Celtics, plain and simple. We will see what happens for the rest of the series, but I think people should stop looking or excuses for why the Bulls have dominated so far.

Wade is shooting 46% in the playoffs. He's hit most of his 3's, but he's only hit 4, so the sample size is pretty small. Thomas is shooting slightly above his season average. Bradley is below, but he's in line with his playoff career averages which are significantly below his regular season averages.

Nothing I said was incorrect. Wade shot the ball poorly in game 1 and did well in game 2. IT had a great game 1 and decent game 2 and Bradley has been good from beyond the arc.
My Tweets:@Salim_BGhoops
VinBaker6
RealGM

Re: RE: Re: ECQF | (1) Boston Celtics vs Chicago Bulls (8) | CHI 2-0 

Post#1894 » by VinBaker6 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:43 am

robbie84 wrote:
VinBaker6 wrote:Can someone tell me what objectively makes Stevens a good coach? Not saying he's bad, but he's constantly hailed as the second coming of Pop.

think about it this way. Where would Boston's roster be with Casey instead of Stevens? Would they even get 40 wins? Maybe with IT playing this well.

I disagree. Take a look at the 2013/14 Raptors roster for example. It had Kyle Lowry who wasn't who he is now, a young DeRozan, sophomores starting in Terrence Ross and JV, and had guys like Grievis Vasquez, Chuck Hayes John Salmons playing heavy rotation minutes. That team started really poor, traded Rudy Gay and won at a 50+ win pace the rest of the season, and finished with 48 wins, and a better point differential than this Celtics team. You compare that team to the current Celtics, and the Celtics are more talented.

Take a look:

Younger Lowry
Young DeRozan
Sophomore Terrence Ross
Amir Johnson
Sophomore Jonas Valanciunas
Vasquez
Hayes
Salmons
Hansborough
Fields
Novak

Vs

IT
Bradley
Crowder
Johnson
Horford
Smart
Olynyk
Rozier
Green
Brown

Looks to me like Casey did a better job with less talent if you compare the two rosters.

S/O to TZ!
reload141
RealGM
And1: 22,351

Post#1895 » by reload141 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:53 am

BeatDaCavs420 wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:BOS is a solid team. I don't understand the vitriol towards their players & management.

IT got really cocky this season IMO just wouldn't shut up about how teams didn't believe in him and look at me now blah blah. I mean we get it ...That's what annoyed me about him plus his flopping. Also same goes with Marcus Smart flopping

Kelly is a dirty player

Crowder always crying about something in fact the whole team always crying about not getting respect like what have they really done to earn that?

I can see why this team rubs outside fans the wrong way

Kelly gets called a dirty player for 2 plays in his career but what about Wade?

IT gets more of a favour with the whistles I agree but so do other stars including Butler, sure he uses his height to exploit some more contact but if the refs are calling it why would you shy away from it?

Marcus Smart is a straight flopper, no argument there.

I concur about Crowder especially this series, like just go out and play and prove yourself stop worrying about what anyone thinks... clearly he has a bit of complex about it.

With Lopez, love him. But let's both be realistic Horford is a 4 and we SHOULD address that this offseason. (Please god)
reload141
RealGM
And1: 22,351

Post#1896 » by reload141 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:54 am

He has a half star in IT (doesn't play both ends and gets exposed on D obviously) and a bunch of role players (Yes Horford is a glorified role player) and got the 1st seed in the East. He's coached the team from 25 wins to 53. Popovich LOVES him and praises him all the time and for him to do that, that's all the validation you need coming from Pop himself.
robbie84
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,374

Re: RE: Re: ECQF | (1) Boston Celtics vs Chicago Bulls (8) | CHI 2-0 

Post#1897 » by robbie84 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:04 am

VinBaker6 wrote:
robbie84 wrote:

I disagree. Take a look at the 2013/14 Raptors roster for example. It had Kyle Lowry who wasn't who he is now, a young DeRozan, sophomores starting in Terrence Ross and JV, and had guys like Grievis Vasquez, Chuck Hayes John Salmons playing heavy rotation minutes. That team started really poor, traded Rudy Gay and won at a 50+ win pace the rest of the season, and finished with 48 wins, and a better point differential than this Celtics team. You compare that team to the current Celtics, and the Celtics are more talented.

Take a look:

Younger Lowry
Young DeRozan
Sophomore Terrence Ross
Amir Johnson
Vasquez
Hayes
Salmons
Hansborough
Fields
Novak

Vs

IT
Bradley
Crowder
Johnson
Horford
Smart
Olynyk
Rozier
Green
Brown

Looks to me like Casey did a better job with less talent if you compare the two rosters.

lol, then there's no convincing you. You're suggesting Casey is a better coach than Stevens?
K brah.

So Casey could take the same roster to 53 wins this year? he wouldn't even get 40 wins buddy.
One day Marcus Smart will be defensive player of the year, mark my words.
VinBaker6
RealGM

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: ECQF | (1) Boston Celtics vs Chicago Bulls (8) | CHI 2-0 

Post#1898 » by VinBaker6 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:06 am

robbie84 wrote:
VinBaker6 wrote:
robbie84 wrote:

Take a look:

Younger Lowry
Young DeRozan
Sophomore Terrence Ross
Amir Johnson
Vasquez
Hayes
Salmons
Hansborough
Fields
Novak

Vs

IT
Bradley
Crowder
Johnson
Horford
Smart
Olynyk
Rozier
Green
Brown

lol, then there's no convincing you. You're suggesting Casey is a better coach than Stevens?
K brah.

I never said that. I'm just showing that the reasoning for your premise is flawed. But ignore my points, it's cool

S/O to TZ!
RaptorsLife
RealGM
And1: 84,016

Post#1899 » by RaptorsLife » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:10 am

It's great to see young guys the bulls step and make open shots
Raptors til death
3Diamantidis
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,300

Post#1900 » by 3Diamantidis » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:14 am

This will be the only series that will end up in 7 games.
I had celtics in 6 before the thing started but it's safe to say that the bulls are pretty good.
Dunno how IT will handle the rest of the series after what happened to him. The celts will be back but they can't win 4 straight.
Amazing series.

Return to The General Board