ECQF | (2) Cleveland Cavaliers vs Indiana Pacers (7) | CLE 3-0

Moderators: Dirk, CoreyGallagher, magnumt, ken6199, Yuri Vaultin, BombsquadSammy, Tarik Black, Mr. E, bwgood77, Rhettmatic, Duke4life831, KF10, GimmeDat, Knickstape1214, DayofMourning, Capn'O

Series Prediction

Cavaliers in 4
80
22%
Cavaliers in 5
132
36%
Cavaliers in 6
76
21%
Cavaliers in 7
20
5%
Pacers in 4
8
2%
Pacers in 5
0
No votes
Pacers in 6
12
3%
Pacers in 7
36
10%
 
Total votes: 364

User avatar
Birdie
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,811
And1: 2,231
Joined: Feb 09, 2015
     

Re: ECQF | (2) Cleveland Cavaliers vs Indiana Pacers (7) | CLE 2-0 

Post#1861 » by Birdie » Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:14 am

BombsquadSammy wrote:
Birdie wrote:
BombsquadSammy wrote:
Amen, brother. We may pull for different teams, but we all have the same enemy.


Can't wait for the "Is MEM the biggest threat to the Spurs" thread coming soon tonight. :lol:

But real talk, MEM was due AT least one after being 0-10 against them in the playoffs since 2012. Weird bball night. Spurs and Raps and almost CLE blown out of the gym. Gotta love playoff bball.


Yeah, we knew the Grizz were going to respond; I just hope the postgame reporters are prepared to take Pop's interview for data.

Your Cavs, though... MANG! I'm pulling for you guys to come out of the East, and tonight's game was AWESOME ( in the second half, anyhow-- ha ha).


Yea, I don't think I would want to be in Pops' path tonight and the sucky thing, you guys and TOR only have 1 day turnaround until next game, imagine IND right now where they gotta stew for 2 days. Such a weird scheduling we've had where we've had 2 different 2 day layoffs before each game. I'll take it though with LBJ's minutes piling up.

Agreed, I'm rooting for you guys as well because 1) the obvious, death to the Dubs' (but I still got love/enjoy some of the more articulate/non hypebeast Dubs' posters) and 2) The last time LBJ lost to the Spurs in the Finals ('07), he followed it up the next time with the chip in '12. Let's repeat history. Loss in '13, win in '17? 8-) :lol: and 3) Heat picked up sharpshooter Ray Ray to save that chip for LBJ in '12, Kyle Korver gonna Steve Kerr, John Paxson, Robert Horry, Ray Allen that 4th chip for Bron Bron in Game 6, calling it. Or we get bounced in the 2nd rd by MIL and we trade Kevin Love for PG13. I'll take that too. :nod: :wink: The script has already been written. hehe. lmao.'
Come at the king, you best not miss...
User avatar
Benedict_Boozer
RealGM
Posts: 13,809
And1: 1,626
Joined: Aug 08, 2004

Re: ECQF | (2) Cleveland Cavaliers vs Indiana Pacers (7) | CLE 3-0 

Post#1862 » by Benedict_Boozer » Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:19 am

Bron bron wants another chip

Still had that extra gear only the all time greats have. Pretty amazing when you think of his wear and tear


Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
User avatar
Birdie
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,811
And1: 2,231
Joined: Feb 09, 2015
     

Re: ECQF | (2) Cleveland Cavaliers vs Indiana Pacers (7) | CLE 2-0 

Post#1863 » by Birdie » Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:23 am

jbk1234 wrote:
BombsquadSammy wrote:
Birdie wrote:
Can't wait for the "Is MEM the biggest threat to the Spurs" thread coming soon tonight. :lol:

But real talk, MEM was due AT least one after being 0-10 against them in the playoffs since 2012. Weird bball night. Spurs and Raps and almost CLE blown out of the gym. Gotta love playoff bball.


Yeah, we knew the Grizz were going to respond; I just hope the postgame reporters are prepared to take Pop's interview for data.

Your Cavs, though... MANG! I'm pulling for you guys to come out of the East, and tonight's game was AWESOME ( in the second half, anyhow-- ha ha).


My wife and I went out to watch the game tonight and I told her to be ready for a very unfriendly whistle in Game 3, at Indiana, with the Pacers down 0-2. Even having prepared myself, I wasn't ready for what I saw in the first half.


Pacers couldn't miss in the 1st half if they even tried. Refs weren't even an issue with the a$$ whoopin/dismantling they put on CLE in that 1st half. It also helped that Kyrie went into hero ball mode jacking up pull up 3's early in the shot clock without making 1 pass within a set. So frustrating at times.

I mildly concerned tho that the Olympic play is catching up to him and he's got heavy legs cuz when his shot is in sucktown, it's usually because his legs are tired. So, we're gonna have to see how that plays out. I just hope we can close this out on Sunday and actually get that rest cuz anytime of downtime is beneficial at this time of year, imo. Like I said in a few threads on here, Raps probably would've given us a tougher challenge last year had they not played every other day for a month coming into the ECF. I think things could've been def. different in that series had they been fully healthy. But that's how the cookie crumbles.
Come at the king, you best not miss...
jbk1234
Forum Mod - Cavs
Forum Mod - Cavs
Posts: 24,621
And1: 12,207
Joined: Dec 22, 2010
   

Re: ECQF | (2) Cleveland Cavaliers vs Indiana Pacers (7) | CLE 2-0 

Post#1864 » by jbk1234 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:33 am

Birdie wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:
BombsquadSammy wrote:
Yeah, we knew the Grizz were going to respond; I just hope the postgame reporters are prepared to take Pop's interview for data.

Your Cavs, though... MANG! I'm pulling for you guys to come out of the East, and tonight's game was AWESOME ( in the second half, anyhow-- ha ha).


My wife and I went out to watch the game tonight and I told her to be ready for a very unfriendly whistle in Game 3, at Indiana, with the Pacers down 0-2. Even having prepared myself, I wasn't ready for what I saw in the first half.


Pacers couldn't miss in the 1st half if they even tried. Refs weren't even an issue with the a$$ whoopin/dismantling they put on CLE in that 1st half. It also helped that Kyrie went into hero ball mode jacking up pull up 3's early in the shot clock without making 1 pass within a set. So frustrating at times.

I mildly concerned tho that the Olympic play is catching up to him and he's got heavy legs cuz when his shot is in sucktown, it's usually because his legs are tired. So, we're gonna have to see how that plays out. I just hope we can close this out on Sunday and actually get that rest cuz anytime of downtime is beneficial at this time of year, imo. Like I said in a few threads on here, Raps probably would've given us a tougher challenge last year had they not played every other day for a month coming into the ECF. I think things could've been def. different in that series had they been fully healthy. But that's how the cookie crumbles.


Go back and watch the tape on the second quarter.
Image
User avatar
Birdie
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,811
And1: 2,231
Joined: Feb 09, 2015
     

Re: ECQF | (2) Cleveland Cavaliers vs Indiana Pacers (7) | CLE 2-0 

Post#1865 » by Birdie » Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:38 am

jbk1234 wrote:
Birdie wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:
My wife and I went out to watch the game tonight and I told her to be ready for a very unfriendly whistle in Game 3, at Indiana, with the Pacers down 0-2. Even having prepared myself, I wasn't ready for what I saw in the first half.


Pacers couldn't miss in the 1st half if they even tried. Refs weren't even an issue with the a$$ whoopin/dismantling they put on CLE in that 1st half. It also helped that Kyrie went into hero ball mode jacking up pull up 3's early in the shot clock without making 1 pass within a set. So frustrating at times.

I mildly concerned tho that the Olympic play is catching up to him and he's got heavy legs cuz when his shot is in sucktown, it's usually because his legs are tired. So, we're gonna have to see how that plays out. I just hope we can close this out on Sunday and actually get that rest cuz anytime of downtime is beneficial at this time of year, imo. Like I said in a few threads on here, Raps probably would've given us a tougher challenge last year had they not played every other day for a month coming into the ECF. I think things could've been def. different in that series had they been fully healthy. But that's how the cookie crumbles.


Go back and watch the tape on the second quarter.


You homer. Who are you, Austin Carr...psssshhhhh... :P :lol: :wink:

We won, doesn't matter in the end. Onto Game 4. ha.
Come at the king, you best not miss...
OsuCavsfan103
Analyst
Posts: 3,725
And1: 3,495
Joined: Jul 06, 2014
Location: Ohio
       

Re: ECQF | (2) Cleveland Cavaliers vs Indiana Pacers (7) | CLE 3-0 

Post#1866 » by OsuCavsfan103 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:47 am

Tell me why LeBron isn't the MVP of the league again? lol
Cleeeeveland this is for you!
ProfessorJM
Pro Prospect
Posts: 782
And1: 360
Joined: Nov 03, 2016
     

Re: ECQF | (2) Cleveland Cavaliers vs Indiana Pacers (7) | CLE 3-0 

Post#1867 » by ProfessorJM » Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:53 am

Well. All I can say is that even though I'm not a Cavs fan at all, I am going to appreciate how great LeBron was tonight and how great he has been (especially longevity too) because it may be a long time before we see a player like him again. If he plays at a pretty high level say another three to four years, he will have maybe 17-18 seasons of elite play which just blows my mind with how he plays (active wing player with also ball handling duties and so on) and how many minutes and games he has played.
User avatar
Birdie
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,811
And1: 2,231
Joined: Feb 09, 2015
     

Re: ECQF | (2) Cleveland Cavaliers vs Indiana Pacers (7) | CLE 3-0 

Post#1868 » by Birdie » Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:53 am

OsuCavsfan103 wrote:Tell me why LeBron isn't the MVP of the league again? lol


C'mon bruh, Westbrook took it/earned it. Even Harden had a quantifiable/his team had a better record AND LBJ had 2 other All-Stars on his team as well. As great as LBJ is, his half-assed, still statistically dominant season still had a few warts on it (i.e. that 538 article of baby ragers not getting back on defense highlighted one such wart as he and Ky were in that Top 15 worst).

Let's not be too homerish or prisoner of the moment. I wish LBJ was more ahole, killer mamba Kobe-ish in his demeanor as a player but I think he wants to be friends with everyone and be liked and all that fun stuff (which is perfectly fine but there is a small part of me that would like to see Game 6 angry but controlled LBJ every single game). Might be exhausting on his part in the end and that's why we don't see it ALL year and being in the playoffs, he knows when he "needs" to turn it on to go all out for 16+ games until the final horn. At this point, I give him the benefit of the doubt as he's earned it.
Come at the king, you best not miss...
OsuCavsfan103
Analyst
Posts: 3,725
And1: 3,495
Joined: Jul 06, 2014
Location: Ohio
       

Re: ECQF | (2) Cleveland Cavaliers vs Indiana Pacers (7) | CLE 3-0 

Post#1869 » by OsuCavsfan103 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:02 am

Birdie wrote:
OsuCavsfan103 wrote:Tell me why LeBron isn't the MVP of the league again? lol


C'mon bruh, Westbrook took it/earned it. Even Harden had a quantifiable/his team had a better record AND LBJ had 2 other All-Stars on his team as well. As great as LBJ is, his half-assed, still statistically dominant season still had a few warts on it (i.e. that 538 article of baby ragers not getting back on defense highlighted one such wart as he and Ky were in that Top 15 worst).

Let's not be too homerish or prisoner of the moment. I wish LBJ was more ahole, killer mamba Kobe-ish in his demeanor as a player but I think he wants to be friends with everyone and be liked and all that fun stuff (which is perfectly fine but there is a small part of me that would like to see Game 6 angry but controlled LBJ every single game). Might be exhausting on his part in the end and that's why we don't see it ALL year and being in the playoffs, he knows when he "needs" to turn it on to go all out for 16+ games until the final horn. At this point, I give him the benefit of the doubt as he's earned it.


I don't agree though. Westbrook is great, but he doesn't even let his teammates get involved. I get it, they aren't great, but last night shows part of the reason why to me. In the 4th quarter Westbrook was atrocious, and he refused to let anyone else get a chance. A great player and MVP also knows how to set a teammate up, make them better. When LeBron had a cast that was crappy like Westbrook has, he still took them to the NBA finals... why?... because he made them better. I am just not buying into what Westbrook did as much as others. You don't think guys like Kawhi, LeBron, Harden, Curry, Durant could do what Westbrook does if they refuse to be a team player? All these guys could do what he does, but they are smart enough to know that isn't realistic to win. I know none of them have a cast as poor as WB, but he doesn't even try.

I am not really being a prisoner of the moment though, I would say LeBron has been more valuable player to his team almost his entire career than anyone else since Jordan. You could maybe talk about Kobe for a few years being that valuable but that's it. LeBron gets glossed over bc everyone is so used to it, it's not new and exciting, he is consistently that incredible. Tonight proves it anymore. He took a lineup with very little D, and used it to wallop IND at their house when he was down big. I don't think you can even quantify the worth that LeBron brings to the table for a team honestly.
Cleeeeveland this is for you!
User avatar
76ciology
RealGM
Posts: 26,151
And1: 6,191
Joined: Jun 06, 2002
Contact:

Re: ECQF | (2) Cleveland Cavaliers vs Indiana Pacers (7) | CLE 3-0 

Post#1870 » by 76ciology » Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:22 am

Read on Twitter
Twitter: Pjeffersonlim| S i x e r s |
User avatar
Birdie
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,811
And1: 2,231
Joined: Feb 09, 2015
     

Re: ECQF | (2) Cleveland Cavaliers vs Indiana Pacers (7) | CLE 3-0 

Post#1871 » by Birdie » Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:35 am

OsuCavsfan103 wrote:
Birdie wrote:
OsuCavsfan103 wrote:Tell me why LeBron isn't the MVP of the league again? lol


C'mon bruh, Westbrook took it/earned it. Even Harden had a quantifiable/his team had a better record AND LBJ had 2 other All-Stars on his team as well. As great as LBJ is, his half-assed, still statistically dominant season still had a few warts on it (i.e. that 538 article of baby ragers not getting back on defense highlighted one such wart as he and Ky were in that Top 15 worst).

Let's not be too homerish or prisoner of the moment. I wish LBJ was more ahole, killer mamba Kobe-ish in his demeanor as a player but I think he wants to be friends with everyone and be liked and all that fun stuff (which is perfectly fine but there is a small part of me that would like to see Game 6 angry but controlled LBJ every single game). Might be exhausting on his part in the end and that's why we don't see it ALL year and being in the playoffs, he knows when he "needs" to turn it on to go all out for 16+ games until the final horn. At this point, I give him the benefit of the doubt as he's earned it.


I don't agree though. Westbrook is great, but he doesn't even let his teammates get involved. I get it, they aren't great, but last night shows part of the reason why to me. In the 4th quarter Westbrook was atrocious, and he refused to let anyone else get a chance. A great player and MVP also knows how to set a teammate up, make them better. When LeBron had a cast that was crappy like Westbrook has, he still took them to the NBA finals... why?... because he made them better. I am just not buying into what Westbrook did as much as others. You don't think guys like Kawhi, LeBron, Harden, Curry, Durant could do what Westbrook does if they refuse to be a team player? All these guys could do what he does, but they are smart enough to know that isn't realistic to win. I know none of them have a cast as poor as WB, but he doesn't even try.

I am not really being a prisoner of the moment though, I would say LeBron has been more valuable player to his team almost his entire career than anyone else since Jordan. You could maybe talk about Kobe for a few years being that valuable but that's it. LeBron gets glossed over bc everyone is so used to it, it's not new and exciting, he is consistently that incredible. Tonight proves it anymore. He took a lineup with very little D, and used it to wallop IND at their house when he was down big. I don't think you can even quantify the worth that LeBron brings to the table for a team honestly.


Honestly, I don't think most anyone in the current NBA (yes, even LBJ) could do what Westbrook just did this season. Closet I could think of is Wall but I don't think Wall could rebound like a banshee the way Westbrook does. Westbrook's motor is just on another level and let's not forget, on a bum knee from a few years ago. Just crazy.

And as for your slight dig at Westbrook in not making his teammates better, I mean, I think that's a bit unfair, he did avg 10.4 ast per game, so you can't really say he's not involving his teammates to a degree. Being frank, I watched a few OKC games on League Pass this year and Russ most likely easily could've been around 12-15ast per game if he had guys not brick some great looks or had the shooters LBJ has. The fact OKC is a terrible 3pt shooting team and really doesn't have another creator outside of "maybe" Dipo, the fact he even got 10ast per game is remarkable in it's own instance.

At some point, you can't ding him for being "selfish" when in the end, he's the entire team because that's what Presti put around him unfortunately. And again, let's put this in perspective:

Russell: 81 games played; 2802 minutes played, 31.6PPG 10.7REB 10.4AST 10.2-24.0FGM/A 42.5FG% 34.3 3PT% 84.5FT%
LeBron: 74 games played; 2795 minutes played, 26.4PPG 8.6REB 8.7AST 9.9-18.2FGM/A 54.8FG% 36.3 3PT% 67.4FT%

CLE = 51 wins; OKC = 46 wins

And again, I'll mention, CLE had 2 other All-Stars on the team plus 9 guys who played, including LBJ, who shot 35% or higher (Korver highest at 48.5%) from 3, 5 of those guys shot > than 40%. Russ had 4 guys who shot better than 35% with Abrines topping out at 38.1% of the guys who played and actually jacked up shots. Dipo, McBuckets, Jerami Grant and Alex Abrines. Those 4 hardly instilling fear in the hearts of other teams.

I mean, if you're gonna look at those number and say, damn, Russ isn't the MVP, I don't know man, ya just gotta give props when it's due. Any other ho hum season, LBJ takes it easily but unfortunately, Russ just had a better season and to a degree, you could say Harden too. Some might say Kawhi too but I'm not quite sold on that one but he easily could finish 3rd with LBJ fatigue when it comes to voting.

I don't know why I'm going to these lengths to defend Westbrook as I could care less but you got me on one, lol. LBJ should've been unanimous MVP that one year where that idiot reporter gave his vote to Melo and possibly, LBJ/Kobe should've been MVP's those Nash years' but at this point, I think LBJ is more than happy taking Finals MVPs' and chips as opposed to a regular season accolade. That's all I'm sayin but I don't disagree with where you're coming from and why you feel the way you do. Perfectly understandable. I think as Cavs fans', we take LBJ for granted as well and when he's gone, we're gonna be right back into suckville where no one is gonna want to come play for us again and the universe will spin on...unless it all goes to hell with what's going on currently in this crazy world but I won't digress into that non-sport talk. In the end, LBJ just affirming his beast mode and we need 13 more wins worth of it so I can have another happy panda summer again. 8-)
Come at the king, you best not miss...
akward17
Sophomore
Posts: 239
And1: 379
Joined: Jun 23, 2014

Re: ECQF | (2) Cleveland Cavaliers vs Indiana Pacers (7) | CLE 3-0 

Post#1872 » by akward17 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:00 am

Coach Lue def deserves props for sticking with the bench guys and risking not playing Love and Irving in the 4th qtr. Bold move that paid off with a win!
mtron929
Analyst
Posts: 3,673
And1: 2,652
Joined: Jan 01, 2014

Re: ECQF | (2) Cleveland Cavaliers vs Indiana Pacers (7) | CLE 3-0 

Post#1873 » by mtron929 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:42 am

OsuCavsfan103 wrote:Tell me why LeBron isn't the MVP of the league again? lol


Imo, he is clearly the MVP of the league. One can make an argument that this should be like his 8th MVP. I think MVP should go to the best player in the league. And Lebron has been the best player in the league for a while now (and I don't even particularly like the guy).
User avatar
Torchmode
Pro Prospect
Posts: 775
And1: 718
Joined: Dec 27, 2016
 

Re: ECQF | (2) Cleveland Cavaliers vs Indiana Pacers (7) | CLE 3-0 

Post#1874 » by Torchmode » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:45 am

LeBron 46 minutes to beat the 8th seeded Pacers.

Dubs should win the title fairly easily.
improper
Analyst
Posts: 3,071
And1: 2,784
Joined: May 23, 2014
     

Re: ECQF | (2) Cleveland Cavaliers vs Indiana Pacers (7) | CLE 3-0 

Post#1875 » by improper » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:46 am

OsuCavsfan103 wrote:Tell me why LeBron isn't the MVP of the league again? lol


It's a regular season award and there were a few guys who were better than him in the regular season?
User avatar
NBAfan3024
RealGM
Posts: 16,046
And1: 6,775
Joined: May 25, 2013
Location: Leicester, UK
Contact:
   

Re: ECQF | (2) Cleveland Cavaliers vs Indiana Pacers (7) | CLE 3-0 

Post#1876 » by NBAfan3024 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:55 am

Lebron is amazing..honor to watch this man since he came in the league
Feel free to follow me on Twitter- @NBAfan161
SpreeS
Senior
Posts: 579
And1: 285
Joined: Jul 26, 2012
 

Re: ECQF | (2) Cleveland Cavaliers vs Indiana Pacers (7) | CLE 3-0 

Post#1877 » by SpreeS » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:18 am

Only respect for this. BOS and TOR are **** the beds now, so I am waiting the Finals: The best Team vs the best player and co.
User avatar
Birdie
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,811
And1: 2,231
Joined: Feb 09, 2015
     

Re: ECQF | (2) Cleveland Cavaliers vs Indiana Pacers (7) | CLE 3-0 

Post#1878 » by Birdie » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:20 am

Torchmode wrote:LeBron 46 minutes to beat the 8th seeded Pacers.

̶D̶u̶b̶s̶ ̶s̶h̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶w̶i̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶t̶i̶t̶l̶e̶ ̶f̶a̶i̶r̶l̶y̶ ̶e̶a̶s̶i̶l̶y̶.̶
Spurs should win the title fairly easily cuz KD was hurt before the playoffs and hurt his calf in the playoffs, so, we were never at full strength for this playoff run and we already have our excuse ready if we choke again with the greatest team ever assembled with the greatest coach and the greatest GM and owner and the greatest city and greatest fans in all of millennia.


Hmmm...

Image

I fixed what you really meant to write cuz you're no troll, my friend. I'm on to you. We gladly accept your down low love for the Cavs. It only explains why you've popped into our threads so much bestowing your creative words of wisdom in great support of CLE.
Come at the king, you best not miss...
User avatar
Dupp
RealGM
Posts: 89,224
And1: 33,106
Joined: Aug 16, 2009
Location: Bertrob
 

Re: ECQF | (2) Cleveland Cavaliers vs Indiana Pacers (7) | CLE 3-0 

Post#1879 » by Dupp » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:18 am

All the talk about our bad defense and not enough about our poor defensive rebounding. It's been an issue all year and we should be a good defensive rebounding team. Not sure how we clean it up but it'd go a long way to helping our defense.
Image
User avatar
Dupp
RealGM
Posts: 89,224
And1: 33,106
Joined: Aug 16, 2009
Location: Bertrob
 

Re: ECQF | (2) Cleveland Cavaliers vs Indiana Pacers (7) | CLE 3-0 

Post#1880 » by Dupp » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:23 am

Also double t is so good at switching and guarding the perimeter. He's so mobile.Its so valuable, especially against the warriors. More so than if he was a good rim protector.. The job he did on curry in last years finals was amazing.
Image

Return to The General Board