ECQF: P2 | (1) Boston Celtics vs Chicago Bulls (8) | BOS 4-2

Moderators: Dirk, CoreyGallagher, magnumt, ken6199, Yuri Vaultin, BombsquadSammy, Tarik Black, Mr. E, bwgood77, Rhettmatic, Duke4life831, KF10, GimmeDat, Knickstape1214, DayofMourning, Capn'O

Series Prediction

Celtics in 6
46
30%
Celtics in 7
35
23%
Bulls in 4
22
14%
Bulls in 5
10
7%
Bulls in 6
25
16%
Bulls in 7
14
9%
 
Total votes: 152

RaptorRed
Rookie
Posts: 1,056
And1: 468
Joined: Jan 11, 2014
     

Re: ECQF: P2 | (1) Boston Celtics vs Chicago Bulls (8) | CHI 2-0 

Post#41 » by RaptorRed » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:10 pm

Can the bulls win without Rondo ?
"We're like Tim Duncan and David Robinson," Villanueva said, following the team's morning shootaround at the America West Arena. "But a younger version. I really feel that."
User avatar
DK-All Day
General Manager
Posts: 7,598
And1: 5,421
Joined: Oct 12, 2013
       

Re: ECQF: P2 | (1) Boston Celtics vs Chicago Bulls (8) | CHI 2-0 

Post#42 » by DK-All Day » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:11 pm

RaptorRed wrote:Can the bulls win without Rondo ?


Who is the back up? MCW?
Handsome.
User avatar
BleedGreen1989
Analyst
Posts: 3,683
And1: 1,890
Joined: May 18, 2013

Re: ECQF: P2 | (1) Boston Celtics vs Chicago Bulls (8) | CHI 2-0 

Post#43 » by BleedGreen1989 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:14 pm

This sucks. I love Rondo and really enjoyed watching him look like Celtic Rondo.

Still want Boston to win, but this gives a crappy feel to it.
User avatar
Jordan45822
RealGM
Posts: 12,532
And1: 709
Joined: Jun 18, 2007

Re: ECQF: P2 | (1) Boston Celtics vs Chicago Bulls (8) | CHI 2-0 

Post#44 » by Jordan45822 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:19 pm

Bulls still have Butler and Wade. They have won games without Rondo and he was on bench most of the season. its not like this automatically means Boston wins the series 4-2.
User avatar
MartinToVaught
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,898
And1: 10,118
Joined: Oct 19, 2014
     

Re: ECQF: P2 | (1) Boston Celtics vs Chicago Bulls (8) | CHI 2-0 

Post#45 » by MartinToVaught » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:23 pm

Rondo being out won't make the Celtics' bigs any less soft, nor will it help them guard Butler or Wade.
Image
PierceFan4ever
General Manager
Posts: 8,455
And1: 6,041
Joined: Dec 17, 2011

Re: ECQF: P2 | (1) Boston Celtics vs Chicago Bulls (8) | CHI 2-0 

Post#46 » by PierceFan4ever » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:25 pm

Celtics are lucky with this news. Rondo has been the best player in this series imo and I feel awful for him because he was playing like he had something to prove. The way Rondo was playmaking gave Celtics huge problems on defense. Will be interesting to see how Chicago's offense looks without Rondo tonight
Cavaliers2
Rookie
Posts: 1,226
And1: 1,141
Joined: Jan 21, 2015
     

Re: ECQF: P2 | (1) Boston Celtics vs Chicago Bulls (8) | CHI 2-0 

Post#47 » by Cavaliers2 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:25 pm

DK-All Day wrote:
RaptorRed wrote:Can the bulls win without Rondo ?


Who is the back up? MCW?

Jerian Grant has been playing the backup minutes in both games against the Celtics...
User avatar
BleedGreen1989
Analyst
Posts: 3,683
And1: 1,890
Joined: May 18, 2013

Re: ECQF: P2 | (1) Boston Celtics vs Chicago Bulls (8) | CHI 2-0 

Post#48 » by BleedGreen1989 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:27 pm

Jordan45822 wrote:Bulls still have Butler and Wade. They have won games without Rondo and he was on bench most of the season. its not like this automatically means Boston wins the series 4-2.


Certainly no death sentence by any means, but Rondo has been arguably the best player on the court for either team.
CBS7
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 24,446
And1: 1,046
Joined: Jan 21, 2005
Location: Dallas

Re: ECQF: P2 | (1) Boston Celtics vs Chicago Bulls (8) | CHI 2-0 

Post#49 » by CBS7 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:30 pm

BleedGreen1989 wrote:
Jordan45822 wrote:Bulls still have Butler and Wade. They have won games without Rondo and he was on bench most of the season. its not like this automatically means Boston wins the series 4-2.


Certainly no death sentence by any means, but Rondo has been arguably the best player on the court for either team.


In game 2 for sure - let's not overstate how good his game 1 was. It was merely "ok".
PierceFan4ever
General Manager
Posts: 8,455
And1: 6,041
Joined: Dec 17, 2011

Re: ECQF: P2 | (1) Boston Celtics vs Chicago Bulls (8) | CHI 2-0 

Post#50 » by PierceFan4ever » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:30 pm

Don't forget that Rondo was playing great defense on IT in the first 2 games. I don't know if the Chicago backups are capable of playing defense like that when Rondo is locked in. Almost felt like he was the leader of the Bulls the first 2 games, nobody seemed to want to win more than him, he was talking all game getting everyone focused. I think this news is a big blow for the Bulls.
nbafan38
Analyst
Posts: 3,561
And1: 2,308
Joined: May 29, 2014
   

Re: ECQF: P2 | (1) Boston Celtics vs Chicago Bulls (8) | CHI 2-0 

Post#51 » by nbafan38 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:31 pm

Rondo out makes the series more interesting for sure but I wouldn't say its a lock the celtics are going to win the series or even tonights game.
User avatar
10DayContract
Pro Prospect
Posts: 925
And1: 948
Joined: Apr 23, 2007
Location: Los Angeles, CA
 

Re: ECQF: P2 | (1) Boston Celtics vs Chicago Bulls (8) | CHI 2-0 

Post#52 » by 10DayContract » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:32 pm

Anyone know when Rondo can return? Will he play in The Finals?
Cavaliers2
Rookie
Posts: 1,226
And1: 1,141
Joined: Jan 21, 2015
     

Re: ECQF: P2 | (1) Boston Celtics vs Chicago Bulls (8) | CHI 2-0 

Post#53 » by Cavaliers2 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:33 pm

I was cheering for a Chicago upset but now that I think about it it might be better for the Cavs if the Celtics win this series...they probably tire out Washington more than Chicago would, or if the Celtics win I would rather play them than the wizards.
User avatar
BleedGreen1989
Analyst
Posts: 3,683
And1: 1,890
Joined: May 18, 2013

Re: ECQF: P2 | (1) Boston Celtics vs Chicago Bulls (8) | CHI 2-0 

Post#54 » by BleedGreen1989 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:37 pm

Cavaliers2 wrote:I was cheering for a Chicago upset but now that I think about it it might be better for the Cavs if the Celtics win this series...they probably tire out Washington more than Chicago would, or if the Celtics win I would rather play them than the wizards.


Not sure.

Gortat would probably average 18 rebounds a game against Boston.
User avatar
BleedGreen1989
Analyst
Posts: 3,683
And1: 1,890
Joined: May 18, 2013

Re: ECQF: P2 | (1) Boston Celtics vs Chicago Bulls (8) | CHI 2-0 

Post#55 » by BleedGreen1989 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:38 pm

CBS7 wrote:
BleedGreen1989 wrote:
Jordan45822 wrote:Bulls still have Butler and Wade. They have won games without Rondo and he was on bench most of the season. its not like this automatically means Boston wins the series 4-2.


Certainly no death sentence by any means, but Rondo has been arguably the best player on the court for either team.


In game 2 for sure - let's not overstate how good his game 1 was. It was merely "ok".


It's not even so much his stats, but the pace he kept the game at, his defense, and clear leadership have been on display both games.
CBS7
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 24,446
And1: 1,046
Joined: Jan 21, 2005
Location: Dallas

Re: ECQF: P2 | (1) Boston Celtics vs Chicago Bulls (8) | CHI 2-0 

Post#56 » by CBS7 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:44 pm

BleedGreen1989 wrote:
CBS7 wrote:
BleedGreen1989 wrote:
Certainly no death sentence by any means, but Rondo has been arguably the best player on the court for either team.


In game 2 for sure - let's not overstate how good his game 1 was. It was merely "ok".


It's not even so much his stats, but the pace he kept the game at, his defense, and clear leadership have been on display both games.


I saw a different game 1. He was -7 and took more shots than anyone except Butler.
User avatar
Froob
RealGM
Posts: 25,957
And1: 24,642
Joined: Nov 04, 2010
Location: Daniel Theis for MVP
     

Re: ECQF: P2 | (1) Boston Celtics vs Chicago Bulls (8) | CHI 2-0 

Post#57 » by Froob » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:50 pm

Shame to see Rondo go down, what of the toughest SOB to ever play. Must be a hell of a fracture. Hope we'll see him back soon
Image
Tommy Heinsohn wrote:The game is not over until they look you in the face and start crying.


Celtics_History_Lesson wrote:Olynyk is a magical salary cap being


http://www.yeezus2020.com/
User avatar
BleedGreen1989
Analyst
Posts: 3,683
And1: 1,890
Joined: May 18, 2013

Re: ECQF: P2 | (1) Boston Celtics vs Chicago Bulls (8) | CHI 2-0 

Post#58 » by BleedGreen1989 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:53 pm

CBS7 wrote:
BleedGreen1989 wrote:
CBS7 wrote:
In game 2 for sure - let's not overstate how good his game 1 was. It was merely "ok".


It's not even so much his stats, but the pace he kept the game at, his defense, and clear leadership have been on display both games.


I saw a different game 1. He was -7 and took more shots than anyone except Butler.


Get what you're saying. Maybe we just disagree on the other elements Rondo has brought to the series.
User avatar
GreenBloodedC
General Manager
Posts: 9,589
And1: 8,065
Joined: May 08, 2012

Re: ECQF: P2 | (1) Boston Celtics vs Chicago Bulls (8) | CHI 2-0 

Post#59 » by GreenBloodedC » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:53 pm

Froob wrote:Shame to see Rondo go down, what of the toughest SOB to ever play. Must be a hell of a fracture. Hope we'll see him back soon

I bet he'd play if they were not up 2 - 0. He played with a torn ACL for us. What a warrior.
Image
User avatar
Froob
RealGM
Posts: 25,957
And1: 24,642
Joined: Nov 04, 2010
Location: Daniel Theis for MVP
     

Re: ECQF: P2 | (1) Boston Celtics vs Chicago Bulls (8) | CHI 2-0 

Post#60 » by Froob » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:54 pm

Anyone else feel like the Bulls messed up not trading for IT at the deadline? Should have given up all their picks for the next century.
Image
Tommy Heinsohn wrote:The game is not over until they look you in the face and start crying.


Celtics_History_Lesson wrote:Olynyk is a magical salary cap being


http://www.yeezus2020.com/

Return to The General Board