Add one player to one team to beat GSW

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

mtron929
Head Coach
And1: 5,269

Re: Add one player to one team to beat GSW 

Post#81 » by mtron929 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:08 am

Lot of these teams might look good on paper, but I guarantee you that if you add a superstar like Lebron to a team like the Pelicans, guys like Boogie will become a really bad 3rd option, and would become more of a liability. People underrate that the Warriors are special because they have talent and they have perfect chemistry. Guys like Thompson and Klay are perfect 3rd/4th options and role players. Guys like Paul George and Boogie will not be great 3rd options and they will become much much less than the sum of the individual parts.
SerialChiller
Head Coach
And1: 11,026

Post#82 » by SerialChiller » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:09 am

THE J0KER wrote:Every suggestion on this thread is good enough to be created new amazing NBA super-team. Most of these teams can challenge GSW, but if I can to bet on the winner, Warriors seems to me as clear favorites in all matchups, except in L.James to SAS/BOS cases where chances seem pretty equal to me.

People should not forget that Golden State last summer added TOP3 player of this decade, Kevin Durant in his prime, to the team which made all-time best 73-9 regular season. They sacrificed last year regular season result to better absorb Durant into their game plan and system, so if you want to see how strong is this GSW team, just focus only on how they finished 2016-17 season with an amazing 30-1 record which includes already famous 16-1 playoff run. Also, when you compare 5 on 5 two teams rosters in GSW case is always more correct to use Curry/Klay/Iguodala/Durant/Green small-ball lineup because Iguodala played over 26 minutes per game in regular season and playoff both, compared to 18 minutes from Pachulia (just 14 during playoff) which some posters use here.

Lebron with the Spurs very slight chance, Celtics no way....and I don't think anyone forgets just how stacked KD's cowardice made GS honestly.
NBAfan3024
RealGM
And1: 7,035

Post#83 » by NBAfan3024 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:11 am

SKG wrote:Kawhi to bucks would do it

Bucks? :lol:
Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,679

Post#84 » by Dupp » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:12 am

Kawhi to the cavs and im fairly confident we could win in 6 max unless zaza goes smash
SerialChiller
Head Coach

Post#85 » by SerialChiller » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:15 am

Dupp wrote:Kawhi to the cavs and im fairly confident we could win in 6 max unless zaza goes smash

Honestly the odds would still go to GSW, that might be enough but probably not imo.
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets
And1: 6,521

Post#86 » by THE J0KER » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:29 am

Dupp wrote:Kawhi to the cavs and im fairly confident we could win in 6 max unless zaza goes smash

James to SAS > Kawhi to CLE, because Popovich is better coach than LueBron
SerialChiller
Head Coach

Post#87 » by SerialChiller » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:39 am

THE J0KER wrote:

Yep...Pop's coaching would be the advantage that MIGHT make that somewhat feasible. Although talent wise the Cavs would be better than that version of the Spurs counting Irving. Either way I wouldn't bet a penny on either hypothetical team vs GS as is at the moment. They're just honestly too much still...
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets
And1: 6,521

Post#88 » by THE J0KER » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:50 am

SerialChiller wrote:
THE J0KER wrote:Every suggestion on this thread is good enough to be created new amazing NBA super-team. Most of these teams can challenge GSW, but if I can to bet on the winner, Warriors seems to me as clear favorites in all matchups, except in L.James to SAS/BOS cases where chances seem pretty equal to me.

People should not forget that Golden State last summer added TOP3 player of this decade, Kevin Durant in his prime, to the team which made all-time best 73-9 regular season. They sacrificed last year regular season result to better absorb Durant into their game plan and system, so if you want to see how strong is this GSW team, just focus only on how they finished 2016-17 season with an amazing 30-1 record which includes already famous 16-1 playoff run. Also, when you compare 5 on 5 two teams rosters in GSW case is always more correct to use Curry/Klay/Iguodala/Durant/Green small-ball lineup because Iguodala played over 26 minutes per game in regular season and playoff both, compared to 18 minutes from Pachulia (just 14 during playoff) which some posters use here.

Lebron with the Spurs very slight chance, Celtics no way....and I don't think anyone forgets just how stacked KD's cowardice made GS honestly.
Celtics current type of starting lineup allstar-allstar-good-mediocre-allstar is perfect to be maximized by the arrival of league best forward. They also have a great bench filled with two TOP3 draft picks from last two drafts and a good coach. Houston seems to me still better team than Boston, but I'm not sure LBJ arrival to Rockets would be so pure instant giant improvement like in Celtics case.
terminus
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#89 » by terminus » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:51 am

Michael Porter Jr. to Chicago
stilldropin20
RealGM
And1: 1,233

Post#90 » by stilldropin20 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:55 am

mccollum to spurs will do it.
like i said, its a full rebuild.
Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,679

Post#91 » by Dupp » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:32 am

THE J0KER wrote:

Nope. Their roster sucks outside kawhi. Kyrie/JR/Kawhi/Bron/Love is amazing on both ends.
Golabki
General Manager
And1: 1,058

Post#92 » by Golabki » Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:08 pm

Paul to SAS... which could have actually happened.

Paul / Mills
Green / Manu / (Mills)
Kawhi / Simmons / (Green)
LMA / Anderson / (Kawhi)
Gasol / (LMA)

9 man rotation that's going to be elite at both ends
antonac
Starter
And1: 2,196

Post#93 » by antonac » Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:40 pm

Kawhi to the wizards would be a pretty good team.

Doesn't take away from their ball dominant point guard and gives him another good option to kick out to for spot up shooting. they would be an intensely physical team that with Wall, Beal and Kawhi would be capable of running with GSW's small ball line up without actually having to go small. Gortat would need to roll back the years for them to properly stand a chance though.
rugbyrugger23
RealGM
And1: 1,336

Post#94 » by rugbyrugger23 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:48 pm

I am going to change my answer but stick with Wolves...

Wiggins for Irving trade gets completed this offseason prior to this magical player addition of this thread. Wolves add Kawhi...

Towns= X factor vs. ZP or McGee
Dieng/Gibson= 12 fouls to throw at Green
Kawhi vs. KD
Butler vs. Klay
Irving vs. Curry

Teague vs. Livingston
Crawford vs. Iggy

That is one hell of a WCF. I don't think any better matchups could happen in this hypothetical.
Warriorfan
RealGM
And1: 2,702

Post#95 » by Warriorfan » Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:03 pm

Dupp wrote:
THE J0KER wrote:

Nope. Their roster sucks outside kawhi. Kyrie/JR/Kawhi/Bron/Love is amazing on both ends.

Cavs ranked in the mid 20's how much do they rise in defensive efficientcy by adding the best perimeter defender in the NBA. GS was #2 and maybe gets better without Durant injury and better chemistry.
TrillyandTruly
Junior
And1: 604

Post#96 » by TrillyandTruly » Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:35 pm

ISayshowmee wrote:
TrillyandTruly wrote:
ISayshowmee wrote:KD to the Cavs. Take away the finals MVP from the Warroirs and let him showcase his talents in Cleveland.......lights out...good night.

you make no sense...

You need an explanation ?

Well, by taking out KD, the warriors wouldn't be who they are? C'mon genius.
HurricaneKid
General Manager
And1: 5,034

Post#97 » by HurricaneKid » Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:41 pm

rugbyrugger23 wrote:I am going to change my answer but stick with Wolves...

Wiggins for Irving trade gets completed this offseason prior to this magical player addition of this thread. Wolves add Kawhi...

Kawhi vs. KD
Butler vs. Klay
Irving vs. Curry

Teague vs. Livingston
Crawford vs. Iggy

That is one hell of a WCF. I don't think any better matchups could happen in this hypothetical.

You just added TWO superstars to a team and its STILL not close IMO.

This is seriously as depressing an exercise as I can recall because I don't think any of the suggestions are even remotely close to beating GSW 4 out of 7 times.
fishnc wrote:If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, Bin Laden, and LeBron, I would shoot LeBron twice.
Chris76
Sixth Man
And1: 318

Post#98 » by Chris76 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:57 pm

rugbyrugger23 wrote:I am going to change my answer but stick with Wolves...

Kawhi vs. KD
Butler vs. Klay
Irving vs. Curry

Teague vs. Livingston
Crawford vs. Iggy

Minn getting Kyrie + kawhi would be very competitive. The Sixers getting Lebron would be good too.

Fultz..........Kyrie.............Curry
Redick........Butler............Klay
Lebron........Kawhi............KD
Simmons......Dieng............Green
Embiid........Towns............Zaza

Covington.....Crawford........Iggy
Saric...........Teague...........Livingston

Embiid and Towns would be X-factors at the center spot. The Wolves and Sixers should make huge leaps, this year.
Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Post#99 » by Stillwater » Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:34 pm

1 isn't enough for most teams against GSW.
It would have to be an extremely dynamic player added to a team that is already a contender to win multiple games against that high powered trio of scorers the 2 dirtiest players in basketball.
I would say none of the players that would do that will be available to move to those teams.
Unless SA can figure out how to get KI
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
NASE
Sophomore
And1: 111

Post#100 » by NASE » Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:51 pm

Kawhi to the Blazers

Lillard
McCollum
Kawhi
Aminu