This is the Formula to Beat Golden State

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

LakerLegend
RealGM
And1: 6,915

This is the Formula to Beat Golden State 

Post#1 » by LakerLegend » Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:27 am

Cleveland tried to beat Golden State at their game, fast-paced scoring and 3's.

No one is going to beat Golden State that way, especially when you lack two way players like the Cavs.

So how do you do it?

1. SIZE

Slowing down the pace, pounding the rock inside, crashing the boards, protecting the rim.

and

2. THREE AND D PLAYERS.

The size is going to exploit Golden States biggest weakness, pounding them down low and cleaning the boards.

You're not going to outshoot GS from 3, and you're not going to completely shut them down either.

But what about a less extreme COMBO of the two? Hence the 3 and D players, which there are plenty of.

Who is in the best position to do this? San Antonio and New Orleans.

Point is, I don't think it's near impossible to beat them in the next 3-4 years like everyone says.
Boognish
RealGM
And1: 16,738

Re: This is the formula to beat Golden State 

Post#2 » by Boognish » Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:59 am

Nice.
Bertrob
RealGM
And1: 8,821

Post#3 » by Bertrob » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:02 am

New Orleans isn't going to do ****. They have two great players, then a bunch of **** and they're capped out. Oh and Jrue but who knows what hes going to do.

Now SA, who on their team is pounding the rock inside? LMA? Dude gets eaten up by Draymond. Pau is done. This formula works in theory but no team has the personnel to put it into use.
fa2011
Senior
And1: 1,009

Post#4 » by fa2011 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:04 am

Phwwweeww. Lemme call up SA and NOLA and give them the secret to winning it all. We're about to see a dynasty crumble before our eyes!!
moss_is_1
RealGM
And1: 2,007

Post#5 » by moss_is_1 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:06 am

Easier said than done. You'd need 2 really good bigs that could guard on the perimeter to force GS to stay big with Zaza. Then shooters to score off doubles, and really good defenders that can switch a lot of their actions.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#6 » by Mylie10 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:18 am

Milwaukee is a team that gives Golden State fits with their length and defense. And the ability to run. Add some serious shooting to that, and you have your contender. Maybe one more top flight wing defender as well.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Curmudgeon
RealGM
And1: 21,603

Post#7 » by Curmudgeon » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:22 am

The correct formula for beating Golden State is AS2O3, preferably in the water cooler. KCN will also work.
"Numbers lie alot. Wins and losses don't lie." - Jerry West
"You are what your record says you are."- Bill Parcells
"Offense sells tickets. Defense wins games. Rebounding wins championships." Pat Summit
G35
RealGM
And1: 7,704

Post#8 » by G35 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:23 am

Lakerfan17 wrote:Cleveland tried to beat Golden State at their game, fast-paced scoring and 3's.

No one is going to beat Golden State that way, especially when you lack two way players like the Cavs.

So how do you do it? 1. SIZE, slowing down the pace, pounding the rock inside, crashing the boards, protecting the rim and 2. 3 AND D PLAYERS.

The size is going to exploit Golden States biggest weakness, pounding them down low and cleaning the boards.

You're not going to outshoot GS from 3, and you're not going to completely shut them down either.

But what about a less extreme COMBO of the two? Hence the 3 and D players, which there are plenty of.

Who is in the best position to do this? San Antonio and New Orleans.

Point is, I don't think it's near impossible to beat them in the next 3-4 years like everyone says.

I agree. No team is unbeatable. You have to believe you can beat a team and then you have to execute the game plan at all times. Cleveland tried to beat the Warriors be out shooting them and that was their game plan all season. We all saw that was not the way to beat the Warriors.......
I'm so tired of the typical......
PKABOOICU
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,128

Post#9 » by PKABOOICU » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:47 am

Make an expansion team in Las Vegas and fill it up with 2017 free agents

Chris Paul/Kyle Lowry
Gordon Hayward/Dwyane Wade
Danilo Gallinari/Otto Porter
Blake Griffin/Paul Millsap
Serge Ibaka/Nerlens Noel

Honestly that still wont get it done.
toussaud
Junior
And1: 238

Post#10 » by toussaud » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:59 am

milaukee is a team that if they make a leap GSW does not want to see them. they are long as heck and can switch damn near all 5 positions

philly really what htey are doing would eat GSW alive once they all get mature. the thing about simmons is he can play point but he can also take rhis man in the post. that is the big killer there

so you got simmons, oak, and that's why i think ti's sillly to trade JO, embiid and saric all with legit big man game.
Warriorfan
RealGM
And1: 2,684

Post#11 » by Warriorfan » Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:18 am

76ers have the bigs they just need health , the young guys to fulfill promise and have one of the best free agency hauls in history.

Sign CP3 discount and Haywood and Korver MLE.
Kupchak9
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,492

Post#12 » by Kupchak9 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:22 am

Sure just merge San Antonio and New Orleans into one team. Pop as the coach. Gentry can be an assistant.

Cousins/Pau
Davis/Aldridge
Kawhi/Manu
Green/Moore
Holiday/Parker/Murray
GreatWhiteStiff
RealGM
And1: 12,403

Post#13 » by GreatWhiteStiff » Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:37 am

New Orleans would need the depth and talent of Golden State to beat golden state...I don't think they have either nor the means of possibly acquiring them. Even if they could get another superstar somehow...still not enough. That said I'll freely admit i have no idea what they're actually capable of putting together or how likely it is, I'm just pretending I do.

Let's playin for 9th!

"OG puts the clamps on point guards like Trae Young." -DelAbbot
papidulo
Rookie
And1: 651

Post#14 » by papidulo » Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:45 am

Golden states strength is they have multiple guys who can function as PG; there isn't one guy to key on to stop the offense from flowing. A team has to also have multiple guys capable of being playmakers; that's why Lebron kept lobbying for another ball handler, to allow him and Kyrie to move without the ball more.

All they got was Deron Williams
OzThunder
Rookie
And1: 393

Post#15 » by OzThunder » Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:50 am

The OKC team that nearly knocked them out last year (before they choked) was beating them by going big, and smashing them on the inside/ o-boards. Playing Adams and Kanter at the same time a lot. What they lost on d, they made up with second chance scoring and layups.
Geddy
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 78,609

Post#16 » by Geddy » Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:58 am

Bertrob wrote:New Orleans isn't going to do ****. They have two great players, then a bunch of **** and they're capped out. Oh and Jrue but who knows what hes going to do.

Now SA, who on their team is pounding the rock inside? LMA? Dude gets eaten up by Draymond. Pau is done. This formula works in theory but no team has the personnel to put it into use.

I disagree
Inevitable wrote:Geddy is a good mod actually
WESCO
Head Coach
And1: 977

Post#17 » by WESCO » Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:06 am

Lol @ posters saying sixers.

This isn't NBA 2k something.

I love the position they are in but it's going to be awhile for the talent to come together (along with picking up quality vets/ championship coaching) and gaining the playoff experience
Mind_Odyssey
Analyst
And1: 4,957

Post#18 » by Mind_Odyssey » Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:06 am

I've learned on this site that all you need in order to beat the Warriors is a Lakers logo on the front of your jersey.

In all seriousness, if you want to beat GS you need to outrebound them. You can't have your guards getting out hustled by Curry.
Patches Perry
RealGM
And1: 15,073

Post#19 » by Patches Perry » Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:22 am

Size is so 2003
hype_2004
RealGM
And1: 4,649

Post#20 » by hype_2004 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:22 am

I want to change the game and revolutionize it, **** these smallball oriented trey loving cocksuckers. Imagine a team made up of entirely long athletic 6'10+ footers, from one to 5, Give me a death lineup of PG Giannis, SG Paul George, SF Kristaps Porzingis, PF Anthony Davis and C Rudy Gobert, now let's see these GS team match that, i would love to see these guys team up together in the future, that will CHANGE the game and will start a new arms race for bigger, longer athletic players!

death lineup vs Warriors
Curry vs Giannis
Thompson vs Paul George
Durant vs Unicornzingis
Draymond vs Anthony Davis
scrub Mcgee vs Rudy Gobert

S1. Homophobic term

-Slava

Return to The General Board