Paul George tells the Pacers he's leaving next season, wants to go to L.A.

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

rapstarter
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,299

Re: Paul George tells the Pacers he's leaving next season, wants to go to L.A. 

Post#581 » by rapstarter » Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:21 am

Catalysm wrote:
OsuCavsfan103 wrote:
getitdone323 wrote:
kinda like we hope LBJ leaves the cavs again and leaves the franchise in abyss for the next 20 years. Because it is pretty well documented the franchise is poop without him. You had your chance with 3 #1 picks.

That's fine that you think so :lol:

I can live having had the 2nd best player of all-time on my team, from Ohio no less.

Aren't you the one who had their name changed from Heat3Peat? You sure sound like a surefire Cavs fan and Clevelander! :lol:

He did say he's a fan of whichever team LeBron's on. So he's definitely a surefire Cavs fan (for now).
Ben-N1ce
RealGM
And1: 19,074

Post#582 » by Ben-N1ce » Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:22 am

Love is not increasing the Pacers wins by much. How is that better than a player and say Lakers / Kings pick from the Celtics? They still ain't winning squat but one gives you a crack a lottery pick.
RRFB
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,259

Post#583 » by RRFB » Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:24 am

Read on Twitter

Not sure if this has been posted yet, but I feel like this is a legit take. The Lakers still look pretty mediocre with George added to their current roster. If things go south, I could see him leaving like Dwight did.
elBJ
Pro Prospect
And1: 697

Post#584 » by elBJ » Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:27 am

Ben-N1ce wrote:Love is not increasing the Pacers wins by much. How is that better than a player and say Lakers / Kings pick from the Celtics? They still ain't winning squat but one gives you a crack a lottery pick.

If Boston wants PG they get him, they got the best assets by far. The question is how strong their desire is and if they think they can convince him to stay.
Guest202 wrote:Even Wall Street Journal subscribers think it was fixed...
alienpick
Starter
And1: 619

What do the Cavs give up for PG13? 

Post#585 » by alienpick » Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:27 am

What would the Cavs give up make this happen? Preferably not giving up Love

Edit : or Kyrie. Can they get PG and build a Big Four to go at the Warriors?
Bakuto
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,301

Post#586 » by Bakuto » Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:28 am

OsuCavsfan103 wrote:
Catalysm wrote:
OsuCavsfan103 wrote:
That's fine that you think so :lol:

I can live having had the 2nd best player of all-time on my team, from Ohio no less.

Aren't you the one who had their name changed from Heat3Peat? You sure sound like a surefire Cavs fan and Clevelander! :lol:

:noway:

I have been over this with people on here time and time again. If you want to read up on it all go back and look at my posts about it a few weeks ago.

Not about to derail this thread on another discussion about how I started here at REALGM

I don't know how to search up posts from a few weeks ago, but I punched in "Heat3Peat RealGM" on Google and came across this thread: viewtopic.php?p=24532290

Interestingly enough, one of the posters had the following as their sig...

Heat3Peat wrote:See this is why it's nice being a LeBron fan, no super hard allegiance to a team so there is no up and down emotions with me during a time like this.

So I'm really not sure why you're acting like a die-hard Cavs fan or a Clevelander still. Or using your newly found Cavaliers-allegiance as an excuse to speak down to other team's fanbases for that matter. :lol:

8-)
Kobe System wrote:I won't touch Drummond's contract. I'd rather have Deng and Mozgov's contract tbh.

Collymore wrote:Jay Tatum is a better prospect than Lebron James was at his age.

Effigy
RealGM
And1: 11,942

Post#587 » by Effigy » Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:29 am

RRFB wrote:
Read on Twitter

Not sure if this has been posted yet, but I feel like this is a legit take. The Lakers still look pretty mediocre with George added to their current roster. If things go south, I could see him leaving like Dwight did.

No chance of that. Dwight left because he wanted to be the man, and Kobe correctly saw that he couldn't be. That ain't happening here. Number 24 ain't walking through that door.

And Dwight never wanted to be a Laker. He was pushing for Brooklyn. PG wants the Lakers.
Dr Aki
RealGM
And1: 29,335

Re: What do the Cavs give up for PG13? 

Post#588 » by Dr Aki » Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:30 am

alienpick wrote:Preferably not giving up Love

come on now...

Warchant
Analyst
And1: 1,265

Post#589 » by Warchant » Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:30 am

sixers238 wrote:The thing is that if Cleveland really wants to add PG13, they HAVE to trade Love to make room for PG's shot attempts. Think about how stagnant KLove currently is on offense...now imagine adding a player like Paul George to take even more touches away from him. If I'm Cleveland, I do this "catching up to GS" thing in 4 steps:

1) Trade Love + Shumpert for PG13 + Jefferson

2) Trade Frye + a few 2nd round picks for cap space

3) Tell DWade to stop ****in around in CHI and sign for less to play the 6th man Iggy/Manu role

4) Fill out the roster with vet mins

Kyrie/Felder
JR/Wade
PG13/Jefferson
LeBron/TT
Jefferson/Bogut

Wow these guys that love LB come up w the funniest trade offers....what in the world is Indiana gonna do w Shumpert? Wade is gonna give up $20+M to sign for cheap(MLE) w the Cavs since their over the cap...now I wuldnt rule anything out when it comes to teams helping out the Cavs(see Atl) but that trade is pretty bad for Ind
Bakuto
Bench Warmer

Post#590 » by Bakuto » Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:30 am

alienpick wrote:What would the Cavs give up make this happen? Preferably not giving up Love

Okay, how about Irving to start then? :noway:
Kobe System wrote:I won't touch Drummond's contract. I'd rather have Deng and Mozgov's contract tbh.

Collymore wrote:Jay Tatum is a better prospect than Lebron James was at his age.

tundraknight
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,927

Post#591 » by tundraknight » Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:31 am

PG13 >>> Love

Plus PG13 would help the Cavs match up against the Warriors much better than Love does.
sogood
Analyst
And1: 5,095

Post#592 » by sogood » Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:31 am

alienpick wrote:What would the Cavs give up make this happen? Preferably not giving up Love

Kyrie.
Effigy
RealGM
And1: 11,942

Post#593 » by Effigy » Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:32 am

Catalysm wrote:

Or Lebron? Lol.

If you can get PG for Love, you take that and run.
Ben-N1ce
RealGM
And1: 19,074

Post#594 » by Ben-N1ce » Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:32 am

Shump and Tyronn lue?
memgrizzlies000
Junior
And1: 659

Post#595 » by memgrizzlies000 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:32 am

I'm sorry but until this Warriors team is broken up, no one is beating them.
fart
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,769

Post#596 » by fart » Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:33 am

Shumpert
SargentBargs101 wrote:
CB-Blazer wrote:what the heck is an Ebanks?

The remote delivery of new and traditional banking products and services through electronic delivery channels. There you go bud :D
alienpick
Starter
And1: 619

Post#597 » by alienpick » Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:33 am

tundraknight wrote:

PG13 >>> Love

Plus PG13 would help the Cavs match up against the Warriors much better than Love does.

I agree, just seeing if they could figure out a big four
Bakuto
Bench Warmer

Post#598 » by Bakuto » Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:33 am

Effigy wrote:
Catalysm wrote:

Or Lebron? Lol.

If you can get PG for Love, you take that and run.

Lol exactly. I mean, what does OP expect to give up? Shumpert and Smith?

:lol:

RCM88x
RealGM
And1: 18,975

Post#599 » by RCM88x » Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:38 am

If its a one year rental, they don't have to give up anyone in the big 3.

Frye/Shumpert or JR would probably be the starting point, then Cedi + picks or just picks.

That is much better than letting him walk for nothing. And if its only a one year rental, I don't see any team other than Cleveland really be willing to make an offer... unless a team believes he can be persuaded to sign an extension.

This "he's leaving in 2018 for LAL" stuff puts the Cavs in an infinitely better position than they were a few hours ago and really eliminates a lot of teams who we though might be in play.

LookToShoot wrote:Melo is the only player that makes the Rockets watchable for the basketball purists. Otherwise it would just be three point shots and pick n roll.
Guest202
Sixth Man
And1: 1,245

Post#600 » by Guest202 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:40 am

elBJ wrote:
Ben-N1ce wrote:Love is not increasing the Pacers wins by much. How is that better than a player and say Lakers / Kings pick from the Celtics? They still ain't winning squat but one gives you a crack a lottery pick.

If Boston wants PG they get him, they got the best assets by far. The question is how strong their desire is and if they think they can convince him to stay.

Can Boston afford PG-13 and Hayward? Makes Boston favs to win the east, right?

Return to The General Board