Paul George tells the Pacers he's leaving next season, wants to go to L.A.

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Hobo4President
Analyst
And1: 3,190

Re: What do the Cavs give up for PG13? 

Post#741 » by Hobo4President » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:47 am

Since he has made his intentions to leave clear that makes it easier to get him for trash doesn't it? Unless other teams want to trade away their future for someone who will leave to LA.

baldur wrote:
Hardcore6erFan wrote:The Cavs would absolutely have to give up Love which I don't think they would do. Cavs 2021 1st unprotected, Cavs 2023 1st unprotected, rights to Cedi Osman is not enough. LeGoat could still be a top 10 player in 2023.

Who was the latest player who was a top 10 player at the age of 39? Or how many of them were there in history?

Was Karl Malone in the top 10 at the time?

20.6 pts, 7.8 rbs, 4.7 asts, 1.7 stls, 0.4 blks, PER of 21.7

Also have to remember this wasn't during the inflation stats era we have been in the last few years.
robbie84
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,381

Re: Paul George tells the Pacers he's leaving next season, wants to go to L.A. 

Post#742 » by robbie84 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:47 am

Celtics are still in play if they get Hayward or Griffin, especially Hayward. PG has stated that Hayward is the guy he'd like to play with the most in the NBA. Dunno why.

Anything's on the table at this point. Ainge is also the kind of GM to roll the dice and get a guy for 1 year and hope he can re-sign him.

Still not sure who the C's would prefer out of Butler/Hayward. Both solid 2 way players. PG is a playoff beast but Butler had better regular season.
One day Marcus Smart will be defensive player of the year, mark my words.
elBJ
Pro Prospect
And1: 697

Post#743 » by elBJ » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:47 am

love alone is enough, that LAL would need to put #2 + prospect on the table
they start with Love - PG and work around that with players which make sense for both parties
Guest202 wrote:Even Wall Street Journal subscribers think it was fixed...
ISayshowmee
Veteran
And1: 1,696

Post#744 » by ISayshowmee » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:48 am

He wants to be the face of the Lakers...period the end.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#745 » by Mylie10 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:51 am

Does Love have a no trade claus? Because he's prolly gonna need one!
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Tehtre
Sophomore
And1: 130

Post#746 » by Tehtre » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:52 am

elBJ wrote:love alone is enough, that LAL would need to put #2 + prospect on the table
they start with Love - PG and work around that with players which make sense for both parties

Nah, Lakers will just pass and wait for the free agency. Even if PG13 doesnt come we'd still have our young talents. it's not like we'd get to anywhere with PG13 anyways.

The real question is would CAVs gamble with Klove? Giving up cores that went to the Finals 3 Straight times?
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,453

Post#747 » by Cactus Jack » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:53 am

JJ_PR wrote:"What do the Cavs give up for PG13?"

Kevin Love. It's that simple. You try to offer Indiana a package of Channing Frye, Iman Shumpert, J.R.Smith and two future firsts, they hang up the phone laughing and never answer another call.

Plus, with Paul George on the fold, Kevin Love is redundant on the cavs lineup.

Another poster mentioned a three team trade idea between Cleveland, Boston and Indiana. Kevin Love to the Celtics, Paul George to Cleveland, 3rd pick to Indiana. Who says no?

Boston won't deal #3. Instead, the (Lakers/kings) pick swap & maybe another future pick would go to Indiana.
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
hazy_01
Rookie
And1: 362

Post#748 » by hazy_01 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:56 am

Love, and then try to get a 3rd team involved to take Love and send assets to Pacers. That's going to be my prediction.
Rotten Apple
General Manager
And1: 5,113

Post#749 » by Rotten Apple » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:57 am

OsuCavsfan103 wrote:
Rotten Apple wrote:It aint happening.

Pacers using this as leverage to get the Lakers to bite.

Either way Irving is a starting point for me if I'm Indiana.

Love is useless at this point, why help out Cleveland and not benefit from this short or long term.

Then that's the ending point. CLE isn't giving up Irving who may not have even peaked yet, for a one year rental on PG. They would probably hang up on them.

Exactly.

Why would the Pacers do the Cavs any favors especially when their hand is being forced.

I really think this is leverage to get LA to bite.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,453

Post#750 » by Cactus Jack » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:59 am

hazy_01 wrote:Love, and then try to get a 3rd team involved to take Love and send assets to Pacers. That's going to be my prediction.

:thumbsup:

Cactus Jack wrote:George to Cleveland

Love to Boston

Picks (via Boston) to Indiana
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
elBJ
Pro Prospect

Post#751 » by elBJ » Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:01 am

Tehtre wrote:
elBJ wrote:love alone is enough, that LAL would need to put #2 + prospect on the table

Nah, Lakers will just pass and wait for the free agency. Even if PG13 doesnt come we'd still have our young talents. it's not like we'd get to anywhere with PG13 anyways.

The real question is would CAVs gamble with Klove? Giving up cores that went to the Finals 3 Straight times?

I'm not saying LAL should do it, but I guess this is what it would take
KLove pretty much showed his limitations this finals, PG would be a much better fit vs GSW. Lebron has got the final say and I think we all know he needs more help :D

At the point the deal is done everything is in jeopardy, but the moment it works out in CLE and Lebron commits longer PG signs a extension, too.
elBJ
Pro Prospect

Post#752 » by elBJ » Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:05 am

Rotten Apple wrote:
OsuCavsfan103 wrote:
Rotten Apple wrote:It aint happening.

Pacers using this as leverage to get the Lakers to bite.

Either way Irving is a starting point for me if I'm Indiana.

Love is useless at this point, why help out Cleveland and not benefit from this short or long term.

Then that's the ending point. CLE isn't giving up Irving who may not have even peaked yet, for a one year rental on PG. They would probably hang up on them.

Exactly.

Why would the Pacers do the Cavs any favors especially when their hand is being forced.

I really think this is leverage to get LA to bite.

only thing LAL have that is remotely close in value to Love or Kyrie is the #2 pick, IND gonna bleed out LA or take Love
alienpick
Starter
And1: 619

Post#753 » by alienpick » Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:08 am

Cactus Jack wrote:
hazy_01 wrote:Love, and then try to get a 3rd team involved to take Love and send assets to Pacers. That's going to be my prediction.

:thumbsup:

Cactus Jack wrote:George to Cleveland

Love to Boston

Picks (via Boston) to Indiana

I agree with this. Then possibly Melo after Knicks buy him out!
xxSnEaKyPxx
RealGM
And1: 15,334

Post#754 » by xxSnEaKyPxx » Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:08 am

Read on Twitter

If the Celtics are actually planning on making a run, you can count the Cavs out I think. Even if we don't get good assets from them, its better than anything the Cavs would offer.
RingsDontLie
Veteran
And1: 1,359

Post#755 » by RingsDontLie » Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:09 am

Mylie10 wrote:Does Love have a no trade claus? Because he's prolly gonna need one!

No he does not. I do wonder if the team does have some kind of loyalty to Love. I know Lebron fans don't, but Love did help the Cavs get their first ring. He's a good stretch 4 and can hit the three, probably a better post up player, and three point guy than Paul George actually. To throw him away is kind of sad I guess. I mean he didn't up and leave to join Lebron so he could get booted to the Pacers just one season after they won the championship. :D
alienpick
Starter

Post#756 » by alienpick » Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:13 am

xxSnEaKyPxx wrote:
Read on Twitter

If the Celtics are actually planning on making a run, you can count the Cavs out I think. Even if we don't get good assets from them, its better than anything the Cavs would offer.

Unless it's a three way and Boston gets Love. There's no way Boston wants a PG rental. Doubt PG will resign with them, but I could see him resigning with LeBron on the Cavs
alienpick
Starter

Post#757 » by alienpick » Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:16 am

I swear LeBron started this by telling PG to leak the news and force Indy into trading him for whatever they can get. Most teams will be out because they wouldn't want a rental with George already saying it's only LA he wants to go to.
unclewai
Sophomore
And1: 353

Post#758 » by unclewai » Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:17 am

robbie84 wrote:Celtics are still in play if they get Hayward or Griffin, especially Hayward. PG has stated that Hayward is the guy he'd like to play with the most in the NBA. Dunno why.

PG13 has his eyes on Hayward's wife, that's why.
Leor_77
Analyst
And1: 533

Post#759 » by Leor_77 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:17 am

Haven't followed PG that closely, but man was his FG% low from 2012-2016. It was fine last year, obviously.
RingsDontLie
Veteran
And1: 1,359

Post#760 » by RingsDontLie » Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:18 am

alienpick wrote:
xxSnEaKyPxx wrote:
Read on Twitter

Unless it's a three way and Boston gets Love. There's no way Boston wants a PG rental. Doubt PG will resign with them, but I could see him resigning with LeBron on the Cavs

Why would PG be more likely to resign with the Cavs than with Boston? Both locations are pretty crappy in comparison to LA. And your telling me PG would rather win with Lebron, so Lebron can get all the credit? Look how much disrespect Kyrie gets from Lebron fans, same junk will be thrown at Paul George...he'll be just another one of Lebron's scrubs that he had to carry the finals.

Return to The General Board