Sixers and Celtics in serious talks about potential trade involving #1 pick

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

ShazamDaShiznt
Analyst
And1: 4,766

Re: Sixers and Celtics in serious talks about potential trade involving #1 pick 

Post#961 » by ShazamDaShiznt » Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:02 pm

London2Boston wrote:After some sleep, I'm abit more calm about it. Make no mistake, Philly still wins the trade and they will have a special core for years, but I will wait to see any possible follow up moves first. Ainge is playing with Fire though if he's potentially just have Philly years of East dominance.

he doesn't know what to do with his assets so he just collecting more draft picks hoping some team will be interested in them

he had chances to trade for established talent, he skipped the move so the plan then was to draft the best available talent, now ainge gifts the best available talent to his rival team. His team got plenty of players already, why in the hell does he keep on collecting those draft picks, there is no spot for them to play there unless he gets rid of some of his current players.

Watch danny ainge trading away #3 pick for kings #5 and #10 picks to select two future role players, that would be even more funny.

this guy is one of the worst at drafting, and he keeps collecting draft picks :lol: glad he's got one of the best coaches in the league, he will make those role players look great. But when it's time to win it all only the superstar talent can get you there.
Scarletfire81
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,408

Post#962 » by Scarletfire81 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:07 pm

This return seems light but in reality it's not too bad. Only because of the pick protection. For example they could of gave lakers pick unprotected and their own 2021 pick. But if the lakers are decent next year it could be like the 10th pick. Then if the Sixers are good in 2021 it might be like 20th. Because of the protection, I think it's a good deal for Danny to get a lottery pick.
Scarletfire81
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,408

Post#963 » by Scarletfire81 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:10 pm

ShazamDaShiznt wrote:
London2Boston wrote:After some sleep, I'm abit more calm about it. Make no mistake, Philly still wins the trade and they will have a special core for years, but I will wait to see any possible follow up moves first. Ainge is playing with Fire though if he's potentially just have Philly years of East dominance.

he doesn't know what to do with his assets so he just collecting more draft picks hoping some team will be interested in them

he had chances to trade for established talent, he skipped the move so the plan then was to draft the best available talent, now ainge gifts the best available talent to his rival team. His team got plenty of players already, why in the hell does he keep on collecting those draft picks, there is no spot for them to play there unless he gets rid of some of his current players.

Watch danny ainge trading away #3 pick for kings #5 and #10 picks to select two future role players, that would be even more funny.

this guy is one of the worst at drafting, and he keeps collecting draft picks :lol: glad he's got one of the best coaches in the league, he will make those role players look great. But when it's time to win it all only the superstar talent can get you there.

To be fair he did draft Ante Zizic (draft and stash) in the 20s last year and now he would be projected to be a top ten pick. That was a brilliant pick.
chrisab123
RealGM
And1: 9,268

Post#964 » by chrisab123 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:12 pm

hickfromfrenchlick wrote:
chrisab123 wrote:

I'm not. I realize that he was set on taking Josh Jackson so trading down in his mind is a win. Reality? He got hammered in historical fashion for this return. This might be the lightest return for a #1 pick in any sport when it's all said and done. Just because he can't stop himself from drafting the same player over and over again. Just once could we have a guy who didn't have a busted jump shot??

And what if we take Tatum or flip it into Butler? You'll have to come up with a different argument as to why a GM that every other team's fans would take is horrible and should be fired, I guess.

I feel better if Tatum is the pick but the likely pick is Jackson. The return is extremely light. 1 pick in addition to the 3. One pick. Why does the deal have to happen now? Why not Thursday? Jimmy Butler? Sure he's good but he's not getting moved. George isn't getting moved either. So what the hell is the point of making this deal on Saturday night and not holding a bidding war? Why not just make the pick? Lots of questions right now and none of them are good.
LBJKB24MJ23
RealGM
And1: 21,145

Post#965 » by LBJKB24MJ23 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:13 pm

wafer88 wrote:
LBJKB24MJ23 wrote:Love it for the 76ers. Lakers getting shafted. Loved it.

It would make sense if they took Jackson at #2 and let Celtics take Ball haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

????
How are the Lakers getting shafted? This really doesn't affect the Lakers at all. Fultz was going to go first....so Lakers are picking whoever they think is better out of Jackson and Ball.....which is probably Ball.

They offered for the #1 pick. Meaning that they probably want the guarantee to pick up the best showing (and player) in the workouts aka Fultz.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
raf1995 wrote:I just don’t think he has that kind of potential. I think we will regret not trading him for a haul in a few years when he’s a mid-tier starter with nice playmaking and defense and a shaky jumper.
London2Boston
General Manager
And1: 12,018

Post#966 » by London2Boston » Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:38 pm

E-Balla wrote:Are all other 29 GMs in on some sort of scheme to give Danny Ainge a dynasty? How the hell did this just happen?

Dynasty? Don't see it.

It's Jackson/Tatum this year which is meh and then either one stud next year or the year after. I like Jaylen Brown a lot, but he would have to turn into Mini Lebron for this to become a dynasty. It's Philly that has that potential now.
TheMartian
General Manager
And1: 6,211

Post#967 » by TheMartian » Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:58 pm

London2Boston wrote:
E-Balla wrote:Are all other 29 GMs in on some sort of scheme to give Danny Ainge a dynasty? How the hell did this just happen?

Dynasty? Don't see it.

It's Jackson/Tatum this year which is meh and then either one stud next year or the year after. I like Jaylen Brown a lot, but he would have to turn into Mini Lebron for this to become a dynasty. It's Philly that has that potential now.

You're forgetting we still have the BRK '18. :wink:
Curmudgeon
RealGM
And1: 21,603

Post#968 » by Curmudgeon » Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:06 pm

mzepol wrote:
London2Boston wrote:

Dynasty? Don't see it.

And LA '18 if it falls within 2-5, plus Boston '18. And Sacramento 19, Boston '19, Memphis 19 (protected 1-8) and Clips '19 (protected 1-14)
"Numbers lie alot. Wins and losses don't lie." - Jerry West
"You are what your record says you are."- Bill Parcells
"Offense sells tickets. Defense wins games. Rebounding wins championships." Pat Summit
joyeuxnoel
Bench Warmer
And1: 699

Post#969 » by joyeuxnoel » Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:08 pm

Curmudgeon wrote:
mzepol wrote:
London2Boston wrote:
Dynasty? Don't see it.

And LA '18 if it falls within 2-5, plus Boston '18. And Sacramento 19, Boston '19, Memphis 19 (protected 1-8) and Clips '19 (protected 1-14)

sacramento 19 if and only if the LA 18 doesnt fall between 2-5
Embiid-Simmons-Covington

Fire Colangelo
desi tmac91
Junior
And1: 292

Post#970 » by desi tmac91 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:08 pm

Lakers are still a bad team. Kings aren't turning it around by 2019. Ainge is likely scooping up another top 5 draft pick while getting the guy he actually preferred. That is a steal.
tundraknight
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,907

Post#971 » by tundraknight » Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:12 pm

Fultz
Ben Simmons
Joel Embiid

This should be the most intriguing young trio in the NBA.
joyeuxnoel
Bench Warmer
And1: 699

Post#972 » by joyeuxnoel » Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:12 pm

desi tmac91 wrote:Lakers are still a bad team. Kings aren't turning it around by 2019. Ainge is likely scooping up another top 5 draft pick while getting the guy he actually preferred. That is a steal.

both teams win the trade on paper imo

hope both fultz and JJ become great
Embiid-Simmons-Covington

Fire Colangelo
NBAfan3024
RealGM
And1: 7,035

Post#973 » by NBAfan3024 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:12 pm

Sixers certainly should be the next big thing in the east.
EricAnderson
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,180

Post#974 » by EricAnderson » Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:17 pm

Mylie10 wrote:
EricAnderson wrote:
wjun15 wrote:what fking robbery by ainge.... thats a potential #3 and future #1 2019 pick for #1 this year. even a #3 and #2-5 next year is a fcking STEAL, especially in current years draft where there isnt a once in a 5 year type player and consensus no brainer #1.

philly mustve REALLY wanted fultz

Don't bypass the language filter-DoM.

A lot of people in the NBA feel Fultz is the consensus 1st pick and the best pg prospect the past few years

And the next few drafts are weak at pg that's why the Sixers did it

Both teams made out very well imo

Fox/Jackson have to be crap compared to Fultz or Ball for this to be bad for Boston.

They get a pick most likely next year when Thomas needs to have the decision made on him.

This season they may trade for Jimmy Butler.

They may sign Hayward or Griffin.

By picking these young dudes that can play right away they maintain them on rookie deals, which allows for them to sign dudes.

Good deal for both teams if you ask me.

If Fultz becomes a franchise player and the players the Celtics get dont then it's a bad deal

It's a star league and the thing the Celtics lack are franchise players.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,339

Post#975 » by 76ciology » Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:21 pm

Read on Twitter
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
desi tmac91
Junior
And1: 292

Post#976 » by desi tmac91 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:23 pm

joyeuxnoel wrote:
desi tmac91 wrote:Lakers are still a bad team. Kings aren't turning it around by 2019. Ainge is likely scooping up another top 5 draft pick while getting the guy he actually preferred. That is a steal.

both teams win the trade on paper imo

hope both fultz and JJ become great

This is great for Philly as well. They've tanked long enough. Great looking core now though Embiid's health makes signing a capable backup center still in his prime years a big priority.
r0drig0lac
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,243

Post#977 » by r0drig0lac » Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:25 pm

Simmons/Fultz/RoCo/Saric/Joel
this will be good
GritAndMind
Sophomore
And1: 71

Post#978 » by GritAndMind » Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:26 pm

Boston34Bg wrote:
Mr.Raptorsingh wrote:Maybe, Ainge flips #3 to SAC for #5 and #10?

Possible, as I wrote up there the C's have shown interest in Smith JR and will have him for a workout.

I echo this. Look at the guys being worked out: DSJ, Markannen, J Tatum. I think flipping #3 for #5 & #10 is definitely within the realm of possibility for Ainge (just because the Sixers wouldnt flip #3 for #5 & #10 says nothing about Danny doing it).

Ainge can't help himself, as he showed in the first deal. He is basically Kevin Costner in Draft Day at this point.
Bolivar
Starter
And1: 4,321

Post#979 » by Bolivar » Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:26 pm

76ciology wrote:
Read on Twitter

You guys went from watching Josh Jackson clips to Fultz clips :lol: The Jackson highlights on Youtube are basically just people saying "welcome to Philly" over and over :D
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,339

Post#980 » by 76ciology » Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:30 pm

Bolivar wrote:
76ciology wrote:
Read on Twitter

You guys went from watching Josh Jackson clips to Fultz clips :lol: The Jackson highlights on Youtube are basically just people saying "welcome to Philly" over and over :D

EXACTLY. I know more about Jackson than Fultz. Im taking short cuts by reading celtics forum and celtics podcasts. Damn.. I have wasted like almost two days already
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.

Return to The General Board