Zach Lowe and T-Mac: Greek Freak will be better than Anthony Davis, Towns, Wiggins, Embiid

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Roscoe Sheed
RealGM
And1: 4,385

Re: Zach Lowe and T-Mac: Greek Freak will be better than Anthony Davis, Towns, Wiggins, Embiid 

Post#21 » by Roscoe Sheed » Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:41 am

Davis has become underrated. His only flaw is health
Frank Dux
Head Coach
And1: 9,193

Re: Zach Lowe and T-Mac: Greek Freak will be better than Anthony Davis, Towns, Wiggins, Embiid 

Post#22 » by Frank Dux » Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:44 am

Reeeally going out on a limb saying that Giannis will surpass Wiggins.
Patches Perry
RealGM
And1: 15,208

Post#23 » by Patches Perry » Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:45 am

If Anthony Davis can become a defensive anchor, then he is the best of the group. Until then, I'd probably like Giannis over that group. I'm still interested in the kind of player Towns becomes.
RCM88x
RealGM
And1: 18,968

Post#24 » by RCM88x » Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:47 am

He already is.

LookToShoot wrote:Melo is the only player that makes the Rockets watchable for the basketball purists. Otherwise it would just be three point shots and pick n roll.
ZGendron317
Junior
And1: 50

Zach Lowe and T-Mac: Greek Freak will be better than Anthony Davis, Towns, Wiggins, Embiid 

Post#25 » by ZGendron317 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:48 am

I agree with Wiggins, AD, and Embiid. Towns and Giannis are both the future of the league though, but I think Giannis could be one of the best players in the league in a few years (at the time, not ever).
Dan Z
RealGM
And1: 7,221

Post#26 » by Dan Z » Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:51 am

At a certain point players are only so good. But Giannas if he reaches his potential could be a superstar.
GrandTheftRondo
General Manager
And1: 8,836

Post#27 » by GrandTheftRondo » Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:51 am

I'd take him before Davis and Wiggins that's for sure.

I think Davis is close to his peak unless he can improve defensively. I think Giannis is a much more transcendent sort of talent.

As for Wiggins it isn't even close. I've never been high on him at all after seeing his first season.
DusterBuster
RealGM
And1: 18,961

Post#28 » by DusterBuster » Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:03 am

GopherIt! wrote:
DusterBuster wrote:
Infinite Llamas wrote:Not exactly a controversial statement in my opinion...you could make a case for any of these guys (not sure if Wiggins is on the same level though). They have holes in their games and it's hard to truly say one is head and shoulders above the other.

Yeah, Wiggins is a real odd man out in this whole thing.

Your trolling us :lol:. I'm very intrigued by what Thibs can do w Wiggs.

Nah, if I was trolling it would be far more obvious and hopefully funny to some people. I don't think Wiggins is on the level of the rest of the guys mentioned. He puts up numbers, but he's not a guy I'd necessarily want as a franchise pillar. He's more of a high-end complementary piece than foundational imo.

I'll probably catch a lot of flack for this next statement, but honestly, he kind of reminds me of Rudy Gay type of player. Nice player, glad he's on your team, but I also don't think he's a make or break franchise talent. Those other guys mentioned are.
Devilzsidewalk wrote:DB is like the ultimate Wolves troll
DusterBuster
RealGM
And1: 18,961

Post#29 » by DusterBuster » Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:05 am

Roscoe Sheed wrote:Davis has become underrated. His only flaw is health

That's a pretty big flaw for a franchise pillar bigman.
Devilzsidewalk wrote:DB is like the ultimate Wolves troll
GopherIt!
RealGM
And1: 24,127

Post#30 » by GopherIt! » Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:25 am

DusterBuster wrote:
GopherIt! wrote:
DusterBuster wrote:
Yeah, Wiggins is a real odd man out in this whole thing.

Your trolling us :lol:. I'm very intrigued by what Thibs can do w Wiggs.

Nah, if I was trolling it would be far more obvious and hopefully funny to some people. I don't think Wiggins is on the level of the rest of the guys mentioned. He puts up numbers, but he's not a guy I'd necessarily want as a franchise pillar. He's more of a high-end complementary piece than foundational imo.

I'll probably catch a lot of flack for this next statement, but honestly, he kind of reminds me of Rudy Gay type of player
. Nice player, glad he's on your team, but I also don't think he's a make or break franchise talent. Those other guys mentioned are.

Now your def trolling :lol: :lol: :lol: I already knew your opinion. :lol:

I obviously disagree wholeheartedly. He's certainly already passed Gay.

I call a spade a spade and most of the time w Minnesota sports I will rip on the picks/players. I'm bullish on Wiggins though. Ive said it before and I will say it again:

The Thibs hiring will help Andrew Wiggins more than any other TWolf.

Drew is one of the best nba athletes I've ever seen. People questioned his shooting form. He improved it. People questioned his handle. He improved it. wolves were the #1 defense for a stretch last year against the top teams and Wiggins had a large part in that. Thibs forced him to be our primary playmaker. He struggled early but he showed improvement by the end of the season. Its all coming together for him.
KingFox
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,627

Post#31 » by KingFox » Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:27 am

Will be? He already is

Anthony Davis is incredibly overhyped. All he does is fill the stat sheet and he certainly doesn't scare me down low
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 64,483

Post#32 » by Duke4life831 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:34 am

He's already better than those guys, has a higher ceiling than all those guys. I totally agree 100% with this. The only guys in the league that I don't see Giannis having a higher ceiling over them is Lebron and KD. I wouldn't be shocked in 5 years Giannis is the best player in the world. Hell I'm not going to lie, I'm expecting it and would be more shocked if he wasn't than if he is.
Kalela
RealGM
And1: 11,488

Post#33 » by Kalela » Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:38 am

In my opinion a healthy Embiid is, literally and figuratively, head and shoulders above Giannis.
Fire Mazzulla
Jables
Analyst
And1: 2,443

Post#34 » by Jables » Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:04 am

I'd rather have Embiid.

31 games against 318 and I think Embiid already makes more impact in the minutes he gets. Antetokoumnpo is the safer bet obviously.
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 12,878

Post#35 » by Hello Brooklyn » Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:19 am

This guy is getting absurdly overrated.

Better than Anthony Davis?

AD is already a top 10 player who has put up historic numbers. What has Giannis done to prove he could be better than him?
giberish
RealGM
And1: 5,830

Post#36 » by giberish » Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:20 am

He's the best of the group right now.

Towns is younger though, and has a serious combination of already being good and upside to improve. IMO Giannis projects a little better but it's close. Embiid obviously have big health issues.
Magic Giannison
RealGM
And1: 27,027

Post#37 » by Magic Giannison » Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:33 am

Hello Brooklyn wrote:This guy is getting absurdly overrated.

Better than Anthony Davis?

AD is already a top 10 player who has put up historic numbers. What has Giannis done to prove he could be better than him?

All start starter
All NBA 2nd team
Top 10 player
Became 5th player in NBA history to lead team in all 5 major stat categories.
Become the only player in the NBA history in top 20 in all major categories.
Literally played in all 5 positions this year from guarding Pg's to C and is elite on both ends.

Yeah,absurdly overrated/

Ohh and he is only 22.
Monky15
Starter
And1: 692

Post#38 » by Monky15 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:39 am

Giannis is already at All NBA level, they need Parker or someone else to become at least a perennial All Star if not another All NBA player to be contenders. I would give up Parker and multiple firsts if it brought back more of a sure thing player.
Veyron
Senior
And1: 509

Post#39 » by Veyron » Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:45 am

Lol, Embiid eating them for breakfest.
tribulations
Analyst
And1: 1,276

Post#40 » by tribulations » Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:46 am

I'm a huge AD fan but he hasn't been a massive difference maker since entering the league (granted New Orleans have had a lukewarm roster to support). Combine that with health concerns and I'm taking Giannis over AD right now, let alone down the road

Sent from my SM-G930F using RealGM mobile app

Return to The General Board