Sixers and Celtics in serious talks about potential trade involving #1 pick

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

CoreyGallagher
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,924

Re: Sixers and Celtics in serious talks about potential trade involving #1 pick 

Post#941 » by CoreyGallagher » Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:15 am

Spanish_Laker wrote:The Sixers hitting the panic buttom. Good luck with that log jam at the PF/C position, they're so dysfunctional.

I'm confused, do you think that we're drafting a big?
CoreyGallagher wrote:I hope the Cavs don't take Embiid because then we'll take Embiid.
Prez
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 41,864

Post#942 » by Prez » Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:16 am

The backtracking from Sixers haters is going to be hilarious in a couple years. Hell, maybe as soon as next year.
London2Boston
General Manager
And1: 12,060

Post#943 » by London2Boston » Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:17 am

After some sleep, I'm abit more calm about it. Make no mistake, Philly still wins the trade and they will have a special core for years, but I will wait to see any possible follow up moves first. Ainge is playing with Fire though if he's potentially just have Philly years of East dominance.
memgrizzlies000
Junior
And1: 659

Post#944 » by memgrizzlies000 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:47 am

I think it's a fair trade. That pick next year will be really high since it's the Lakers lmao. And the draft next year is even better.
millslapper
Senior
And1: 332

Post#945 » by millslapper » Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:01 pm

as a Celtics GM would have called Ball for a Celtics workout (after that Fultz again to sell the trick later), shouted out to the media how great he was and then take him at #1.

After that i would have called the Lakers to swap drafted players (probably Fultz) + an addition of one of Randle/Ingram/(Zubac) or a 2019 Lakers Pick.
Lakers want Ball so bad (do they?).

To end that as step number three, i would have made this 76ers Fultz deal as it is right now.

That would show some Ainge big balls and even one #1 round pick or a young talent more.
the7boss
Pro Prospect
And1: 553

Post#946 » by the7boss » Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:02 pm

How can you gift a future star to your division rival for the next 5-8 years which happens to be exactly what they are lacking?

Ainge should be pretty sure that Fultz is nothing special to do this trade. Brilliant for the Sixers though, just stockpiling top-potential prospects, some will pan out as superstars for sure and their injury misery will end at some point. I just hope they have better luck than the Roy-Oden-Aldridge-Batum's Blazers.
Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,679

Post#947 » by Dupp » Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:06 pm

CoreyGallagher wrote:
Spanish_Laker wrote:The Sixers hitting the panic buttom. Good luck with that log jam at the PF/C position, they're so dysfunctional.

Wonder if he still think Noel plays for you guys
SkyHookFTW
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,097

Post#948 » by SkyHookFTW » Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:07 pm

the7boss wrote:How can you gift a future star to your division rival for the next 5-8 years which happens to be exactly what they are lacking?

Ainge should be pretty sure that Fultz is nothing special to do this trade. Brilliant for the Sixers though, just stockpiling top-potential prospects, some will pan out as superstars for sure and their injury misery will end at some point. I just hope they have better luck than the Roy-Oden-Aldridge-Batum's Blazers.

The Sixers might be doing the same by giving the C's the extra firsts. Gotta give something to get something (unless you're Billy King or Vlade).
"It's scarier than Charles Barkley at an all you can eat buffet." --Shaq on Shark Week
"My secret to getting rebounds? It's called go get the damn ball." --Charles Barkley
LordCovington33
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,678

Post#949 » by LordCovington33 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:15 pm

millslapper wrote:as a Celtics GM would have called Ball for a Celtics workout (after that Fultz again to sell the trick later), shouted out to the media how great he was and then take him at #1.

After that i would have called the Lakers to swap drafted players (probably Fultz) + an addition of one of Randle/Ingram/(Zubac) or a 2019 Lakers Pick.
Lakers want Ball so bad (do they?).

To end that as step number three, i would have made this 76ers Fultz deal as it is right now.

That would show some Ainge big balls and even one #1 round pick or a young talent more.

For starters, Ball didn't want to work out for the Celtics. And, what if the Lakers prefer Fultz to Ball, and they take Fultz second? What next? Make a trade with the sixers? Fultz was their guy, and was willing to add a pick to get him. It is debatable if they would offer anything for Ball. And if they would, it wouldn't be the same offer given for Fultz.
Old Man Game
Head Coach
And1: 4,289

Post#950 » by Old Man Game » Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:19 pm

I want to see this workout for Philly so badly. More than anything I just want to see Embiid stay healthy though. Would love it if Joel stayed healthy and Fultz reached his ceiling of some of these comps you see tossed around for him (Harden/Wade/Westbrook). That would be a fun team to watch.
The_Hater
GHOAT (Greatest Hater Of All Time)
And1: 40,048

Post#951 » by The_Hater » Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:23 pm

CoreyGallagher wrote:

Some people like to criticize the Sixers no matter what moves they make. The funny part is if the Lakers made a very similar trade for the #1 pick, his opinion on the situation would have been the reverse.
AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
Heezzi
Pro Prospect
And1: 259

Post#952 » by Heezzi » Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:26 pm

Why didn't the Cs get a center from 76ers?
jptremblay
Rookie
And1: 1,215

Post#953 » by jptremblay » Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:29 pm

memgrizzlies000 wrote:I think it's a fair trade. That pick next year will be really high since it's the Lakers lmao. And the draft next year is even better.

What? No way.
When this account gets more "And1"s than posts written ...then my life will be complete. And maybe it will be the right time to hang it up. (Achieved on 2017-2018 season)...but still here.
DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 44,076

Post#954 » by DaGawd » Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:30 pm

memgrizzlies000 wrote:I think it's a fair trade. That pick next year will be really high since it's the Lakers lmao. And the draft next year is even better.

Next year's draft is just top heavy. Pretty good drop off after the first 3 or 4 prospects
BaF
Washington Wizards
The_Hater
GHOAT (Greatest Hater Of All Time)
And1: 40,048

Post#955 » by The_Hater » Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:33 pm

Lakerfan17 wrote:Fultz isn't one of those guaranteed franchise changing picks right.

That's quite the haul in a draft which doesn't have a bonafide franchise player.

While I agree thst Fultz it's a guaranteed franchise changer, rumors say the Lakers wants to make the exact same type of trade to get him. Obviously some are impressed
AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
PLO
Analyst
And1: 1,305

Post#956 » by PLO » Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:37 pm

CoreyGallagher wrote:

To be fair, Fultz has clearly been in the gym a lot recently pumping the iron.
LakersDynasty14 wrote:Lonzo Ball is literally on a Hall of Fame trajectory at this point. This thread is so full of fail.

shakes0 wrote:I hope they put Simmons on Trae. He'll foul him out by the 3rd quarter. plus Simmons can't stay in front of Trae. No one can.
chrisab123
RealGM
And1: 9,316

Post#957 » by chrisab123 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:47 pm

London2Boston wrote:After some sleep, I'm abit more calm about it. Make no mistake, Philly still wins the trade and they will have a special core for years, but I will wait to see any possible follow up moves first. Ainge is playing with Fire though if he's potentially just have Philly years of East dominance.

I'm not. I realize that he was set on taking Josh Jackson so trading down in his mind is a win. Reality? He got hammered in historical fashion for this return. This might be the lightest return for a #1 pick in any sport when it's all said and done. Just because he can't stop himself from drafting the same player over and over again. Just once could we have a guy who didn't have a busted jump shot??
London2Boston
General Manager
And1: 12,060

Post#958 » by London2Boston » Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:52 pm

DaGawd wrote:

Next year's draft is just top heavy. Pretty good drop off after the first 3 or 4 prospects

Which is where the pick will be for it to convey.
hickfromfrenchlick
General Manager
And1: 9,125

Post#959 » by hickfromfrenchlick » Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:52 pm

chrisab123 wrote:
London2Boston wrote:After some sleep, I'm abit more calm about it. Make no mistake, Philly still wins the trade and they will have a special core for years, but I will wait to see any possible follow up moves first. Ainge is playing with Fire though if he's potentially just have Philly years of East dominance.

I'm not. I realize that he was set on taking Josh Jackson so trading down in his mind is a win. Reality? He got hammered in historical fashion for this return. This might be the lightest return for a #1 pick in any sport when it's all said and done. Just because he can't stop himself from drafting the same player over and over again. Just once could we have a guy who didn't have a busted jump shot??

And what if we take Tatum or flip it into Butler? You'll have to come up with a different argument as to why a GM that every other team's fans would take is horrible and should be fired, I guess.
E-Balla
RealGM
And1: 24,419
Location: The Poster Formerly Known As The Gotham City Pantalones

Post#960 » by E-Balla » Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:56 pm

Are all other 29 GMs in on some sort of scheme to give Danny Ainge a dynasty? How the hell did this just happen?

Return to The General Board