I love the Bucks!

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

ThumbsUpBaby
Head Coach
And1: 10,825

Re: I love the Bucks! 

Post#21 » by ThumbsUpBaby » Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:02 am

Just wait till the Bucks become championship contenders and win a championship. Overnight, they'll become the most hated team and people will find reasons.
PKABOOICU
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,128

Post#22 » by PKABOOICU » Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:14 am

SanDavid wrote:Just wait till the Bucks become championship contenders and win a championship. Overnight, they'll become the most hated team and people will find reasons.

or a bunch of Giannis jerseys all across the states with people claiming they been die hard fans since Ray/Cassell/BigDog/Redd
Froob
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 58,318

Post#23 » by Froob » Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:37 am

trwi7 wrote:One of the many better ideas that someone on our board has come up with over the years that makes the Bucks look like a bunch of **** amateurs.

Appears the Brooklyn one was fixed, their sponsor is black or white on the 2k screenshots

Read on Twitter

Tommy Heinsohn wrote:The game is not over until they look you in the face and start crying.

RIP The_Hater
King of Canada
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,011

Post#24 » by King of Canada » Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:27 pm

Knicks are going to wear a little badge with Dolan's face on it.
BAF Pacers

F. Campazzo/ J. Clarkson/ K. Lewis Jr
D. Mitchell/ J. Richardson/S. Merrill
Luka/Melo
Zion/Gay/Gabriel
KAT/Kabengele

F. Mason, Jontay, J. Harris

RIP mags :beer:
antonac
Starter
And1: 2,196

Post#25 » by antonac » Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:51 pm

I hate it.

Harley is a cheesy company now, it's aimed at Dad's looking for a leather jacket to wear when they go to hard rock cafe.

plus they're very American, which is kinda cool for some teams but not the one that's marquee player is Greek and, if they actually do break out, no.2 will be Australian. I kinda love the bucks because, along with Denver, they have that international flavour to their line up which is something relatively new in the NBA.
BrewCityBBQ
Analyst
And1: 79

Post#26 » by BrewCityBBQ » Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:59 pm

antonac wrote:I hate it.

Harley is a cheesy company now, it's aimed at Dad's looking for a leather jacket to wear when they go to hard rock cafe.

plus they're very American, which is kinda cool for some teams but not the one that's marquee player is Greek and, if they actually do break out, no.2 will be Australian. I kinda love the bucks because, along with Denver, they have that international flavour to their line up which is something relatively new in the NBA.

Well Harley is a Milwaukee company that has a rich history. Its all about the Bucks who play in Milwaukee and not about the players. So not really sure what you mean here? Are we supposed to seek out like an Olive Oil company or something from Greece just because Giannis plays for the Bucks right now? Or should we look for a Vegemite sponsor to appease Thon?
antonac
Starter
And1: 2,196

Post#27 » by antonac » Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:07 pm

BrewCityBBQ wrote:

Well Harley is a Milwaukee company that has a rich history. Its all about the Bucks who play in Milwaukee and not about the players. So not really sure what you mean here? Are we supposed to seek out like an Olive Oil company or something from Greece just because Giannis plays for the Bucks right now? Or should we look for a Vegemite sponsor to appease Thon?

a Feta cheese company maybe? wisconsinites love their cheese don't they? I love Feta.
Poohdini1
Sixth Man
And1: 1,243

Post#28 » by Poohdini1 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:37 pm

trwi7 wrote:One of the many better ideas that someone on our board has come up with over the years that makes the Bucks look like a bunch of **** amateurs.

SO much better, why would you put an orange logo on a white/green uni??

Reminds me of the Nets one before they wisely decided to change it to white/black.
magnumt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 15,046
Location: Gott'a Stick To My Girls Like Glue, Ain't No No. 2 Here...Sean Paul Style, Baby Gyrl!!!

Post#29 » by magnumt » Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:45 pm

Cappy_Smurf wrote:Yeah, it's going to be hard to beat that sponsorship. Kinda surprised Harley didn't land a bigger market, but good for the Bucks. I'm definitely jelly.

Harley's function better in open road. Big markets lack that.

Kawasakis on the other hand... :lol:

--Mags :beer:
BAF 1.0 - Wizards: Year 2
PG: Kemba Walker (32) / Rivers (16) / Felton
SG: Evan Fournier (28) / Evans (20) / Dotson
SF: Gordon Hayward (36)/ Delly (12) / Dudley
PF: Kevin Love (36) / Frye (12) / Ellenson
C: Pau Gasol (32) / Noah (16) / Felicio

magnumt6
magnumt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Location: Gott'a Stick To My Girls Like Glue, Ain't No No. 2 Here...Sean Paul Style, Baby Gyrl!!!

Post#30 » by magnumt » Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:51 pm

BrewCityBBQ wrote:

Not to mention that Wisconsin (like Pennsylvania & Detroit) is a VERY blue collar and VERY American State.

It would actually turn heads for an international company to be the first sponsored of them.

They DON'T play in Greece. Nor Australia. They play in America. Why would they NOT have an AMERICAN sponsor?! :-?

How would you feel if Olympiacos were sponsored by say...Kraft? :-?

magnumt6
triple_threat
Veteran
And1: 2,045

Post#31 » by triple_threat » Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:14 pm

magnumt wrote:http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/247152/Bucks-Sell-Jersey-Sponsorship-To-Harley-Davidson

Read on Twitter

:love:

No offense, but how does his merit a thread on the general board but you lock my thread about lebron being the best performer on the floor in most of his finals performances?
magnumt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#32 » by magnumt » Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:16 pm

triple_threat wrote:
magnumt wrote:http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/247152/Bucks-Sell-Jersey-Sponsorship-To-Harley-Davidson

Read on Twitter

No offense, but how does his merit a thread on the general board but you lock my thread about lebron being the best performer on the floor in most of his finals performances?

Because it does....that's how.

magnumt6
triple_threat
Veteran
And1: 2,045

Post#33 » by triple_threat » Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:20 pm

magnumt wrote:
triple_threat wrote:

Read on Twitter

Because it does....that's how.

Based on what?
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,392

Post#34 » by trwi7 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:17 pm

triple_threat wrote:No offense, but how does his merit a thread on the general board but you lock my thread about lebron being the best performer on the floor in most of his finals performances?

Because nobody likes Captain Obvious threads.

Best player in the world typically the best player on the floor. More at 11. :reporter:
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
Veyron
Senior
And1: 509

Post#35 » by Veyron » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:23 pm

SanDavid wrote:Just wait till the Bucks become championship contenders and win a championship. Overnight, they'll become the most hated team and people will find reasons.

Problem is Bucks wont become contender in our lifetime.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,392

Post#36 » by trwi7 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:30 pm

Veyron wrote:

For some reason you seem to have little faith in the guy who was hired as GM who didn't even know he was a candidate which doesn't make our owners look like a bunch of **** morons or anything.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
PackAttack9
Senior
And1: 224

Post#37 » by PackAttack9 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:06 pm

Veyron wrote:

Your problem is Aaron Gordon.

Your solution is John Hammond.
MrBaynes
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,863

Post#38 » by MrBaynes » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:29 pm

The sponsor seems appropriate to the market and seems like a good choice, but the Orange on Green/White is a total eyesore.

Return to The General Board