Kyrie needs to be in the top 5 player discussion...Celtics record 10-2 Cavs 5-6..MVP year

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

INKtastic
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,967

Re: Kyrie needs to be in the top 5 player discussion...2017 Finals 30ppg, 48%FG, 5 Assists 

Post#221 » by INKtastic » Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:06 pm

Hello Brooklyn wrote:Kyrie averaged 4 assists as in the Finals a POINT GUARD on an elite offensive team.

That's all I need to know about him to know hes not a top 5 player.

All he knows how to do is ISO scoring. Theres a reason Cleveland is the worst team in the NBA when LeBron is off the floor.

Kyrie is the cavs 2 guard. The best PG in the league, LeBron James, is the cavs PG.
http://www.inktastic.com/ Custom T-Shirts and more
Starboy
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,192

Re: Kyrie needs to be in the top 5 player discussion...2017 Finals 30ppg, 48%FG, 5 Assists 

Post#222 » by Starboy » Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:08 pm

There is a reason that Kyrie is so popular amongst "casual" fans. This is it.

The other hilarious thing is when people argue that lebron has no help and he is the GOAT for taking warriors to 5 games, then turn around and argue that Kyrie was the second best player in the series :lol: :crazy:
INKtastic
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,967

Post#223 » by INKtastic » Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:12 pm

Starboy wrote:There is a reason that Kyrie is so popular amongst "casual" fans. This is it.

The other hilarious thing is when people argue that lebron has no help and he is the GOAT for taking warriors to 5 games, then turn around and argue that Kyrie was the second best player in the series :lol: :crazy:

Durnant was the 2nd best player in the series. He won games 3 and 5 for golden state. Some of those shots he hit in game 5 were ridiculous,

Two biggest shots of the seeraies, and the reason there isn't a game 7 tonight, were Durant's pull up 3 in game 3 and Kyrie missing his shot to answer that.
http://www.inktastic.com/ Custom T-Shirts and more
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 12,878

Post#224 » by Hello Brooklyn » Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:16 pm

Starboy wrote:There is a reason that Kyrie is so popular amongst "casual" fans. This is it.

Yeah I love it when Cavs fans try to argue that Kyrie is better than Steph, and then also argue that LeBron has "no help."
chyau.00
Starter
And1: 713

Post#225 » by chyau.00 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:22 pm

Hello Brooklyn wrote:

Yeah I love it when Cavs fans try to argue that Kyrie is better than Steph, and then also argue that LeBron has "no help."

Haha. Yea then they argue that it is also because of 'draymond....klay...blahblahblah' but then argue they are only role players with no chance of going into the hof.
therealbig3
RealGM
And1: 15,083

Post#226 » by therealbig3 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:30 pm

I don't think anyone thinks LeBron has a bad team around him, he has a very good team around him, and it's a team that would have a high probability of winning the title...if not for how ridiculously stacked GS is. That's an unprecedentedly stacked squad. So when people say LeBron doesn't have enough help, it's not relative to the rest of the league, it's simply relative to GS.

However, I am not a Kyrie fan either. I think he's a generally low impact player that doesn't do anything particularly well except score in isolation, and even then, his decision-making is poor, since we saw how he wasted the Cavs' last possession in game 3 by going all And-1 mixtape on Klay for most of the possession when they had a 2 for 1 opportunity, and then subsequently bricked the 3. He's a poor defender who gives away almost as much as he gets with his scoring, and his general abilities as a PG are severely lacking, although his technical abilities as a passer are pretty good. He really is pretty bad in the PnR, because he almost never looks to pass, only shoot.

But people will always overrate ISO scoring. Most people can't comprehend how a guy can score 25 ppg but not have much of an impact, but that's Kyrie for you.
therealbig3
RealGM
And1: 15,083

Post#227 » by therealbig3 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:34 pm

It's easier to argue that Curry was the best player in the Finals than it is to argue that Kyrie outplayed him, lmao. Curry was actually the best player for GS as far as I'm concerned, but because Durant scored a lot of points and had the narrative going for him, he got the FMVP.

Curry was great. He had one bad game, and 4 really good ones, and GS once again lived and died with him more than anyone else. It was like that all year, and it was like that in the Finals too.

Kyrie was bad outside of 2 games.
Danny11
Rookie
And1: 817

Post#228 » by Danny11 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:58 pm

Lebron, KD, Kawhi, Westbrook, AD, Giannis, Curry, Harden are all guys I would take over Kyrie without batting an eye, and I don't think you can argue these.

Then you have Butler, CP3, Wall, Gobert, Cousins, PG13, Conley, Jokic, Kat, and other guys who I would still take over Kyrie.

IMO, he hovers somewhere around 15-20 and without Lebron on his team, we probably wouldn't even talk about him.
nbafan38
Head Coach
And1: 5,364

Post#229 » by nbafan38 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 4:02 pm

You do understand this thread was started by someone who has an agenda to make a case that Durant is as good a player as Lebron.
Danny11
Rookie
And1: 817

Post#230 » by Danny11 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 4:02 pm

chyau.00 wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:

Haha. Yea then they argue that it is also because of 'draymond....klay...blahblahblah' but then argue they are only role players with no chance of going into the hof.

I think you guys are over generalizing. Those are two different sets of people.
nbafan38
Head Coach

Post#231 » by nbafan38 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 4:11 pm

Danny11 wrote:
chyau.00 wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:

I think you guys are over generalizing. Those are two different sets of people.

Agreed it's not so much people being inconsistent as different peoiple making different arguments.
RingsDontLie
Veteran
And1: 1,359

Post#232 » by RingsDontLie » Sun Jun 18, 2017 4:37 pm

nbafan38 wrote:

You do understand this thread was started by someone who has an agenda to make a case that Durant is as good a player as Lebron.

Right now KD is better than Lebron and outplayed Lebron in the finals. I'm not the only guy saying this though. And Lebron is getting old. He's going to get worse from here on out so it's just a matter of time before it's obvious to casual fans.
Starboy
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,192

Post#233 » by Starboy » Sun Jun 18, 2017 4:57 pm

nbafan38 wrote:

As if there aren't hundreds of posts suggesting what I said outside of this delusional one.
nbafan38
Head Coach

Post#234 » by nbafan38 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:02 pm

RingsDontLie wrote:
nbafan38 wrote:

Right now KD is better than Lebron and outplayed Lebron in the finals. I'm not the only guy saying this though. And Lebron is getting old. He's going to get worse from here on out so it's just a matter of time before it's obvious to casual fans.

No he's not and no he did not. Durant just has it much easier on the team he's on and has to do a lot less than Lebron does but I understand why when you try to claim Kyrie may be better than Curry you won't see it that way. Yes one day Durant will probably be better than Lebron as Lebron declines but Lebron hasn't declined that much yet.
nbafan38
Head Coach

Post#235 » by nbafan38 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:04 pm

Starboy wrote:
nbafan38 wrote:

As if there aren't hundreds of posts suggesting what I said outside of this delusional one.

Most posts claiming Kyrie is that amazing are made by people trying to tear down Lebron, read between the lines. And I don't want to give the wrong impression, I like Kyries game a lot and think he's a very clutch player but top 5?????? Hes maybe top 15-20 but even then he still has to work on being more consistent.
cpower
RealGM
And1: 7,135

Post#236 » by cpower » Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:18 pm

Yeah lets rank players on PPG alone. heck AI might be top 5 of all time 8-)
couchie
Pro Prospect
And1: 495

Post#237 » by couchie » Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:44 pm

I question why Kyrie can't win a game without Lebron or why Lebron can't take a minute rest without the team shifting momentum to the other side. Mostly I blame this on the coach but since Kyrie is always out there when LeBron is not his rep takes a hit as well. Instead of taking the opportunity to get his he should be questioning how to make his team mates better. I have a feeling people will be saying he's only 25, only 26, only 27 for the rest of his career with no improvement. I hope he proves me wrong.

Steph on Cleveland - anyone that tries to use steph like they use Kyrie would need to be fired. Mark Jackson did which is why he is calling games rather than coaching them. It takes more than natural talent to become a top 10 player.

Kyrie on Warriors - the only thing that piques my interest about this is watching draymond go postal every time he iso'd more than two possessions in a row. Took Durant a minute to break this habit. Oh and that dribbling LOL. Kyrie would be great for draymond enthusiasts.

BBIQ? Doesn't seem particularly high. thanks to kyrie I'm enjoying my birthday and not even thinking about a possible game 7. That sequence where he blew off his screener and then proceeded to dribble out the 2 for 1 possibility was my favorite cavs play of the series.

And before I hear about Steph's stacked team, warriors have made playoffs 5 straight years. They just didn't pop up out of nowhere with 3 allstars and win a championship.
PizzaSteve
Veteran
And1: 1,837

Re: Kyrie needs to be in the top 5 player discussion...'17 Finals Game 4: 40 points, 55% FG 

Post#238 » by PizzaSteve » Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:58 pm

RCM88x wrote:Honestly, I'm not even sure if he's not among the top 5 of the greatest players in the game on one side of the ball.

Fixed that for ya...you're welcome
cdubbz
RealGM
And1: 2,817

Post#239 » by cdubbz » Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:01 pm

Love Kyrie but he's not in top 5 discussion yet. top 5 PG tho

Chris Paul
Steph Curry
Westbrook
John Wall
Irving
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
and1GS
RealGM
And1: 2,726
Location: home of 4x champs, 1x AS starter, supporter of checkbook wins and all-time weakest moves

Post#240 » by and1GS » Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:38 pm

Man if you want to say Kyrie is a top 5 player then Melo need to be in the conversation too. Diverse offensive skillsets but don't do much of anything else.

As the poster above me noted, Kyrie is a top 5 PG if you're counting harden as a 2, but that's it.
"The dynasty doesn't start with you, it starts after you" :lol: :lol:

KevinMcreynolds wrote:hopefully JK laid some pipe on the strip as well, gotta get those reps in

Return to The General Board